The poker thread...

The Merse

How many folk are in it? 25k prize pool?!

Currently 318 but up to a maximum of 650.

The ?25,000 will be split up into the top 60 or 80, about ?6000 to the winner.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The Merse

• Era Macaroons

• Bigsmak

• Statto

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

25 minutes in, I'm 223rd out of 399 (482 started).

I'm 20 chips down from my starting stack, I've not really had a hand but there is a wee stack on my left so I've been taking a couple of chips off him.:)

1 - Know before you go how much you want to spend. you need ?10 for the buy in (+?1 for registration, and ?1 for the royal flush jackpot - optional). At the end of the re-buy period there is a double chance top-up, where you get 2 buy in's for the price of 1. Personally, I budget for about ?40-?50 thats 2 or 3 re-buys. However my biggest win of ?1900 was with no re-buys or add ons.

2 - Don't play the first hand, even if you have AK. just don't as half the table are desperate to play it.

3 - Size up the table and try and understand what is going on, some will be trying to double up all the time and will re-buy without thinking about it. Others will be tight and not losing their ?10. Work out who is who and it will help you decide what to play with.

4 - Do not try to bluff at all in the first 40 mins. People will call everything.

5 - Have fun,

6 - Dont play cards like K 5 because theyre suited.

Quality of players on show?

Some terrible, really really terrible players who play 5 times a week. D-McG will tell you who they are....

Some very good players as well, a few really aggressive Chinese for a start.

Let us know how you got on.

So here is the lowdown after my first live game at the aptly named "Circus" last night:

I'm pretty pleased how I played overall, but one big mistake and I was out of their. Played ok during the rebuy period, only rebuying once and building up a decent stack after this, which I complemented with the buy one get one free add on. This was in comparison to some other players who seemed to be playing any two cards in the hope of flopping a monster which led to numerous cries of Rebuy. After the rebuys had ceased I was moving along nicely, only to be moved tables. Sat at this new table I suddenly become card dead and this I think this brought on some complacency. After about half an hour I pocketed a pair of queens. The blinds had just moved up to 300/600 and in my infininte wisdom I threw in a raise of only 600. Given that I made it so cheap, 2 people called. Flop- TT2 I raised it by 1200 but by this time it was too late. One of the callers folded and the other re-raised by 1200. The handed ended with nothing major on the turn or the river and with us both all in. She flipped over a set of 2's and my two pair was a gonner. I knew myself I had made it too easy for them to come with me with my paltry raise and after that I played the hand like a donkey. Any criticism or pointers on how I played or how I should have played is welcome....

On a side issue there were some reckless and bad players like you said, but on a positive note the folk were really freindly and there were some good knowledgeable players also. The first table I was at, a guy flopped a straight flush and pocketed ?110 from the house. Astonishingly, later on at the same table (once I had been moved) the board turned out another straight flush but the guy who had the better hand had not paid the pound for the bonus when registering (c'mon mate its only a quid).

This poker is really getting a hold of me though- I never knew a bad play could sit on someone's mind that much. I cant stop thinking what an arse i made of it. To rub it in, I took along my mate, who was drunk as hell and barely knows the rules and after about five rebuys an add on and some laughable play, I told him to tighthen up and he made the final table.... unbelievable.

To rub it in, I took along my mate, who was drunk as hell and barely knows the rules and after about five rebuys an add on and some laughable play, I told him to tighthen up and he made the final table.... unbelievable.

Thats Poker

Glad you had fun, its much much better playing live. Brilliant, glad you enjoyed it..

I'm away along the night for the ?30 freezeout... I prefer these at the moment to the re-buys as you don't get the nut cases playing "any two cards", just in case the flop comes - 772 for example.

Will you be going back?

Thats Poker

Glad you had fun, its much much better playing live. Brilliant, glad you enjoyed it..

I'm away along the night for the ?30 freezeout... I prefer these at the moment to the re-buys as you don't get the nut cases playing "any two cards", just in case the flop comes - 772 for example.

Will you be going back?

Without a doubt. I'm busy next weekend so i'll probably head along the weekend after. I have to agree it was a hundred times better than online play.

Thats Poker

Will you be going back?

It was your brother who hit the straight flush!

I went in for a cash game, didn't leave till half 5 this morning. Urgh.

Broke even on it, despite being ?150 up and then ?100 down.

So here is the lowdown after my first live game at the aptly named "Circus" last night:

I'm pretty pleased how I played overall, but one big mistake and I was out of their. Played ok during the rebuy period, only rebuying once and building up a decent stack after this, which I complemented with the buy one get one free add on. This was in comparison to some other players who seemed to be playing any two cards in the hope of flopping a monster which led to numerous cries of Rebuy. After the rebuys had ceased I was moving along nicely, only to be moved tables. Sat at this new table I suddenly become card dead and this I think this brought on some complacency. After about half an hour I pocketed a pair of queens. The blinds had just moved up to 300/600 and in my infininte wisdom I threw in a raise of only 600. Given that I made it so cheap, 2 people called. Flop- TT2 I raised it by 1200 but by this time it was too late. One of the callers folded and the other re-raised by 1200. The handed ended with nothing major on the turn or the river and with us both all in. She flipped over a set of 2's and my two pair was a gonner. I knew myself I had made it too easy for them to come with me with my paltry raise and after that I played the hand like a donkey. Any criticism or pointers on how I played or how I should have played is welcome....

On a side issue there were some reckless and bad players like you said, but on a positive note the folk were really freindly and there were some good knowledgeable players also. The first table I was at, a guy flopped a straight flush and pocketed ?110 from the house. Astonishingly, later on at the same table (once I had been moved) the board turned out another straight flush but the guy who had the better hand had not paid the pound for the bonus when registering (c'mon mate its only a quid).

This poker is really getting a hold of me though- I never knew a bad play could sit on someone's mind that much. I cant stop thinking what an arse i made of it. To rub it in, I took along my mate, who was drunk as hell and barely knows the rules and after about five rebuys an add on and some laughable play, I told him to tighthen up and he made the final table.... unbelievable.

Crazy, isn't it? Nothing worse than going out a tournament when you know you made a mistake, bad beats are easier to take than that IMO because they are outwith your control.

I'd always recommend a decent sized raise with queens, if somebody has a hand to play you with they'll call, if they don't you'll win the blinds but thats better than letting somebody in cheaply with poor cards to outdraw you.

Crazy, isn't it? Nothing worse than going out a tournament when you know you made a mistake, bad beats are easier to take than that IMO because they are outwith your control.

I'd always recommend a decent sized raise with queens, if somebody has a hand to play you with they'll call, if they don't you'll win the blinds but thats better than letting somebody in cheaply with poor cards to outdraw you.

Your right. I'd could handle it if i raised it 3 or 4 times the big blind, played it right all the way and then was gazzumped by a jammy river card. The fact that I made it far too easy too see the flop is what is getting on my tats. Just learning this game though, and I won't be making that mistake again.

It was your brother who hit the straight flush!

It was the James Bond hand - 5 7 spades..

4 and J spades came out on Flop., he called a bet cause he had 4 to a flush and when the 6 spades came out he ended up all in. Called by a numpty with the A spades. When the 8s comes on the river he was gutted he didn't have more chips. Still. ?114 to the good for it though.

We are both going tonight!

It was the James Bond hand - 5 7 spades..

4 and J spades came out on Flop., he called a bet cause he had 4 to a flush and when the 6 spades came out he ended up all in. Called by a numpty with the A spades. When the 8s comes on the river he was gutted he didn't have more chips. Still. ?114 to the good for it though.

We are both going tonight!

I think I am too, feeling a bit groggy though tbh.

Home already,

My KK ran into AA and lost all my chips, very early on!

Next week!

ho hum

Made final table. Down to last 5 button shoves all in, i look down at TT in the small blind, make the call. She turns over A4. Blank till the river - ace! Was left with about 2 big blinds after that managed to double up and win some more blinds. There was 1 guy with a huge stack and the rest of us pretty even by that point. Gave the leader ?900 and the rest of us took ?450. Not too bad.

Playing some tournaments on full tilt tonight, and decided to see if i could find some poker documentaries to watch whilst I was playing. Just finished watching this one, about a few european poker players who entered the wsop in 1998.

Was quite a good watch actually, and a few familiar faces from the world of poker. Donnacah(sp?) o'dea, andy black, devilfish. There was also the guy who is the tournament director in alot of the british run tv tournaments mad Marty smyth. Who actually is mad by the way..lol

There was one Irish guy who had one of the big stacks with just 2 people left to go out before the money and ended up donking them away and finishing in the bubble, was quite amazing seeing how badly he blew it.

Anyway, heres the link if anyone wants to watch it... im going to see if there are some others to watch...

http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=tournament+poker&emb=0&aq=f#q=poker%20documentary&emb=0

Have also been watching High stakes poker the last few weeks, and discovered the 7 2 game....if you haven't seen this before then have a look at the first 10 minutes of this clip and watch out for the hellmuth vs matusow hand...cracks me up everytime i see it...amazing.

http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=tournament+poker&emb=0&aq=f#q=high%20stakes%20poker%20season%204&emb=0

Playing some tournaments on full tilt tonight, and decided to see if i could find some poker documentaries to watch whilst I was playing. Just finished watching this one, about a few european poker players who entered the wsop in 1998.

Was quite a good watch actually, and a few familiar faces from the world of poker. Donnacah(sp?) o'dea, andy black, devilfish. There was also the guy who is the tournament director in alot of the british run tv tournaments mad Marty smyth. Who actually is mad by the way..lol

There was one Irish guy who had one of the big stacks with just 2 people left to go out before the money and ended up donking them away and finishing in the bubble, was quite amazing seeing how badly he blew it.

Anyway, heres the link if anyone wants to watch it... im going to see if there are some others to watch...

http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=tournament+poker&emb=0&aq=f#q=poker%20documentary&emb=0

Have also been watching High stakes poker the last few weeks, and discovered the 7 2 game....if you haven't seen this before then have a look at the first 10 minutes of this clip and watch out for the hellmuth vs matusow hand...cracks me up everytime i see it...amazing.

http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=tournament+poker&emb=0&aq=f#q=high%20stakes%20poker%20season%204&emb=0

I think you mean "mad marty wilson"? I played against him in Scottish champs a few years back and yes he is pretty mental.

I think you mean "mad marty wilson"? I played against him in Scottish champs a few years back and yes he is pretty mental.

lol aye him. ive got a mate called Marty smyth,diinae think he'd like me calling him mad.:laugh:

Era Macaroons
That's poker :laugh::tongue:

Couple of spots available in tonights home game, drop me a PM if you're interested. I'll try and ensure no similar beats happen tonight but I can't promise anything!

just spotted this...cheers anyway! baby pending any moment puts me out of things!

...so ill not suffer any of your beats for a while!!;)

Walter Payton
just spotted this...cheers anyway! baby pending any moment puts me out of things!

...so ill not suffer any of your beats for a while!!;)

It was another late one on Friday night, 3 S&Gs played with deep stacks (starting stacks varied from game to game between 12,750 and 15000) and slow blinds to guarantee some poker instead of waiting for a spot and shoving... Last heads up only finished at 8.30am on the Saturday! Crazily, quads were flopped another twice making it 5 times in 7 days I'd seen them (both times 6s) but the last time I really struggled to get them paid off since we were heads up at the time...

Era Macaroons
And I thought it was just the pies.. lol

:)

Let us know when it drops bro!

;)

will do, n its not my fault theres a greggs round the corner!:)

Era Macaroons
It was another late one on Friday night, 3 S&Gs played with deep stacks (starting stacks varied from game to game between 12,750 and 15000) and slow blinds to guarantee some poker instead of waiting for a spot and shoving... Last heads up only finished at 8.30am on the Saturday! Crazily, quads were flopped another twice making it 5 times in 7 days I'd seen them (both times 6s) but the last time I really struggled to get them paid off since we were heads up at the time...

long games! I dont think I'd have been very popular rolling in at 9am!!:girl:=:angry:

who was in the money this time?

Walter Payton
long games! I dont think I'd have been very popular rolling in at 9am!!:girl:=:angry:

who was in the money this time?

I won twice and Robbie won once.

Edinburgh Circus New Schedule from February 9th

MONDAY

?30 NL HOLD EM,

1 TOP UP OR RE-BUY ALLOWED 4,000PTS

4,000PTS STARTING STACK

EARLY BIRD BONUS OF 1500 CHIPS

BLINDS INCREASE EVERY 30 MINS (3 LEVELS) THEN EVERY 25 MINS

LATE REGISTRATION AVAILABLE UNTIL 9:30PM

SUBJECT TO AVAILABILITY

TUESDAY

?5 NL HOLDEM REBUY

2 HR RE-BUY PERIOD (PLUS LAST 3 HANDS)

500PT STARTING STACK

BLINDS INCREASE EVERY 60 MINS (2 LEVELS) THEN EVERY 25 MINS

ADD-ONS ALLOWED (DOUBLE CHIPS)

BLINDS INCREASE EVERY 25 MINS AFTER THE REBUY

LATE REGISTRATION AVAILABLE UNTIL 9PM

SUBJECT TO AVAILABILITY

WEDNESDAY

?20 NL DOUBLE CHANCE

4,000PTS IN TOTAL (INITIAL ALLOCATION OF 2,000PTS)

ALL CHIPS WILL BE ALLOCATED AT END OF LEVEL 3

SUBJECT TO AVAILABILITY

THURSDAY

?10 NL HOLD EM DEEP STACK REBUY

90 MIN RE-BUY PERIOD (2 LEVELS, PLUS LAST 3 HANDS)

1500PT STARTING STACK

BLINDS INCREASE EVERY 45 MINS (2 LEVELS) THEN EVERY 25 MINS

BLINDS INCREASE EVERY 25 MINS AFTER THE REBUY PERIOD

LATE REGISTRATION AVAILABLE UNTIL 8.45PM

SUBJECT TO AVAILABILITY

FRIDAY

?10 NL HOLD EM RE-BUY

90 MIN RE-BUY PERIOD (PLUS LAST 3 HANDS)

1000PT STARTING STACK

SUBJECT TO AVAILABILITY

SATURDAY

?30 NL DOUBLE CHANCE FREEZEOUT

SUBJECT TO AVAILABILITY

SUNDAY 4PM START

?20 NL HOLD-EM

4,000PTS STARTING STACK

1 TOP UP OR RE-BUY ALLOWED 6,000PTS

BLINDS INCREASE EVERY 60 MINS (2 LEVELS)THEN EVERY 25 MINS

LATE REGISTRATION AVAILABLE UNTIL 5PM

SUBJECT TO AVAILABILITY

For all tournaments Monday to Saturday

REGISTRATION OPENS AT 6.45PM

REGISTRATION CLOSES AT 7.45PM

Sunday

REGISTRATION OPENS AT 2.45PM

REGISTRATION CLOSES AT 3.45PM

[/b]

PROGRESSIVE JACKPOT AVAILABLE ON ALL TOURNAMENTS WITH THE EXCEPTION OF TUESDAY.[/center]

PLEASE NOTE

THERE WILL BE A FEW SUNDAY'S WHERE WE WILL NOT BE ABLE TO HOLD THE SCHEDULED TOURNAMENTS DUE TO COMMITMENTS FOR THE NUTS POKER LEAGUE FINAL. THESE DATES WILL BE ADVERTISED WELL IN ADVANCE.

Edinburgh Circus New Schedule from February 9th

MONDAY

?30 NL HOLD EM,

4,000PTS STARTING STACK

SUBJECT TO AVAILABILITY

TUESDAY

?5 NL HOLDEM REBUY

2 HR RE-BUY PERIOD (PLUS LAST 3 HANDS)

500PT STARTING STACK

BLINDS INCREASE EVERY 60 MINS (2 LEVELS) THEN EVERY 25 MINS

BLINDS INCREASE EVERY 25 MINS AFTER THE REBUY

LATE REGISTRATION AVAILABLE UNTIL 9PM

SUBJECT TO AVAILABILITY

WEDNESDAY

?20 NL DOUBLE CHANCE

SUBJECT TO AVAILABILITY

THURSDAY

?10 NL HOLD EM DEEP STACK REBUY

90 MIN RE-BUY PERIOD (2 LEVELS, PLUS LAST 3 HANDS)

1500PT STARTING STACK

SUBJECT TO AVAILABILITY

FRIDAY

?10 NL HOLD EM RE-BUY

90 MIN RE-BUY PERIOD (PLUS LAST 3 HANDS)

1000PT STARTING STACK

SUBJECT TO AVAILABILITY

SATURDAY

?30 NL DOUBLE CHANCE FREEZEOUT

SUBJECT TO AVAILABILITY

SUNDAY 4PM START

?20 NL HOLD-EM

4,000PTS STARTING STACK

1 TOP UP OR RE-BUY ALLOWED 6,000PTS

BLINDS INCREASE EVERY 60 MINS (2 LEVELS)THEN EVERY 25 MINS

LATE REGISTRATION AVAILABLE UNTIL 5PM

SUBJECT TO AVAILABILITY

For all tournaments Monday to Saturday

REGISTRATION OPENS AT 6.45PM

REGISTRATION CLOSES AT 7.45PM

Sunday

REGISTRATION OPENS AT 2.45PM

REGISTRATION CLOSES AT 3.45PM

[/b]

PROGRESSIVE JACKPOT AVAILABLE ON ALL TOURNAMENTS WITH THE EXCEPTION OF TUESDAY.[/center]

PLEASE NOTE

THERE WILL BE A FEW SUNDAY'S WHERE WE WILL NOT BE ABLE TO HOLD THE SCHEDULED TOURNAMENTS DUE TO COMMITMENTS FOR THE NUTS POKER LEAGUE FINAL. THESE DATES WILL BE ADVERTISED WELL IN ADVANCE.

Saturdays, Sundays, mondays and wednesdays it is then. Cheers for that mate.

Walter Payton

You couldn't make it up, after playing last night at Diane's I've now seen quads at my table 8 times (having them 6 times myself) in the last 10 days.

Hand last night...

Myself and Mo involved in the hand (some people will know Mo from the Casino), Mo is normally as tight as you can get but realises that I know this and gets really frustrated when I frequently raise his blinds or squeeze a pot when he's involved knowing he's likely to fold- It's paid off in the past as I can frustrate him into reraising me with a less than premium hand (if he thinks I'm at it again) when I've got the goods, but sometimes it can get dicey...

The hand in question I was in the big blind, but the time I was in the big blind previously was pretty significant- It was still the first level and EVERYBODY had limped on my big blind. I don't normally look for a second invitation and raised it up to 400 (I was only holding J,2 but the times it works more than compensates for the times somebody calls and you're left with decisions to make after the flop!). Everybody folds but I can tell Mo is p!ssed off (he was UTG) because he knows I had absolute junk and I take my 400 back along with 400 of other peoples chips.

Hand itself...

I'm in the big blind and look down at Aces. Mo (to my surprise) has decided to limp again from UTG on my BB, and 4 other people come along without putting in a raise- I make exactly the same move again, raising it to 400 (obviously wanting a caller this time but thinking that I can extract more value from the hand if people think I'm raising light again). Mo (looking really annoyed!) flat calls, everybody else folds and we see the flop.

Flop is 4,3,4 rainbow.

Thinking I'm still good ( I couldn't have imagined Mo calling 400 with a 3 or 4 in his hand) I check, trying to represent that I've been caught squeezing the pot again and will fold to any bet- Pot is 1000 and Mo bets 500. If I flat call the pot will now be 2000 with me having slightly more than that behind me so I ruled out shoving, but thought a cheeky wee minraise up to 1000 would be appropriate- Mo then puts the rest of his chips into the pot. Against anybody else I would have guaranteed that Mo would only make a move like that with close to the nuts but because it's me I'm thinking he'd do that with something like 10s, Jacks or Queens- I call and Mo turns over 3,3 for the full house.

I'm gutted because I normally back my reads against Mo and honestly didn't ever think Mo would have limped with 3,3 UTG whether it was on my BB or not. Gutted turns to mildly embarassed (but relieved!) when not only does a 4 come on the turn to give me a better full house, but the river is the final 4 to give me quad 4s with an Ace.

Era Macaroons
I'm gutted because I normally back my reads against Mo and honestly didn't ever think Mo would have limped with 3,3 UTG whether it was on my BB or not. Gutted turns to mildly embarassed (but relieved!) when not only does a 4 come on the turn to give me a better full house, but the river is the final 4 to give me quad 4s with an Ace.

:laugh: what a belter...unlucky mo

Gutted turns to mildly embarassed (but relieved!) when not only does a 4 come on the turn to give me a better full house, but the river is the final 4 to give me quad 4s with an Ace.

I did something the same once in the casino, held AK and the flop was 444, I raised and was re-raised by a woman who held 55... so we are both all in and I feel like an idiot, but still in with a chance.. so when the 4th 4 comes out.. she was raging! lol

I just had one of the biggest bad beats I've ever had on pokerstars.

I limp in with 55, I have a few callers. The flop is K95. I bet 80, blinds are 20/40. I get re-raised all-in -it's a rebuy and they were playing loose- I instant call, I'm against KJ.

The percentages are roughly 96.5%-3.5%. He hits runner-runner J J for a bigger fulhouse.:mad:

Maybe it was the poker-gods paying me back for a hand I had earlier in the day on skypoker, I was short-stacked, had 6h5h on the button, I raise all-in with 10BB, the BB called with AK off-suit. I hit a 6 on the river to double up, I was a 42% chance and won but surely nobody deserves to lose a 96.5% chance.:mw_rolleyes:

Poker, isn't it the greatest game.:D

Just got stung a bit of a beaut there like.

Worst thing about it is I had read the hand PERFECTLY but was unable to make the fold.

I limp with A7 diamonds.

Big blind raises it to ?2.50.

I call.

Flop QJ3 - 1 diamond.

Raiser checks immediately, I was sure it was a trap and actually put him on pocket jacks or even queens. I check behind.

River 4 diamonds.

He bets ?2.50. I call

River Q diamonds. The guy then bets ?29 into a ?10 pot and I have the nut flush and am sure I'm beat but make the call and see that my read was spot on and he did hold pocket jacks.

Quiz on Outs;

A wee question to see how good you all are at this type of thing :)

4 handed table, everyone all-in.

Player 1 - 9-4

Player 2 - 2-8

Player 3 - A-8

Player 4 - 3-2

The flop and turn is; JJ2 7,

What cards can each player hit on the river to win, and what are the split pot cards between players 2 and 4? (There are no flush possibilities);)

------------------------------------

Player 1's outs -

Player 2's outs -

Player 3's outs -

Player 4's outs -

2 & 4 Split pot -

Quiz on Outs;

A wee question to see how good you all are at this type of thing :)

4 handed table, everyone all-in.

Player 1 - 9-4

Player 2 - 2-8

Player 3 - A-8

Player 4 - 3-2

The flop and turn is; JJ2 7,

What cards can each player hit on the river to win, and what are the split pot cards between players 2 and 4? (There are no flush possibilities);)

------------------------------------

Player 1's outs - 9 or 4

Player 2's outs - 5 or 6

Player 3's outs - 7, 8, A

Player 4's outs - 3

2 & 4 Split pot - 2, T, J, Q, K

:D

I'm going to try my luck at cash games.

I'm starting with 2p/4p games, risking no more than 5% on my bankroll at a time.

On the 19th of Jan, I put ?1 into a table, 27 minutes later walking away with ?2.02 (profit= 102%) [?21.02]

Just now I was at another 2p/4p table, sat down with ?1.51 and walking away 22 minutes later with ?4.40 (profit= 191.4%) [?23.91]

If I multiply my initial 5% stake I take to each table by an average of 150% each day I play, I should be hitting the grand mark after 55 days. My target was 7 weeks.

To calculate the 150% increase on my bankroll, I multiplied the ?20 by 1.075 to give the next days target bankroll.

After a bad start, I'm more than on target after today's game.:D

Had my first 2 losses:eek:

First one;

I had JJ in SB and had ?1.21.

10 handed table, 1 new player posted BB.

There was an aggresive player sitting about 4 or 5 seats to my right, he raised it up to ?0.16 (4x the BB). A player between us called 16p, I called the remaining 14p, the BB called 12p and the new player called 12p. The pot pre-flop was ?0.82.

The flop was TdKdJc.

I'm first to act, I bet 24p. The new player calls and so does the aggresive initial raiser. The other 2 fold. The pot at this point is ?1.54.

The turn is a 7c. I decide to push all-in (?0.81), giving the wrong odds for anyone with a Q chasing the open ended draw, knowing I have still got 11 possible outs if anybody flopped the straight. The new player folded and the aggresive player called into a pot of ?2.35.

The river is a 9d and he turned QsTh.

Looking back on his decisions, he probally knew he was behind and chasing, he has a 2/1 chance on the flop of hitting one of his 8 possible cards to give him a straight, the actual odds he got after the new guy called was 5/1 so correct decision.

After the turn, he had a 9/2 chance to hit but was getting 3/1, slightly wrong decision for him but, good for me in the long run if people like him call the bad odds I am giving.:D

My second loss was AJ v JJ, flop was 2TT, he bet, I sensed he didn't have the T so pushed hoping to make him fold, in a tournament that may have worked but still need to get used to cash games - he called.

-----------------------

Following two 100% losses, I'm down to ?22.60 - still up :tongue:

Had my first 2 losses:eek:

First one;

I had JJ in SB and had ?1.21.

10 handed table, 1 new player posted BB.

There was an aggresive player sitting about 4 or 5 seats to my right, he raised it up to ?0.16 (4x the BB). A player between us called 16p, I called the remaining 14p, the BB called 12p and the new player called 12p. The pot pre-flop was ?0.82.

The flop was TdKdJc.

I'm first to act, I bet 24p. The new player calls and so does the aggresive initial raiser. The other 2 fold. The pot at this point is ?1.54.

The turn is a 7c. I decide to push all-in (?0.81), giving the wrong odds for anyone with a Q chasing the open ended draw, knowing I have still got 11 possible outs if anybody flopped the straight. The new player folded and the aggresive player called into a pot of ?2.35.

The river is a 9d and he turned QsTh.

Looking back on his decisions, he probally knew he was behind and chasing, he has a 2/1 chance on the flop of hitting one of his 8 possible cards to give him a straight, the actual odds he got after the new guy called was 5/1 so correct decision.

After the turn, he had a 9/2 chance to hit but was getting 3/1, slightly wrong decision for him but, good for me in the long run if people like him call the bad odds I am giving.:D

My second loss was AJ v JJ, flop was 2TT, he bet, I sensed he didn't have the T so pushed hoping to make him fold, in a tournament that may have worked but still need to get used to cash games - he called.

-----------------------

Following two 100% losses, I'm down to ?22.60 - still up :tongue:

Looking at the first hand - it was a perfect opportunity for you to take down a decent pot pre-flop. The raiser was aggressive so you were 95% sure to be ahead of him and the caller would likely have raised if he had QQ, KK or AA. So get all your money in the middle and the aggressive player might call, but the caller will get out of the way. They can still suck out, but you often find yourself up against a very small pair with very big odds in your favour.

I just knocked out the studio guest on the Five00:laugh:

Keith Deller aka De1boy.

I'm out now as well, after being chip leader for a bit.

27 in the BB, UTG limped in. I flop 2 pair, it all goes in on the flop and Pokerbcity (who cashed in WSOP!) had AA. I won.:laugh:

Similar hand with De1boy, he limped with AK, I flopped 2 pair 4's and 9's.:D

I'm in the Velocity now.

Era Macaroons
I'm going to try my luck at cash games.

I'm starting with 2p/4p games, risking no more than 5% on my bankroll at a time.

On the 19th of Jan, I put ?1 into a table, 27 minutes later walking away with ?2.02 (profit= 102%) [?21.02]

Just now I was at another 2p/4p table, sat down with ?1.51 and walking away 22 minutes later with ?4.40 (profit= 191.4%) [?23.91]

If I multiply my initial 5% stake I take to each table by an average of 150% each day I play, I should be hitting the grand mark after 55 days. My target was 7 weeks.

To calculate the 150% increase on my bankroll, I multiplied the ?20 by 1.075 to give the next days target bankroll.

After a bad start, I'm more than on target after today's game.:D

If only it worked like this!!

you may run into 'problems' when your bankroll is larger and you have to increase by 50% on 2p/4p games!!!

(you will ob have to move up the stakes....and start meeting sharks.)

anyway...I Believe.

Era Macaroons
i might be up for it

Go if you can, hes got two topless waitresses, a fridge full o beer, and a playstation in the green room!.:mw_rolleyes:

Walter Payton
Go if you can, hes got two topless waitresses, a fridge full o beer, and a playstation in the green room!.:mw_rolleyes:

Cheers for the recommendation!

In the interests of honesty, Claire's heading up to Inverness this weekend so we're one "waitress" down- and no room in my flat will ever be green.

Other than that, it's all true ;)

[/b]

If only it worked like this!!

you may run into 'problems' when your bankroll is larger and you have to increase by 50% on 2p/4p games!!!

(you will ob have to move up the stakes....and start meeting sharks.)

anyway...I Believe.

Yeah, I've worked it out that I move up a level when I've got 25-30 5% buyins on the next table up, ie 4p-8p is the next level, buyin would be (20x 8p) ?1.60 (bankroll needed = ?1.60 x25) = ?40, hopefully I'll reach this soon and be at the high-roller tables in no time :tongue::laugh:

**SKY POKER UK TOUR**

Edinburgh, Final chance to qualify, 5 Semi final seats left only.

Qualifier seats will probally go within 30 mins.

Walter Payton
Don't even remember posting that.

:laugh:

No worries, I'll normally wait for a more committing "I'll be there" before I count out the chips!

The guy who sent me a PM saying he'd be here, asked about local off-licenses and subsequently held up the game for an hour as we decided to wait for him (phone was off) on the other hand...

God I love sky poker!

Stuck 70 quid in on Monday. Just about to finish for the night on ?770.

Joined a 25/50p table about half hour ago. Guy on ?194 and massive average pot. Smelt fishy so I went on.

The guy with the massive stack was nuts. Raising hands to like ?6 and stuff.

Well I took about ?40 off him calling one of his stupid raises with KQ suited and flopping AKK.

While later I pick up AA in the big blind. Nutter under the gun makes it ?5.50. Folds to me I min raise it to milk the guy.

Flop J94. I check and he bets ?18, I make it ?42 and he shoves all in. I call.

Now on Sky poker the hands don't turn over until the river, and even then its just the winners cards if the other players mucks.

So it was pretty tense watching this ?170 pot not knowing what he had.

So its come J94....Turn Q River K

And my AA is somehow good and he mucks!

What in gods name did he have!?!?

What in gods name did he have!?!?

did you check the hand history.. Some sites will show you even if he Mucks on the river..