The poker thread...

The Merse

Era Macaroons

so what is your plan of action over in Las V then D McG? if u have one!!

(just ignore this if its too private a subject for a forum)

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The Merse

• Era Macaroons

• Bigsmak

• Statto

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

so what is your plan of action over in Las V then D McG? if u have one!!

(just ignore this if its too private a subject for a forum)

The plan of action was to play as much poker as humanly possible!

Was card dead for 4 freekin days though. Having said that, after we'd dumped our cases off at the room we went to play poker, sat down at a cash game. First hand under the gun I pick up pocket aces! Couldn't believe it, pocket aces first hand in vegas. Only won about $20 though.

If it hadn't been for me sticking in some unbelievabley high risk moves I'd have barely won a hand!

Favourite play made.

I pick up K4 clubs on the cut off. Playing blinds of 1/3. Few limps. I decide to pump it up to 16 dollars. Get 2 calls. SB and 1 of the limpers.

Flop comes down 568. So a complete airball for me. Both players check. I bet 25 dollars. Get a call, which obviously I wasn't too pleased about.

Turn comes down another 5.

This time the small blind decides to lead out for 45 dollars. At this point I'm thinking, **** I'm going to have to represent a beast or let go of my hand. I put him on a straight draw originally so I thought for a minute or so. And I raised the 45 bet up to 110. He thinks about it and eventually makes the call.

At this point I'm praying for no 4 or 9. Turn came a blank. Might have been a 2. He checks it to me. I shove all in for my remaining 120 and he mucks his hand.

No idea where I found the balls for that re-raise on the turn but pretty proud of that hand I've got to say!

Took ?2,000 over to play with, came back with ?1,730. I didn't really have any great sessions at poker, was roulette that saved me in the end and got my money back up. I'd taken a grand in cash and a grand in travellers cheques. Was down to my last 300 dollars of cash and managed to get that back to 1,300!

Definitely going back, I don't think I can run that badly on the card table again and would definitely have got paid off had I actually ever connected with my hands!

Era Macaroons

sounds like you gad a great time and I suppose coming away with practically what u went with is a bit of result

nice poker with that hand you described.

went to the maybury for the first time in ages 2 sats ago 10 quid rebuy, made it to 2nd last table (boo) with no rebuys.

fav hand was early on with free check on bb, had 84....flop Q88, bet 500 , 2 callers

turn 4 (full house)

i bet 500 again, all in 800 from 1 old regular who was also dealing, and a fold

i call , river 9 (blank)

...and this is the best bit..."3 8's" boasts the dealer as he gathers chips and cards to himself...."can you beat that"....in the most triumphant voice you can imagine......(Id been playing quite well till then)

well, actually.......yes....I can.(as my head shouts read em and weep you pompous tw"t)

I was public enemy #1 after that.....he was in the 'gang'.....but they all dropped off to various neewbies.

sounds like you gad a great time and I suppose coming away with practically what u went with is a bit of result

nice poker with that hand you described.

went to the maybury for the first time in ages 2 sats ago 10 quid rebuy, made it to 2nd last table (boo) with no rebuys.

fav hand was early on with free check on bb, had 84....flop Q88, bet 500 , 2 callers

turn 4 (full house)

i bet 500 again, all in 800 from 1 old regular who was also dealing, and a fold

i call , river 9 (blank)

...and this is the best bit..."3 8's" boasts the dealer as he gathers chips and cards to himself...."can you beat that"....in the most triumphant voice you can imagine......(Id been playing quite well till then)

well, actually.......yes....I can.(as my head shouts read em and weep you pompous tw"t)

I was public enemy #1 after that.....he was in the 'gang'.....but they all dropped off to various neewbies.

Which regular was it?

Era Macaroons
Which regular was it?

Its not important....just a poker story, one of many, told to cyberspace.

I guess you use the Maybury, I wouldnt like the chance of you going and taking the pash out of him, and me getting grief next time I go!!

Its not important....just a poker story, one of many, told to cyberspace.

I guess you use the Maybury, I wouldnt like the chance of you going and taking the pash out of him, and me getting grief next time I go!!

Check out your paranoia. I'm in melbourne so it's quite hard to grass you.

I used to play in Maybury and know how many miserable buggers go there.

Era Macaroons
Check out your paranoia. I'm in melbourne so it's quite hard to grass you.

I used to play in Maybury and know how many miserable buggers go there.

check out your neb.:P

Just keeping my cards close to my chest, other folk read this as well u know;) ...and of course ...I knew u were in Melbourne.

but if you must know it was Auld pegleg Jock, the guy with the eyepatch and handlebar moustache.

Miserable buggers indeed....its great playing regulars......how can they possibly lose to a newbie/internet donk.;)

check out your neb.:P

Just keeping my cards close to my chest, other folk read this as well u know;) ...and of course ...I knew u were in Melbourne.

but if you must know it was Auld pegleg Jock, the guy with the eyepatch and handlebar moustache.

Miserable buggers indeed....its great playing regulars......how can they possibly lose to a newbie/internet donk.;)

Only peg leg I know is old alec and he is proper miserable, dont think I know the other guy.

How did u know im in Melbourne? I don't think I ever posted that I was coming here.

Era Macaroons
Only peg leg I know is old alec and he is proper miserable, dont think I know the other guy.

How did u know im in Melbourne? I don't think I ever posted that I was coming here.

Crikey, this could take a while.....

God almighty. I have serious issues with bluffing. I just can't help myself! I always feel that I'm making a move that should get through but really its so risky as sometimes players aren't good enough to fold.

Just did it again online there. Playing $1/2 blinds.

I raise on the button with 2h4h to $7. Small blind pumped it up to $24. At this point I'm thinking he did this to me the last time I raised from the button so I decided to call and either hope to catch him out by hitting my hand or make a play on him.

I call and flop comes QJ6.

Obviously not a good flop for me as it is likely he might have raised me with those sort of cards. I thought maybe he had AK so I called and hoped to see a blank on the turn and a check from him so I could make my move.

He led out on the flop for $32. I called.. Turn came down a T. I hated this card as I felt I could bluff him off AK on the turn but maybe not alot else.

He checks to me and I bet out $48. He calls.

So, I'm sitting with 4 high as we move to the river. River comes down another Jack.

He checks to me. I'm thinking he'd surely bet out at this point for some value if he had a good hand, unless he plays a blinder and traps me. I take the check as weak and move all in for my last $110. He folds and I show off my 24 and win a nice pot.

Wish I could actually connect with some freaking hands rather than trying to pull stunts like that so regularly. Not good for the old heart!

God almighty. I have serious issues with bluffing. I just can't help myself! I always feel that I'm making a move that should get through but really its so risky as sometimes players aren't good enough to fold.

Just did it again online there. Playing $1/2 blinds.

I raise on the button with 2h4h to $7. Small blind pumped it up to $24. At this point I'm thinking he did this to me the last time I raised from the button so I decided to call and either hope to catch him out by hitting my hand or make a play on him.

I call and flop comes QJ6.

Obviously not a good flop for me as it is likely he might have raised me with those sort of cards. I thought maybe he had AK so I called and hoped to see a blank on the turn and a check from him so I could make my move.

He led out on the flop for $32. I called.. Turn came down a T. I hated this card as I felt I could bluff him off AK on the turn but maybe not alot else.

He checks to me and I bet out $48. He calls.

So, I'm sitting with 4 high as we move to the river. River comes down another Jack.

He checks to me. I'm thinking he'd surely bet out at this point for some value if he had a good hand, unless he plays a blinder and traps me. I take the check as weak and move all in for my last $110. He folds and I show off my 24 and win a nice pot.

Wish I could actually connect with some freaking hands rather than trying to pull stunts like that so regularly. Not good for the old heart!

A post on why position is so important.

A post on why position is so important.

Spot on.. Was a very good play from D-McG there..

However...... You should only be doing that once every few hours and you cant do it against the same person again... Ever.... But when you have a hand.. Play it exactly the same.... You will get paid...

I like it!

A laugh on Saturday. Private game with different rules. 100 quid buy in ten people winner takes all. Won the first game so feeling happy obviously, 900 up. Finished quite early so we decided on another game. Anyway, overconfidence had me kicked out firsy. It went to the heads up after three guys were put out on one hand leaving one of them with 60 chips and one with 940. Guy doubled up 4 hands in a row to reverse it near enough, then the other guy won 5 in a row to win it all. Unbelieveable to be honest but hilarious to watch.

Anyone else been downloading the WSOP episodes? Just watched the latest two just there, quality viewing....... watching Hellmuth rant about 'damn internet poker players' is funny as hell. I was rolling about when he he said he was pokers Michael Jordan, then done a 'he shoots, he scores' motion :rofl:

Just been involved in the sicked hand I have ever come across.

Playing a Pokerstars Caribbean Adventure Step 3 turbo sit n go.

On the big blind with 2000ish and blinds at 100/200.

Raised to 600 to me. Wake up with AA. Push All in. Called by KK.

Flop. 10 A K

Turn. K

River. A :)

Never been through so many emotions in one hand ever.

A hand in the same game not involving me had a flop of A J 10 and 3 players with JJ, AA and KQ in the hole.

Madness.

Just had a wee go of heads up cash on Full Tilt there. Only $50 left in. Sat down short stacked at $1/2.

About 4th hand in guy raises to $7, I have pocket 8's and decide to shove in. He calls me with A9 off and hits a 9 on the flop and stacks me. I immediately deposited $200 as I was pretty peeved with that. Just sat back in on the same table with $80. About 10 minutes later I was up to $350. Played the guy like a fiddle.

:)

Just had a wee go of heads up cash on Full Tilt there. Only $50 left in. Sat down short stacked at $1/2.

About 4th hand in guy raises to $7, I have pocket 8's and decide to shove in. He calls me with A9 off and hits a 9 on the flop and stacks me. I immediately deposited $200 as I was pretty peeved with that. Just sat back in on the same table with $80. About 10 minutes later I was up to $350. Played the guy like a fiddle.

:)

Try avoid heads up cash as u get reamed for rake at the lower limits, obviously if you find a fish who will defo donate then fire away.

Got raped on Monday there, dealt for the first hour and didn't have one single hand, so after an hour decided to give someone else a shot.

First hand in my new seat, pocket queens. Blinds are 100/200 so raised to 1000, 4 callers :eek: one of the callers was a K 10, moron! I barely call small raises with KQ, nevermind a raise 5 times the big blind with a feckin K 10!

Flop comes K - K - K

Thought I was good to go, especially after I noticed the look of disdain on her face when the flop came down, alas it shall teach me to not be 'hollywooded' I guess.

Got raped on Monday there, dealt for the first hour and didn't have one single hand, so after an hour decided to give someone else a shot.

First hand in my new seat, pocket queens. Blinds are 100/200 so raised to 1000, 4 callers :eek: one of the callers was a K 10, moron! I barely call small raises with KQ, nevermind a raise 5 times the big blind with a feckin K 10!

Flop comes K - K - K

Thought I was good to go, especially after I noticed the look of disdain on her face when the flop came down, alas it shall teach me to not be 'hollywooded' I guess.

Ouch!

I fecking hate poker at the moment. Bad beat after bad beat after bad beat. Chucked away more money since my return from Vegas than I did when I was fecking over there.

The 3rd leg of the Skypoker UK tour is at the Maybury on the 31st of January 2009. Direct buyins are ?50+?5 with ?5000 guarenteed. Although satelites will probally be available on the site nearer the time.

10 seats go to the final, which is in Nottingham in June 2009 with a ?25,000 guarenteed prize pool.

Thats me qualified at the first attempt tonight.

There were some crazy players in the qualifier. Calling re raises with Q5 and A9 and hitting trip Q and 2 pair respectively.

Survived though.

5 seats are going a night. So if any of you are wanting to play it, I would move quickly.

There are not direct buy ins. You have to qualify through sky poker.

Done not bad tonight, was short stacked for pretty much the whole night after being crippled by a 10 high flop when I had Kings, Bill had pocket 10's.

Was eventually put out in 13th by a royal flush :eek: If yer gonna get put out ye might as well get done by one of them!

• 2 weeks later...

Poker is bollox. :P

Pumped in the tournament on Saturday as well. KQ in BB, blinds 800/1600. Guy raises to 3,600, guy calls, I call.

Flop K52.

I check it, original raiser goes all in, other guy folds. I call. He has KJ. Well I don't need to tell you what hit on the river.

Would have been sitting comfortabley on around 40k and lookin like hitting the final table but "thats poker".

Move onto a cash game sit down with 100. Get it up to 350ish playing pretty tight and trying absolutely no moves. Get Kings raise to 16 quid (just 8 times the blind!!) 2 calls. Flop A high and have to fold, guy had A8.

Get Kings again on my last hand (had declared last hand before it started!) and ran into Aces when i had 300 odd quid sitting in front of me. Had to be against one of the few players on the table who could take the lot off me. Worst player ever as well (same guy that beat my kings with A8) and if it hadn't been him i might have been able to fold them as he would be dumb enough to keep raising me with AK QQ or JJ.

Arghhhhhhhh.

Edited by D-McG

Bad night last night (not in monetary terms as I only lost about 50 squids. However the hands I lost with would have you greeting. Pocket As, pocket Ks, AK suited, AJ suited all lost. Won a couple of small hands to keep me interested. Had 6 buy ins!!!!! Built back up a little on the last one. Last hand of the night I pull a 10,7 off suit so decided to cut my losses and cash in my chips. Now, if it was a usual Saturday night and a couple of bottles of finest Margaux had been quaffed I would have decided I might as well either win big or lose the lot in front of me, however not supping at all I folded. 10,10, 7 on the flop. Six of them betting like idiots!!!!!!!! 5 on the turn and they are still all betting. Another 10 on the river. I was frigging raging. I know I did right to fold but it is hands like that when I can vaguely understand a couple of my cohorts (from whom I usually take their money) always looking at the flop.

whats happened this year, isnt the wsop nowmally july/august? why is it soo late this year?

Its on again.... last 2 today... exciting stuff

Barry Greenstine giving tips on the link!

Just watched the ESPN coverage just there, Eastgate got pretty lucky, picked up some big cards at the end to win it. Pretty gutted Demidov didn't win it, he's been on some streak this year.

Well, well, well. Just as I thought my luck was starting to turn I'm just about lost for words as to the hand I just lost. Was up ?400 yesterday which was a very good session.

Anyhow sit down today with ?100 on a 50/1 table (6 handed). Grind about 40 quid of profit up and then get pocket kings in the small blind. Folds to the button who raises to ?7, which is a flipping big raise. I re-raise it to ?20. He calls.

To my disgust the flop comes down AT9. Always a bloody aces when you have Kings eh?

I check, to my surprise he checks behind me! Maybe he doesn't have the ace!

Turn comes down a King!! Hallelujah. I've got him beasted! I bet out ?25 he calls.

River - T

Kings full of tens!

I bet out 35 quid, he shoves all in. I call. He has pocket tens for quads and wins a 260 quid pot.

Sickening.

Well, well, well. Just as I thought my luck was starting to turn I'm just about lost for words as to the hand I just lost. Was up ?400 yesterday which was a very good session.

Anyhow sit down today with ?100 on a 50/1 table (6 handed). Grind about 40 quid of profit up and then get pocket kings in the small blind. Folds to the button who raises to ?7, which is a flipping big raise. I re-raise it to ?20. He calls.

To my disgust the flop comes down AT9. Always a bloody aces when you have Kings eh?

I check, to my surprise he checks behind me! Maybe he doesn't have the ace!

Turn comes down a King!! Hallelujah. I've got him beasted! I bet out ?25 he calls.

River - T

Kings full of tens!

I bet out 35 quid, he shoves all in. I call. He has pocket tens for quads and wins a 260 quid pot.

Sickening.

:sad: Painful, but at least he went with a decnet hand and not pulled something stupid out of nothing.

Decent night last night at the Circus.

Sat down at the cash game with only ?80 and walked away with ?875. I'm not even really sure how to be honest, the funny thing is I probably should have won more. I let people off the hook a couple of times with some big hands.

Still a good nights work though!

Well played D -

I'm thinking of taking it back up again after the two months I've had off!

Don't do it, its a horrible game!

:laugh:

Won last Sunday so more than doubled what I lost.

Saturday night this week though, lost a fortune on one hand. I had AA. 2,6,9 on the flop, bet big, J on the turn, the guy stayed with me, 2 on the river and he is still calling my big bets, he shows a J,2 offsuit. What the hell. There must have been about 400 in the pot. I was raging and don't think I won another hand after that!!!!!! I know I should have put it behind me but I bloody well couldn't. In fact still raging about it.

Sat down with ?50 at cash last night, worked my way up to about ?140, should of had a lot more but got really unlucky at points.

Last hand of the night, boy has raised to ?5 on my big blind, 2 callers. I look down at Aces (Ac, Ah), I re-raise with another ?15 on top, 2 callers. Flop comes 4c, 5c, As. Checked round to me, I bet ?35, 1 caller. Turn is 2c, I bet ?50, he goes all-in over the top of me, I call and he shows me his Q, 6 of clubs for the flush, ****in idiot. Even though that leaves me with a tonne of outs on the river it obviously never comes, and I went on a Hellmuthesque rant at the nugget :P

Got papped out the freezeout wi aces as well, horrible effin' cards!

pot limit Omaha HI this sat at office poker. 1pm Start at circuse.. Last reg at 12.30. ?10 re-buy (2 hour re-buy period)

Might go on Sat night for first time in ages

pot limit Omaha HI this sat at office poker. 1pm Start at circuse.. Last reg at 12.30. ?10 re-buy (2 hour re-buy period)

Might go on Sat night for first time in ages

They'll get sod all people for Omaha HI you'd think...

My god what a horrible game we play.

Yes it is another bad beat story. Playing 25/50p. Sit in for 50. 1 limp before me. I limp with 33. Guy raises it to 2 quid. Other limper calls. I call.

Flop QT3.

After a bit of action I end up shoving and get called for 50 quid by BOTH players. Both who have QT. River T.

150 pot chopped between those 2 for a 2 outer.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK OFF.

Can agree, however playing against idiots does not help. The same guy that metaphorically raped me last week keeping a J2 offsuit did it on Saturday again!!! Me AA, we were playing $1/$2, I went $6, guy next to me raised to $20, he called, I raised to $50 just to see who was serious. Guy next to me folded sensibly, ***** across from me calls. Flop was nothing 4,2 and 9 rainbow. Nothing to worry me, bet $100, he called. Turn was crap, betted big, he called, river was crap, could not see athing that could beat me and he turns over a 4 2 offsuit!!! Who in their right friggingh mind goes that amount preflop with that cr@p???? I ended up winning about $200 so quite happy but this dick has annoyed me. In fact I got my hubby to transfer him to Warri on Monday morning so he won't be playing again!!!!

Can agree, however playing against idiots does not help. The same guy that metaphorically raped me last week

Always the case..

He probably thinks "I can't lose against this player.;.. I'll play anything against him!"

You'll win in the long run.. Don't worry

I have done the last two weeks to be honest and he has gone home skint. He is a Malaysian and gambles as opposed to playing poker, but as I said I had hubby transfer him. Too loud for me as well!!!!!

Walter Payton

I think I was playing against his Irish cousin last night... we were playing 8 handed and he was sitting directly on my right. It was the 2nd level and I had just over my starting stack with about 3600 chips, he was probably just below with about 2800.

I'm on the button and look down at Queens. 2 Limpers then he raises to 300. Because he's limped with some very strange hands (he obviously fancied himself as the next Doyle Brunson as he'd shown 10,2 twice) I want to maximise his pain if he's playing nonsense again so I reraise him to 750- limpers fold and he calls. Flop comes A,3,3. He checks, I bet another 750 (continuation bet representing the A) and he flat calls. Turn comes a J and he shoves- I fold and he turns over A,3. Thoughts? I can't complain how he played after the flop and tbh can't complain about him raising preflop originally (though with 2 limpers I'd have maybe raised to 400) but who calls a reraise with A,3?

3 hands later, there are 3 limpers again (including the Irish guy) and I've got Jacks- I hate Jacks but they surely can't always be bad? I shove for my last 1200, first 2 limpers fold and he calls- turns over 10,7! Flop comes 10,7,7 and I get no help from the turn or river and I'm on my way home...

Can agree, however playing against idiots does not help. The same guy that metaphorically raped me last week keeping a J2 offsuit did it on Saturday again!!! Me AA, we were playing $1/$2, I went $6, guy next to me raised to $20, he called, I raised to $50 just to see who was serious. Guy next to me folded sensibly, ***** across from me calls. Flop was nothing 4,2 and 9 rainbow. Nothing to worry me, bet $100, he called. Turn was crap, betted big, he called, river was crap, could not see athing that could beat me and he turns over a 4 2 offsuit!!! Who in their right friggingh mind goes that amount preflop with that cr@p???? I ended up winning about $200 so quite happy but this dick has annoyed me. In fact I got my hubby to transfer him to Warri on Monday morning so he won't be playing again!!!!

Raising to 50 was too low, should have been raised to 150 or all-in. Action after the flop suggested you were already beat, but you kept pumping it. He can easily hit a set.

A reraise to 150 would have got a call from a maniac with AK, AQ, KK, QQ, JJ, All hands you stand an excellent chance with.

He was never going to fold any hand for 30 quid when theres already nearly 100 in the middle.

You have to learn to low ball your big pair and check the flop. Call down his bets making good money when you win and not lose your stack when he's ahead.