The poker thread...

The Merse

Got ?15 rakeback for the week off Wiillhill, i hadn't played much so not alot back.

Managed to turn that into ?185 yesterday. Now its down at 50 after losing two big races.

I raise with 9c7c. Flop 8cTcQs.

I bet ?4 at the flop seeing as I have an absolute monster draw. I get raised to ?8. I'm not really willing to call this then a big bet on the turn if I miss and there is alot of fold equity, he'd surely fold most hands to an all-in. So I push for ?50 and he calls me with AQ and I miss all my draws. Bit harsh, I was 55% fav to win after he called, and tbh AQ shouldn't really be calling that bet anyway.

I then did a ?50 Double Your money SnG. Donked out on that going into a race unnecessarily with AK suited to QQ. It was too early to race really but I went for a limp re-raise with it and ended up going all in with it and missing.

Bad day all round, I was actually playing really well on the cash up till the 97 club hand.

Seriously thinking about taking a break from it though, I'll win big amounts and lose big amounts and shrug them both off as nothing and the game is frustrating the hell out of me as I know i should be more disciplined.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The Merse

• Era Macaroons

• Bigsmak

• Statto

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm relatively new to poker and just play small risk games on PKR. I probably play the way you guys all hate people to play but it works albeit on a small scale. I've put in $125 and now won $500 so although not much I've not lost any money, just time! :)

Had my best win last night in a ring game ($0.10/$0.25)

Had $35 at the table, and am dealt AcQc - I raise $1.25 and everyone (4 others call)

Flop is 7c4c3h so flush call is on for me

I raise $2, and 3 of the 4 others call

Turn is 6d and so everyone now seems wary that a stray 5 would have the straight so everyone checks

River is a 5c, just what I needed!

Guy in front of me (P1) raises $6, I pretend to be confused for 20 seconds or so until the the countdown starts then go All In. P2 after me calls, other guy folds and it comes back to P1. He says "Damn" then calls :)

Turns out P1 had KcJc so King high flush and P2 had 88 so an 8 high straight. The guy that folded claimed he had 89 so could have got his money too if he hadn't been wise to the obvious flush call.

Anyway, went from $35 to $101 instantly, was good stuff! Small beer compared to what most of you play with but I was chuffed anyway :)

I'm relatively new to poker and just play small risk games on PKR. I probably play the way you guys all hate people to play but it works albeit on a small scale. I've put in $125 and now won $500 so although not much I've not lost any money, just time! :)

Had my best win last night in a ring game ($0.10/$0.25)

Had $35 at the table, and am dealt AcQc - I raise $1.25 and everyone (4 others call)

Flop is 7c4c3h so flush call is on for me

I raise $2, and 3 of the 4 others call

Turn is 6d and so everyone now seems wary that a stray 5 would have the straight so everyone checks

River is a 5c, just what I needed!

Guy in front of me (P1) raises $6, I pretend to be confused for 20 seconds or so until the the countdown starts then go All In. P2 after me calls, other guy folds and it comes back to P1. He says "Damn" then calls :)

Turns out P1 had KcJc so King high flush and P2 had 88 so an 8 high straight. The guy that folded claimed he had 89 so could have got his money too if he hadn't been wise to the obvious flush call.

Anyway, went from $35 to $101 instantly, was good stuff! Small beer compared to what most of you play with but I was chuffed anyway :)

Wins are wins no matter how big or small, something I could do with remembering tbh.

Well done.

Got ?15 rakeback for the week off Wiillhill, i hadn't played much so not alot back.

Managed to turn that into ?185 yesterday. Now its down at 50 after losing two big races.

I raise with 9c7c. Flop 8cTcQs.

I bet ?4 at the flop seeing as I have an absolute monster draw. I get raised to ?8. I'm not really willing to call this then a big bet on the turn if I miss and there is alot of fold equity, he'd surely fold most hands to an all-in. So I push for ?50 and he calls me with AQ and I miss all my draws. Bit harsh, I was 55% fav to win after he called, and tbh AQ shouldn't really be calling that bet anyway.

I then did a ?50 Double Your money SnG. Donked out on that going into a race unnecessarily with AK suited to QQ. It was too early to race really but I went for a limp re-raise with it and ended up going all in with it and missing.

Bad day all round, I was actually playing really well on the cash up till the 97 club hand.

Seriously thinking about taking a break from it though, I'll win big amounts and lose big amounts and shrug them both off as nothing and the game is frustrating the hell out of me as I know i should be more disciplined.

Most times I'd be calling it. The massive all-in is screaming draw - especially at your levels and he probably knows you play a wide range. Top pair, top kicker is good more often than not at those levels against an all-in.

Different story if you are playing at $2-$4 with $1500 stacks perhaps.

Just finished a pokerstars EPT Monte Carlo satellite qualifier, I finished 13th of 78, top 9 went through to the $800 qualifier to go to Monaco:mad:

I had satellited in for $5.50 + $5 add-on a couple of hours earlier into that $109 qualifier. Not too bad and I got $109 for my efforts, 2 hands I played badly though, I had JT suited, there was a raise up to 3,000 (blinds 500/1000) I have 15,000 chips and sitting around 5/6th. The small stack had around 4500 goes all in, I was going to call but didn't. Folding is the right decision but I had a strong feeling to call and you should always follow you instinct. The cards turned over and the initial raiser had TT and the small stack had A5. If I was still in I'd have flopped a flush draw and a gut-shot straight draw, which hit:mad: (9,8,7) then the 6 come which would have gave TT the straight and I (would have) had the nuts, he had about 30,000 chips:mad:.

The hand I went out on, I should have either raised or folded KT, I called, the big blind flopped a straight (6,7), checked it to me and I had hit top pair (flop-8,9,T).

I'm up a bit this year so just need to keep trying to get to the big events.:o

Just finished a pokerstars EPT Monte Carlo satellite qualifier, I finished 13th of 78, top 9 went through to the $800 qualifier to go to Monaco:mad:

I had satellited in for $5.50 + $5 add-on a couple of hours earlier into that $109 qualifier. Not too bad and I got $109 for my efforts, 2 hands I played badly though, I had JT suited, there was a raise up to 3,000 (blinds 500/1000) I have 15,000 chips and sitting around 5/6th. The small stack had around 4500 goes all in, I was going to call but didn't. Folding is the right decision but I had a strong feeling to call and you should always follow you instinct. The cards turned over and the initial raiser had TT and the small stack had A5. If I was still in I'd have flopped a flush draw and a gut-shot straight draw, which hit:mad: (9,8,7) then the 6 come which would have gave TT the straight and I (would have) had the nuts, he had about 30,000 chips:mad:.

The hand I went out on, I should have either raised or folded KT, I called, the big blind flopped a straight (6,7), checked it to me and I had hit top pair (flop-8,9,T).

I'm up a bit this year so just need to keep trying to get to the big events.:o

You definately did the right thing folding the J 10. Your aim is to finish in the top 9, so calling a third of your stack with J10, or even pushing all in against the raise and all in would have been a terrible play.

its all very well following your instincts but not when your instincts are telling you that you need to get lucky to win the hand, and not for that price.

Sounds like your doing good this year though, Its good reading some success stories for a change. keep it up mate :icon14:

Agree with BBJ,

And you are right, never just call with hands late in the tournament pre-flop. Never.. You have to raise or fold. If you bet you can control the hand and in this situation the 6 7 may have folded. This lets you control the play on the flop, no matter what the flop is.

What would you have done if the BB had raised?

Agree with BBJ,

And you are right, never just call with hands late in the tournament pre-flop. Never.. You have to raise or fold. If you bet you can control the hand and in this situation the 6 7 may have folded. This lets you control the play on the flop, no matter what the flop is.

What would you have done if the BB had raised?

Aces under the gun is acceptable on occassion...

:tongue:

Not had a game for weeks. Got withdrawals!!! Not enough people back from festive holidays to get a table for tonight either. Damn I wish they would hurry back.:mad:

Not had a game for weeks. Got withdrawals!!! Not enough people back from festive holidays to get a table for tonight either. Damn I wish they would hurry back.:mad:

Might go tonight..

My wee bro went last week, ?10 rebuy. got 3rd and ?230

I'm playing super turbo SnG's on Full Tilt at the moment... Doing well. Played 6 placed in 4 with 2 wins

This week I plan to satellite into as many big tournaments as I can.

I'm in the ECPT Salzburg rebuy satellite, I won my ticket this evening for a total of ?4.16.:) That's on Wednesday night.

I'm going in for the Irish Open again tonight, a $5.50 rebuy to get me into the satellie, it's the same format as the Salzburg satellite so I know I can qualify. The big satellite is on Tuesday.

I'm in a pokerstars $200,000 gtd tonight, satellited in for $2. It will over-lap the Irish open so I'm going to have it on in the background, folding 80-90% of hands, playing the big hands. I'm not too fussed about it, their is over 15,000 entrants with an hour and half until it starts! The odds are against me and if I was to get into the money, the Irish Open would be done by that time anyway.

On Monday I'm going to try and get into the Sky Primo Semi final, the final is on Friday night, ?25,000 gtd.

On Thursday I'm going for a Sky Five00 Direct to get into the Five00 that night.

If I have anytime between that, a few SNG's to keep the balances ticking over - ?200+ up this year :)

Glad I got the week off:)

I originally put in $50 into PKR and got it matched once I got to 7500 PKR points. I then went on to withdraw $200 from there, leaving myself with $50 each time to play with.

Unfortunately I've gone and wasted the $50 so that's my short lived poker career over as I don't want to get into the habit of putting in more and more to win money back.

I don't think I deserved to lose it all - was possibly the baddest beat I've ever had.

I got dealt AQ

Raised $2

Called by a few others

Flop = A44

Raised $2 again

Called by just 1 guy

Turn = A

Raised $6

Called by other guy

River = Q

Went all in with my $35

Called by other guy

I thought sweet - the money is mine - WRONG

Turns out he has 44 :( What's the chances of that? There was nothing else available that would have beaten me and so I was naturally gutted!

It was all winnings anyway I suppose so nothing really lost. Probably just play freerolls from now on

Unfortunately I've gone and wasted the $50 so that's my short lived poker career over

Look up something called "Bankroll Management" with regards to poker.

You should have been playing the ?10 tables or less and allowing the bad beat like this to not bother you.

Everyone gets bad beats.. The 91.5/8.5 will happen against you at some point.. That's why there is a 10% chance of it.. You play the same hand 100 times.. eg.. You have AA vs A5 and, will lose it about 8 times. Thats poker. That's why you cant have all your eggs in one basket etc..

Good learning experience.. You'll be back. :)

You should have been playing the ?10 tables or less and allowing the bad beat like this to not bother you.

Everyone gets bad beats.. The 91.5/8.5 will happen against you at some point.. That's why there is a 10% chance of it.. You play the same hand 100 times.. eg.. You have AA vs A5 and, will lose it about 8 times. Thats poker. That's why you cant have all your eggs in one basket etc..

I thought i saw you at the poker yesterday, and sayed "Bigsmak?" to some boy thinking it was you, he said "no, but Quite a few people get us mixed up"

I thought i saw you at the poker yesterday, and sayed "Bigsmak?" to some boy thinking it was you, he said "no, but Quite a few people get us mixed up"

Would have been my brother Steven...

He got a 8 way split at the final table.. mental

This week I plan to satellite into as many big tournaments as I can.

I'm in the ECPT Salzburg rebuy satellite, I won my ticket this evening for a total of ?4.16.:) That's on Wednesday night.

I'm going in for the Irish Open again tonight, a $5.50 rebuy to get me into the satellie, it's the same format as the Salzburg satellite so I know I can qualify. The big satellite is on Tuesday.

I'm in a pokerstars $200,000 gtd tonight, satellited in for $2. It will over-lap the Irish open so I'm going to have it on in the background, folding 80-90% of hands, playing the big hands. I'm not too fussed about it, their is over 15,000 entrants with an hour and half until it starts! The odds are against me and if I was to get into the money, the Irish Open would be done by that time anyway.

On Monday I'm going to try and get into the Sky Primo Semi final, the final is on Friday night, ?25,000 gtd.

Played the Irish open satellite tonight, I qualified:), 860 chips I had when the guy got knocked out on the bubble hand and the blinds were 800/1600. I'll be playing Tuesday night now going for the main event in Dublin in April.

The pokerstars tourney I was in was interfering a bit so I called my chips off with rubbish to get it out of the way.:rolleyes:

I also had a go at a Primo satellite on sky, my internet connetion froze during the break when we were heads up with 1 going into the semi final, I got back too late. D'you know what's worse, his name was 67bhoys:mad:. I've played him a while ago in a Bounty Hunter SNG, I knocked him out:laugh:, I ended up eliminting half the field before winning it and picking up about ?50.

Would have been my brother Steven...

He got a 8 way split at the final table.. mental

:eek: ive heard of savers before but thats ridiculous:laugh:

I went out in 12th but never hung around, I was in there at half 12 to play the office poker one aswell so about 13 hours or whatever it was in there was enough for me...though an extra hour to get that 8 way split would have been nice :ahhhhhhh:

I see what you mean, and I do stick to ring games of $0.10/0.25. Initially I went in short stacked with just $5 but found that once that eroded down due to unlucky hands, I would end up being careless with the last few dollars. I found I was more successful playing with $25 at the table and only going in heavy if I knew I definitely had the best hand (e.g. top full house, ace high flush, high end straight). Ths technique usually works but you have to be very cautious.

Certainly wouldn't have expected the guy to have 4 of a kind given it's a 1 in 3000 chance hand and straight from the flop must be even less chance. In this case, I was pretty certain I must have had the best hand but unfortunately not.

I also had a go at a Primo satellite on sky, my internet connetion froze during the break when we were heads up with 1 going into the semi final, I got back too late. D'you know what's worse, his name was 67bhoys:mad:. I've played him a while ago in a Bounty Hunter SNG, I knocked him out:laugh:, I ended up eliminting half the field before winning it and picking up about ?50.

I had a look this afternoon and I'm in the Primo Semi.:eek:

There was a problem with the payouts last night, it said 0 places paid, 67Bhoys was saying it's happened to him before and you have to phone up. He must have either phoned at the break and skypoker have put both of us in or explained my disconnection story and they've took sympathy for me:)

He's alright that 67Bhoys:o

Era Macaroons
Couple of spots available in the home game tomorrow night- if you're interested, drop me a PM.

Cheers for hosting game

Although ill have to spill the beans on the biggest suck out ive ever seen!!

3 handed

Clum sitting with KK

Myself sitting with AA

Clum all in and of course I call to his disappointment at seeing my hand....flop ....rag Ace rag.Im further ahead.

Excellent....hes a gonner.......turn K, river K.... and look at each other stunned!

Clum survives (for a wee bit longer :tongue:)

Walter Payton
Cheers for hosting game

3 handed

Clum sitting with KK

Myself sitting with AA

Clum all in and of course I call to his disappointment at seeing my hand....flop ....rag Ace rag.Im further ahead.

Excellent....hes a gonner.......turn K, river K.... and look at each other stunned!

No worries!

There were some brutal beats on Friday night (you and I got Jonny a cracker when we sucked out and hit the higher straight to split the pot!) but it was a good laugh!

Crazy thing is, that was the second of 3 times I hit the quads over the weekend- first time (which Graeme saw) I had a pair of 6s under the gun and limped and the button puts in standard raise which I call (everyone else has folded).

Flop comes 10,6,6! I check and the button puts in about a 40% of the pot bet, which I flat call. Turn comes the Ace, and I deliberately let out my breath (but not too obviously!) as if that was a card I really didn't want to see- I check, Button bets pot size and again (after taking some time to decide) I flat call. River comes an 8 and the Button moves all-in with no hesitation, so I equally as fast call! Button's pretty gutted to be losing with Aces full...

Era's already discussed the second time (I didn't have enough BBs left to get away from Kings preflop) which was beautiful, even though I always prefer to get my chips in when I'm ahead rather than being behind!

Third time (online on Sunday night in a tournament I went on to win) I raised with A,K from middle position and the Big Blind flat called. Flop comes A,A,A! Big Blind bets about 40% of the pot and I raise him about 2.5 times his bet (3 hands before against him I slowplayed top set and I figured he was good enough to remember and think that I don't bet with the absolute nuts- I know there was a chance he'd fold but he was a solid player who I was pretty confident would only be playing with a hand that only looks more attractive when there's a set on the board). He flat calls.

Turn is a K- he checks, I bet about 40% of the pot and he moves all in (I've got him covered, just). I call (obviously!) and he had K,K preflop! Hard one to get away from, the argument could be that he should have reraised me preflop but because I had him down as a solid player I'd have just called him then rather than reraise again, so the end result would have been the same. Think I've used up all my luck though for this month, I was playing live last night and had my money in with A,10 against J,10 on a 10 high board (I also had the Nut flush draw meaning he only had 2 outs) only for him to hit his J on the river. Guess Era would say I had it coming to me...

Made the final table last night and don't think I've ever been so unlucky in all my life with some of those hands.

First hand at the table, am sitting in the big blind - blinds 800/1600 - first to act limps (Stevie NG). Raised to 5000, comes round to me, I've got pocket aces, I go all-in for 18000, Stevie then does a snap all-in for his 14000, goes back to the original raise of 5000, and she calls. She turns over pocket 7's, and me and Stevie both turn over pocket aces, thankfully we both got a split.

Few hands later, we're down to 7 people, blinds 1500/3000. Some idiot in early position just goes flat all-in for 30000, nae raise nothing, I have AQ suited, I weighed it up and came to the conclusion that if he had a bigger hand than me he'd be looking to get paid off so would of done a proper raise and not just 'all-in' - and at worst we'd be racing - so I called, he turns over AJ, bingos a J on the river. BTW, the next hand, exact same situation except for a different guy, he just goes flat all-in for 25000 with AJ, I called with AQ, thankfully it held up however I only had about 6000 chips left. So if both of those hands had went in my favour I'd of been sitting with a massive chip lead with 5 folk left.

Down to 5 left and I'd managed to build myself up to about 25,000 chips - in blig blind - old Bill who is on the button then goes all-in for about 20,000. I wake up with pocket queens, so I call. He turns over Q 10 of clubs, hits a flush on the turn. I'd had enough after that and went all-in the next hand with K9, called by two people with aces and I never hit.

Ah well, always next week.

Made the final table last night and don't think I've ever been so unlucky in all my life with some of those hands.

First hand at the table, am sitting in the big blind - blinds 800/1600 - first to act limps (Stevie NG). Raised to 5000, comes round to me, I've got pocket aces, I go all-in for 18000, Stevie then does a snap all-in for his 14000, goes back to the original raise of 5000, and she calls. She turns over pocket 7's, and me and Stevie both turn over pocket aces, thankfully we both got a split.

Few hands later, we're down to 7 people, blinds 1500/3000. Some idiot in early position just goes flat all-in for 30000, nae raise nothing, I have AQ suited, I weighed it up and came to the conclusion that if he had a bigger hand than me he'd be looking to get paid off so would of done a proper raise and not just 'all-in' - and at worst we'd be racing - so I called, he turns over AJ, bingos a J on the river. BTW, the next hand, exact same situation except for a different guy, he just goes flat all-in for 25000 with AJ, I called with AQ, thankfully it held up however I only had about 6000 chips left. So if both of those hands had went in my favour I'd of been sitting with a massive chip lead with 5 folk left.

Down to 5 left and I'd managed to build myself up to about 25,000 chips - in blig blind - old Bill who is on the button then goes all-in for about 20,000. I wake up with pocket queens, so I call. He turns over Q 10 of clubs, hits a flush on the turn. I'd had enough after that and went all-in the next hand with K9, called by two people with aces and I never hit.

Ah well, always next week.

I would have done the same thing with 10times BB. It would have been that or fold for me with AJ in first position.

Tough run of cards there though man. Especially the Q 10 vs QQ at the end.

Cheers for hosting game

3 handed

Clum sitting with KK

Myself sitting with AA

Home game poker is Rigged!

nooooo

Seriously getting more hacked off by the day with poker. I'm just getting raped whatever I do.

Managed to get ?100 up earlier playing some pretty good stuff.

Since then I've had Kings bust 3 fecking times and I'm back to square one.

First time me with KK lost to Q9 making trip 9's.

Then to Q7 hitting 2 pair.

Then to QQ hitting a flush after me hitting a set.

Seriously want to just jack it in.

Era Macaroons
No worries!

There were some brutal beats on Friday night (you and I got Jonny a cracker when we sucked out and hit the higher straight to split the pot!) but it was a good laugh!

Crazy thing is, that was the second of 3 times I hit the quads over the weekend- first time (which Graeme saw) I had a pair of 6s under the gun and limped and the button puts in standard raise which I call (everyone else has folded).

Flop comes 10,6,6! I check and the button puts in about a 40% of the pot bet, which I flat call. Turn comes the Ace, and I deliberately let out my breath (but not too obviously!) as if that was a card I really didn't want to see- I check, Button bets pot size and again (after taking some time to decide) I flat call. River comes an 8 and the Button moves all-in with no hesitation, so I equally as fast call! Button's pretty gutted to be losing with Aces full...

Era's already discussed the second time (I didn't have enough BBs left to get away from Kings preflop) which was beautiful, even though I always prefer to get my chips in when I'm ahead rather than being behind!

Third time (online on Sunday night in a tournament I went on to win) I raised with A,K from middle position and the Big Blind flat called. Flop comes A,A,A! Big Blind bets about 40% of the pot and I raise him about 2.5 times his bet (3 hands before against him I slowplayed top set and I figured he was good enough to remember and think that I don't bet with the absolute nuts- I know there was a chance he'd fold but he was a solid player who I was pretty confident would only be playing with a hand that only looks more attractive when there's a set on the board). He flat calls.

Turn is a K- he checks, I bet about 40% of the pot and he moves all in (I've got him covered, just). I call (obviously!) and he had K,K preflop! Hard one to get away from, the argument could be that he should have reraised me preflop but because I had him down as a solid player I'd have just called him then rather than reraise again, so the end result would have been the same. Think I've used up all my luck though for this month, I was playing live last night and had my money in with A,10 against J,10 on a 10 high board (I also had the Nut flush draw meaning he only had 2 outs) only for him to hit his J on the river. Guess Era would say I had it coming to me...

an oscar winning 'disappointment' at the Ace coming on turn...lol.

hope jonny managed to get over losing the first game....took him a while to get over it! with you being the main culprit at 'convicing me' to call :rolleyes: , I was always going to but was stalling for info off him. Good larf.

I've been playing disappointing poker this week, For a couple of days I wasn't hitting any flops, losing most 50/50's, bubbling in the Primo Semi, failing in the 2 big tourney's was in. That affected my play for the next few games I had because I didn't want to raise pots because I had no confidence at all in any hand I played, which also let others in cheaply which further decreased my chances of winning the hand because I wasn't against more cards.

However, today I decided I have nothing to lose, I'm going for it, I entered the sky Five00 Direct, I was down to 2.5 BB, 8th of 8, 4 qualifying, I made a few bold moves, all-in on the SB with 8 2, called by 6 4 (???) my 8 high held up:tongue: I managed to put my chips in when it mattered, fold when I sensed I should do so, almost back to my best, I qualified:laugh:

I'm in tonights game at 9pm, I'm going in with the same attitude, get my chips in early, attack opponents, the blind structure is quick so the is no room for complacency, you can never have enough chips until you have won it.

Just withdrawn $380 dollars from my PKR account and bought myself an X-Box 360 :D

60gig x-box 360, 2 wireless contollers, pro ev 09, GTA4, Call Of Duty 4 and a headset and some random stuff for ?190 :D

Played a $30 MTT on Mansion last night.

270 players.

$2,400 for first.

Top 30 paid.

Finished...........

31st.

GOD I know that feeling.

I really really do

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

I came 2nd in the Sky Poker free roll yesterday! :D

Only 3 quid but I'm ready to move onto the next level now. What do you boys recommend? Just playing small money sit and go tournies?

I've been playing disappointing poker this week, For a couple of days I wasn't hitting any flops, losing most 50/50's, bubbling in the Primo Semi, failing in the 2 big tourney's was in. That affected my play for the next few games I had because I didn't want to raise pots because I had no confidence at all in any hand I played, which also let others in cheaply which further decreased my chances of winning the hand because I wasn't against more cards.

However, today I decided I have nothing to lose, I'm going for it, I entered the sky Five00 Direct, I was down to 2.5 BB, 8th of 8, 4 qualifying, I made a few bold moves, all-in on the SB with 8 2, called by 6 4 (???) my 8 high held up:tongue: I managed to put my chips in when it mattered, fold when I sensed I should do so, almost back to my best, I qualified:laugh:

I'm in tonights game at 9pm, I'm going in with the same attitude, get my chips in early, attack opponents, the blind structure is quick so the is no room for complacency, you can never have enough chips until you have won it.

I just reg'd for the tourney.

See you at the final table.

:laugh:

Shock horror I lose a 80/20 in my favour for about the 10th time in a row.

Shove with JJ, called by 99. 9 on turn and good night.

Just knocked out 5 minutes ago, I made an @r$e of it, AQ under the gun, blinds are 200/400, I min raise to 800, I have 3200, folded round to the SB who re-min-raises then the BB/wee stack re-raises another 200 on top of that, I flat call leaving myself about 1400, so does the SB.

-I am deeply regretting not pushing all in after the BB pushed all in, not to get rid of the SB but so the cards were on their backs-

Anyway, the flop has a blank and two 9's. The SB pushes, I folded:mad: He turns over AJ!!! The BB had A4 and was knocked out. If I was on top of my game I'd have pushed pre-flop, I'm just lacking that killer sharpness I had last week.

I finally busted out with a KJ against A2 and 33.

I've just entered the Velocity ?1250 gtd, there will be no holding back, the blinds are more than twice as quick as the Five00 so I'll be involved in a few races, hope the luck is with me.:)

Finished 146th, had AQ, pushed all-in, called with QJ of spades, flopped a flush:mad:.

The very next hand I had A6 of diamonds on the button, I pushed (3x Blinds) the BB called with J8 of hearts, hit his J:mad:

Lost 2 races, the first (after consulting a poker odds calculator website:)) was 67.62% - 30.96 (tie 1.42%), the second was 55.91% - 43.65 (tie 0.44%).

But I suppose you can only put your chips in when ahead:mw_rolleyes:

Also, I've been testing out a few hands, did you know, a 2 7 off-suit is a 30.45% chance against A K suited, handy to know;

http://www.cardplayer.com/poker_odds/texas_holdem

Cheers for hosting game

3 handed

Clum sitting with KK

Myself sitting with AA

He was an 0.1% chance on the flop, 1000/1:eek:. On the turn a 2.27% chance, 43/1.

That was a bad one, it's up there with a hand on youtube from pokerstars first hand in a heads up match, AhQh v KK, it's raised up a bit pre-flop. The flop is KK (one heart) and a blank. AQ bluffs all-in, KK instant calls with quads, turn and river JhTh to give the AQ a royal flush.:laugh:

Alright guys. Not long discovered the whlole poker- been doing a bit of reading, playing small buy in tournaments on Pokerstars and so on. Playing my first live event at the Circus tonight (?10 w. Rebuys), and you lot seem pretty clued up on the whole thing. What is the quality of the players on show and what would be a good base strategy to go in with?

Alright guys. Not long discovered the whlole poker- been doing a bit of reading, playing small buy in tournaments on Pokerstars and so on. Playing my first live event at the Circus tonight (?10 w. Rebuys), and you lot seem pretty clued up on the whole thing. What is the quality of the players on show and what would be a good base strategy to go in with?

1 - Know before you go how much you want to spend. you need ?10 for the buy in (+?1 for registration, and ?1 for the royal flush jackpot - optional). At the end of the re-buy period there is a double chance top-up, where you get 2 buy in's for the price of 1. Personally, I budget for about ?40-?50 thats 2 or 3 re-buys. However my biggest win of ?1900 was with no re-buys or add ons.

2 - Don't play the first hand, even if you have AK. just don't as half the table are desperate to play it.

3 - Size up the table and try and understand what is going on, some will be trying to double up all the time and will re-buy without thinking about it. Others will be tight and not losing their ?10. Work out who is who and it will help you decide what to play with.

4 - Do not try to bluff at all in the first 40 mins. People will call everything.

5 - Have fun,

6 - Dont play cards like K 5 because they are suited.

Quality of players on show?

Some terrible, really really terrible players who play 5 times a week. D-McG will tell you who they are....

Some very good players as well, a few really aggressive Chinese for a start.

Let us know how you got on.

I will do mate, thanks for your help. Might have guessed there would be a Chinese army, armed with endless bundles of notes. Should be fun though. Any more input would be greatly appreciated lads....

Era Macaroons
Played a $30 MTT on Mansion last night.

270 players.

$2,400 for first.

Top 30 paid.

Finished...........

31st.

nowt worse

Era Macaroons
I came 2nd in the Sky Poker free roll yesterday! :D

Only 3 quid but I'm ready to move onto the next level now. What do you boys recommend? Just playing small money sit and go tournies?

your now ready for the $10/$20 cash tables on hills, free money, gl.

Era Macaroons
He was an 0.1% chance on the flop, 1000/1:eek:. On the turn a 2.27% chance, 43/1.

That was a bad one, it's up there with a hand on youtube from pokerstars first hand in a heads up match, AhQh v KK, it's raised up a bit pre-flop. The flop is KK (one heart) and a blank. AQ bluffs all-in, KK instant calls with quads, turn and river JhTh to give the AQ a royal flush.:laugh:

1000/1 !!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek::eek::eek: even worse than i thought it was!

Walter Payton
1000/1 !!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek::eek::eek: even worse than i thought it was!

That's poker :laugh::tongue:

Couple of spots available in tonights home game, drop me a PM if you're interested. I'll try and ensure no similar beats happen tonight but I can't promise anything!

Just qualified moments ago for the sky poker Primo -?25,000 gtd prize pool:)

Anyone else in?

Sorry if I'm being daft but what's that?

Sorry if I'm being daft but what's that?

The "Primo" is the name of the biggest tournament on sky poker, which is also broadcast on skysports once a month.

The "Primo" is the name of the biggest tournament on sky poker, which is also broadcast on skysports once a month.

How many folk are in it? 25k prize pool?!