(Yams) Financial Meltdown- UBIG shares remain frozen/Transfer ban remains (The Highlight Reel)

Gregory House M.D.

251 members have voted

1. 1. What's your preferred outcome from the financial problems over at Yam land?

• I get scammed for a pretend Lithuanians inside scoop
    • I make an arse of myself kidding on I'm in the know
    • I end up a figure of ridicule on JKB
    • I see my hopes and dreams slowly fade into the distance

Faustino Asprilla

Not all his fault the banking crisis and global recession was what caused Romanovs downfall.

As for outspending everyone else how do you know we won't? We will have NO debt I repeat NO debt unlike Aberdeen and you lot who are carrying huge debts.

Your situation is not too dissimilar to what ours was in that one man is servicing your debt and bankrolling you. He pops his clogs or suffers a financial crisis its bye bye Hibs, and let's face it there isn't enough of you attend games to fund raise enough for a ten quid bag of skag let alone keep your shitty wee team going.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

:lol: good to see your not bothered.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Alwaysinourshadows

That's nice guesswork I suppose. After Romanov there will be no big wages, no outspending everyone else which will shock many hearts fans who have never known anything less.

Would you considering administration and the impeding relegation as part of the Romanov era? After all it is his fault.

We'll outspend your pishy wee club once we are back in the SPL. We have a bigger support than anyone outside the old firm so please explain why we wont outspend hibs?

Faustino Asprilla

We'll outspend your pishy wee club once we are back in the SPL. We have a bigger support than anyone outside the old firm so please explain why we wont outspend hibs?

You may outspend, not massively and not by much. Not like you have done the past 20 years.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

That's nice guesswork I suppose. After Romanov there will be no big wages, no outspending everyone else which will shock many hearts fans who have never known anything less.

Would you considering administration and the impeding relegation as part of the Romanov era? After all it is his fault.

We have utterly ran away with the Edinburgh derby before, during and after Romanov. I don't expect that to change. I'll let someone else post the stats but we are so far ahead it's staggering.

Romanov inherited a club massively in debt. He saved us from selling Tynecastle and oversaw a very successful period in our history.

We only have a club for Ann Budge and the fans to save now, because of his intervention.

Gregory House M.D.

You may outspend, not massively and not by much. Not like you have done the past 20 years.

Lies. We barely outspent Hibs up until 2001/2002 and that's only because the arse fell out of it for you when you blew millions to win the first division. :rofl:

No hibs fan will be spewing at hearts getting relegated. Trust me on that one.

Would you class Petrie as a Hibs fan?

He will be truly gutted make no mistake.

:lol: good to see your not bothered.

Correct. Why would I be bothered?

I've seen 3 Scottish cups 2 in Romanovs time, and seen us spanking your pishy mob twice in the cup one being the biggest derby ever between us. I wouldn't swap that for anything.

Well be back bigger and better and debt FREE

Faustino Asprilla

Lies. We barely outspent Hibs up until 2001/2002 and that's only because the arse fell out of it for you when you blew millions to win the first division. :rofl:

Lies. Hearts spent millions more under Robinson from about 1997.

Alwaysinourshadows

:lol: Another poor deluded soul I see. Use will be cutting what use spend due to the shite crowds and the fact that we wont be in the spl next year. tick tock...

Faustino Asprilla

Correct. Why would I be bothered?

I've seen 3 Scottish cups 2 in Romanovs time, and seen us spanking your pishy mob twice in the cup one being the biggest derby ever between us. I wouldn't swap that for anything.

Well be back bigger and better and debt FREE

Perhaps you can have an open bus with a balance sheet. You won't be debt free for 5 years either.

Perhaps you can have an open bus with a balance sheet. You won't be debt free for 5 years either.

We would if we could get that open top bus for balance sheets off you lot.

Gregory House M.D.

Absolute shite :rofl:

From 97-99 maybe.

Stop trying to airbrush history champ, you don't become near insolvent twice in 11 years by being financially shrewd. You were spendimg millions you couldn't afford, as was everybody. Deal with it.

Faustino Asprilla

We would if we could get that open top bus for balance sheets off you lot.

Can borrow it if you like mate. Tick tock and all that :)

I'm sorry, but you've just pulled that out of your arse.

1994, McLean lasted one season. Spent the entire length of it moaning that there was no cash to spend. Then Jefferies took over and signed nothing but freebies/swap deals. Levein came in and we had to cut wages every single season he was in charge until Romanov came in. 10 year, aye. Twenty, naw.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

McLeish spent way over what Hibs could afford to get you promoted. Cheating apparently, according to most Hibs supporters logic. :unsure:

Faustino Asprilla

Absolute shite :rofl:

From 97-99 maybe.

Stop trying to airbrush history champ, you don't become near insolvent twice in 11 years by being financially shrewd. You were spendimg millions you couldn't afford, as was everybody. Deal with it.

You say shite then you say from 1997? :)

We did overspend, cut back, sold the players, built the ground and got back on an even keel with no relegation or worries over what could be. For that I'm proud of the club.

Just like hearts fans should be massively proud of getting the club where it is today.

I'm out this tit for tat argument anyway. Do you want blood mate? The sun is shining and good football on the telly mate grab a beer :)

Faustino Asprilla

McLeish spent way over what Hibs could afford to get you promoted. Cheating apparently, according to most Hibs supporters logic. :unsure:

Yep, and we sure did pay the price mate.

Grade-A nonsense.

Our cup win in 1998 was made primarily of freebies and youth talent. The only time under Robinson that transfer money was spent was in about 2001 when the SMG money was spent on Petric, Tomaschek and Niemi - fees we more-than-reclaimed on selling Niemi alone.

Faustino Asprilla

I'm sorry, but you've just pulled that out of your arse.

1994, McLean lasted one season. Spent the entire length of it moaning that there was no cash to spend. Then Jefferies took over and signed nothing but freebies/swap deals. Levein came in and we had to cut wages every single season he was in charge until Romanov came in. 10 year, aye. Twenty, naw.

I thought JJ bought the likes of Cameron and McCann as well as spending big on the likes of Adam then spunk money on Gordan Petric and Fitzroy Simpson?

Levein came in and cut wages down to the overspending that presided him if I remember correct? Leading to the sale of Tynie?

Faustino Asprilla

Grade-A nonsense.

Our cup win in 1998 was made primarily of freebies and youth talent. The only time under Robinson that transfer money was spent was in about 2001 when the SMG money was spent on Petric, Tomaschek and Niemi - fees we more-than-reclaimed on selling Niemi alone.

How did the club get themselves in ?20m debt then leading to the sale of the ground?

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Yep, and we sure did pay the price mate.

So we agree that both clubs have overspent? Now that we agree on that. Our derby record is miles out in front and that is over the entire course of our histories, not a brief anomaly of some cheating two decades trotted out by fans who struggle to accept losing.

Gregory House M.D.

You say shite then you say from 1997? :)

We did overspend, cut back, sold the players, built the ground and got back on an even keel with no relegation or worries over what could be. For that I'm proud of the club.

Just like hearts fans should be massively proud of getting the club where it is today.

I'm out this tit for tat argument anyway. Do you want blood mate? The sun is shining and good football on the telly mate grab a beer :)

Don't want blood at all. Just want you to keep your ill-educated hibs.net nonsense in line.

Geoff Kilpatrick

How did the club get themselves in ?20m debt then leading to the sale of the ground?

Do you want a blow-by-blow account?

We had to rebuild a ground, we had been losing money under Mercer, we received a decent injection when we floated on the Stock Exchange and then we pissed the SMG money up the wall. We then borrowed to help finance the construction of Riccarton. Pieman had got us into a debt spiral which needed a white knight figure to get us out of.

That is why Vladimir Romanov will always be, on balance, hailed by fans of Heart of Midlothian.

Got in a taxi to a mates flat off Easter road last night and the driver couldn't wait to tell me he was a hibby and attempted to gloat when I said I was a Jambo.

He then trotted out some fantastical .net pish about still being far from safe and shares being tied up in Lithuania.

I just sat there with my Christian Bale face on. Straw clutching ****.

Do you want a blow-by-blow account?

We had to rebuild a ground, we had been losing money under Mercer, we received a decent injection when we floated on the Stock Exchange and then we pissed the SMG money up the wall. We then borrowed to help finance the construction of Riccarton. Pieman had got us into a debt spiral which needed a white knight figure to get us out of.

That is why Vladimir Romanov will always be, on balance, hailed by fans of Heart of Midlothian.

I believe half the SMG money was used for Riccarton.

I thought JJ bought the likes of Cameron and McCann as well as spending big on the likes of Adam then spunk money on Gordan Petric and Fitzroy Simpson?

Levein came in and cut wages down to the overspending that presided him if I remember correct? Leading to the sale of Tynie?

Cameron was a swap for John Millar and cash - ?400,000 in total of which half was Millar. I'm willing to bet several teams spent ?200k on a player that season. McCann was bought for peanuts before he became a Bosman. Adam was, given a choice between Hearts and hibs and signed for us, so I assume hibs were able to stay within the same planet wage wise. Petric and Simpson, as have been explained above were the only time we spunked "serious" cash, which was all recouped.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Cameron was a swap for John Millar and cash - ?400,000 in total of which half was Millar. I'm willing to bet several teams spent ?200k on a player that season. McCann was bought for peanuts before he became a Bosman. Adam was, given a choice between Hearts and hibs and signed for us, so I assume hibs were able to stay within the same planet wage wise. Petric and Simpson, as have been explained above were the only time we spunked "serious" cash, which was all recouped.

It was around this time that John O'Neil was offered to ourselves and the vermin. He signed for the vermin for 6k a week! That was the wage inflation in the game at that time.

It was around this time that John O'Neil was offered to ourselves and the vermin. He signed for the vermin for 6k a week! That was the wage inflation in the game at that time.

How did that end up again?

:)

The only thing that saved Hibs from our situation during the days of overspending by most clubs (a knock-on effect of Murray's shenanigans at the huns) was the sale of their car park for millions.

kingantti1874

The only thing that saved Hibs from our situation during the days of overspending by most clubs (a knock-on effect of Murray's shenanigans at the huns) was the sale of their car park for millions.

In other words luck...

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Hibs fans might want us relegated but I can guarantee Petrie will be dreading it.

Such a shitty little club that our crowds in div 1 will exceed theirs in the SPL. No marks

Just had a look on fibs.net and the shares are still frozen, and will remain frozen for a couple of years yet, just like Portsmouth who were in fact liquidated, hence the reason the shares are still liquidated.

We are desperate to get them thawed though to get us out of admin, as we will be getting docked 15 points if we are not out by the start of next season.

Looks like we are doomed.

kingantti1874

I think a lot of people are going to get a shock in the future, I expect us to come out of this stronger than we have been at any point since the late 80's...

By that I don't mean we will see a return to 05/06 like team , but a debt free hearts who have the biggest outcome outside of Glasgow by a fair margin, add in tax free fan subsidies and no debt and interest repayment and we will have a significant advantage over the rest of the league... The one hurdle we will need to cross in the medium term is the main stand. A bigger stand with minimal running costs and improved hospitality opportunities would be an enormous boost..

Would try and get rail seats in myself

Just had a look on fibs.net and the shares are still frozen, and will remain frozen for a couple of years yet, just like Portsmouth who were in fact liquidated, hence the reason the shares are still liquidated.

We are desperate to get them thawed though to get us out of admin, as we will be getting docked 15 points if we are not out by the start of next season.

Looks like we are doomed.

Oh well, that's that then.

:sob:

No hibs fan will be spewing at hearts getting relegated. Trust me on that one.

Of course not. However, come New Years Day you will all be spewing when all you have to look forward to is a big Derby match against Falkirk.

I laughed when Hibs went down, but playing Dunfermline at New Year brought home how much I missed the derbies.

The great guru known as dashing bob s is spouting of over there now about the frozen shares and has whipped the un washed into a frenzy of hope again.

Staggering they still haven't figured out its only them talking about frozen shares. Not one single person is asking why this seemingly crucial fact is not being widely reported.

Baj the raj comes out with this one.

Of course, Hearts fans will mock the talk of the frozen shares and deny that such a thing exists. Watch their faces when you ask them to explain why Mrs Budge doesn't have the shares already though winky.gif

Maybe it has something top do with not actually being out of administration yet Baj ya raj?

Guest Bilel Mohsni

See regarding the Portsmouth shares? As liquidation was considered the best path for them, did anyone even bother attempting to have the shares unfrozen? Maybe they did, I don't know. However over on Sergey's Pecker pics for a tenner.net, they seem to have put all their hopes and belief in to our case being identical that of Portsmouth, without knowing any real details whatsoever.

See regarding the Portsmouth shares? As liquidation was considered the best path for them, did anyone even bother attempting to have the shares unfrozen? Maybe they did, I don't know. However over on Sergey's Pecker pics for a tenner.net, they seem to have put all their hopes and belief in to our case being identical that of Portsmouth, without knowing any real details whatsoever.

Exactly, why would they need to get the shares 'unfrozen' if the team went into liquidation? They are a newco so I doubt they could lay claim to the shares of a company that is now defunct.

Hibs fans might want us relegated but I can guarantee Petrie will be dreading it.

At 240k a year on the hoof ball man plus his back room staff, too right Petrie can't afford to be without us.

...a bit disco

A bunch of total melts spraffing shite about frozen shares?

Oh, the irony.

A deal has been done - that is pretty clear. The detail of the transfer of shares and the move out of administration allow any sort of hopeful scenarios from the Hibees the obvious one being delays in Lithuania. Until we see scarves above heads we will not be sure and I'm happy to wait for that. But its at least 99% certain to go ahead by the looks of it so tough luck to any hopeful Hibees. Then its all pretty much good news for us.

I take it the Hobbits know that Birch and Jackson dealt with the Portsmouth Administration so therefore may know a thing or two about "frozun shayurs"...?

MacDonald Jardine
I take it the Hobbits know that Birch and Jackson dealt with the Portsmouth Administration so therefore may know a thing or two about "frozun shayurs"...?

Yes but they know better!

It's actually astounding that the "establishment team" know so little about corporate finance while the warrior poets are experts.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4

Archived