Rangers and the UEFA cup!

Eggo

The Comedian

It's not all bad, they did get to sing rule britania in england, i bet to a man they got a wee twinge in the bawz...

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mr Quagmire
I think I counted one St Andrew's flag.

its a shame really, i wonder why they are so proud to fly the union jack ?

hmmmm. :rolleyes:

strokers, the lot of them.

Hate vlad but come on he must have some russian connections. We'd take a few players if they were anything near the standard of the ruskies on show tonight.

Spot on. They made no attempt to win it until they had lost it.

AT least HMFC would have had a right go. No wait. What?!

Auld Reekin'
I,m really sorry........

...That Zenit didn,t score 5 or 6!

:flagwave:

Reckon they would have done if Poguemahoneyakent (or whatever his name was - their centre-forward who peshed all over Bayern) had been playing. :)

Na zdrovya!

:toasting::booze::food-smiley-004::beer::D

boabyarsebiscuit
Spot on. They made no attempt to win it until they had lost it.

AT least HMFC would have had a right go. No wait. What?!

No way Hearts would play with just one striker in a must win game. Like a UEFA Cup Final. Or a bottom 6 game with Kilmarnock.

Flagboy applauds the defeat of anti-football in Manchester tonight while slavishly applauding everything anti-football guru Vladimir Romanov does. Hilarious.

The Baldmans Comb

A victory for football for which I am very grateful.

Well done Zenit and congratulations to all concerned.

Think everyones got the old maroon tinted glasses on. Rangers starting 11 cost about 4/5 million? Whilst Zenits splashed over 12million on their captain alone. You can only play to your strengths. If you dont have enough quality to outplay opponents then thats when you do anything to get the win.

Unlucky to Rangers but Zenit deserved it overall

No way Hearts would play with just one striker in a must win game. Like a UEFA Cup Final. Or a bottom 6 game with Kilmarnock.

Flagboy applauds the defeat of anti-football in Manchester tonight while slavishly applauding everything anti-football guru Vladimir Romanov does. Hilarious.

Sounds like a tremendous film, most likely starring Adam Sandler :)

CornhillHearts

The best team won no doubt but cannot be bothered with this bulls**t, like our teams Brazil, lets hope the Rangers fans party all over the sputniks.

boabyarsebiscuit
Please keep this thread on topic, thanks.

The thread title is "Congrats football". You worship a mad fud who runs our football club as if his objective was to do the opposite of all that makes for successful football.

So why "Congrats football" tonight? When you so obviously love the "anti football" of the Romanovs?

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC
Think everyones got the old maroon tinted glasses on. Rangers starting 11 cost about 4/5 million? Whilst Zenits splashed over 12million on their captain alone. You can only play to your strengths. If you dont have enough quality to outplay opponents then thats when you do anything to get the win.

Unlucky to Rangers but Zenit deserved it overall

Thomson - 2.5 million

Whittaker - 2 million

Barry Crab Ferguson - 4 million (?)

Cueller - 2.6 million

That's just off the top of my head.

kingantti1874

big screen failed in city! Rumours of muchos fighting.....it gets funnier! Scrot bags deserve all the pain they get

Only a Game

Chelsea meekly surrender the title to the famous Manchester United.

Pressley gets a rapturous reception at Tynecastle and his assertion that the vast majority of Hearts fans hate him is blown completely out of the water.

His favourite team flop in the UEFA cup final.

Not been a great month so far to be Therapist, or one of his ilk.

Still to look forward to.

His favourite team blow the title.

Chelsea get skelped oot the park in the CL final against the famous Manchester United.

His favourite team get a red face against QOS.

Malinga the Swinga

Like Kirk Broadfoot, I too was in tears at the end,

tears of laughter. Get it right up you excuse for a footballer.

JamboRossi79
blah blah Romanov blah blah

Once again, please keep the thread on topic, thanks.

Spellczech

At least Chelsea have taken to playing 2 up since Grant took over. Wouldn?t have fancied next week?s game either if Chelsea were likely to play 4-5-1...

I hate 4-5-1 with a passion whoever plays it. It is not a system for the the neutral or the purist. Looking back at Rangers in Europe it has been a chore. I remember their run in the first Champions League - they weren?t a great team then either but at least with McCoist and Hateley they had a go...

Thomson - 2.5 million

Whittaker - 2 million

Barry Crab Ferguson - 4 million (?)

Cueller - 2.6 million

That's just off the top of my head.

Ok sorry, so Rangers 4 most expensive players costs the same as Zenits captain... Im not a Rangers fan, just stating i think they have done well to acheive what they have.

boabyarsebiscuit
At least Chelsea have taken to playing 2 up since Grant took over. Wouldn?t have fancied next week?s game either if Chelsea were likely to play 4-5-1...

I hate 4-5-1 with a passion whoever plays it. It is not a system for the the neutral or the purist. Looking back at Rangers in Europe it has been a chore. I remember their run in the first Champions League - they weren?t a great team then either but at least with McCoist and Hateley they had a go...

Tonight Rangers had no outlet. They got the ball and within 15 seconds Zenit had it back. The formula was not to concede and sneak a goal or make it to pens. It didn't work tonight.

FWIW I feel sorry for them. But from a very early stage it was obvious there was only one team that was going to win it.

CostaJambo

Rangers had absolutely nothing going forward and deserved to lose. To me it looked as if Smith wanted to contain them for 90 mins and then take a view for extra time. After he brought on Novo and the game was still running away from them a few minutes later I felt he was happy to lose this one provided they didn't pick up any injuries in the title run in. Funny game when you can forget about European glory to save face in the domestic league. Pity our club doesn't have these problems to overcome. Best part of the TV coverage was the Russian bird with concrete tits.

Spellczech
Tonight Rangers had no outlet. They got the ball and within 15 seconds Zenit had it back. The formula was not to concede and sneak a goal or make it to pens. It didn't work tonight.

FWIW I feel sorry for them. But from a very early stage it was obvious there was only one team that was going to win it.

Indeed, I foretold that that Rangers would play for penalties from the kickoff and that only way it would be a good game would be if one team scored an early goal. So it panned out - was easiest second-guess I?ve EVER made naturally... So it cannot have been too hard for a coach of Advocaat?s quality to set his team out (just keep nutter Ricksen out of the team so that you finish with 11) even without his top striker....

freddiemac

Congratulations to Walter Smith's team on creating a new european record having now played in 10 (ten) matches in the one season in european competitions where they have failed to score .

anti-football at it's very best and credit is due to the backroom team and players alike for putting in so much effort and hard work to nullify opponents and boring everybody to tears . Well done ZENIT a victory for football .

Spellczech
Rangers had absolutely nothing going forward and deserved to lose. To me it looked as if Smith wanted to contain them for 90 mins and then take a view for extra time. After he brought on Novo and the game was still running away from them a few minutes later I felt he was happy to lose this one provided they didn't pick up any injuries in the title run in. Funny game when you can forget about European glory to save face in the domestic league. Pity our club doesn't have these problems to overcome. Best part of the TV coverage was the Russian bird with concrete tits.

The Record will no doubt congratulate Smith on his ambitious tactic of playing the last 4 minutes with 4 strikers on the pitch! ;)

stawberry2

Oh dear not looking good down there, think fans no being that good ;)

boabyarsebiscuit
The Record will no doubt congratulate Smith on his ambitious tactic of playing the last 4 minutes with 4 strikers on the pitch! ;)

They made 2 half chances only in that final period.

Tell you another thing. Christian Nade could have done the Darcheville role better than Darcheville did tonight. At least he could have held the ball up better.

And no, I'm not kidding.

Boaby Ewing

Always funny to see a bunch of greetin' faced huns actually greetin', but I'm not about to hit the vinegar strokes over the success of Gazprom Ubermensch FC.

CostaJambo

Indeed. Would be interesting to see what positives they take from this if anybody east of Falkirk actually cared what drivel they publish. At the end of the day Rangers did great to make it to the final and were beaten by a better team, I was surprised to see some weegies crying at the final whistle. Probably missing their skag fix.

Brian Whittaker's Tache

Three fans interviewed on ITV

Not a weegie accent amongst them

Ok sorry, so Rangers 4 most expensive players costs the same as Zenits captain... Im not a Rangers fan, just stating i think they have done well to acheive what they have.

you have to remember Zenit pay euros. Believe Tymoschuk was bought for 9m euro. about ?6-7m pound.(i think, total guess work, i admit!) But I see your point.

The Old Tolbooth

How biased was the ITV news ffs, they made it look like Rangers were actually in the game, and showed half chances for them, while failing to show clear cut chances for Zenit!!

Parasites!

Geoff Kilpatrick
Always funny to see a bunch of greetin' faced huns actually greetin', but I'm not about to hit the vinegar strokes over the success of Gazprom Ubermensch FC.

It was nice to wake up to greeting stickies this morning! :)

thehibsareintheirbeds

smith almost said it himself to the press on sportsound. zenit had arshavin- rankers had the crab...thats the difference. they have absolutely no quality attack wise.

one team interested in playing football, the other interested in passing backwards and diving into tackles screaming for free kicks and penalties.

Malinga the Swinga

For some strange reason, I took some comfort from seeing the faces of the wee weegies crying at the final whistle. I know they are only kids, but it serves them right for supporting that half of the infirm and hopefully they will have many more occasions when they feel like that.

shaun.lawson
Police supervisor just on BBC complimenting the Rangers FC fans on their impeccable behaviour.

English tv reporter doing the same.

Well done, although many on here will be gutted.

Hmm. On Five Live this evening, a Scottish Man Utd fan phoned up, clearly in a state of shock. He and his brother, both from Bolton, fancied a trip into Manchester to mingle in the party (sic) atmosphere, and finished up befriending a group of Rangers fans. He wore a Scotland jersey, and as a Catholic, had actually gone to the lengths of taking the cross he always wears off, so aware was he of Rangers' appalling reputation.

Things seemed to be going fine - until it emerged that he was a Man Utd fan. Sensing danger, he tried protesting that Alex Ferguson was a Protestant - but the apologies for human beings around him started chanting "Chelsea! Chelsea!" (a link between Chelsea and Rangers fans? Surely not!), chased him, and bottled his brother - who had to go to hospital needing thirty stitches in his head.

Now what do you make of that? A Mancunian in his own city, just interested in meeting new people and having a laugh, and pleased as punch that a Scottish club had reached a European final, viciously attacked by **** for being a Man Utd fan (and presumably, because they guessed he was Catholic). As someone who seems to take so much pride in the fortunes of "Rangers FC", are you going to condemn this, or just come up with an excuse for the thugs who follow the club?

cobbyshambles

Cuellar said: "All we needed was the SPL to help us make history by extending the season by one week only but I don't know why they didn't want to help us win this trophy.

"We have had too many games in such a short space of time and it is crazy.

"We had a very good chance to win a European trophy but the SPL did not want to help us.

"I don't understand why that was and if we had not played Dundee United on Saturday, I think we would have looked more comfortable.

"This season, I think I have played 62 games and in Spain, I would maybe play 38 or 40 times in a year."

Laughable excuse.

Guest casper
"This season, I think I have played 62 games and in Spain, I would maybe play 38 or 40 times in a year."

Go'n play in Spain then.

Predictable line. I would have given them last sat off but made them squeeze it in between the other fixtures.eg Play Sat, Mon, Tues, Thursday.

There would be no excuses.

Just unfortunate for the Huns that they weren't able to make a key substitution at half time, and bring on their star performer.....Mike McCurry:rofl:

I detest Rangers and for the sake of their ugly support I'm glad they lost but they have a point. Being made to play the amount of games they have been was nothing short of ridiculous.

. Being made to play the amount of games they have been was nothing short of ridiculous.

They are the rules, which have been bent to extend the league season by an extra 4days!

The SPL DID help them though:

They called off the game before the Scotland match and called the game off after the death of O'Donnell. Plus they extended the season FOR THEM, costing many players from other teams their holidays with no reimbursement.

Quit moaning and accept you were beaten by a superior team playing superior football.

Archived