Rangers and the UEFA cup!

Eggo

success means playing a lot of games so they should of had a squad capable of achieving it. also a couple of world class players were also required to beat Zenit and a backbone. personally i am glad they never won it as any team who scores five goals in all those games does not deserve it. i also hate the rule that champions league teams fall into uefa it is a nonsense, lastly what goes beep, beep, beep,

the open top rangers bus reversing into the garage

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The SPL DID help them though:

They called off the game before the Scotland match and called the game off after the death of O'Donnell. Plus they extended the season FOR THEM, costing many players from other teams their holidays with no reimbursement.

Quit moaning and accept you were beaten by a superior team playing superior football.

The season HAD to be estended in my eyes, couldn't really see much other way of getting the games in, Rangers caused this problem from there on success in the cups. The SPL should really have a plan in place in case an SPL team does well in Europe.

I detest Rangers and for the sake of their ugly support I'm glad they lost but they have a point. Being made to play the amount of games they have been was nothing short of ridiculous.

I have to protest at calling them ugly. My GF is a Rangers fan, if you called them slightly less intelligent than the normal fan I would have no complaints!!

The cruckie cookie

They also postponed the Gretna game prior to a champions league game at Rankgers request.

Grentna:p

I have to protest at calling them ugly. My GF is a Rangers fan, if you called them slightly less intelligent than the normal fan I would have no complaints!!

I thought I'd made it obvious that your girlfriend was exempt from being whipped with the ugly stick. I apologise for any offence caused. I'm sure she's lovely. :)

The Future's Maroon

So it was nothing to do with the tatics they played, or the fact they simply got beat by a better team on the night? Yes it was a good run and I congratulate them for getting to the final....why cant they just accept they lost....or is it because they didnt get their own way? The amount of times players fell over and looked bemused at why they didnt get a free-kick - I tell you why, because the ref last night was good, and strong minded.

These guys are paid thousands of pounds a week? (more than probabaly everyone on this forum earns in a year), they train to keep very fit.....what are they moaning about?

Zoomers!

jambojim52

Any team that enters a league or competition, without sufficient players to compete. Should not enter in the first place, or should be fined if they cannot fulfill their commitments.

Ivan Drago
Hmm. On Five Live this evening, a Scottish Man Utd fan phoned up, clearly in a state of shock. He and his brother, both from Bolton, fancied a trip into Manchester to mingle in the party (sic) atmosphere, and finished up befriending a group of Rangers fans. He wore a Scotland jersey, and as a Catholic, had actually gone to the lengths of taking the cross he always wears off, so aware was he of Rangers' appalling reputation.

Things seemed to be going fine - until it emerged that he was a Man Utd fan. Sensing danger, he tried protesting that Alex Ferguson was a Protestant - but the apologies for human beings around him started chanting "Chelsea! Chelsea!" (a link between Chelsea and Rangers fans? Surely not!), chased him, and bottled his brother - who had to go to hospital needing thirty stitches in his head.

Now what do you make of that? A Mancunian in his own city, just interested in meeting new people and having a laugh, and pleased as punch that a Scottish club had reached a European final, viciously attacked by **** for being a Man Utd fan (and presumably, because they guessed he was Catholic). As someone who seems to take so much pride in the fortunes of "Rangers FC", are you going to condemn this, or just come up with an excuse for the thugs who follow the club?

my mate was telling me he knows a Rangers fan who told him 'I know i shouldnt because im a rangers fan, but i actually like Man U' :confused:

where does it say Rangers fans cant like man u? :confused:

Parade

You'd think that the fact they got humped would have been enough reason to cancel the parade.

Parade

You'd think that the fact they got humped would have been enough reason to cancel the parade.

When did Tommy Burns die? was it last night?

I'M IBRAHIM TALL

In fairness to the huns (never thought I would hear myself say that) they have acted swiftly and done the right thing. Credit where its due.

I'M IBRAHIM TALL

Manchester City Council have cancelled plans to screen Wednesdays Champions League final on big screens in the city centre. Residents and supporters in thier own town refused something that complete strangers were afforded because they cant conduct themselves properly. Absolutly pathetic.

I would imagine now Scottish footballs standing down south will be at its lowest ever. And who can blame them. I also would imagne the silence from Sir David Murray and his co-horts will be deafening.

And they wonder why the EPL don't want them??

From the Tims singing pro IRA song's in Manchester and now the Huns.

Infact thats pesh.....there's NO WAY we'll get rid of them now!!!

deesidejambo

I've just seen the video footage. This is an absolute scandal and these **** should be identified and jailed. What a bunch of animals.

Just a small point here... that is nothing compared to the violence regularly seen by the world cup winners of football hooliganism. Infact to take it one step further they invented football hooliganism.

Do you think the golf pro at St Andrews would take issue with you playing golf at St Andrews ? The only problem he would have was that you were crap at it.

And besides I seen some stopid WPC on TV this morning saying how everything went great and the small few never ruined the carnival/party there city hosted. Not that I want to defend Rangers fans... I just dont think the situation is a bad as most people make out in this thread.

They got pumped... that was my little cup final this year whoop whoop comon the Zenits!

shaun.lawson
Just a small point here... that is nothing compared to the violence regularly seen by the world cup winners of football hooliganism. Infact to take it one step further they invented football hooliganism.

Do you think the golf pro at St Andrews would take issue with you playing golf at St Andrews ? The only problem he would have was that you were crap at it.

And besides I seen some stopid WPC on TV this morning saying how everything went great and the small few never ruined the carnival/party there city hosted. Not that I want to defend Rangers fans... I just dont think the situation is a bad as most people make out in this thread.

They got pumped... that was my little cup final this year whoop whoop comon the Zenits!

"World Cup winners of hooliganism"? Sorry, but that's Turkey or Italy, maybe Argentina. It used to be England, but we've cleaned up our act enormously, as we damn well had to.

Prince Buaben
What are they going to parade? The losers medals?

Thats what i thought

Good though they have cancelled it though..

So it was nothing to do with the tatics they played, or the fact they simply got beat by a better team on the night? Yes it was a good run and I congratulate them for getting to the final....why cant they just accept they lost....or is it because they didnt get their own way? The amount of times players fell over and looked bemused at why they didnt get a free-kick - I tell you why, because the ref last night was good, and strong minded.

These guys are paid thousands of pounds a week? (more than probabaly everyone on this forum earns in a year), they train to keep very fit.....what are they moaning about?

Zoomers!

Horses??

Well done on cancelling it, although an organised parade for beaten finalists would've been a bit embarrassing in the first instance.

bigbryanthejambo

Might have sumthing to do with the disgraceful sight that is Manchester this morning too. Lay low for a while RFC......when the Buckfast wears off hopefully a few of you may realise how bad you made every Scot look lastnight.

Where did they intend parading ? Serious question. Could they not just have had a 'walk' ?:rolleyes:

Bet RFC are counting their blessings about the passing of Tommy Burns. Might take some of the attention away from their stormtroopers in Manchester.

Spellczech

More likely to be because they cannot trust their fans not to smash up Paisley Road West...Who ever heard of a parade for defeated finalists anyway?

A better comment by Cuellar would've been for example :

"All we needed was us to be a bit less pish or Zenit to be a bit less good to help us make history, but I don't know why we didn't want to help us to win this trophy.

We have too many pish players and Zenit have too many good players and it is crazy.

We had a very good chance to win a European trophy but unfortunately ****ed it up by being pish.

I don't understand why that was and if we had not played Dundee United on Saturday, I think we would still have got raped.

This season, I think I have played with lots of pish players, and in Spain I would maybe play alongside some players who weren't pish".

lambojambo

REMINDER:

This SPL that the Huns are complaining about is the very same SPL that they would jettison for England before you could say "geez yer Sky money"!!!!!

jambojim52
When did Tommy Burns die? was it last night?

Died laughing at the Huns.

Sorry couldn't resist.:P

The season HAD to be estended in my eyes, couldn't really see much other way of getting the games in, Rangers caused this problem from there on success in the cups. The SPL should really have a plan in place in case an SPL team does well in Europe.

I agree it was the right thing to do. My argument is that the SPL has helped them out a various points this season, including with the UEFA cup final. The point being that, despite the SPL bending over backwards for them - as well as other clubs having to make changes to fit THEIR schedule - the dirty bluenoses are STILL complaining that they didn't get anything.

Absolute rubbish. Rangers brought this situation upon themselves. I mean come on, postponing a game against GRETNA because they had a Champion's League match?? Their reserve...nae YOUTH team should be able to beat them (even if we couldn't). I have no sympathy - Zenit are a better side and won fair and square, accept it Carlos ya horse faced greeting wee sheister. :cool:

Maybe I am being cynical but I wondered if the news was not released until after the match due to the fear of unsavoury songs being sung

jambojim52

Can't wait for the fireworks. Rangers refused an extention and now celtic will request one for TB. Get in there GFA and sort this one out.

Can't wait for the fireworks. Rangers refused an extention and now celtic will request one for TB. Get in there GFA and sort this one out.

Will the funeral not be next week sometime??

I personally think it would be funny if it was wednesday or Thursday and Celtic asked for the games to be moced to the week after, only for Rangers to refuse after them being told to GTF!

if this is seen as in bad taste.......

SHAME cos its a joke

jambojim52

You can't expect the celtic to play any games whatsoever with the worry about when the funeral is to be held.:dribble:

Make NO MISTAKE though !

If Rangers, by some quirk of fate, had been lucky enough to actually WIN last night, this parade would have gone ahead.

Thats number of rangers fans that travelled to Manc as quoted on the news.

Wonder what it will be tomorrow.

The People's Chimp
Thats number of rangers fans that travelled to Manc as quoted on the news.

Wonder what it will be tomorrow.

Probably half a million. Did you know there were 3 million celtic fans in seville?

best in the land

just to get away from gloom at tynie, thought id start a thread of jokes

about rankgers recent result :)

old joke so sorry if posted already ;)

what's red white and blue, and goes beep....beep...beep...beep?

rangers open top bus reversing back into the garage :)

chester copperpot
just to get away from gloom at tynie, thought id start a thread of jokes

about rankgers recent result :)

old joke so sorry if posted already ;)

what's red white and blue, and goes beep....beep...beep...beep?

rangers open top bus reversing back into the garage :)

I'd love to laugh at Hearts in the same way mate.

The world sex record was broken in Manchester last night.

One wee Dick f***** 100,000 erseholes.

best in the land
I'd love to laugh at Hearts in the same way mate.

my god its worse than i thought

i really went along way to clear the gloom there:sad:

ok how about some jokes to laugh at hearts?

would that be better?

best in the land
The world sex record was broken in Manchester last night.

One wee Dick f***** 100,000 erseholes.

was just about to post that one:)

thanx mate glad someones got a sense of humour

chester copperpot
my god its worse than i thought

i really went along way to clear the gloom there:sad:

ok how about some jokes to laugh at hearts?

would that be better?

Yes would you be so kind, haha I get the point, just a bit touchy tonight, just ignore me. ;)

I'm a :hobofish: after all.

best in the land
Yes would you be so kind, haha I get the point, just a bit touchy tonight, just ignore me. ;)

I'm a :hobofish: after all.

nae worries bud

;)

Lets keep in mind that Rangers brought on Kris Boyd with 5 minutes to go last night. A player who would walk into 10 teams in the SPL.

They didn't want help with fielding players, they wanted help fielding their first 11 over and over again.

Which kind of defeats the whole point.

A better comment by Cuellar would've been for example :

"All we needed was us to be a bit less pish or Zenit to be a bit less good to help us make history, but I don't know why we didn't want to help us to win this trophy.

We have too many pish players and Zenit have too many good players and it is crazy.

We had a very good chance to win a European trophy but unfortunately ****ed it up by being pish.

I don't understand why that was and if we had not played Dundee United on Saturday, I think we would still have got raped.

This season, I think I have played with lots of pish players, and in Spain I would maybe play alongside some players who weren't pish".

Agreed.

Spot on IMO

End off

etc etc

What does a Rangers fan do after winning the UEFA cup?

Switches off the Playstation and goes to bed!:byebye:

best in the land

i'll try another

3 rangers fans were killed in a hit and run incident in a supermarket car park.

tesco....every little helps :dribble:

best in the land
Better not post what I just did, too close to the bone.

awww. ye cannae dea that now.

whisper it then ;)

Archived