Rangers and the UEFA cup!

Eggo

Auld Reekin'

"Can someone please explain....

.... how the beggar huns winning the UEFA cup is good for Scottish football?

Am I the only person that doesn't get it. Them winning will not give us another European place. It will only give second place team easier passage in the Champions league. Which at a push makes it better for Glasgow football. And who wants that?

Rangers win, they get more money, the gulf grows, they continue to cherrypick best Scottish talent, spoil 75% of said talent. Aye absolutly sensational for Scottish football!!!!. Dont make me laugh

COME ON ZENIT"

It's really very simple: if your "second" (or even your first :rolleyes:) team is r*ng*rs, you claim to everyone and anyone who will listen that a r*ng*rs win "will benefit Scottish football"; if not, you don't.

;)

(I don't...)

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You can't seriously post a good luck message on a Hearts Fans website to one of our most hated rivals, and not expect pelters.

Remember aswell that this is a club that given the chance, would distance themselves as far as possible away from Scottish Football.

It's only the fact that no league set up wants them that they, (and their equally obnoxious neighbours), still participate in the SPL.

Personlly, I hope their boring, defensive tactics get blown apart by a vibrant Zenit team.

Something along the Bayrn home perfrmance will do.

Having said that,.........I won't be watching it. I will much prefer my evening being entertained by the great Joe Satriani who is playing in Glasgow tomorrow night.

Independence

Get right into the kings of bigots.

As soon as I hear 'Swing low, Swing high, sweet chariot' or G save the Q, I will turning the TV off.

bobsajambo1
Good luck hope you win by playing whatever way you want, wish it was the Jambos!

Please dont post if you want rangers to lose the threads not for that and thats how arguments start. ;)

I also do not want the Huns to lose, I want them to get well and truly gubbed to show how crap a team they actually are and cheats never win, unless you play in the SPL that is ?

I hope the Huns do the job. I also hope they lift all four trophies. Something about me admires achievement and that would set a big stake in the ground for Romanov and his lackies. A team we were superior to 24 months ago, sweeping the board.

I can't be bothered by all this hate and vitriol, there is too much of it around. Smith and his squad are a decent bunch of professionals. If the Hun support has its low-life elements, so does most supporter bases from big (once) industrial cities.

I watched live, the 4-0 Hibs semi final with a bunch of Jambos in a New York bar. There was a Hun there. He was the secretary of some amateur team in Glasgow. The guy was supporting Hearts. He had tickets allocated for the final and he planned to take his son. He said he hoped if we played against Gretna, we would win as it would be an embarassment for Scottish football for major trophies to be won by some amateur team. This was coming from the secretary of an amateur club. A decent, honest guy. A Hun. For him and some other reasons, I hope the Huns bring that trophy back north, across the border. Lifting a trophy in England and bringing it back to Scotland has a nice ring about it.

But keep it up guys. Keep layering on your tribal hatred. It kind of makes you sound like the Hun support you are criticising.

Commander Harris
I wish Rangers good luck. Good to see any team from Scotland do well in Europe.

I wanted Celtic to win a few years ago, and before that Dundee Utd.

Agreed Deek.

it is a shame that the second part of your post was required though, it would be nice if someone could post a statement like your first without people automatically suspecting sinister motives or double standards. :sad:

I hope the Huns do the job. I also hope they lift all four trophies. Something about me admires achievement and that would set a big stake in the ground for Romanov and his lackies. A team we were superior to 24 months ago, sweeping the board.

I can't be bothered by all this hate and vitriol, there is too much of it around. Smith and his squad are a decent bunch of professionals. If the Hun support has its low-life elements, so does most supporter bases from big (once) industrial cities.

I watched live, the 4-0 Hibs semi final with a bunch of Jambos in a New York bar. There was a Hun there. He was the secretary of some amateur team in Glasgow. The guy was supporting Hearts. He had tickets allocated for the final and he planned to take his son. He said he hoped if we played against Gretna, we would win as it would be an embarassment for Scottish football for major trophies to be won by some amateur team. This was coming from the secretary of an amateur club. A decent, honest guy. A Hun. For him and some other reasons, I hope the Huns bring that trophy back north, across the border. Lifting a trophy in England and bringing it back to Scotland has a nice ring about it.

But keep it up guys. Keep layering on your tribal hatred. It kind of makes you sound like the Hun support you are criticising.

i know a number of good, decent supporters and could be happy to see THOSE fans watch their team win, but unfortunately, the majority of the ones i do know are plums.

i've worked in enough glasgow glasgow pubs though to thoroughly despise both sides of that filthy coin, and hope they are utterly embarrassed

letsmakesomenoise
They'll need it - the referee isn't Scottish.

Or named McCurrie!

colinmaroon

Good "luck" to Rangers fan Mike McCurrie who'll be there supporting his team just like he was on Saturday!!!

Although after Zenit thump 5 past them, I'm sure that it will be the referee's fault!!!

bobsajambo1

I can keep it up all day ?

I hope Rangers get ****ing humped tomorrow they are absolute **** spouting crap like its great for scottish football and they are such a proud scottish team yet at Ibrox its God save the Queen and Rule Brittania.

Mr Quagmire
How close is Manchester to Buckfast Abbey again? ;)

miles, buckfast abbey is down Devon way.

Sounds that you've been ground down into accepting the status quo. Mission accomplished some of our OF neighbours might say.

Barry basketball Ferguson isn't a "decent" anything I'm afraid.

I know a few decent honest guys who support the OF.

Unfortunately, for every one of them, there are another 5000 or so who are nothing more than bigoted, buckfast swilling, knuckle draggers.

Sorry mate,...........but I retain the hate and vitriol.

The Baldmans Comb

They have always been a disgrace to scottish football and are the unacceptable face of scottish society.

They represent themselves and no one else and I would be quite mortified if any Russian or English person thought they were representative in any way of Scotland.

Good luck and Best Wishes to St Petersburg.

Seconded. It will be great for the coefficient and Scottish/British football. Hope the fans of Rangers FC have a great time in Manchester. :)

This is a point that in actual fact, means nowt.

Anything Rangers do will simply regain the ground that we've lost due to Gretna/QOS's participation.

If the arseholes that run Scottish football actually sorted the structure of our national game out, then maybe you'd have a point.

until then tho? Its a redundant point:p

And for the record, I hope Rangers are hammered the morn. Hard.

Good luck Rangers.

My hatred for all things Russian has grown since the wee pleb Vlad has made a meal of things so I wouldn't mind a good Brittish team doing them over.

The one line which blew what was a decent and salient posting, completely out the water.

To suggest that being "anti" Old firm is simply "tribal", merely does yourself a disservice.......I hope. I mean, you don't really think that, do you?

rudi must stay
I hope Rangers get raped.

same here. And the way Zenit played against Bayern Munich they will be

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic
I wish Rangers good luck. Good to see any team from Scotland do well in Europe.

I wanted Celtic to win a few years ago, and before that Dundee Utd.

Same here.

I'm surprised I seem to be in such a minority.

Rudolf's Mate

And me though lets all face it..... It's a win, win situation for us!

They win then it is good for Scotland's Co Ef and so on. They get pumped then it's a relief that our windaes are safe!

Commander Harris
Same here.

I'm surprised I seem to be in such a minority.

I suspect there are a lot of posters who wouldn't mind too much if Rangers won - and might actually want them to win, but are afraid of either being accused of being a "hun" or somehow less of a Hearts fan.

this poll seems to show that you are not in quite as small a minority as you think.

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/showthread.php?t=13830

Rudolf's Mate

As per BBC Website:

The land invasion of Manchester got under way as hundreds of Rangers fans joined a colourful convoy of cars and vans heading for the Uefa Cup Final.

More than 100 vehicles decorated with balloons, flags and scarves set off from Ibrox at 1000 GMT.

Headlines tomorrow will be that a record number of cars have been stolen in one day!!!

Dagger Is Back

You're entitled to you opinion and I respect that without resorting to calling you names.

I can't though find it in myself to want to see them win tomorrow. A fair percentage of their fans are ****. Yes all clubs have an element and they'll be down there showing their deaf and dumbs, weeing in streets and generally harassing locals - somewhat like some Jambos did in Bordeaux, Basle etc.

I want Rangers to lose because the institution have been partners in an alliance which has over the years strangled the life out of Scottish football. They're responsible for ending the careers of many a promising youngster, and helping to spread bigotry throughout Scotland. They and their ugly twins have monopolised Scottish football for years and success only increases their ability to continue their onslaught and widen the gap.

Their fans constantly embarrass us all with their little songs showing people around the world how backward we actually are for a supposed civilsed country.

I hope they get slaughtered.

IMA MAROON
I suspect there are a lot of posters who wouldn't mind too much if Rangers won - and might actually want them to win, but are afraid of either being accused of being a "hun" or somehow less of a Hearts fan.

this poll seems to show that you are not in quite as small a minority as you think.

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/showthread.php?t=13830

And quite a few of them are just pretending they want Rangers to lose for the sake of an arguement.

It will be an amazing couple of days in Manchester, I wish it was us.

Independence

I do not doubt that your hun friend is a good lad.

However, having had to stand and listen to their supporters and the Celtic supporters for 50 years I can assure you that I can never wish them luck. For years their fans have travelled throughout Scotland/Europe singing their religious bile and embarresing all of scotland at the same time. Tomorrow will be no different. Once these teams start to embrace Scotland and stop promoting bigotry, then attitudes towards them may change. Until taht happens; come on any team that plays against them!!!!

As per BBC Website:

The land invasion of Manchester got under way as hundreds of Rangers fans joined a colourful convoy of cars and vans heading for the Uefa Cup Final.

More than 100 vehicles decorated with balloons, flags and scarves set off from Ibrox at 1000 GMT.

Headlines tomorrow will be that a record number of cars have been stolen in one day!!!

Terrible way to talk about Rangers fans.:rolleyes:

Seymour M Hersh
As per BBC Website:

Not just decorated but also filled with balloons as well!:)

IMA MAROON

What do you reckon for tonight?

I'm thinking he is going to spring a wee surprise with the players he picks. I can see Hemdani dropping out, McCulloch coming in and Rangers making a real go of it.

I reckon the team will be.

Alexander

Broadfoot Cuellar Weir Papac

Whittaker Davis Fergie Thomson McCulloch

Darcheville

Guest JamboRobbo

It may have escaped your attention, but this is a Hearts forum.

If you want to discuss the rangers team for tonight, follow follow would be more appropriate surely?

:troll:

monkfish1979
What do you reckon for tonight?

I'm thinking he is going to spring a wee surprise with the players he picks. I can see Hemdani dropping out, McCulloch coming in and Rangers making a real go of it.

I reckon the team will be.

Alexander

Broadfoot Cuellar Weir Papac

Whittaker Davis Fergie Thomson McCulloch

Darcheville

In a 9-0-1 formation.

IMA MAROON
In a 9-0-1 formation.

There is a lot of strength and energy in that midfield. Rangers will look to control the game.

It may have escaped your attention, but this is a Hearts forum.

Check the forum description; discussion about all things related to football and HMFC. :mad: You are an uber-troller.

Getting back to the OP, I can't see Mr Smith changing the tactics that have got them this far. And good luck to them I say. ;)

Narrative Arc
Check the forum description; discussion about all things related to football and HMFC. :mad: You are an uber-troller.

Getting back to the OP, I can't see Mr Smith changing the tactics that have got them this far. And good luck to them I say. ;)

are ypu just here to wind up jambos if so

Ryan Gosling
How come "Mr Smith" gets applauded for his style of play, but Mr Frail gets slated?

Because Mr Smith wins.

How come "Mr Smith" gets applauded for his style of play, but Mr Frail gets slated?

Cause Walter seems to get his team winning?

Guest JamboRobbo
Check the forum description; discussion about all things related to football

Which proves my point. Rangers do not play football.

This thread has nothing to do with Hearts or football, so has no place on here.

Because Mr Smith wins.

It was rhetorical.

;)

And how some slate Frail for 4-5-1, but then go on to praise Auld Schmit for the same.

And how some slate Frail for 4-5-1, but then go on to praise Auld Schmit for the same.

One manager gets his team fighting and winning. The other doesn't. No need to point out which is which.

Which proves my point. Rangers do not play football.

This thread has nothing to do with Hearts or football, so has no place on here.

Yeah, good point.

They only win. Personally, I'd hate Heart of Midlothian FC to pick up that habit.

Guest JamboRobbo
Yeah, good point.

They only win. Personally, I'd hate Heart of Midlothian FC to pick up that habit.

How strange. I'd love HMFC to start winning.

Signed. Good luck.

If only we had their winning mentality and attitude.

Archived