Rangers and the UEFA cup!

Eggo

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply
IMA MAROON

Getting back to the OP, I can't see Mr Smith changing the tactics that have got them this far. And good luck to them I say. ;)

Not a big change in tactics but in personel. Davis can do the Hemdani job and get forward a bit more bu the big plus is McCulloch.

Really looking forward to it now. Celtic fans will be gutted if Rangers win. :)

How strange. I'd love HMFC to start winning.

aye but therapist is a rangers fan, why would he want hearts to win? keep up :rolleyes:

Police supervisor just on BBC complimenting the Rangers FC fans on their impeccable behaviour.

English tv reporter doing the same.

Well done, although many on here will be gutted.

monkfish1979
Yeah, good point.

They only win. Personally, I'd hate Heart of Midlothian FC to pick up that habit.

How strange. I'd love HMFC to start winning.

Hehe. Imagine making a Freudian slip like that. Who would've thunk it'd be one of the Chelskis? :rolleyes:

Celtic fans will be gutted if Rangers win. :)

So will the hand wringers on here. No, wait.....they are one and the same thing. :rolleyes:

Jambotommy
Signed. Good luck.

If only we had their winning mentality and attitude.

Yep.

Thought this would be busier though, with well wishers.

Ach well, I've no forgot about our legends of yesteryear.

Willie Johnstone

Sandy Jardine

Alex MacDonald

Gregor Stevens

Kenny Black

etc.

A Rangers fan after the game

1182090.jpg?v=1&c=ViewImages&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF19390335F8FA9CA92A6435FEB1658C333919930FDCFC4C15FBB

is your full name Mystic Marsh!? :o

FTG! hope Zenit hammer them for the good of football!

IMA MAROON

Rangers fans are making a big impression with their friendly and patriotic atitude. No sign of any trouble with the English.

God luck Rangers.

kingantti1874
Yep.

Thought this would be busier though, with well wishers.

Ach well, I've no forgot about our legends of yesteryear.

Willie Johnstone

Sandy Jardine

Alex MacDonald

Gregor Stevens

Kenny Black

etc.

what about them? Does the fact that they played for us mean we should support scotlands shame? Dont think so

Come on zenit....

FTG! hope Zenit hammer them for the good of football!

Is that the same Zenit whose manager has admitted he will ask their fans if it's acceptable to sign a black player? When did caucasian-only football become "good".

Take some time to think about this before you reply or you may look even more silly and petty-minded than you already do. ;)

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic
Rangers fans are making a big impression with their friendly and patriotic atitude. No sign of any trouble with the English.

God luck Rangers.

Seriously, I hate getting involved in this crap but what is the point in having a no trolling forum rule if this poster is allowed to carry on the way he has been for the past half hour or so?

IMA MAROON
Seriously, I hate getting involved in this crap but what is the point in having a no trolling forum rule if this poster is allowed to carry on the way he has been for the past half hour or so?

If you do not agree with my opinions then fine, just post your own.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

You're trolling. You're trying to make people upset so that they post stuff they might later regret.

It's all quite sad and pathetic.

God luck Rangers.

One and the same though, no?

Therapists bedroom ;)

Good one John. ;)

I'm more interested in seeing Alan_R's reply though. :rolleyes:

Good point.

CMON the Zenit!!

The Old Tolbooth
Good one John. ;)

I'm more interested in seeing Alan_R's reply though. :rolleyes:

At least you took it in the spirit intended :)

Fair play

Still want Rangers humped out of sight though ;)

IMA MAROON
You're trolling. You're trying to make people upset so that they post stuff they might later regret.

Good one. Get real. If you do not want to wish Rangers the best of luck do not post on this thread. It is that simple.

Professor.Arturo

Watching their fans in Manchester, wishing it was us (some hope!)

Majority seem decent, so good luck Rangers

Is that the same Zenit whose manager has admitted he will ask their fans if it's acceptable to sign a black player? When did caucasian-only football become "good".

Take some time to think about this before you reply or you may look even more silly and petty-minded than you already do. ;)

*yawn* you are very tedious. I'm taking about the football they play not the morals of the club. You've tried to bring a something into question which I wasn't even discussing. Zenit play better football, do they not?

Guest JamboRobbo
Hopefully get beat the crullest way possible.

I too hope they get what they deserve.

What will the Rangers fans do after winning the Uefa cup?

Switch off the playstation and climb back into bed with their sister/brother!!

RockyBalboa

Best of luck Rangers.

The majority of fans are biggots who dont want to be Scottish but for my friends/family and the good ones I hope they win.

:cool:

What they are doing before ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Pub closed after brawl

A CITY centre pub was closed down this afternoon after violence broke out among football fans.

Officers were sent to the Paramount pub on the corner of Portland Street and Oxford Street amid reports of violence between supporters of Rangers and Zenit St Petersburg.

Eyewitnesses said there were up to 400 people inside when bottles and glasses were thrown and the pub was evacuated by staff.

Rangers fan Scott King, 38, claimed the trouble was started after Russian supporters began chanting songs.

He said: "There were about 30 Zenit fans who had just finished a Russian song. The song could have been about anything.

"Then some bottles and glasses starting flying. It wasn't the Rangers fans who started it. There were children and women in there.

"There was about twelve people injured, including a couple of Zenit fans who they kept inside.

"There must have been about 400 people in the pub and they were throwing glasses at the doors."

Three ambulances were sent to the scene and one was still there an hour after the incident just before 3pm. Staff were inside clearing up glass from the floor and rearranging tables. One window was damaged but none of them were smashed.

Boisterous

Ged Murphy, area manager for Wetherspoon, which runs the Paramount pub, said: "It just all got a bit boisterous. Everyone is getting a bit lively now and there was some trouble between two sets of fans.

"There were no attacks on our staff and to be honest, there is virtually no damage. It was not carnage but we decided to close, clear the bar and start afresh.

"We took the decision to close, not the police."

A police spokesman said: "We were called at 2.59pm following reports of fighting inside the pub."

Greater Manchester Police said there had been a total of five arrests elsewhere in the city.

Medics at Manchester Royal Infirmary were treating a steady stream of Rangers fans for minor injuries and drunken-ness during the afternoon.

A spokeswoman confirmed more than 20 supporters had been treated and discharged by 3.40pm today.

"We are expecting a steady flow through the night," she added.

Stricken Rangers fans are being taken to the MRI, North Manchester General and Tameside General Hospitals while injured Zenit supporters will be taken to Hope Hospital in Salford, according to a plan put in place for the game by the North West Regional Ambulance Service.

Colonel Kurtz

Imagine if the Huns get hammered tonight and Chelsea get stuffed next week.

The Gyle Ultras will have a riot

Some wee bairn in a Tim strip will get a right doing.

kingantti1874

how many bigot megamix songs have been featured on BBC scotland and BBC news 24 now! How any hearts fan can wish them well is beyond me! Should be ashamed- they are an utter embarassment

FTR - hope they get dicked

Mr Quagmire

God luck Rangers.

Aye, i wonder why that is ? :rolleyes:

What they are doing before ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Pub closed after brawl

A CITY centre pub was closed down this afternoon after violence broke out among football fans.

Officers were sent to the Paramount pub on the corner of Portland Street and Oxford Street amid reports of violence between supporters of Rangers and Zenit St Petersburg.

Eyewitnesses said there were up to 400 people inside when bottles and glasses were thrown and the pub was evacuated by staff.

Rangers fan Scott King, 38, claimed the trouble was started after Russian supporters began chanting songs.

He said: "There were about 30 Zenit fans who had just finished a Russian song. The song could have been about anything.

"Then some bottles and glasses starting flying. It wasn't the Rangers fans who started it. There were children and women in there.

"There was about twelve people injured, including a couple of Zenit fans who they kept inside.

"There must have been about 400 people in the pub and they were throwing glasses at the doors."

Three ambulances were sent to the scene and one was still there an hour after the incident just before 3pm. Staff were inside clearing up glass from the floor and rearranging tables. One window was damaged but none of them were smashed.

Boisterous

Ged Murphy, area manager for Wetherspoon, which runs the Paramount pub, said: "It just all got a bit boisterous. Everyone is getting a bit lively now and there was some trouble between two sets of fans.

"There were no attacks on our staff and to be honest, there is virtually no damage. It was not carnage but we decided to close, clear the bar and start afresh.

"We took the decision to close, not the police."

A police spokesman said: "We were called at 2.59pm following reports of fighting inside the pub."

Greater Manchester Police said there had been a total of five arrests elsewhere in the city.

Medics at Manchester Royal Infirmary were treating a steady stream of Rangers fans for minor injuries and drunken-ness during the afternoon.

A spokeswoman confirmed more than 20 supporters had been treated and discharged by 3.40pm today.

"We are expecting a steady flow through the night," she added.

Stricken Rangers fans are being taken to the MRI, North Manchester General and Tameside General Hospitals while injured Zenit supporters will be taken to Hope Hospital in Salford, according to a plan put in place for the game by the North West Regional Ambulance Service.

Moral of the story, let the huns sing about britain, the old german hoor and such like but if you attempt to sing a song in support of your team then youre for it.

Say What Again

Wee Chic has been telling us on the radio how the stewards have been going round the ground taking down banners with a certain year (before 1700) on them and others about a certain type of blood.

Good old Rangers, yes, that's it lads - do Scotland proud!

Mon the Zenit!

I'm taking about the football they play not the morals of the club.

How convenient. You should have thought a bit more before spouting your nonsense.

So you'd rather see a club win that is the only one in Russia (senior league) never to have signed a black player, and whose manager has said publicly that he'd check with the fans whether it was acceptable before signing such a player. He also went on to say that he didn't think it'd ever be acceptable during his tenure.

So here's a question for you. Which club would you prefer to see win?

1. The club that's never signed a non-white player and whose manager thinks their fans would never accept such a signing so won't bother with one.

2. The club that fields a team of all races and religions?

For the record: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/r/rangers/7398400.stm

Over to you......

Colonel Kurtz
How convenient. You should have thought a bit more before spouting your nonsense.

So you'd rather see a club win that is the only one in Russia (senior league) never to have signed a black player, and whose manager has said publicly that he'd check with the fans whether it was acceptable before signing such a player. He also went on to say that he didn't think it'd ever be acceptable during his tenure.

1. The club that's never signed a non-white player and whose manager thinks their fans would never accept such a signing so won't bother with one.

Over to you......

0r

1.A team who for many decades wouldnt sign a catholic player

2.A team who make a big thing about their patriotism ,but whilst Hearts players were giving their lives in the trenches,found their players bogus jobs in the Govan shipyards.

After seeing Rangers line up (the 1up front line up that bores the pants off europe), c'mon Zenit and rip them a new one!

RockyBalboa

:rofl:

If you don't want to listen to Archie's commentry and you have Virgin Media, Channel 853 has the ITV England version

0r

1.A team who for many decades wouldnt sign a catholic player

2.A team who make a big thing about their patriotism ,but whilst Hearts players were giving their lives in the trenches,found their players bogus jobs in the Govan shipyards.

We're talking about now, not the dim and distant past. Check the link in my previous post, then come back and say you support Zenit.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

I hope this lot are happy by 9.45 tonight.

celtic-glasgow-bhoys-badge-4900861.jpg

Good luck to Zenit. For the good of Scottish football.

Say What Again

:arf:

Spellczech
So will the hand wringers on here. No, wait.....they are one and the same thing. :rolleyes:

Pfft That is typical OF fan mentality. If you don?t support us then you must support the other lot!

Most Hearts fans hate both OF. Of those who don?t I would guess the majority lean towards Rangers over Celtic.

Rangers will play for penalties from the whistle. Only chance of this being a good game is if one team scores early.

Over to you......

Pot calling the kettle black there mate. Stop being so hostile, what happened to a bit of banter, obviously hit a nerve by talking about something close to your heart :rolleyes:

Zenit's policy on signing players is something I know little about. From what I do know, you are right, it is completely unacceptable.

However that is not the point in question. As a neutral (which in truth I really do not care who wins, I dont like rangers, so might be nice to see them getting a few goals past them. but if it goes the other way fair play to them) I want to see an entertaining game of football. Up to this point in the competition I have enjoyed watching Zenits free flowing attacking football and purely on footballing merit think they deserve to win. If rangers win then im sure it will be a great night for their fans but I won't be fussed and certyainly won't celebrate. I won't be celebrating a zenit win either before you jump to conclusions.

Archived