Celtic Dot Count

mainstandjambo

Sick of hearing all the stories why people arent going tommorow....fact is we have about 5000 tickets left and thats complete shit.

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We might aswell accept the fact that there are people that attend games when the goings good....when times are tough people stay away.....not for me that attitude, it wouldnt matter how we play or what division we play in Hearts are our team and its days like tommorow that they need our full backing....pity some folk would rather watch it from the pub/couch.

You say that as if it is a new thing.I don't know what age you are but if you are of an age before T.V. saturation was the norm you'll know that people have always gone when the going was good and not gone when it was...for want of a better word....pish!

I understand the frustration when the Administrators are appealing for people to dig deep and it doesn't seem to materialise but there are many reasons for the poor uptake in tickets.

What I won't do is criticise because I have,as many,many others have,had a look and thought "nah,ma heid's bangin' i'll give it a miss today!"

There will always be a hardcore support at any club and ours are the best as far as i'm concerned...but it is a hardcore and not as big as some people think.

It is a good tie,financially so let's take in the money and give it large to those turnips tomorrow....regardless of how many there are of us.

Does anyone have an idea on whether or not there will be cash turnstiles in operation? I think the problem we have is that people without tickets have to queue before the game and are put off by that. So we should have cash turnstiles tomorrow and more fans may come out and support the Famous.

You say that as if it is a new thing.I don't know what age you are but if you are of an age before T.V. saturation was the norm you'll know that people have always gone when the going was good and not gone when it was...for want of a better word....pish!

I understand the frustration when the Administrators are appealing for people to dig deep and it doesn't seem to materialise but there are many reasons for the poor uptake in tickets.

What I won't do is criticise because I have,as many,many others have,had a look and thought "nah,ma heid's bangin' i'll give it a miss today!"

There will always be a hardcore support at any club and ours are the best as far as i'm concerned...but it is a hardcore and not as big as some people think.

It is a good tie,financially so let's take in the money and give it large to those turnips tomorrow....regardless of how many there are of us.

Agree with what you say, but lets be honest its hardly inspiring to our players running out to a half empty home end.

Agree with what you say, but lets be honest its hardly inspiring to our players running out to a half empty home end.

Of course it isn't but we're not going to change that other than scaring people into believing we're one game away from closing....every week! Remember the St Mirren game?

Rammed....for one game!

I find the attitude of the fans bad mouthing non attenders without the slightest idea of their reasons for not being able to go mire embarrassing than the potential low attendance.

Not quite as embarrassing as those actually asking for Celtic fans to get extra seats though.

MacDonald Jardine

I find the attitude of the fans bad mouthing non attenders without the slightest idea of their reasons for not being able to go mire embarrassing than the potential low attendance.

Not quite as embarrassing as those actually asking for Celtic fans to get extra seats though.

The point has been made above but there mysteriously are never the same amount of people with reasons for not attending the more attractive games.

Dagger Is Back

I hate threads like this. I can totally understand why some folks CAN'T go. Work and financial reasons are major factors.

What I can't abide though is folks who call themselves Hearts supporters, not fans, who can afford to go but choose not to.

The folks that piss their money up against a wall on Fri/Sat nights after blowing fortunes on shot rounds etc. and then say they can't afford to go.

Think we need to accept that we have a hardcore support and like other teams, thousands more who are happy to jump on the semi final/final bus.

We have a real fight to navigate the Lithuanian legal process but also a real fight to keep the cash flowing.

Of course it isn't but we're not going to change that other than scaring people into believing we're one game away from closing....every week! Remember the St Mirren game?

Rammed....for one game!

Tommorows different....cup game v Celtic, club needing the money.....we SHOULD be selling this out, no excuses

The point has been made above but there mysteriously are never the same amount of people with reasons for not attending the more attractive games.

Celtic game is a big game, we sell out every time it's a league game.

The main problem is it's not included on the season ticket and some folk just won't be able to afford the extra that it costs to add it on.

MacDonald Jardine

Celtic game is a big game, we sell out every time it's a league game.

The main problem is it's not included on the season ticket and some folk just won't be able to afford the extra that it costs to add it on.

Some folk won't be able to. I don't believe only 7500 can. If the League Cup Final was still being played at this time of year would we only take 7500 to that?

It's got more to do with the fact people think we'll get humped and they can sit in the house and watch it.

Of course its up to people to decide if they can afford to go or not.

The ire is being directed at those 'Hearts fans' who just decide they fancy a day at the telly.

And it would have been embarrassing if BDO had suspected such a poor uptake from Hearts fans for this match and had in fact decided to bite the bullet and give Celtic extra tickets. What right would we have had to complain ?

26k for recent cup final with travel costs, less than 10k for a home cup tie against one of our traditionally biggest rivals.

I hate threads like this. I can totally understand why some folks CAN'T go. Work and financial reasons are major factors.

What I can't abide though is folks who call themselves Hearts supporters, not fans, who can afford to go but choose not to.

The folks that piss their money up against a wall on Fri/Sat nights after blowing fortunes on shot rounds etc. and then say they can't afford to go.

Think we need to accept that we have a hardcore support and like other teams, thousands more who are happy to jump on the semi final/final bus.

We have a real fight to navigate the Lithuanian legal process but also a real fight to keep the cash flowing.

But it's their money mate!

What right does anyone have to comment on how someone else spends their money? None,i'd say.

StanLaurel has had his/her detractors on this thread but,essentially,is correct.A lot of people's lives do not revolve about Hearts....like it or not.

Heard a lot of people use the ?? excuse. Which is good, as it'll make things a lot easier in the next week or two when the tickets for Easter Road go on sale :)

But it's their money mate!

What right does anyone have to comment on how someone else spends their money? None,i'd say.

StanLaurel has had his/her detractors on this thread but,essentially,is correct.A lot of people's lives do not revolve about Hearts....like it or not.

They can spend their money how they like.

If they are going to call themselves Hearts supporters they should do just that. SUPPORT the club in its hour of need.

They can spend their money how they like.

If they are going to call themselves Hearts supporters they should do just that. SUPPORT the club in its hour of need.

Hear you....but I would say i'm a Hearts supporter rather than a fan and if I decided not to go tomorrow(I am,for the record)for whatever reason I would be miffed at the generalisation of non-attenders tomorrow.I would bet good money there will be people missing tomorrow who pledge good money to FOH for example.There are many other examples but you get the idea.

Footballfirst

A 13,000 crowd would be a good figure.

The best guide that we have for cup crowds was the 2011/12 season when we had three home ties

8895 v Auchinleck

9185 v St Johnstone

8859 v St Mirren (q/f)

It is apparent that people don't turn up for cup ties in great numbers unless it is a final. From the figures above there is a core of around 7,500 who will turn up no matter what.

I know that there are loads of empty seats around me at league games too despite all of them having been sold as Season Tickets. I suspect that those who bought STs after the BDO appeal feel that they have done their bit and are just picking and choosing their games.

Had Bryan Jackson stood up yesterday, and indicated that the club was in an immediate crisis once again, then I think the fans would have responded. However, in saying that you can only go to the well so often before it dries up. There is a law of diminishing returns each time you ask people to dip into their pockets.

MacDonald Jardine

A 13,000 crowd would be a good figure.

The best guide that we have for cup crowds was the 2011/12 season when we had three home ties

8895 v Auchinleck

9185 v St Johnstone

8859 v St Mirren (q/f)

It is apparent that people don't turn up for cup ties in great numbers unless it is a final. From the figures above there is a core of around 7,500 who will turn up no matter what.

I know that there are loads of empty seats around me at league games too despite all of them having been sold as Season Tickets. I suspect that those who bought STs after the BDO appeal feel that they have done their bit and are just picking and choosing their games.

Had Bryan Jackson stood up yesterday, and indicated that the club was in an immediate crisis once again, then I think the fans would have responded. However, in saying that you can only go to the well so often before it dries up. There is a law of diminishing returns each time you ask people to dip into their pockets.

If you factor in the Celtic support even a 13000 crowd would probably mean less Hearts fans than the two Saints games.

If you factor in the Celtic support even a 13000 crowd would probably mean less Hearts fans than the two Saints games.

They'll only get 3500 tomorrow.

How many season ticket holders bought them via the finance route!!!! These people are most unlikely to be able too afford a ticket.

It has been mentioned about " TRUE" Supporters etc... I would actually say that people who dont go too games but yet are paying monthly fees are as "TRUE" a supporter as you will find... I mean what have they got to gain from it other than seeing The Club they Love Survive, Think its time too give up the cheap shot chat and let people do whatever they want to do.

MacDonald Jardine

How many season ticket holders bought them via the finance route!!!! These people are most unlikely to be able too afford a ticket.

It has been mentioned about " TRUE" Supporters etc... I would actually say that people who dont go too games but yet are paying monthly fees are as "TRUE" a supporter as you will find... I mean what have they got to gain from it other than seeing The Club they Love Survive, Think its time too give up the cheap shot chat and let people do whatever they want to do.

Yes and a lot of them are abroad, There won't be many putting money in monthly who aren't gong tomorrow I suspect.

Yes and a lot of them are abroad, There won't be many putting money in monthly who aren't gong tomorrow I suspect.

You may be surprised

For what it's worth, I am a season ticket holder who lives in the west. I will be watching the game on tv for a number of reasons. Like most people I have to budget and half of what I spend on a ticket (minus stadium expenses) will go to Celtic anyway. I think we are unlikely to win tomorrow (though for financial reasons a draw would bedecent result). I would rather keep my cash to give to FOH when necessary and when the time comes that they need it.

This thread is full of idiots judging and dictating to people. I can afford to go but I'm not.

You might not abide me, but you know what I don't care. I've been a season ticket holder for more than 40 years, was (am?) a long standing shareholder, bought new shares when Romanov came pleading this time last year, and pay a direct debit to FOH, and this season attended the Queens and Wolfsburg home games and I'll be there next season no matter what. I'd rather give the club ?20 than give a portion of it to the other lot, which is what will happen with all the gate receipts tomorrow.

I will be along tomorrow, but find it distasteful to judge folks nonattendence as a measure of what level of fan they are. As previously stated, some of those having deductions from their salaries, do not attend every game, for whatever reason. I suspect some individuals involved, behind the FOH may not be able to attend, does that mean they don't measure up as "supporters". Its sad when you feel you have give a reason/excuse for not going to a game. I choose to go tomorrow, not because i'm told to go!

This thread is full of idiots judging and dictating to people. I can afford to go but I'm not.

You might not abide me, but you know what I don't care. I've been a season ticket holder for more than 40 years, was (am?) a long standing shareholder, bought new shares when Romanov came pleading this time last year, and pay a direct debit to FOH, and this season attended the Queens and Wolfsburg home games and I'll be there next season no matter what. I'd rather give the club ?20 than give a portion of it to the other lot, which is what will happen with all the gate receipts tomorrow.

:spoton:

Dagger Is Back

See I don't get that. A guy who has put his money into the club over a long period of years, but you seem to be missing tomorrow because of a desire to deny Celtic a share of your ?20.

You went to the Queens game when we shared the receipts so what's different this time round?

MacDonald Jardine

See I don't get that. A guy who has put his money into the club over a long period of years, but you seem to be missing tomorrow because of a desire to deny Celtic a share of your ?20.

You went to the Queens game when we shared the receipts so what's different this time round?

In fact part of his season ticket money over the 40 odd years would have gone to Celtic (and Hibs and Rangers).

Dagger Is Back

In fact part of his season ticket money over the 40 odd years would have gone to Celtic (and Hibs and Rangers).

Indeed it would.

Pant wetters, my favourite.

I'm adding to my pledge and I'm not going tomorrow, bang me.

I distinctly remember the last time I got tickets v this mob in a "get behind the team" moment only to be told to gtf when the next match happened to be the final.

I'll suit myself thanks.

At the end of the day I appreciate people who don't want to take their kids and it's on the tele.

I think the opposition is the key here. If its Hibs = sell out. No doubt.

I'll be there tomorrow (as always) screaming my heart out.

I respect everyone's right to spend or not spend their hard earned as they see fit.

What cant be disputed is that a failure to amass 10000 fans in our end tomorrow reflects badly on us as a support.

Hearts should turn around and give all fans that attend 50 loyalty points each for the next 5 years and send letters thanking them for supporting the team in its time of need. No excuse for not going!!

Just read a report from the green brigade that it is Celtic supporters who are filling the jails and courtrooms because of their opposition to the Offence Behaviour at Football Act. That's great news. Hope there are still 3,500 of them at large to boost our coffers tomorrow. Also hope they bring along some more offensive banners to bring themselves and their club into further disrepute.

winston churchill

Hearts should turn around and give all fans that attend 50 loyalty points each for the next 5 years and send letters thanking them for supporting the team in its time of need. No excuse for not going!!

Cheaper sending them an email,and save on a stamp.

I honestly hate these threads where supporters trash each other & stupid ideas like this get spouted around. I'm an ST holder (for more than 20years) & shareholder from way back. Unfortunately I'm currently 8142 miles from Tynie as the crow flies so no I won't be there today. People like me who have to travel for work, offshore workers, businessmen etc can still, and do support Hearts and often have to endure the agony of missing out on the games you would love to be at but still go to every game they can. I've seen Hearts lift the cup twice but missed out on the biggest win in our history because of work (although I was there for the semi) Do you think that I enjoyed that?

Why should we be dishing out 50 loyalty points for somebody going to a game today? How much squealing went on here just a few weeks back when the ER tickets went on sale and half of kickback it seemed didn't have enough LP's for a ticket. I had enough to get mine at the first sale because I don't miss a game when I'm home.

You need to wind your neck in before you go rattling the keyboard and spout garbage, then again, maybe it's your first game for a while and your needing a way of getting a few LP's for yourself.

Fxxx the SPFL

I respect everyone's right to spend or not spend their hard earned as they see fit.

What cant be disputed is that a failure to amass 10000 fans in our end tomorrow reflects badly on us as a support.

totally agree with your sentiments and not only that wouldn't surprise me if some of the mhanks are dotted around the old stand i have seen that before. Forget about money going to celtic it also goes to us as well and as BDO have alluded money is still required to keep the club going forward.

This thread got a bit silly. If you are going to the pub today to watch the game, have fun. If you are staying at home to watch it with your family because you dont want to take the kids, enjoy. If, like me, you have decided to buy a ticket, go along to Tynecastle and cheer the lads on to beating the Mhanky Mhob, lets make some noise. Whatever you are doing today lets support the team and get into the next round! HHGH

We should have gave the vermin the wheatfield (or more ticket in general) to get more cash in as our lot don't fancy it. I dislike ceptic more than any team on the planet but why not if we don't have enough supporters. I know the reasons why people don't want these ###### in Gorgie never mind giving them another stand but moneys money eh?.

The thing is we normally sell out against them. For some reason people are using shan excuses for not coming.

This might be a daft question but I have an e-ticket which I can print out but as a season ticket holder is it also added to my card meaning that I don't need to print it out?

This might be a daft question but I have an e-ticket which I can print out but as a season ticket holder is it also added to my card meaning that I don't need to print it out?

I'm going to say yes. If you have a season ticket any cup games you buy just get put on to your card. Did you sign in and use your Ref. number when buying it?

This thread got a bit silly. If you are going to the pub today to watch the game, have fun. If you are staying at home to watch it with your family because you dont want to take the kids, enjoy. If, like me, you have decided to buy a ticket, go along to Tynecastle and cheer the lads on to beating the Mhanky Mhob, lets make some noise. Whatever you are doing today lets support the team and get into the next round! HHGH

Agree. I would also add that football should be played on a Saturday, I hate Sunday games...However I will be there today as I wouldn't miss a home cup game against this mob...C,mon the Hearts

Archived