Celtic Dot Count

mainstandjambo

Had a look at e-tickets and it would take ages to sit and count all the green dots. Pretty embarrasing really considering its a cup game against Celtic at home.

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply
loveofthegame

Huge number left. It is ridiculous.

Club still in financial trouble and we have a Scottish cup game v Celtic (huge regardless of financial predicament) and looks like we've shifted about 7,500 home tickets.dont care what others think I'm embarrassed by that.

Club still in financial trouble and we have a Scottish cup game v Celtic (huge regardless of financial predicament) and looks like we've shifted about 7,500 home tickets.dont care what others think I'm embarrassed by that.

Imagine if we were to win and make it to the semis or final. All those who are 'entitled to a ticket' will soon make their voices heard.

I'm sick and tired of hearing all the excuses for not going to certain games. Then as soon we reach semi finals or finals all the excuses seem to be brushed under the carpet. I had people begging me for tickets for 19/5/12 and offering to pay hundreds of pounds but they can't go to games like this? The Gorgie Stand looks half full at best.

loveofthegame

I'm sick and tired of hearing all the excuses for not going to certain games. Then as soon we reach semi finals or finals all the excuses seem to be brushed under the carpet. I had people begging me for tickets for 19/5/12 and offering to pay hundreds of pounds but they can't go to games like this? The Gorgie Stand looks half full at best.

A and B of the Wheatfirld near empty too. All old stand showing as "available" except 2 sections towards gorgie which are "limited availability"

A and B of the Wheatfirld near empty too. All old stand showing as "available" except 2 sections towards gorgie which are "limited availability"

Correct and the only reason those two sections in the Main Stand are 'limited availability' is because it's in the lower section and we don't sell many tickets there due to what happened with Mr Lennon a few years ago.

Nelly Terraces

Honestly thought we'd sell about 10thou for this, to sell only 7.5k is pretty dire, know lots of people can't make it for certain reasons, but also know there's people who are just tightwads and half hearted pricks who will crawl out the woodwork when it suits.

The Treasurer

I've heard a lot of "fans" using the excuse that "we've no chance" as a reason for not going. I had a quick think back and if I'd applied that way of thinking then I'd have missed, off the top of my head, '98 cup final, '12 semi final, Bayern Munich at Tynecastle, Leipzig just to name but a few. So I'm very glad I don't have that pathetic attitude.

Bottom line is that our club is in desperate need of cash and tommorow was a perfect opportunity to raise extra funds.......looks like we will have a poor backing tommorow but no doubt the stay away so called fans will be back on here slagging the players tommorow night.

Carl Weathers

Honestly thought we'd sell about 10thou for this, to sell only 7.5k is pretty dire, know lots of people can't make it for certain reasons, but also know there's people who are just tightwads and half hearted pricks who will crawl out the woodwork when it suits.

This. 7.5k if accurate is woeful.

Dagger Is Back

Just back from the TO. I was there for 10 minutes and apart from one soul buying boxers for her hubbys Xmas, the place was empty.

Maybe they're all going tomorrow.

Totally agree with you its a disgrace considering the urgent need for cash.

A Scottish Cup tie with Celtic at reduced prices and not even all of our season ticket holders are prepared to buy their seats. I'm disgusted and next time I have a spare ticket for a big match I'll be asking where were you on 01/12/2013 ?

This. 7.5k if accurate is woeful.

That's the amount of tickets people are estimating bought in the Hearts end so far. Probably end up an attendance around 11,000 in total which although not great is not a disgrace with the game on BBC.

Carl Weathers

That's the amount of tickets people are estimating bought in the Hearts end so far. Probably end up an attendance around 11,000 in total which although not great is not a disgrace with the game on BBC.

Bearing in mind our current situation I do find it a disgrace. Tickets are priced very fairly. Of course some people simply don't have the money and my seethe is not directed at them. I think there's a lot of fair weather fans who aren't commited (remember season ticket waiting lists in 2006).

I hope we win tomorrow and those who decided not to go for pathetic reasons are absoulety sick that they missed the game.

Captain Sausage

Gutted I can't make it. Shetland is a bit of a killer for travelling.

Brother and all my pals with be there. Without me :jjno:

and not even all of our season ticket holders are prepared to buy their seats.

I know money is tight for many people just now but it would be disappointing if this ended up the case

I hope we win tomorrow and those who decided not to go for pathetic reasons are absoulety sick that they missed the game.

This.

Bearing in mind our current situation I do find it a disgrace. Tickets are priced very fairly. Of course some people simply don't have the money and my seethe is not directed at them. I think there's a lot of fair weather fans who aren't commited (remember season ticket waiting lists in 2006).

I am disappointed, particularly after the events yesterday, which was then tempered by the need to keep the cash flowing into the business We have done brilliantly to keep the club alive, but why stop now?

Will those people really be sick though?

Watching it in their house or pub in the warmth.

They'll prob take as much pleasure in the victory as you or I at the game.

My works day out is tomorrow but I told the guys I'd meet up with them all later, they are meeting at 12 and will be pretty well gone by the time I get there but I didn't want to miss this.

Am I missing something? We hold a fundraising game against Wolfburg and only 5,575 turn up. I'd say that's more disappointing than the ticket sales for a match where the gate receipts will be shared with Celtic. If you are not going to the match but want to donate, do so, but not by buying a ticket as a proportion will only end up in the pockets of a very rich organisation that treats us like dirt whenever we go to their place.

Offshore but still bought my seat and gave it to the old man.

Thought this one would be close to see out.

Far too many bandwagon fans amongst our support.

Disappointed by the number of tickets left in the home end. I sit in N3 and the section is normally pretty full this season after being empty for the majority of last season. Tomorrow however it looks like there will be barely anyone sat in there! The only positive I can think of for this is that the people going are really up for this and will be making a lot of noise regardless of the poor crowd and the bile coming from their end.

Will those people really be sick though?

Watching it in their house or pub in the warmth.

They'll prob take as much pleasure in the victory as you or I at the game.

My works day out is tomorrow but I told the guys I'd meet up with them all later, they are meeting at 12 and will be pretty well gone by the time I get there but I didn't want to miss this.

There is no substitute for being at the game in my opinion. Fair play to you for going.

If we do play out of our skins tomorrow and pull off a win I hope BBC suffer a breakdown in service between 3.00pm and 5.00pm.

PurfJambo1902

Extremely dissapointed with the amount of green dots left. Reduced prices, sensible KO time, after Friday a match that if we get behind the team we can win. And its celtic!!! Celtic at home is always a cracker....hope to see a few less green dots later on this evening. :uhoh2:

Italian Lambretta

I think the poor ticket sales are down to a few factors

The shitebags we're playing

Current season ticket holders are too lazy to renew their seats for a cup game

Most people are skint

Sad but thats the reality of it

There is no substitute for being at the game in my opinion. Fair play to you for going.

I agree mate but tv Is ruining the game from an attendance point of view.

I agree mate but tv Is ruining the game from an attendance point of view.

We played them in September and the crowd was 15928 and the game was live on television.

Balgreenjambo

I'm taking the wee man and its his 1st game against celtic but he was reluctant to go as he is a bit scared,he is 9,but I managed to talk him round.i wouldn't be surprised if there are other parents who have the same issue.I also think a few will give it a miss as the bhest fhans in the world will have most of the day to get steaming and create a war zone like they did at Dens park last year.

portobellojambo1

Sounds to me like you are judging people. Why should it be a sell out? We have our poorest team in years, it's live on TV and Christmas is less than a month away.

Why not just accept the number of tickets we've sold and stop moaning about it?

Not been following this thread, and have just been reading through it for the first time. Maybe I shouldn't have bothered. When you see posts like this you start thinking to yourself, maybe we should have just told BDO not to bother, pack your bags and go, you are wasting your time, HMFC are not worth trying to save. If people had brains between their lugs then on discovering this game was on the telly that should have encouraged them even more to actually get a ticket for the game rather than sit at home and watch it. Tickets sold, a near full house, plus TV money would be a massive boost to HMFC's coffers, because lets not beat about the bush, we could still run out of money, and cease trading before everything has been tied up. Instead we are in a position where the number of tickets we have actually sold means we are getting little to no additional benefit from it being on TV. As for the team being crap, supporters shouldn't take that into consideration, you support your club whatever the situation, and the days when the performances are shit make the memorable victories and cup successes even more enjoyable.

The main thing I will take out of the likes of this fixture, the recent friendly and our Scottish League Cup ties is an opinion on ticket pricing. And if giving my opinion, in a future vote for example, I would say we should not consider dropping prices, because HMFC fans do not react to such benefits favourably. The club reduced the prices, when they didn't have to and are now paying the price because it appears that the major deciding factor on whether many attended or not would be if the game was on TV (while it would be unfortunate for those who genuinely cannot get to Tynecastle tomorrow it would put a smile on my face if I discovered late tomorrow afternoon the match hadn't been screened due to technical difficulties). What every fan should have been looking at was that money as a bonus, and tried to pack out Tynecastle, not an excuse for them not to go.

Not been following this thread, and have just been reading through it for the first time. Maybe I shouldn't have bothered. When you see posts like this you start thinking to yourself, maybe we should have just told BDO not to bother, pack your bags and go, you are wasting your time, HMFC are not worth trying to save. If people had brains between their lugs then on discovering this game was on the telly that should have encouraged them even more to actually get a ticket for the game rather than sit at home and watch it. Tickets sold, a near full house, plus TV money would be a massive boost to HMFC's coffers, because lets not beat about the bush, we could still run out of money, and cease trading before everything has been tied up. Instead we are in a position where the number of tickets we have actually sold means we are getting little to no additional benefit from it being on TV. As for the team being crap, supporters shouldn't take that into consideration, you support your club whatever the situation, and the days when the performances are shit make the memorable victories and cup successes even more enjoyable.

The main thing I will take out of the likes of this fixture, the recent friendly and our Scottish League Cup ties is an opinion on ticket pricing. And if giving my opinion, in a future vote for example, I would say we should not consider dropping prices, because HMFC fans do not react to such benefits favourably. The club reduced the prices, when they didn't have to and are now paying the price because it appears that the major deciding factor on whether many attended or not would be if the game was on TV (while it would be unfortunate for those who genuinely cannot get to Tynecastle tomorrow it would put a smile on my face if I discovered late tomorrow afternoon the match hadn't been screened due to technical difficulties). What every fan should have been looking at was that money as a bonus, and tried to pack out Tynecastle, not an excuse for them not to go.

Spot on. The post from StanLaurel is about as an embarrasing as the amount of tickets sold for tomorrow.

weekend offender

We should have gave the vermin the wheatfield (or more ticket in general) to get more cash in as our lot don't fancy it. I dislike ceptic more than any team on the planet but why not if we don't have enough supporters. I know the reasons why people don't want these ###### in Gorgie never mind giving them another stand but moneys money eh?.

I wonder what the seethe would have been like had we given Celtic fans an extra stand.

No way of knowing but I bet the non attenders would have been among the loudest complainers.

We might aswell accept the fact that there are people that attend games when the goings good....when times are tough people stay away.....not for me that attitude, it wouldnt matter how we play or what division we play in Hearts are our team and its days like tommorow that they need our full backing....pity some folk would rather watch it from the pub/couch.

Real fans will be inside Tynecastle tomorrow. Those who tell the world they are Jambos but actually fail to answer their clubs hour of need will spark a beer in front of the TV tell their poor wife they are the greatest Jambo that ever lived and turn the fecking game over if/or/when the game goes breast skywards when the chips are down. I have said it from the get go on this admin debacle the one thing that will kill this romantic wonderful football club of ours will be apathy. If you can go and you have chosen not to then shame on you!

Against my bank balances better judgement, I've decided to go.

It seems to be all the baby boomers getting their knickers in a twist, not considering how tough it can be for a lot of people effectively running at a loss every month.

Petrol, food and rent for some is sickeningly expensive.

I get that Cup games attract lower crowds everywhere as STs are not valid.

Folk dont want to spend extra for their football especially when the games on telly.

But we are in dire straights the financial battle is not yet won. What sort of message is being sent out when fans wont even buy a ticket for home cup tie against Celtic ?

weekend offender

I wonder what the seethe would have been like had we given Celtic fans an extra stand.

No way of knowing but I bet the non attenders would have been among the loudest complainers.

Yeh that's how I see as well mate. Really disappointed at the amount of tickets we've not sold considering the state of Hearts fc

Captain Canada

There's some real nonsense posted on here at times. People will have their own reasons for not buying tickets and that's nobody else's business as far as I'm concerned. Of course it would be great to have a sell out at this game but Hearts are not the no.1 priority in everyone's lives.

I've done more than my fair share to help keep the club afloat in the last year but I fully understand why many others have not been able to do the same. This 'real fans' will be at the game tomorrow is utter garbage. Some 'real' fans like me are still paying up credit card bills after bailing the club out on every occasion we've been asked to.

What about people who will go to this game but not the next home match against 'lesser' opposition? Are they real fans or not? I have to pick and choose the games I go to unfortunately because of finances and personally I'd rather go to one where Hearts were going to get all the money rather than just half!

The real embarrassment is the way some fans judge others on here. Write any old p*sh you want in reply but I'm not even going to bother reading it.

Unless more seats in the gorgie and main stands have been released i messed up the last count. I now make it Wheatfield 2062 Gorgie 1772 Main 1676 Total 5510.

I get that Cup games attract lower crowds everywhere as STs are not valid.

Folk dont want to spend extra for their football especially when the games on telly.

But we are in dire straights the financial battle is not yet won. What sort of message is being sent out when fans wont even buy a ticket for home cup tie against Celtic ?

I think the problem is that a lot of fans don't realise this. Bryan Jackson made it clear yesterday that there could still be cash-flow problems ahead and tomorrow's game is a great chance to give the finances a bit of a boost. Anything short of 10,000 in the home end will be very disappointing IMO.

There's some real nonsense posted on here at times. People will have their own reasons for not buying tickets and that's nobody else's business as far as I'm concerned. Of course it would be great to have a sell out at this game but Hearts are not the no.1 priority in everyone's lives.

I've done more than my fair share to help keep the club afloat in the last year but I fully understand why many others have not been able to do the same. This 'real fans' will be at the game tomorrow is utter garbage. Some 'real' fans like me are still paying up credit card bills after bailing the club out on every occasion we've been asked to.

What about people who will go to this game but not the next home match against 'lesser' opposition? Are they real fans or not? I have to pick and choose the games I go to unfortunately because of finances and personally I'd rather go to one where Hearts were going to get all the money rather than just half!

The real embarrassment is the way some fans judge others on here. Write any old p*sh you want in reply but I'm not even going to bother reading it.

Agree with this.

Yeh that's how I see as well mate. Really disappointed at the amount of tickets we've not sold considering the state of Hearts fc

I'm normally the first to make excuses for fans deciding to give games a miss due to cost ,KO time etc but I am genuinely staggered by the poor response to this game. Its changed my opinion about the Hearts support and I will not be so quick to laugh at the Hobos for their 8000 against ICT. When BDO or anyone else starts praising the efforts of the Hearts fans in raising cash they should remember its the same 8/9000

fans all the time. The rest are freeloaders IMO.

Archived