Celtic Dot Count

mainstandjambo

Why is it such an issue ? Are you joking....our clubs on its arse and needs all the money it can get so its a massive issue that we have a big support for games like these.

While that is a valid point, people have lives that can't revolve around HMFC 24/7

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm working Sunday.

I could have got the day off to go to the game, but then I'd have lost out on a days wage and had to pay out for a ticket and, no doubt, beer.

If it was against Hibs and I thought we had a chance of winning and it therefore being an enjoyable day out, I'd go for it, but unfortunately I think we'll probably get well beaten, and I can't really justify the turnaround of ?100 for the pleasure of watching it in person when it'll be on the telly at work anyway. I still might pay for a ticket and not go, just to give the club the dough, though.

I have no problem with people picking and choosing games on that basis. Hearts, and every other club, have to do more to make it an enjoyable day out to attract new fans and keep others who have trouble justifying the expense to themselves, wives, husbands, kids etc.

Another defeatist post....if it was a game we would win i would go, madness.

Another defeatist post....if it was a game we would win i would go, madness.

aye, **** it.

You give me 100 quid and I'm there

mainstandjambo

Latest dot count

Wheatfield - 2645

Gorgie - 1840

Main - 1826

Total - 6311

I must admit to an error when I did the first count on Monday, I forgot to include Section G. So the total available seats at that stage was over 7000. Assuming Celtic sell out their allocation and ticket sales continue at levels of last 2 days we could be about 4,500 short of a full house.

Latest dot count

Wheatfield - 2645

Gorgie - 1840

Main - 1826

Total - 6311

I must admit to an error when I did the first count on Monday, I forgot to include Section G. So the total available seats at that stage was over 7000. Assuming Celtic sell out their allocation and ticket sales continue at levels of last 2 days we could be about 4,500 short of a full house.

Horrendous support.

I'd let it go,mate.

You ain't going to shame anyone into going on Sunday.

As ever with these threads,the more intelligent posters...ahem!...predicted a turn out lower than the "sell-out....no problem" posts recently.

As ever,the fans seem to get it in the neck from irate individuals when the real culprit is T.V.

How the hell can you criticise someone for choosing the box with some beers rather than forking out to travel to the game...some people good distances.

If we did get to the final...big,big ask!....I would expect most of these folks to get tickets.Not a problem in my book.

I'd let it go,mate.

As ever with these threads,the more intelligent posters...ahem!...predicted a turn out lower than the "sell-out....no problem" posts recently.

As ever,the fans seem to get it in the neck from irate individuals when the real culprit is T.V.

How the hell can you criticise someone for choosing the box with some beers rather than forking out to travel to the game...some people good distances.

If we did get to the final...big,big ask!....I would expect most of these folks to get tickets.Not a problem in my book.

Its a 3pm kick off against Celtic and our clubs on its arse and in desperate need for cash....lets be honest it could be one of our last ever games if a cva is rejected and people would rather sit in the house.....piss poor for me but if you think different fair enough.

Would imagine a lot of folk get paid in the next couple of days.

Just another excuse, etc, etc.

If I only went to games we were likely to win the number would be tiny.

For a start I'd have missed the 98 cup final and last year's semi.

To be fair I fully understand your situation, and good on you for travelling from afar but living within a reasonable distance it would never cross my mind not to attend. I cant see anything other than a celtic victory but the club needs all the support it can muster.

For the avoidance of ambiguity I am going to the game much more in hope than in anticipation

51 (I love this number) attending on behalf of Longniddry Villa 2005s and 2006s on Sunday, as our kids are The Halftime Heroes ! The kids are mega excited and I'm privately hoping to convert one or two of them to the Jambo cause !

Just another excuse, etc, etc.

heh heh heh!

I would also wager a bet that the friendly game also put a few folk in the position that a ticket for the Tic game will need to wait until there is more money in their bank.

Its a 3pm kick off against Celtic and our clubs on its arse and in desperate need for cash....lets be honest it could be one of our last ever games if a cva is rejected and people would rather sit in the house.....piss poor for me but if you think different fair enough.

In a way you're right.

Friday is a hugely more important day than Sunday.That doesn't really help in this debate although would a good day on Friday help sales?

Debatable.

In a way you're right.

Friday is a hugely more important day than Sunday.That doesn't really help in this debate although would a good day on Friday help sales?

Debatable.

I think if Fridays vote goes well it could add extra bums on seats but i wont hold my breath.

Just got my ticket and shocked to see a sea of green available seats in G. Hopefully a few last minute sales but tv is the devil.

Apparently sir Rudolph flying in tomorrow for some foh promo work and will be a guest on Sunday...Will this put a few bums on seats?

Take a holiday and your there.

No.

By the way, I see your point also.

I'm simply making the point that I can't justify spending the money and going to the game and I'm fairly sure there are a lot of people in the same boat as me.

MacDonald Jardine

I'm working Sunday.

I could have got the day off to go to the game, but then I'd have lost out on a days wage and had to pay out for a ticket and, no doubt, beer.

If it was against Hibs and I thought we had a chance of winning and it therefore being an enjoyable day out, I'd go for it, but unfortunately I think we'll probably get well beaten, and I can't really justify the turnaround of ?100 for the pleasure of watching it in person when it'll be on the telly at work anyway. I still might pay for a ticket and not go, just to give the club the dough, though.

I have no problem with people picking and choosing games on that basis. Hearts, and every other club, have to do more to make it an enjoyable day out to attract new fans and keep others who have trouble justifying the expense to themselves, wives, husbands, kids etc.

And do you think everyone else is working on a Sunday afternoon and can't afford 20 pounds?

After your last post thought I'd make it clear it wasn't a dig. Most folk aren't working.

gorgie rd eh11

Horrendous support.

Give it a rest. :stuart:

I've asked this before but no-one seemed to be sure. Do we get a share of this tv money? If we do, and you add that to 70k from the morons, it will still be not a bad pay day.

We may also get a favourable draw in the next round against a respectable opponent.

MacDonald Jardine

I've asked this before but no-one seemed to be sure. Do we get a share of this tv money? If we do, and you add that to 70k from the morons, it will still be not a bad pay day.

We may also get a favourable draw in the next round against a respectable opponent.

Not if we lose in front of a piss poor crowd we won't.

Anyway if we get a respectable opponent should we not expect to lose that game too?

Being on TV is the main issue for a poor uptake in tickets for this one.

Pathetic excuse, though. All season ticket holders should be there as should a good fair few of the 00000s who wanted tickets for the Cup Final.

I remember at the start of the season when a friendly against Rangers was mentioned and people said, "Who needs that bunch?? Give us a game against any junior team and we will sell out as our fans know we need the money!" What happened there? (For the record: that is not a pro-pre-season friendly v Rangers post, its a "Where are our fans when we need them?" one)

I don't expect anything other than defeat, but come 3pm on Sunday I will no doubt be uber confident that we can pull off an upset.

The crowd does appear to be disappointing, expecially with the 3pm KO and the very decent pricing. Understandably most fear defeat, but those same people must have been absolutely gutted to have not been at Hampden to see Beattie score that penalty.

It would be a tremendous victory if we were to do it and not one I'd want to risk missing out on enjoying in the flesh.

MacDonald Jardine

Pathetic excuse, though. All season ticket holders should be there as should a good fair few of the 00000s who wanted tickets for the Cup Final.

I remember at the start of the season when a friendly against Rangers was mentioned and people said, "Who needs that bunch?? Give us a game against any junior team and we will sell out as our fans know we need the money!" What happened there? (For the record: that is not a pro-pre-season friendly v Rangers post, its a "Where are our fans when we need them?" one)

We apparently don't need fans now.

Sergio Garcia

As much as its 3pm, its 3pm on a Sunday so those who use public transport from outwith the local Edinburgh area have a much tougher time getting to and from the game.

For instance I'll have to get the bus to Lanark and go via Glasgow to get to Haymarket which is a nightmare. Leaving at half 10 and getting into Edinburgh around half 1, the return journey has me leaving Haymarket at half 5 going via Glasgow and getting home around half 8.

The worst thing about it will be the fact that my travelling companions will be Celtic fans in every train carriage. I can't blame folk for thinking feck that and watching it on the TV and saving travel costs and hassle.

kettering jam tart

I'd let it go,mate.

Agree 100% with this post. TV is the killer. The game at tannadice next week is not on TV so i will attend to that instead. Im not saying that every TV game that is on i dont go to, its just the fact that the timing could be much worse for a long distance travel with work the next morning!

Captain Canada

If people can buy a ticket then great. If they can't or don't want to then that's fine by me.

All this judgement of other fans is a joke. I'm not going but don't feel bad about it. It's just an economic reality at this time of year.

Nobodys judging anybody, more just pointing out how pathetic ticket sales are for this match. Given our circumstances and the fact that its a cup.match against the champions it SHOULD be a sell out. It just seems that by pointing that out it has hit a nerve with a few.

I don't really get all the teeth gnashing. It's currently Friday. Tickets are still on sale. If people have a sliding scale of what they expect to see in terms of sold seats one day before the game, two days before the game, three days before the game, etc, then please post it.

I'm a season ticket holder and I'm going, but then I only stay a twenty-five minute drive away in Livingston and going means I don't need to go along to the in-laws for dinner.

Its a chance for us to get the SFA out if a pickle with the Cup Final at Parkhead.

Go on the Jambos. Get yourselves to Tynie and make it happen.

PS - I retain my right to decide at 2.50 to stay in the pub.

gorgie rd eh11

Calling the Hearts support horrendous after what they've done over the last year or so is a good point though.

:teehee:

Calling the Hearts support horrendous after what they've done over the last year or so is a good point though.

:teehee:

I was talking about the amount of tickets sold for Sunday and you know i was.

I don't really get all the teeth gnashing. It's currently Friday. Tickets are still on sale. If people have a sliding scale of what they expect to see in terms of sold seats one day before the game, two days before the game, three days before the game, etc, then please post it.

I'm a season ticket holder and I'm going, but then I only stay a twenty-five minute drive away in Livingston and going means I don't need to go along to the in-laws for dinner.

Godammit, where did Thursday go? :-)

Send me a PM with the Euromillions numbers mate.

Nobodys judging anybody, more just pointing out how pathetic ticket sales are for this match. Given our circumstances and the fact that its a cup.match against the champions it SHOULD be a sell out. It just seems that by pointing that out it has hit a nerve with a few.

Excellent diagnosis!

Godammit, where did Thursday go? :-)

Was thinking this myself, just had to double check haha.

Send me a PM with the Euromillions numbers mate.

It's been one of those weeks. And you've no idea how pissed off I now am to know that there's still another working day to go! But at least there's one more day to sell tickets than I thought there was. Anyway, back to the TARDIS. Galaxies to save and all that.

Captain Canada

Sounds to me like you are judging people. Why should it be a sell out? We have our poorest team in years, it's live on TV and Christmas is less than a month away.

Why not just accept the number of tickets we've sold and stop moaning about it?

Sounds to me like you are judging people. Why should it be a sell out? We have our poorest team in years, it's live on TV and Christmas is less than a month away.

Why not just accept the number of tickets we've sold and stop moaning about it?

Maybe the fact that we could face oblivion as early as next week might have shifted more tickets ?!

Governor Tarkin

Gnashed to the TO earlier to procure my ticket for this association football fixture.

No idea why as I honestly think we'll get well beaten but you can't miss a home cup v these pests, hopefully with a more socially reasonable kick off time people will indulge themselves in excessive alcohol imbibement thus lending itself to further increase an atmosphere of complete animosity, hatred and poison. I kinda like that at matches.

Cheers footie fans! See you Sunday!

Where you standing NT?

Secured a brace of briefs for N lower this morning. Big Baldy ejected by half time. Nap.

Its a massive game and we have a good chance. 5 goals in two games against a team vulnerable to attacking play. At some point the mistakes will stop too.

For all those coming it could be a classic game to be at.

Archived