Celtic Dot Count

mainstandjambo

Most of the rest of teams in Scotland aren't based in a city with 500,000 people living in it.

Which we share with another team .

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At times I'd agree. But at other times it's an embarassment.

To be honest AR, I am not bothered about the Scottish Cup this year as I really don't think we have a big enough squad to cope with a run in the cup and maintain a league survival challange.

Nelly Terraces

Gnashed to the TO earlier to procure my ticket for this association football fixture.

No idea why as I honestly think we'll get well beaten but you can't miss a home cup v these pests, hopefully with a more socially reasonable kick off time people will indulge themselves in excessive alcohol imbibement thus lending itself to further increase an atmosphere of complete animosity, hatred and poison. I kinda like that at matches.

Cheers footie fans! See you Sunday!

Let's hope that Celtic's latest thrashing plus one of their players finding himself in willie trouble improves the dot count over the next few days.

If anyone hasn't got their ticket and are currently swithering as to whether to go or watch it on TV I'll leave you with this thought:

You may find that one of the unwashed buys your ticket in our end.

:Icky:

Hearts Heritage

Lowest Crowd 15,000

Only ever won once at Tynecastle

1902-02-15 Sat Hearts 1-1 Celtic SC 14000 QF Thomson Charlie; link--->

1926-02-20 Sat Hearts 0-4 Celtic SC 50500 3rd link--->

1939-02-18 Sat Hearts 2-2 Celtic SC 49572 3rd Warren Freddie;Garrett Archie; link--->

1951-02-24 Sat Hearts 1-2 Celtic SC 47672 3rd Conn Snr Alfie; link--->

1962-02-17 Sat Hearts 3-4 Celtic SC 35045 3rd 15:00 Blackwood Bobby;Hamilton Johnny;Paton Danny; link--->

1966-03-05 Sat Hearts 3-3 Celtic SC 46965 QF Wallace Willie;Anderson Alan;Hamilton Johnny; link--->

1972-03-27 Mon Hearts 0-1 Celtic SC 40354 QFR link--->

1987-02-21 Sat Hearts 1-0 Celtic SC 28891 4th 15:00 Robertson John; link--->

2004-02-07 Sat Hearts 0-3 Celtic SC 15372 4th 12:15 SKY link--->

Hearts Heritage

Compared with 3 away wins

1902-02-22 Sat Celtic 2-1 Hearts SC 25000 QFR Bell Mark; link--->

1906-02-24 Sat Celtic 1-2 Hearts SC 52000 QF Walker Bobby;Menzies Alex; link--->

1913-03-08 Sat Celtic 0-1 Hearts SC 66000 QF Walker Bobby; link--->

1921-03-05 Sat Celtic 1-2 Hearts SC 37000 QF Wilson Willie;Lochhead Arthur W.; link--->

1939-02-22 Wed Celtic 2-1 Hearts SC 80840 3rdR AET Warren Freddie; link--->

1963-03-06 Wed Celtic 3-1 Hearts SC 38000 2nd Wallace Willie; link--->

1966-03-09 Wed Celtic 3-1 Hearts SC 72100 QFR Wallace Willie; link--->

1972-03-18 Sat Celtic 1-1 Hearts SC 47500 QF Renton Derek; link--->

1983-03-12 Sat Celtic 4-1 Hearts SC 25458 QF MacDonald Alex; link--->

1989-03-18 Sat Celtic 2-1 Hearts SC 46348 QF 15:00 Bannon Eamonn; link--->

2001-03-11 Sun Celtic 1-0 Hearts SC 34529 QF 14:35 SKY link--->

Hearts Heritage

And 3 'Neutral' wins

1901-04-06 Sat Celtic 3-4 Hearts SC 17000 Final Porteous William T;Bell Mark;Thomson Charlie;Bell Mark; link--->

1907-04-20 Sat Celtic 3-0 Hearts SC 50000 Final link--->

1912-03-30 Sat Celtic 3-0 Hearts SC 43000 SF link--->

1933-03-18 Sat Celtic 0-0 Hearts SC 87219 SF link--->

1933-03-22 Wed Celtic 2-1 Hearts SC 63756 SFR White John; link--->

1956-04-21 Sat Celtic 1-3 Hearts SC 133583 Final 15:00 Crawford Ian;Crawford Ian;Conn Snr Alfie; link--->

1988-04-09 Sat Celtic 2-1 Hearts SC 66466 SF 15:00 Whittaker Brian; link--->

2005-04-10 Sun Celtic 2-1 Hearts SC 38505 SF 12:15 SKY Cesnauskis Deividas; link--->

2012-04-15 Sun Celtic 1-2 Hearts SC 36609 SF 12:45 SKY Skacel Rudi;Beattie Craig pen; link--->

Just a thought about why so few tickets have been sold. Could it be possible that a lot of season ticket holders haven't realized that their ticket isn't valid for this game? I have a vision of thousands of people turning up and being directed to the ticket office resulting in chaos. Surely not.

I hope the people who don't bother buying a ticket don't come out the woodwork looking for a ticket when we get to the final.

loveofthegame

Which we share with another team .

True, but if you half Edinburgh's population it would still be the second most populated town/city in the country I believe. Plus throw in the surrounding areas of the Lothians etc.

I'm just saying our support, by number, isn't all that incredible.

In saying that, the support of those diehards in the last few years has been beyond incredible.

The fact that a certain Mr Skacel will be present in the ground should surely sell a few more tickets?

Probably coming across to tie up the loose ends on his contract for February.

I hope the people who don't bother buying a ticket don't come out the woodwork looking for a ticket when we get to the final.

Indeed, It'll be kickback loyalty point meltdown again. The I've no been since the Hibs and St Mirren finals but, but i had a ST in the 80's.....

I know it is close to xmas but if there was ever a time to get behind the team it is this year.

True, but if you half Edinburgh's population it would still be the second most populated town/city in the country I believe. Plus throw in the surrounding areas of the Lothians etc.

I'm just saying our support, by number, isn't all that incredible.

In saying that, the support of those diehards in the last few years has been beyond incredible.

I kind of agree with you but this is Edinburgh we are talking about.

Edinburgh is a city where a good % of the population have no roots in the city and a further high % are just not interested in football also there are a lot more things to do in Edinburgh on many other placesa Saturday than in

other places.

As regards Sundays match I still think there will be a late surge in ticket sales .

Any Hearts fan who can go on Sunday but simply chooses to watch it on telly can indeed GTF as far as I am concerned.

lost in leith

The fact that a certain Mr Skacel will be present in the ground should surely sell a few more tickets?

Should certainly help with sales of packages for the Bobby Walker suite as that is where Rudi will be on Saturday. Reliably informed that there are still a few left.

http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/articles/20130716/bobby-walker-suite-offers_2241460_3239353

I kind of agree with you but this is Edinburgh we are talking about.

Edinburgh is a city where a good % of the population have no roots in the city and a further high % are just not interested in football also there are a lot more things to do in Edinburgh on many other placesa Saturday than in

other places.

As regards Sundays match I still think there will be a late surge in ticket sales .

Any Hearts fan who can go on Sunday but simply chooses to watch it on telly can indeed GTF as far as I am concerned.

City population figures are not so relevant in Scotland . Majority of Scottish catholics support them . Large percentage of protestant population support the other lot . Maybe we should target humanists , atheists and agnostics ? Think the mutant fanbase is already spoken for

Unless there's a big last minute rush we will struggle to get a crowd of 10K, I've got mine though.

Celtic will sell out their end (unfortunately), and I reckon with it being pay day weekend people are leaving it till the last minute.

13,000 attendance IMO. Still pretty poor.

kettering jam tart

Indeed, It'll be kickback loyalty point meltdown again. The I've no been since the Hibs and St Mirren finals but, but i had a ST in the 80's.....

I know it is close to xmas but if there was ever a time to get behind the team it is this year.

To be honest you have to look at the bigger picture sometimes. Like i dont want to go on Sunday because the thought of losing and travelling for 4 hours home is enough to make anyone sick, the fact its a sunday dosent help either. The fact it cost 200 quid when its on TV dosent appeal to me either.

I can watch it at home and have a few beers and watch the game from there and save 200 quid ready for tannadice the week after. The concern has to be the uptake in local people coming out to support the team that live within an hour of tynecastle, but then again i cant speak for others and the TV factor is a massive influence on why people probably arent buying!!

Scottish Cup tie against Celtic, 3pm kick off, Hearts on the brink and needing cash badly.......and some fans dont fancy it, what a complete joke....same fans time and time again bailing the club out !!

kettering jam tart

Scottish Cup tie against Celtic, 3pm kick off, Hearts on the brink and needing cash badly.......and some fans dont fancy it, what a complete joke....same fans time and time again bailing the club out !!

Alright then. You pay my train fare, digs, beer and i will buy my match ticket. i spend more watching hearts all season than alot i can assure you that.

queensferryjambo

Sales will pick up. I know a lot of people who are waiting on pay day. I still have to get my tickets and will do Friday.

Alright then. You pay my train fare, digs, beer and i will buy my match ticket. i spend more watching hearts all season than alot i can assure you that.

Did i say you individually ? We have a core support of 7-8000 and nobody can disagree with that, people just dont fancy Sunday cos we could take a doing....whats that all about ?

weekend offender

Ha ha ha my favourite game's of the season are against these ############.People who don't fancy it fair enough everyone has there reasons and shouldn't be criticised imo. We have as a group spent a fortune in the last wee while. I love game's when there's a big noisy away support (even them) I think it will be a full house after fri/sat when folk get wages. There are a lot of tickets left lets hope none of the rhats are in OUR end cause there will be bother. It'll be like the dam all over again for those ###########

To be honest you have to look at the bigger picture sometimes. Like i dont want to go on Sunday because the thought of losing and travelling for 4 hours home is enough to make anyone sick, the fact its a sunday dosent help either. The fact it cost 200 quid when its on TV dosent appeal to me either.

I can watch it at home and have a few beers and watch the game from there and save 200 quid ready for tannadice the week after. The concern has to be the uptake in local people coming out to support the team that live within an hour of tynecastle, but then again i cant speak for others and the TV factor is a massive influence on why people probably arent buying!!

Great effort. If it cost he ?200 per game Mrs Vintage would be putting a stop to me going to many games :bow: Like others have said hopefully there will be some fans who will buy their tickets late. I wish the SFA would get this round of the cup back to the traditional January date.

Just logged into etickets to check availability (was waiting til I get paid tomorrow before buying a ticket) and was shocked at the amount of green on show! I imagine there's a fair few like me who are waiting until payday but I still expected a lot more to have been sold for a Celtic game.

winston churchill

Paying top dollar to watch Locke & dinosaur bill's hoofball in the freezing cold.

Or watch it for free on the big telly in Winston's den.

It's a tough one.

loveofthegame

Paying top dollar to watch Locke & dinosaur bill's hoofball in the freezing cold.

It's a tough one.

Just as well some of us care more about supporting the team and the club than you do eh Winny...

It's a tough one.

Did we win the war?

MacDonald Jardine

What did frozen mean? That any new owners will have to pay BDO there money after takeover?

Lets be honest, however they spin it, large multinational corporate organisations do not deal in goodwill. The are obliged to squeeze the maximum amount of profit from any of their clients.

It means they'll charge up to a certain amount then not charge any more.

I'm not sure what's so difficult about it.

I doubt being in administration was in anyone's mind as they went to games as a kid but if you want your own kids and grandkids to dp the same we need the money.

To be fair I fully understand your situation, and good on you for travelling from afar but living within a reasonable distance it would never cross my mind not to attend. I cant see anything other than a celtic victory but the club needs all the support it can muster.

MacDonald Jardine

To be fair I fully understand your situation, and good on you for travelling from afar but living within a reasonable distance it would never cross my mind not to attend. I cant see anything other than a celtic victory but the club needs all the support it can muster.

If I only went to games we were likely to win the number would be tiny.

For a start I'd have missed the 98 cup final and last year's semi.

It's a tough one.

Why not go and marvel at the free flowing brand of football that Celtic play?

It's a tough one.

Top dollar...a score, time to get a new job mate.

Did i say you individually ? We have a core support of 7-8000 and nobody can disagree with that, people just dont fancy Sunday cos we could take a doing....whats that all about ?

Or they just can't afford it with Christmas coming up? This attitude that people who don't go to games where they have to pay extra (bear in mind folk will have paid a fair whack for season tickets which aren't valid for this game) are somehow embarrassing is, in itself, embarrassing.

Or they just can't afford it with Christmas coming up? This attitude that people who don't go to games where they have to pay extra (bear in mind folk will have paid a fair whack for season tickets which aren't valid for this game) are somehow embarrassing is, in itself, embarrassing.

Shite....always an excuse, was the Queen of the South game near xmas ? The Wolfsburg game also....always the same fans at these games and no doubt the same fans that have pledged and would back there team no matter what division we are in.

Shite....always an excuse, was the Queen of the South game near xmas ? The Wolfsburg game also....always the same fans at these games and no doubt the same fans that have pledged and would back there team no matter what division we are in.

Tedious.

Why is that such an issue?

Anyway you're hardly going to attract new fans if whenever they can't make it you get idiots giving them pelters for having the audacity to have something else on or can't quite afford the football that day.

Why is that such an issue?

Anyway you're hardly going to attract new fans if whenever they can't make it you get idiots giving them pelters for having the audacity to have something else on or can't quite afford the football that day.

Why is it such an issue ? Are you joking....our clubs on its arse and needs all the money it can get so its a massive issue that we have a big support for games like these.

It's a tough one.

10 degrees with a north-westerly breeze.

Its a perfect day for football and drinking....in moderation I hasten to add!

I'm working Sunday.

I could have got the day off to go to the game, but then I'd have lost out on a days wage and had to pay out for a ticket and, no doubt, beer.

If it was against Hibs and I thought we had a chance of winning and it therefore being an enjoyable day out, I'd go for it, but unfortunately I think we'll probably get well beaten, and I can't really justify the turnaround of ?100 for the pleasure of watching it in person when it'll be on the telly at work anyway. I still might pay for a ticket and not go, just to give the club the dough, though.

I have no problem with people picking and choosing games on that basis. Hearts, and every other club, have to do more to make it an enjoyable day out to attract new fans and keep others who have trouble justifying the expense to themselves, wives, husbands, kids etc.

However, I should add that the last time we played this mob, that I watched on the tv at work, a certain Mr Beattie scored a last minute goal that resulted in me getting a fair few funny looks from customers. Hopefully, it'll be the same again.....

Archived