Official JKB Tournament DARTS megathread

:shitwine:

Hahahaha japanese boy got 2 treble 20s and had to step back in disbelief that he was another away from 180..he got it and the crowd acted like he had won the championship

I quite enjoyed that, pleased for the guy!

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Slevinkelevra

Im sorry but I dont like to mock anyone, but I have to turn it down when that caller is on. Won hundwred :-)

Maroon Sailor

Im sorry but I dont like to mock anyone, but I have to turn it down when that caller is on. Won hundwred :-)

Not too often then !

Thud

Thud

Thud

Twenty Two !

This boys walk on :cornette:

A suit jacket :cornette:

I assume you are referring to 'The Coat'? Surely the worst nickname in world sport.

The standard in some of the games has been absolutely humpty with a huge number of legs taking 21+ darts. The fact that they have to talk about the 'first 9 darts' average says it all for me. The PDC had over 600 maximums throughout their World Champs - it will be interesting to see how many the BDO has - my guess is under 200.

The worst part is the commentators talking about a 'great match' when clearly the standard has been rubbish.

I assume you are referring to 'The Coat'? Surely the worst nickname in world sport.

The standard in some of the games has been absolutely humpty with a huge number of legs taking 21+ darts. The fact that they have to talk about the 'first 9 darts' average says it all for me. The PDC had over 600 maximums throughout their World Champs - it will be interesting to see how many the BDO has - my guess is under 200.

The worst part is the commentators talking about a 'great match' when clearly the standard has been rubbish.

tony green does it alll the time! :down:

He's been like that ever since Bullseye, the non darts player would miss the board completely going for the prizes at the end and he would say "That's unlucky". Missing the board might be a lot of things but unlucky isn't one of them.

The Great Khali

It was some Dutch boy. Dekker/Dekken or something. Horrific :lol:

The Great Khali

Today when the two Dutch boys were playing, the silence from the crowd was incredible. One boy sitting behind the players was looking everywhere apart from the darts. The players were hitting 20 odd dart legs.

Tony green said, and I quote "what a day, what a match, what a crowd"

Unbelievable :lol:

Watching the BDO honestly makes me want to take up darts!

These guys are shocking.

And the crowd are the most boring fans out there.

Not to mention the young guy on the mic has the entertainment skills of a wet sock

Here we go. Silvertwat vs W***ie. At least one total dobber is on the way out.

As an aside, the only player that has even slightly impressed me was the Belgian, de Vos.

the standard is worse than ever this year. I notice the majority of the coverage just seems to be on the red button or on bbc2 in the afternoon- wouldn't be surprised if the BBC pulled out of it soon

wouldn't be surprised if the BBC pulled out of it soon

If that happens, expect a merger. I'm not sure the BDO could continue to afford anything without the Beeb (something alluded to by a couple of their top players).

Mon the silverback!

He's started off exceptionally poorly.

He better get his finger out as I've backed him at the bookies. :muggy:

The director/cameramen need a good look at themselves. Focusing on the player and not the board isnt great. :cornette:

Watching the BDO honestly makes me want to take up darts!

These guys are shocking.

And the crowd are the most boring fans out there.

Not to mention the young guy on the mic has the entertainment skills of a wet sock

For a world championship there's no doubt that the standard is pish but I could almost guarantee that every single player in the tournament could beat the best 10 players in any pub in Scotland over 3 sets probably without losing one.

This tournament still happens while normal folk are working? No wonder the crowds are so shite :lol:

Pretty decent crowds to be fair, numbers wise.

This tournament still happens while normal folk are working? No wonder the crowds are so shite :lol:

Its either that or go against the PDC.

Slevinkelevra

Wolfie got this tourney in the bag :-) be interesting to see what bunting is like, he is favourite I think.

Wolfie got this tourney in the bag :-) be interesting to see what bunting is like, he is favourite I think.

Last I checked, he's 1/50 for this match and 7/5 to win the tournament.

I don't know why but Bunting looks exactly how I imagine a certain poster on kickback from the Tranent area to look. :)

Is he still nicknamed Family Guy? He's a fat bloke with glasses, therefore he looks like Peter Griffin.

Is he still nicknamed Family Guy? He's a fat bloke with glasses, therefore he looks like Peter Griffin.

Bunting or Bunter? ;)

I think his nickname is 'The Bullet'.:unsure:

If that happens, expect a merger. I'm not sure the BDO could continue to afford anything without the Beeb (something alluded to by a couple of their top players).

Was thinking along those lines myself.

Was thinking along those lines myself.

not sure if a merger would happen, even if the beeb did pull out (dont think they will though) did barry hearn not offer a million or so to buy the bdo an merge a couple of years ago?? Decent article here on it. http://www.bbc.co.uk.../darts/20903601

IIRC, it was turned down by the BDO board after the Counties took a vote and asked the Board to accept.

I think a 'merger' will come at some point.

not sure if a merger would happen, even if the beeb did pull out (dont think they will though) did barry hearn not offer a million or so to buy the bdo an merge a couple of years ago?? Decent article here on it. http://www.bbc.co.uk.../darts/20903601

Yes he did but that's a takeover rather than a merger and Hearn said that he was mad to make the offer and wouldn't again.

The BDO cater for many thousands of darts players throughout the world down to local level, can't imagine what would happen to county darts in this country if the PDC took over.

Today when the two Dutch boys were playing, the silence from the crowd was incredible. One boy sitting behind the players was looking everywhere apart from the darts. The players were hitting 20 odd dart legs.

Tony green said, and I quote "what a day, what a match, what a crowd"

Unbelievable :lol:

:D he said something similar during the ross montgomery match last night. ross the boss was 8/40 on his doubles at the time! :vrface:

I don't know why but Bunting looks exactly how I imagine a certain poster on kickback from the Tranent area to look. :)

:lol:

Glad I wasn't the only one thinking that. Great minds and all that. ;)

Maroon Sailor

I expect Bunting to flag.

He's been No.1 seed in the past and I believe the furthest he's ever been is the quarter finals.

Slevinkelevra

I expect Bunting to flag.

He's been No.1 seed in the past and I believe the furthest he's ever been is the quarter finals.

its tough to pick a winner, I backed robbie green ew at 20-1 though.

its tough to pick a winner, I backed robbie green ew at 20-1 though.

James Wilson at 10/1 for me. Never heard of the guy.

RealMaroonCF

Wilson beat Bunting in the recent zinderduin masters final. It's about the 4th biggest event on the calendar so he has a serious chance.

Wilson beat Bunting in the recent zinderduin masters final. It's about the 4th biggest event on the calendar so he has a serious chance.

Good stuff. Only put ?3 on him, but a nice wee profit if he wins.

Bdo is good for darts. Most pub or county players think they have a chance to play on a big stage against some good players. The pdc is the champions league of darts.

The bdo serve a good purpose but just need to change the way they go about things now. Make it a breeding ground for the pdc, encourage young players and get a tv schedule away from pdcs biggest event. It would make sense to have it before the pdc rather than after.

Slevinkelevra

Just watched bunting win 4-0, over 100 average an 63 % checkout rate. Looked good, can see why he is favourite

Slevinkelevra

Wun hundwed and fetty fwee :rofl:

Apologies for laughing at a disability but couldn't help it.

hahaha I mentioned this before :-)

Great win for Eccles there, was always behind but showed great bottle and won the decider fairly easily in the end.

Packing up the darts after this tournament I think I heard, or is he moving over to the PDC?

Maroon Sailor

Shock win for Eccles against Harms.

Harms is the one of the players I think will step up to the PDC in due course.

Archived