Official JKB Tournament DARTS megathread

:shitwine:

gingerjambo190512

Just about about every top player from the pdc started off in the bdo, but for some reason when they move organisations they seem to improve massively, my pick this has to be scott waites my dark horse is ritchie george

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just about about every top player from the pdc started off in the bdo, but for some reason when they move organisations they seem to improve massively, my pick this has to be scott waites my dark horse is ritchie george

For a lot of them it's having the finances to go full time. There is a piece on the BBC website about Scott Waite and the fact he still has a full time job and only gets to practice for one hour a day.

The_razors_edge

For a lot of them it's having the finances to go full time. There is a piece on the BBC website about Scott Waite and the fact he still has a full time job and only gets to practice for one hour a day.

This is what I don't understand about waites. He's clearly the best player in the BDO and would seamlessly move into probably the top 10 in the PDC. He is a plumber to trade and I believe makes a very decent living out of it. However, even modest PDC players, Jamie Caven for example, make in excess of 100k a year playing in the PDC circuit. Surely waites would be better off moving across?

Slevinkelevra

This is what I don't understand about waites. He's clearly the best playedr in the BDO and would seamlessly move into probably the top 10 in the PDC. He is a plumber to trade and I believe makes a very decent living out of it. However, even modest PDC players, Jamie Caven for example, make in excess of 100k a year playing in the PDC circuit. Surely waites would be better off moving across?

im sure he was interviewed when he he won the grand slam and he said he plays darts for the fun and not the finance. Each to their own eh but he could be earning fortunes in the pdc

Kenny ******* Powers

Was just looking at the draw and Anastasia is in the women's tournament.

Remember she played against the men in the PDC.

:cornette:

Wtf was that about???

The_razors_edge

Was just looking at the draw and Anastasia is in the women's tournament.

Remember she played against the men in the PDC.

Wtf was that about???

Aye and she beat Vincent van der voort!

Kenny ******* Powers

Aye and she beat Vincent van der voort!

I thought she had beat someone famous. Thought it might have been Thornton.

What a red neck for VDV.

I thought she had beat someone famous. Thought it might have been Thornton.

What a red neck for VDV.

I think she also took Mardle to sudden death once.

She is a looker. Regardless.

RealMaroonCF

Firstly Waites is a joiner to trade.

Next, Jamie Caven doesn't make 100k a year, he's made 120k over the last two years. I'd argue it's really only the top ten players in the pdc making that sort of money.

Its not easy money playing darts. Its easy for the top players to claim it's easy but look at the standard of player just below the top 16. There guys are amazing players, a standard anyone would be happy to reach but not the elite standard required to get into the real money.

It's a massive undertaking to go pro in the pdc. You're looking at needing 10-20k sponsorship just to cover the year and then you have to win to earn. Huge pressure. Anyone whos been along to a typical weekend event would be shocked at the standard. It is immense as the floor format suits a lot more of the players.

IMO Scott is looking at it and saying I'm happy to just make my living and play pressure free. Winning is a bonus. Look at ted hanky...toiling. if Scott goes off the boil he's fine, he's not going to lose his house etc.

Waites is obvious favourite but Wilson is playing excellent aswell. Kist is interesting. He's just back from injury and is improving quick again. If could be dangerous

Bunting is 9/4 favourite.

Waites is a shite bag if he has the chance to go to the PDC and hasn't taken it. Hope he get's messed out in the 1st round.

rossthejambo

That's some effort not even reaching the board :lol:

The folk that hang around the BDO are almost always shite bags that want to continue to be classed as "World Champions" rather than get better and move to the big league, I'd like Waites to get popped out early doors.

Can't wait for this to start.

Nothing better than sleeping through it all day, rough on the sofa on a Sunday.

:pleasing:

**** sake we won't see Wolfie get messed out. He's on at 2 and it's not on BBC till 2.30.

Waites is playing just now.

Slevinkelevra

**** sake we won't see Wolfie get messed out. He's on at 2 and it's not on BBC till 2.30.

Waites is playing just now.

waites on at 2.30 live on bbc. Taken from bdo facebook page

waites on at 2.30 live on bbc. Taken from bdo facebook page

I was just going by the betting. Saying it's in play and started at 1.

Slevinkelevra

This Norris guy looks a reasonable player tbf

both not bad. Its the qualifiers I always look forward to :-) waites out though, my bet goosed already!!!

The Great Khali

This is what I don't understand about waites. He's clearly the best player in the BDO and would seamlessly move into probably the top 10 in the PDC.

Waites is a shite bag if he has the chance to go to the PDC and hasn't taken it. Hope he get's messed out in the 1st round.

:jjyay:

Someone said Waites could easy make the step up to the PDC. :lol:

He won the BDO with an average of 89.

He'd get papped oot the first round PDC with that.

Absolute cockwomble.

Slevinkelevra

Someone said Waites could easy make the step up to the PDC. :lol:

He won the BDO with an average of 89.

He'd get papped oot the first round PDC with that. He would wi that average, but he def has the game to do well in the pdc. Mind he won the grand slam

Absolute cockwomble.

I can't stop chuckling at this.

HUNGRY LIKE THE WOLF

:rofl:

I hope this throbber gets horsed here.

Archived