Official JKB Tournament DARTS megathread

:shitwine:

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well this is boring. Not even a contest so far. Just hoping for a 9 darter now to make it interesting.

Slevinkelevra

Well this is boring. Not even a contest so far. Just hoping for a 9 darter now to make it interesting.

never mind, the pub darts starts on bbc at the weekend, thats always entertaining :-) your right tho, what a let down.

Did the commentators really expect this to be close or were they just being nice?

I couldn't see anything but MVG destroying this boy.

Did the commentators really expect this to be close or were they just being nice?

Tbf if you didnt watch this tournie you would think wright is shite,but he has been playing great and has improved alot over the last year,i thought mvg would win but not like this

To be fair, they have to play it up don't they! They're not going to say "this is going to be so one sided and boring you'd be better turning over for Corrie".... :)

Wright still purring along. MvG looking rattled and was very lucky to go 5-2 up.At least Wright can hold his head high, after looking like he was going to be humiliated.

Kenny ******* Powers

6-4 now.

Always thought of Wright as a bit if a joke before this tournament. Still think he will lose but he has impressed me tonight. Would have been easy to fold at 4-0 but he's kept battling.

Tell you what, hats off to Wright for his efforts! If MVG hadn't been 4-0 up, we may have been looking at a deciding set just now. Still, game on though, and MVG looks as though he's lost it a tad for now.

gingerjambo190512

Just hope snake bite keeps his cool!! He's got nothing to loose, mvg looks a wee bit nervous

think I jinxed it!!

lol. Was/waiting for someone to jump on that post. Did I hear right ? Wright (two setsdown) is the same odds now as he was at the start if the match?

Got my ?65 back for MVG but annoyed that I didn't bother putting my intended fiver on the score to be 7-4. It was 2-0 and looking like a tanking by the time I had the chance.

Slevinkelevra

lol. Was/waiting for someone to jump on that post. Did I hear right ? Wright (two setsdown) is the same odds now as he was at the start if the match?

aye 7-2 at the start of the match, an 7-2 at 2 sets down!! Weird!! Time for the pl lineup. Im goin taylor, mvg, lewis, wade, whitlock, wright, barney, thornton, anderson, newton? Dnt think I missed anyone?? Huybrechts maybe?

The Old Tolbooth

MVG can be absolutely blistering when he wants to be, and completely average when he hits that brick wall, something you never see from Taylor, I actually thought MVG got a bit lucky in the end as it should have been 4-3 at the interval instead of 5-2, and even when he won it Wright let him off the hook, however if MVG could follow through what he done in the first 4 sets then he'd be untouchable as he was totally unplayable and looked awesome, he could be a frustrating player to follow in the big games for betting purposes :wacko:

MVG can be absolutely blistering when he wants to be, and completely average when he hits that brick wall, something you never see from Taylor, I actually thought MVG got a bit lucky in the end as it should have been 4-3 at the interval instead of 5-2, and even when he won it Wright let him off the hook, however if MVG could follow through what he done in the first 4 sets then he'd be untouchable as he was totally unplayable and looked awesome, he could be a frustrating player to follow in the big games for betting purposes :wacko:

Will be interesting to see how he kicks on from here as it does look like he struggles with nerves.

Slevinkelevra

What's the PL line up?

Wade less welcome at the PL than his Mrs :lol:

taylor, mvg, barney, wright, whitlock, thornton, anderson, chisnall, newton,lewis

Geoff Kilpatrick

My youngest just told me this. He likes Wade for some reason!

I had to bite my knuckles to suppress the chortles!

Tommy Wiseau

Cheers, decent line up - never realised Chisnall was in the running actually.

Slevinkelevra

Do we need to start a new thread for the pub darts that starts on sat? :-) scott waites to win, robbie kong green ew :-)

Geoff Kilpatrick

Do we need to start a new thread for the pub darts that starts on sat? :-) scott waites to win, robbie kong green ew :-)

Aye. Crap darts needs its own thread. I never watch it but just read the thread on here, looking for the scores in single figures!

The Old Tolbooth

Will be interesting to see how he kicks on from here as it does look like he struggles with nerves.

Aye definitely mate, he's only 24 though so he'll settle down through experience as time goes by, I was exactly the same when I won my first pool comp aged only 18 when around 14 folk were watching, 4-1 up and nearly blew it and won 5-4 :lol:

Hungry hippo

Wade is no 6 on the word rankings in addition to being a former Premier League winner IIRC.

I won't miss him but it's a strange omission by Hearn.

Slevinkelevra

What's the reason for Wade being left out? Apart from him being a dick.

think it prob is cos he is a dick!! Nah in all seriousness it could be down to his mental health issues?? Possibly needs a break??

The_razors_edge

think it prob is cos he is a dick!! Nah in all seriousness it could be down to his mental health issues?? Possibly needs a break??

The health card was the one Hearn played when interviewed.

Archived