Official JKB Tournament DARTS megathread

:shitwine:

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Geoff Kilpatrick

See, I was about to ask just why English darts players are so routinely unpopular on JKB. But then I stopped and thought about it. The question should instead be:

Why are so many English darts players such utter wankers?

I'm serious. The only two I ever liked were John Lowe (my favourite player growing up) and Bob Anderson.

Scrub Anderson off that list for me. Another ******.

See, I was about to ask just why English darts players are so routinely unpopular on JKB. But then I stopped and thought about it. The question should instead be:

I'm serious. The only two I ever liked were John Lowe (my favourite player growing up) and Ted Hankey

FTFY

He will have by the time Wednesday night is over.

2015?, 2016?.........when ?.............he's like Arsenal all promise and no championship.............has he the bottle or will he once more collapse under the pressure ?

Here's to a Scottish victory.

I'm serious. The only two I ever liked were John Lowe (my favourite player growing up) and Bob Anderson. Oh, and Dennis Priestley, to be fair.

Terry Jenkins.

The_razors_edge

Correct.... I do believe he has won the world championship before has he not................has the teletubbie ?

Still lets hope for a Scottish victory now.......all of JKB will be behind Wright now surely.

Whether MVG has won the world championship or not wasn't the point you were making. You implied MVG is full of his own self importance. Ironic really seen as the one darts player who is absolutely full of his own self importance is your hero Phil Taylor. Phil Taylor is 53, MVG is 24.....plenty of time to win lots of world championships. Fwiw I will be supporting wright on the final. One last point.....Lewis came out tonight and had the good grace to do an interview after the match despite being walloped. Guess who refused to do an interview after being dismantled by MVG in the last Tv final? That's right Phil Taylor. The boys an utter tit, 16 world titles or not. Success and money clearly can't buy you class.

The_razors_edge

I'm serious. The only two I ever liked were John Lowe (my favourite player growing up) and Bob Anderson. Oh, and Dennis Priestley, to be fair.

I can honestly say I only really dislike Taylor and wade. I have warmed to Lewis recently and have no real dislike for anyone else. Guys like Jenkins, Newton, chisnall, Hamilton and painter all come across as genuine likeable blokes.

Whether MVG has won the world championship or not wasn't the point you were making. You implied MVG is full of his own self importance. Ironic really seen as the one darts player who is absolutely full of his own self importance is your hero Phil Taylor. Phil Taylor is 53, MVG is 24.....plenty of time to win lots of world championships. Fwiw I will be supporting wright on the final. One last point.....Lewis came out tonight and had the good grace to do an interview after the match despite being walloped. Guess who refused to do an interview after being dismantled by MVG in the last Tv final? That's right Phil Taylor. The boys an utter tit, 16 world titles or not. Success and money clearly can't buy you class.

He is full of it....just watch his interview.. my destiny, blah blah blah.

PS you don't half get excited about a game of arrows.............Taylor my hero !!!!!!!!!!!..........I think there are better people to have as my hero but he is the best darts player ever and that is a fact.

Gavsy Van Gaverson

2015?, 2016?.........when ?.............he's like Arsenal all promise and no championship.............has he the bottle or will he once more collapse under the pressure ?

Here's to a Scottish victory.

I could be wrong but will he not be the youngest ever World Champion if he wins on Wednesday.

He's also been in a final already so hardly all promise is it?

All 3 are absolute wallopers.

I could be wrong but will he not be the youngest ever World Champion if he wins on Wednesday.

He's also been in a final already so hardly all promise is it?

In the PDC. Jelle Klassen is the youngest World Champ.

How is John Lowe, Old Stoneface, the anti-Bristow, a gent at the board make no mistake, an "absolute walloper"?

How is John Lowe, Old Stoneface, the anti-Bristow, a gent at the board make no mistake, an "absolute walloper"?

He's an arrogant tosser off the board.

He's an arrogant tosser off the board.

He's won world titles in three different decades, and was still giving the Greatest Of All Time everything he could handle another decade later.

Any histrionics from him at any point, despite being part of darts' great, drunken, rowdy, boomtime era? Nope. The opposite.

And he also played a hugely important role in the breakaway which preserved professional darts and set it free from Olly ******* Croft. Every player who did that - risking their living into the bargain for fully 4 years - is owed a huge debt of gratitude.

He's won world titles in three different decades, and was still giving the Greatest Of All Time everything he could handle another decade later.

Any histrionics from him at any point, despite being part of darts' great, drunken, rowdy, boomtime era? Nope. The opposite.

And he also played a hugely important role in the breakaway which preserved professional darts and set it free from Olly ******* Croft. Every player who did that - risking their living into the bargain for fully 4 years - is owed a huge debt of gratitude.

And yet off the board, he's a tosser.:thumbsup:

Mighty Mike was just outstanding tonight.

Has to take this title now. Will be some final but its MvG's year, and I for one am delighted.

Gavsy Van Gaverson

Aye, right enough. But Van Gerwen, Lewis etc probably could gave won the BDO when they were still at school :lol:

Gavsy Van Gaverson

Edit - double post.

Aye, right enough. But Van Gerwen, Lewis etc probably could gave won the BDO when they were still at school :lol:

And yet neither did when they played in the BDO.

He is full of it....just watch his interview.. my destiny, blah blah blah.

PS you don't half get excited about a game of arrows.............Taylor my hero !!!!!!!!!!!..........I think there are better people to have as my hero but he is the best darts player ever and that is a fact.

You've clearly got some dislike for MVG which is clouding your judgement. He came across as very grounded in his interview from what I seen. Saying he was delighted just to be ranked at no.3 in the world etc. Not the words of someone who is totally up himself.

van Gerwen.............please don't let him win it............an annoying player full of his own self importance.

Just a bald tellietubbie.

How can anyone on JKB support someone who calls himself the 'Green Machine'

:cornette:

By the way, here's another question(s) about darts:

1. Where are the non-white players?

2. Where are the non-white faces in the crowd?

3. Why is this?

4. Was the Martin Fitzmaurice scandal an exception; or actually, the tip of the iceberg?

3. Why is this?

4. Was the Martin Fitzmaurice scandal an exception; or actually, the tip of the iceberg?

There were plenty non white players in the prelims and first round.

Gavsy Van Gaverson

3. Why is this?

1 - Beat in the qualifiers

2 - I didn't see every face in the crowd so couldn't comment.

3 - See 2

4 - An exception I think.

That Devon Petersen is awfully white I thought. :rolleyes:

Interesting that he's not British though.

The reason I bring this up is, well: what is darts but the ultimate working class man's sport? Yet that very working class is, nowadays, a very multi-cultural one; I'd have expected it to be far more represented in top level darts than it seems to be.

There's another reason too. When Fitzmaurice came out with that filth, what did his audience do? Laugh loudly. Not one voice of disgust could be heard. And this is someone who'd been MC'ing for decades; frankly, I'd be astonished if he hadn't done something like that before, only for the BBC sound man to frantically turn down the mics and protect him.

Even his defence afterwards - the only problem he could see was he'd been videoed (!) - practically screamed someone who'd assumed what he was doing was OK. Why would he, if the sport didn't have a problem along the lines I'm suggesting?

Interesting that he's not British though.

The reason I bring this up is, well: what is darts but the ultimate working class man's sport? Yet that very working class is, nowadays, a very multi-cultural one; I'd have expected it to be far more represented in top level darts than it seems to be.

There's another reason too. When Fitzmaurice came out with that filth, what did his audience do? Laugh loudly. Not one voice of disgust could be heard. And this is someone who'd been MC'ing for decades; frankly, I'd be astonished if he hadn't done something like that before, only for the BBC sound man to frantically turn down the mics and protect him.

Even his defence afterwards - the only problem he could see was he'd been videoed (!) - practically screamed someone who'd assumed what he was doing was OK. Why would he, if the sport didn't have a problem along the lines I'm suggesting?

So those pesky foreigners dont count?;)

Who knows? Is it institutional racism? Or is it because black/ethnic minorities in the UK dont see it as a valid career choice/not particularly in line with their 'culture'? Plenty other sports have the same problem. Snooker instantly springs to mind, Rory McLeod apart.

Sergio Garcia

You know how the pub bore who comes over and drones on when a group of mates are out watching a big sporting event every single time. He has arrived in this thread.

Don't derail another sporting thread please.

3. Why is this?

Where are all the white players of kabadi?

You know how the pub bore who comes over and drones on when a group of mates are out watching a big sporting event every single time. He has arrived in this thread.

Don't derail another sporting thread please.

It's his raison d'etre. One can but hope though.

Odds for the final: 10/3 Wright 2/9 MVG. Think it could be tighter than some folk expect.

It could also just as easily be a whitewash.

It could also just as easily be a whitewash.

I don't normally bother but I watched every match with Wright so far and he has been solid in every match. If the Dutchman doesn't get off to a flyer (bad pun) , I can see Wright taking it further than a lot of people might think.

But , really , I think he'll get annihilated.

You know a good place to hang a dartboard to avoid damaging the interior of your house with wayward throws?

Can't think of a specific example, but I think it would be best if it had wooden walls. The holes show up less than in concrete/plaster when you miss the board.

You know a good place to hang a dartboard to avoid damaging the interior of your house with wayward throws?

A Tree down your local park

This doesn't make any sense now. :seething:

Archived