Some strikers.....

a defence.....

Oh and a decent keeper.

Leith Comedy Club.

letsmakesomenoise
10 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Slowly but very surely Hibs are becoming Hibs again

:yas:

But, but .... they’ve made a fortune don’t you know. More because we pumped them and they got three rounds, rather than finishing second and playing Burnley. So in their drug addled brains we actually made them monies by pumping them! Apparently!

The fact that they wouldn’t have finished second even if they’d beaten us seems to have escaped them, so - like the tribute act - they would play every round.

lost £600k prize money therefore stands ?

As predicted hibs will start to go backwards and find themselves perineal bottom 6 strugglers.

Lennon will soon go into meltdown he has lost the better players from the Stubbs era and his own signings are rubbish.

We will kick on soon and they will never catch us for a long time or even never.

1 minute ago, Rents said:

As predicted hibs will start to go backwards and find themselves perineal bottom 6 strugglers.

Lennon will soon go into meltdown he has lost the better players from the Stubbs era and his own signings are rubbish.

We will kick on soon and they will never catch us for a long time or even never.

Natural Order. 

1 minute ago, Rents said:

Yeah, it will be interest to see how he reacts if Hibs start to go backwards.  I'm not sure they will be bottom 6, but if they are not in the hunt for 2nd or 3rd he might start to lose the plot.  If they are behind us in the league, the fans will start to make their displeasure known, adding to pressure on him.

He's had an easy ride for most of his managerial career.  First full season at Celtic he was up against McCoist at Rangers, then two seasons with no Rangers.  Messed up at Bolton when he didn't have a massive financial advantage over the rest of the league.  Inherited Stubbs' team at Hibs, with by far the biggest budget in the Championship, but made heavy weather of winning the league

Did well last season to challenge for 2nd and eventually secure a Europa League spot, but there was no huge pressure of expectation on him given it was their first season back in the top flight.  It will be interesting to see how he reacts if the pressure starts to mount - the fans expectations are far higher this season than last.  They will expect at least a Euro spot and to finish above us again.

.Net hours into it's lockdown now.

They actually believe that ours recently have been as a result of poor results. When ifact it's all to do with increased traffic where even our subscribed members can be locked out!

N Lincs Jambo
27 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Petrie and Leeanne ? 

Nae chance Jonno, I would with that wee hunny. Leanne??? Settle! :)

10 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

.Net hours into it's lockdown now.

They actually believe that ours recently have been as a result of poor results. When ifact it's all to do with increased traffic where even our subscribed members can be locked out!

What poor results are they thinking of?  Only managing a 1-0 win against the champions?

11 minutes ago, RobNox said:

What poor results are they thinking of?  Only managing a 1-0 win against the champions?

Going down a goal to Raith and Hamilton...

Booting them out the Cup and wrecking their chances of a higher league finish served notice that Natural Order was rapidly being restored.

So far this season while we've been unearthing gems and outplaying Celtic, they've been losing their best players and getting booted out of Europe in August.

They'll soon be back to the dismal bank defaulting days while we'll continue charity robbing with gay abandon.

56 minutes ago, Rents said:

Interesting but disturbing thought of being a perineal bottom struggler...maybe fits them well?

been here before
56 minutes ago, Rents said:

Now that is one of 4 things...

1. Poor spelling

2. Predictive text

3. Freudian slip or

4. Very subtle.

Id like to think its 4.

9 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Going down a goal to Raith and Hamilton...

To be fair there was a bit of a meltdown on here when we were behind against Raith, but we were only behind for 3 minutes against Hamilton.  Do they think we were still seething about conceding a goal when we were winning 4-1 and still experiencing performance issues on the site?  They are fuds of the highest order.

If Rodgers walks Celtic won't be knocking on Lennon's door going by that display. I actually think Lennon is tactically inept. 

So they've still never won 3 successive ties in Europe on the trot.

Hibs are the Michael Gove of Europe. 

9 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

That defence is a big worry

Maybe McGeoch and McGinn protected them 

That's a good point, along with Allan too, who they have also lost.  Their defence never looked particularly solid last season, but might be exposed a lot more this season with the loss of those players in midfield.  None of that midfield trio were Lennon signings either.  He's now going to be judged on the signings he makes and his record so far is patchy.  A bit like Brenda at the big Hibs, only 2 of his starters on Tuesday were his signings, and he's brought in a  fair few duds - no wonder Lawell isn't keen to open the biscuit tin.

The Old Tolbooth
12 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

The Dingles hate it when you remind them of that too ? 

3 minutes ago, julienbrellier said:

anyone know if they won the singing contest? 

Oh!  They ŵould have.  It’s the way of things down Lochend.

349766A3-2E9B-4A9B-86E3-B5F3EBECA768.jpeg

1FF48588-9CF9-4E68-8939-BD01BB3BFDC7.jpeg

C5636256-B22C-493C-9003-B9050737E8C9.png

16 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

Have we?

jacklivi1874

The Old Tolbooth
3 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Have we?

Yeah, from the top of my head, we beat St Pats, Velez Mostar, Austria Vienna, in 1988 on the run to the quarters when we narrowly lost out to Bayern Munich. 

1 minute ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

Yeah, from the top of my head, we beat St Pats, Velez Mostar, Austria Vienna, in 1988 on the run to the quarters when we narrowly lost out to Bayern Munich. 

Well done John!

H likes to be erm.. controversial, shall we say?

2 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Well done John!

H likes to be erm.. controversial, shall we say?

It just seemed like quite a tough thing to achieve in general. Not sure what was controversial. 

IS that the only time we have done it?

Just now, hughesie27 said:

It just seemed like quite a tough thing to achieve in general. Not sure what was controversial. 

You know something hughesie?

I’m past trying with you.  Not sure what the problem is?

I'm sure the Hubz fans took after the Japan fans and cleared the terracing and their players left the dressing room as they found it.

That's winning.

been here before
4 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

I thought that too but I suppose its how you read the question. Is it 3 individual games or aggregate scores.

On the 88-89 run we obviously got through 3 rounds but we didnt win 3 games on the trot.

We won  3 European games on the trot in the 2000-01 UEFA Cup beating that Icelandic team home and away then Stuttgart 3-2 at Tynecastle.

I suppose either way the answer is yes though.

The Old Tolbooth
8 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Do qualifiers and group game count for the Europa League? Can’t remember the teams we all beat in qualifying now, Braga was the main one, there must have been one before it but I forget who, and we won a group game I’m sure ?

Edited by The Old Tolbooth

7 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

Correct, and the only match we lost in that run was the 2-0 defeat in Munich, in a game we outplayed them after beating them 1-0 at Tynecastle.  I was over there for the game and the German press gave us huge credit - one paper said it was the best performance they had ever seen from a Scottish side in Germany.  We secured away wins in Dublin and Vienna and a draw in Mostar in what was a very hostile environment.

The Old Tolbooth
4 minutes ago, been here before said:

I thought that too but I suppose its how you read the question. Is it 3 individual games or aggregate scores.

On the 88-89 run we obviously got through 3 rounds but we didnt win 3 games on the trot.

We won  3 European games on the trot in the 2000-01 UEFA Cup beating that Icelandic team home and away then Stuttgart 3-2 at Tynecastle.

I suppose either way the answer is yes though.

Its getting past 3 rounds mate, even though Hibs have apparently this all conquering record in Europe, yet they’ve still never ever been past 3 rounds in any one year in the same comp. 

The Old Tolbooth
5 minutes ago, RobNox said:

Correct, and the only match we lost in that run was the 2-0 defeat in Munich, in a game we outplayed them after beating them 1-0 at Tynecastle.  I was over there for the game and the German press gave us huge credit - one paper said it was the best performance they had ever seen from a Scottish side in Germany.  We secured away wins in Dublin and Vienna and a draw in Mostar in what was a very hostile environment.

I still remember the Mostar keeper, every time he caught the ball he would throw himself forward doing forward rolls, it was bizarre ha ha! 

been here before
1 minute ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

Its getting past 3 rounds mate, even though Hibs have apparently this all conquering record in Europe, yet they’ve still never ever been past 3 rounds in any one year in the same comp. 

Nae bother.

88-89 it is then.

Lets enjoy it again....

5.23 for the bit we all want to see. What a run and a night that was.

Great assist from Tosh McKinlay for the goal.

Ohhhh Mikey, Mikey...

jacklivi1874
15 minutes ago, been here before said:

Nae bother.

88-89 it is then.

Lets enjoy it again....

Ohhhh Mikey, Mikey...

My Hibby mate was in for the game the night I played that video at HT,Honest..Great minds I may add he left at FT saying the take away and beer had bagged him up

I was at all those game bar one away great times 

39 minutes ago, RobNox said:

Actually we lost in Mostar.  But it didnt matter cos Robbo announced he was coming home.

29 minutes ago, been here before said:

Nae bother.

88-89 it is then.

Lets enjoy it again....

Ohhhh Mikey, Mikey...

Brings back some great memories, I'd forgotten how many goals Mikey Galloway got for us in that campaign, he also scored the equaliser in Mostar which isn't shown in this clip.

I can't remember who we signed Mikey from, but he was a great player for us and scored plenty of goals from midfield. 

I think he's one of those players who just finds the right club at the right time and it suddenly brings out the best in him.  Did Celtic not pay a decent fee for him and he did relatively little for them compared to what he did at Hearts?

7 minutes ago, RobNox said:

Brings back some great memories, I'd forgotten how many goals Mikey Galloway got for us in that campaign, he also scored the equaliser in Mostar which isn't shown in this clip.

I can't remember who we signed Mikey from, but he was a great player for us and scored plenty of goals from midfield. 

I think he's one of those players who just finds the right club at the right time and it suddenly brings out the best in him.  Did Celtic not pay a decent fee for him and he did relatively little for them compared to what he did at Hearts?

Think we signed him from Halifax.......

3 minutes ago, goldie83 said:

Think we signed him from Halifax.......

I think you're right Goldie, we certainly got a little Xtra from that signing!

He had an an incredible knack with headers, seemed to time his jumps perfectly and almost hang in the air, his goal away to Mostar was one of those.  One of my mates coined a classic phrase about that goal - 'he hung in the air like a bad fart!'

• cosanostra locked and unlocked this topic