To hibs.net - here is how we're feeling tonight

Craigieboy

millerjames398
1 hour ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

I still remember the Mostar keeper, every time he caught the ball he would throw himself forward doing forward rolls, it was bizarre ha ha! 

He was a nutter, remember him having a meltdown at one of the ball boys for throwing the ball over his head, first time I'd seen a goalie wear trackies underneath his shorts at the same time as well, a great euro night??

• Replies 9.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sooks

• martoon

• maroonlegions

• Wee Mikey

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There was a story at the time of the Galloway transfer to Celtic.

Something along the lines of Wallace and Doddie meeting Billy McNeil and a Celtic director in an Edinburgh hotel. Billy big baws blundered into the meeting, declared that £500k was the only offer on the table, take it or leave it.

Wallace and Doddie said they'd go back into reception and ponder it and, when outwith earshot, whooped with delight. They only wanted 150-200k. 

They knew that, despite his UEFA Cup exploits, Galloway was no more than a modest footballer. 

Have to disagree, btw, with previous posters regarding Galloway's heading ability. Never seen such badly timed attempts, before or since. He'd landed by the time the ball went sailing over his head.

Mostar away excepted.

Edited by martoon

4 minutes ago, martoon said:

Something along the lines of Wallace and Doddie meeting Billy McNeil and a Celtic director in an Edinburgh hotel. Billy big baws blundered into the meeting, declared that £500k was the only offer on the table, take it or leave it.

Wallace and Doddie said they'd go back into reception and ponder it and, when outwith earshot, whooped with delight. They only wanted 150-200k. 

They knew that, despite his UEFA Cup exploits, Galloway was no more than a modest footballer. 

Have to disagree, btw, with previous posters regarding Galloway's heading ability. Never seen such badly timed attempts, before or since. He'd landed by the time the ball went sailing over his head.

Mostar away excepted.

It's maybe my old age playing tricks on me Martoon, and I'm crediting him with being a better header of the ball based on one goal!  I was sure he scored a few other decent headers, but the ravages of time and the influence of alcohol at most matches in those days may have blurred my memory!

5 minutes ago, RobNox said:

It's maybe my old age playing tricks on me Martoon, and I'm crediting him with being a better header of the ball based on one goal!  I was sure he scored a few other decent headers, but the ravages of time and the influence of alcohol at most matches in those days may have blurred my memory!

Probably mine too, Rob.

I just seem to recall there was quite a few times in the shed when laughter broke out at Galloway's timing. It could be awful. 

However, he did score some memorable goals in his time.

No offense intended to you, btw. ? 

3fingersreid
57 minutes ago, martoon said:

Probably mine too, Rob.

I just seem to recall there was quite a few times in the shed when laughter broke out at Galloway's timing. It could be awful. 

Are you not confusing Galloway with Baird ? 

1 hour ago, 3fingersreid said:

Are you not confusing Galloway with Baird ? 

You have a point.

Baird did have a timing problem but, I'm sure Galloway did too.

As RobNox suggested, bevvy, and the passage of time, may have clouded the memories. :)

6 hours ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

Yeah, from the top of my head, we beat St Pats, Velez Mostar, Austria Vienna, in 1988 on the run to the quarters when we narrowly lost out to Bayern Munich. 

First Scottish team to every win in Vienna. Club and country. I think. 

Alma Matters
6 hours ago, martoon said:

Mostar away excepted.

Don't you mean Vienna, when Kidd expertly beat the offside trap to put in a pin point cross?

8 hours ago, Morgan said:

You know something hughesie?

I’m past trying with you.  Not sure what the problem is?

:happy:

okay pal.

I think your maybe a bit sensitive.

Getting through 3 rounds just seemed a bit of a random stick to beat them with. I couldnt think of us ever achieving it so i asked. Turns it that we have seemingly managed it once before. In a season before i was even born. Not sure why thats such a strange thing to ask.

Let's just laugh at there crapness. 

Edited by hughesie27

9 hours ago, Rents said:

As predicted hibs will start to go backwards and find themselves perineal bottom 6 strugglers.

Lennon will soon go into meltdown he has lost the better players from the Stubbs era and his own signings are rubbish.

We will kick on soon and they will never catch us for a long time or even never.

That might be one of the greatest ever puns. Fantastic.

3 minutes ago, schillaci said:

That might be one of the greatest ever puns. Fantastic.

? bet there's more than a few didn't get it. 

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
6 hours ago, martoon said:

Probably mine too, Rob.

think you might be both right

when played in his more natural positions of defence and midfield and attacking the ball he was very good in the air and set pieces too

upfront where he wasn't very comfortable (despite doing well for a period) and being asked to flick it on that's when his timing wasn't great

a bit like Paterson in Gary lockes team who seemed to win every set pieces and crosses but a lot less when the ball was launched up to him

very good player for us was mikey and always turned up in the big games

thats another hazy memory opinion anyway

chester copperpot
36 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

okay pal.

Getting through 3 rounds just seemed a bit of a random stick to beat them with. I couldnt think of us ever achieving it so i asked. Turns it that we have seemingly managed it once before. In a season before i was even born. Not sure why thats such a strange thing to ask.

It's not just that.

You've almost made a character for yourself where you have to be annoying as **** every time you post.

It's lke you've came too far to go back now, so you just stick to the same annoying stance time after time.

Shame as you used to be a decent poster. I normally don't even read your stuff now as I know what you've put anyway

11 hours ago, RobNox said:

Yeah, it will be interest to see how he reacts if Hibs start to go backwards.  I'm not sure they will be bottom 6, but if they are not in the hunt for 2nd or 3rd he might start to lose the plot.  If they are behind us in the league, the fans will start to make their displeasure known, adding to pressure on him.

He's had an easy ride for most of his managerial career.  First full season at Celtic he was up against McCoist at Rangers, then two seasons with no Rangers.  Messed up at Bolton when he didn't have a massive financial advantage over the rest of the league.  Inherited Stubbs' team at Hibs, with by far the biggest budget in the Championship, but made heavy weather of winning the league

Did well last season to challenge for 2nd and eventually secure a Europa League spot, but there was no huge pressure of expectation on him given it was their first season back in the top flight.  It will be interesting to see how he reacts if the pressure starts to mount - the fans expectations are far higher this season than last.  They will expect at least a Euro spot and to finish above us again.

Spot on they have also been coming out with biggest budget chat. The heat will be on Lennon soon I look forward to this meltdown hopefully come after we take five of them at tynie.

I was going to change my horrendous spelling mistake but it seems to have went down well lol.

10 hours ago, RobNox said:

Correct, and the only match we lost in that run was the 2-0 defeat in Munich, in a game we outplayed them after beating them 1-0 at Tynecastle.  I was over there for the game and the German press gave us huge credit - one paper said it was the best performance they had ever seen from a Scottish side in Germany.  We secured away wins in Dublin and Vienna and a draw in Mostar in what was a very hostile environment.

Got beat 2-1 in Mostar unfortnately

The Old Tolbooth
4 hours ago, ri Alban said:

First Scottish team to every win in Vienna. Club and country. I think. 

Yes, you're right, and were we not the first and only to win in Basel as well? 

Midloth_Iain
8 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

Yes, you're right, and were we not the first and only to win in Basel as well? 

1st British team to win in Basel, I think  (that sounds a bit Hibs) ?

Quite a few have followed since though

The Old Tolbooth
21 minutes ago, Kid Creole said:

1st British team to win in Basel, I think  (that sounds a bit Hibs) ?

Quite a few have followed since though

Don't think any other Scottish club have won there as of yet though, but I know Newcastle, Man Utd, and Liverpool all have, possibly City too. 

5 hours ago, hughesie27 said:

okay pal.

I’m not sensitive in the slightest hughesie, in fact, far from it.  You just seem to enjoy being a wee bit controversial in your posting style (perhaps controversial is the wrong word but I don’t know the correct one to use in this instance).  For all the years I’ve ‘known’ you on here you were not like this until recently.

Anyway, as you say, let’s laugh at their crapness :thumbsup:.  That, for me, is one of the best parts of being in the forum :lol: 

1 minute ago, Morgan said:

I’m not sensitive in the slightest hughesie, in fact, far from it.  You just seem to enjoy being a wee bit controversial in your posting style (perhaps controversial is the wrong word but I don’t know the correct one to use in this instance).  For all the years I’ve ‘known’ you on here you were not like this until recently.

Anyway, as you say, let’s laugh at their crapness :thumbsup:.  That, for me, is one of the best parts of being in the forum :lol: 

I like to play devils advocate. I like to questions people's opinions. I've never actively gone out to annoy or troll people. All of the opinions I bring are my real thoughts.

Just now, hughesie27 said:

I like to play devils advocate. I like to questions people's opinions. I've never actively gone out to annoy or troll people. All of the opinions I bring are my real thoughts.

Fair enough hughesie ?

Let’s draw a line under it shall we?

Much better fun to have slagging the vermin anyway!

52 minutes ago, Morgan said:

To be fair, you did sound like a whining wee lassie.

?:D

47 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Fair enough hughesie ?

Let’s draw a line under it shall we?

Much better fun to have slagging the vermin anyway!

Sounds good to me. FTH.

2 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

To be fair, you did sound like a whining wee lassie.

?:D

Feck you :wink: 

highlandjambo3
14 hours ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

Yeah, from the top of my head, we beat St Pats, Velez Mostar, Austria Vienna, in 1988 on the run to the quarters when we narrowly lost out to Bayern Munich. 

Am I right in saying Velez Mostar had “Heard of Midlothian” on the hearts dressing room door ??

highlandjambo3
14 hours ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

Am I right in saying Velez Mostar had “Heard of Midlothian” on the hearts dressing room door ??

The Old Tolbooth
Just now, highlandjambo3 said:

I've never heard that one but it would be funny :lol: 

Maroon Sailor
37 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Did they see them in Marone

5 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Did they see them in Marone

Are they the greatest team you’ve known?

Harry Potter

Evening hobo , if hibs, had, now if hibs had, now if the ball had not hit the post, yer pish, Mouldie

auld do should have scored 2 in the 1st leg , so hobos yer pants, yer oot .

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Clark Griswold said:

:yas:

That wee smirk after the Natural Order comment tho :D 

It will never get old 

FTH

• cosanostra locked and unlocked this topic