To hibs.net - here is how we're feeling tonight ( Monty sacked )

Craigieboy

Der Kaiser

Anyone else concerned about OUR long term finances?

We cannot maintain these win bonuses....

:jj:

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sooks

• martoon

• Mikey1874

• maroonlegions

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Mikey1874

Tricky and confusing when you think you played well in a defeat.

433 mentioned as the season turning point. New players looking good.

But it's still Montgomery and its still Hibs.

Hibs had chances to win last night but didn't take them. They played well in parts but it's Hibs, so no guarantee they'll play well in the next game. 

Wee Mikey
14 minutes ago, 1953 said:

Hibs had chances to win last night but didn't take them. They played well in parts but it's Hibs, so no guarantee they'll play well in the next game. 

Barring the two penalties H1b5 could've won last night.

The 1st was a classic case of eyes wide shut and being late when going in for a contested header. A late challenge like that swiping at an opponent's shin outfield would be a red card. Reckless challenge.

The 2nd one was Newall being Newall ... only moments after the commentator commending him. Lol.

Celtic were pretty awful over the piece. Brenda seems to have done the impossible and taken Celtic down several notches. On paper it should've been an absolute stuffing but they won due to H1b5' ineptitude.

But, thems the breaks when things aren't going well for a team, and our Lochend neighbours are clearly in that space.

Meanwhile, our last 10 games?

WWWDWWWWWW

Australis

Just seen the highlights of the wee team game last night.

Empty seats all over the stadium.

The gift that keeps on giving.

Wee Mikey
49 minutes ago, Montgomery Brewster said:

Dic seems way too sensible for them. 

'Dic' knows the (likely) score for Feb's Tynie derby encounter.

8-0

Montgomery Brewster
7 hours ago, Wee Mikey said:

'Dic' knows the (likely) score for Feb's Tynie derby encounter.

8-0

🙏🏻 FTH

Wee Mikey
42 minutes ago, Montgomery Brewster said:

🙏🏻 FTH

I almost cannae wait and will be counting down the sleeps. 😀

See our recent run of nae goals in the 1st half, yet winning regardless?

Methinks it's a cunning plan by Naisy to fool the Fool Monty into going gung-ho 1st half whereupon we'll pick them off 4-0 by ½ time and then go on to slot another 4 past them 2nd half when our substitutions are made.

11 hours ago, Sooks said:

Just read the last 3 pages of that and so wish I could go and bump that thread.

Some guy couldn’t wait to meet us back in December and send us into meltdown 🙈

If they only knew how things were going to turn out after the Celtic away game for us and how badly it was going to go for them 😁

Also it’s funny how there is not one thread about us over on hibs net at the moment. 
There are normally a few threads trying to slag us about anything they can 

Arthur Morgan

I'm trying to find that recent article that talks about us having one of the best derby record in world football. Sure it was posted on here a month or so ago. 

Now that Hibs are barrie again, a "herioc" 1-2 defeat makes it so, apparently, I'm worried that the 22 point gap isn't enough to fend them off.

Wtf happens to those people when they sign up to dotnut: a free LSD tab with every post or a wee batch of last September's 'shrooms?

0-3 vs. St. Mirren and they're suicidal; 1-2 vs. Celtic and the future is rosy?

They're not right.

They can't be.

Arthur Morgan
1 hour ago, martoon said:

Now that Hibs are barrie again, a "herioc" 1-2 defeat makes it so, apparently, I'm worried that the 22 point gap isn't enough to fend them off.

Wtf happens to those people when they sign up to dotnut: a free LSD tab with every post or a wee batch of last September's 'shrooms?

They're not right.

They can't be.

They don't seriously think they can overtake us? 🤣

2 hours ago, martoon said:

They're not right.

They can't be.

Free lobotomy with every kiddies season ticket purchased!

1 hour ago, Arthur Morgan said:

No, even they aren't that deluded.  Most of them even took the pi55 out of the guy who suggested they could close the gap by 12 points by the time we'd played the OF either side of the next derby.  His half-baked notion was based on the following assumption:

1. They avoid falling further behind us over the next 3 games

2. We lose to both arse cheeks and Hibs in the following 3 games

3. They win their following 3 games, including the derby, and also win their game in hand

Unfortunately this notion fell at the first hurdle as they have now fallen 6 points further behind after 2 games, and if we beat Motherwell and they lose at Aberdeen, they will have actually done as worse as was possible in trying not to fall further behind.  

If I was a Hibs fan (perish the thought) I'd be more worried about the possibility that Ross County get a new manager bounce after the wee weirdo has left the building.  They have still to play Hibs twice before the split and if they start picking up points Hibs could find themselves getting sucked towards the play-off spot.

Oda be a JT
On 07/02/2024 at 00:48, Arthur Morgan said:

Someone with a YouTube account reply to this guy for me, because my replies keep getting removed automatically 🤣

Just catching up on the thread, anything in particular you wanted to say in ‘your reply’ 😁

2 hours ago, RobNox said:

Unfortunately this notion fell at the first hurdle as they have now fallen 6 points further behind after 2 games, and if we beat Motherwell and they lose at Aberdeen, they will have actually done as worse as was possible in trying not to fall further behind.  

Sensational! 🤣🤣

5 hours ago, martoon said:

They're not right.

They can't be.

I think it’s the scent of their sisters underwear that sends them a bit loopy. Unbridled passion can cause you to do crazy things. 

Some cracking post on the HSL thread now. They actually believe that Foley was not approached by the Gordon’s to help bail them out.

The Gordon’s and Kensell have been spraffing a lot of nonsense to Foley. 

Football success, big crowds and brilliant academy. 

Jamstomorrow
1 hour ago, Dazo said:

I think it’s the scent of their sisters underwear that sends them a bit loopy. Unbridled passion can cause you to do crazy things. 

Could this be the answer to their financial woes?   The Hobos club shop selling 'sister's used undies?'   

One of the reasons HSL didn't really get off the ground as the fans didn't have trust in it.

Which kind of highlights what vermin fans think of each other and how others see them too. 

They are ****ed. This isn't going to be a quick death but a long, drawn out and thoroughly enjoyable (from our perspective) process.

FarmerTweedy
On 07/02/2024 at 18:07, Vlad Magic said:

I’ve heard he was instrumental in clamping down on the HSL campaign. The equivalent of FOH. He labeled the whole idea a massive Ponzi Scheme and totally discredited it from the beginning.

The irony being fast forward to now if HSL had succeeded and they gained fan control they wouldn’t be in the position they find themselves now. IE potentially being taken to the cleaners by foreign investors with no interest in the club!

Alanis Morresette should write a song.

Just realised the final irony could be that rather than bring down Hearts our old mate Sergey could be responsible for bringing down his own club 🤣

Maybe he was actually a Jambo playing the (extremely) long game? 🤔  😃

I P Knightley
22 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Might need a song

If you're composing a song this week, I wouldn't commit to the lyric of "22". By the time they visit Tynie at the end of the month, it's likely to be a bigger number. 

21 hours ago, Wee Mikey said:

The 1st was a classic case of eyes wide shut and being late when going in for a contested header. A late challenge like that swiping at an opponent's shin outfield would be a red card. Reckless challenge.

The 2nd one was Newall being Newall ... only moments after the commentator commending him. Lol.

As a former centre back myself, I would leap to the defence of any defender going in for that challenge (perhaps not so strongly for a Hibs defender). He had eyes up looking at the ball and it looked like a reasonably well-timed jump to heid the ba', if it hadn't been for the Celtic geezer being slightly higher than him and slightly nearer the direction the ball was coming from. In short, about as much a 50:50 as you're likely to see. 

2 hours ago, Dazo said:

:rofl:

leipzig76
3 hours ago, Dazo said:

:welldone:

7 hours ago, Arthur Morgan said:

6 hours ago, Jambo61 said:

Free lobotomy with every kiddies season ticket purchased!

3 hours ago, Dazo said:

😄

RustyRightPeg
3 hours ago, Rods said:

Some cracking post on the HSL thread now. They actually believe that Foley was not approached by the Gordon’s to help bail them out.

The Gordon’s and Kensell have been spraffing a lot of nonsense to Foley. 

Football success, big crowds and brilliant academy. 

It's a rescue mission. I dare say Mr Foley has the best lawyers in the states, but I wonder if he really knows what he's signing up to.

5 hours ago, Dazo said:

:rofl:Post of the year contender.

Wee Mikey
5 hours ago, I P Knightley said:

As a former centre back myself, I would leap to the defence of any defender going in for that challenge (perhaps not so strongly for a Hibs defender). He had eyes up looking at the ball and it looked like a reasonably well-timed jump to heid the ba', if it hadn't been for the Celtic geezer being slightly higher than him and slightly nearer the direction the ball was coming from. In short, about as much a 50:50 as you're likely to see. 

Point #1:- Well, I've yet to see any photo of a challenge for a header with either of the players having their eyes anything other than screwed shut.

Point #2:- Precisely! The H1b5 fella was never going to win that, mis-timed it, well late, and basically stuck the heid on the Celtic player. Maybe had he been watching where he was heading?

Screenshot_20240209_155445_Google.jpg

Screenshot_20240209_155456_Google.jpg

Screenshot_20240209_155504_Google.jpg

I P Knightley
37 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

Point #1:- Well, I've yet to see any photo of a challenge for a header with either of the players having their eyes anything other than screwed shut.

Point #2:- Precisely! The H1b5 fella was never going to win that, mis-timed it, well late, and basically stuck the heid on the Celtic player. Maybe had he been watching where he was heading?

Screenshot_20240209_155445_Google.jpg

Screenshot_20240209_155456_Google.jpg

Screenshot_20240209_155504_Google.jpg

I meant he had his eyes on the ball as he made the jump. The Celtic player would have been in his peripheral vision at best and then, yes, when it comes to the actual stoating of the ball, his eyes would have been closed. It struck me as a genuine effort to heid the ba' rather than a reckless challenge but I don't know why I'm coming to the defence of a Hibby. And Kenny Miller said it was a "stonewaller", so I should just shut my trap. 

The Hibby bloke never got booked for it, though. 

5 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

I meant he had his eyes on the ball as he made the jump. The Celtic player would have been in his peripheral vision at best and then, yes, when it comes to the actual stoating of the ball, his eyes would have been closed. It struck me as a genuine effort to heid the ba' rather than a reckless challenge but I don't know why I'm coming to the defence of a Hibby. And Kenny Miller said it was a "stonewaller", so I should just shut my trap. 

The Hibby bloke never got booked for it, though. 

In these days of heightened caution about head injuries in lots of sports, you’d say he got away with one. For me there’s a very good argument for a straight red here. Endangering an opponent? Hell, yes. The Celtic player leaves the pitch on a stretcher. One player is more or less taking a standing jump for the ball, the other comes steaming into him from a distance and absolutely sticks the nut on him. 

I’d have had the Hibs toerag straight off the pitch.

15 minutes ago, 151 said:

All this crashing and burning.

:sweeet:

Wish we could crash and burn every year. Also, if we are crashing and burning I wonder what one would call Hibs' season.

I love watching us crash and burn. Especially if it means we can catch Sevco and qualify for Europe instead of hubz bottom six. Even if they do win the singing contest.

Arthur Morgan
14 hours ago, Oda be a JT said:

Just catching up on the thread, anything in particular you wanted to say in ‘your reply’ 😁

I would definitely mention their officially reported debt, they are probably in a worse position than us financially atm 😂

Oda be a JT
1 hour ago, Arthur Morgan said:

I would definitely mention their officially reported debt, they are probably in a worse position than us financially atm 😂

Is that all!

hmmmm incoming 

Those clowns over there are unbelievable,  one half decent 90 mins against Celtic and a win over a dreadful Championship side and all of a sudden they are back on track , going to win the cup and nick our Uefa Cup spot, deluded beyond belief 😂

There non hivs scottish matches thread is amusing.  Resorted to the poppy thief's chat tonight because we're so many light years ahead of them. 😊❤️

Australis
16 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Those clowns over there are unbelievable,  one half decent 90 mins against Celtic and a win over a dreadful Championship side and all of a sudden they are back on track , going to win the cup and nick our Uefa Cup spot, deluded beyond belief 😂

Not before they sell their HSL shares to the Gordon's and Foleys at the end of the month.

One right fecked up set of supporters, let's dilute our shares........... to make them worthless.

vegas-voss

They are absolutely spewing about how well Hearts are playing now and it gets even more bitter if anyone dares mention we are over there 🤣

1971fozzy
54 minutes ago, ramrod said:

their top scorer is Youan. On 4 goals. 4 🤣🤣

• davemclaren changed the title to To hibs.net - here is how we're feeling tonight ( Monty sacked )