To hibs.net - here is how we're feeling tonight

Craigieboy

1971fozzy
20 hours ago, Finlay James said:

I’m loving their gloating, it will be all the sweeter when they inevitably fall flat.

this is where I get confused. They are 6th. WTF is there to gloat about. Weirdos 

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sooks

• martoon

• maroonlegions

• Wee Mikey

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1971fozzy
19 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Guaranteed Blair and Dhanda score v them next season, at least once.

Totally. just know that’s going to happen. They never ever learn

Edited by 1971fozzy

7 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

this is where I get confused. They are 6th. WTF is there to gloat about. Weirdos 

Because they aren’t scraping the bottom 6 looking for players*. They’re just happy with the bunch of players that they either signed by mistake, loans who couldn’t give two shits about their team or are just gid Hibs minded lads. 

*taking some of the stand out players from opponents. 

milky_26
14 hours ago, Vlad Magic said:

Poor Alex has spent to much time in his sisters bedroom and got the words Europe and “the shit” muddled up👍

it sounds like you've been on the sauce, alex is clearly the jambo and harry is the tramp

Rampant
20 hours ago, Felix Lighter said:

Foley was interviewed on sportsound the other week, he was asked specifically about the £6 million. He said hibs would have around £2 million to spend on players. Hardly a game changing amount. One would imagine supplementing Bournmouth loanees would make for a large chunk of that, so Foley gets the £2 million straight back. Deluded tramps.  

This is it.  They spent about £1.4m on just Vente and Youann.  They effectively spent another £1.5m to bring back Boyle.  Some perspective is needed as to what a £2-3m lift to their transfer budget can actually do...

The levels some Hibs fans are talking about I can only see coming through loans.  I suspect they'll get some better quality in, we have seen it already to be fair, but it's a far more uncertain approach and will see their team continously be 'in transition', the excuse fans use to justify poor results.  With Bouremouth top of the pile, I struggle to see how Hibs really grow from this opportunity.  They might get some flair players stopping by Easter Road and they may enjoy their Saturdays a bit more than they have been recently.  Good luck to them.

2 minutes ago, Rampant said:

This is it.  They spent about £1.4m on just Vente and Youann.  They effectively spent another £1.5m to bring back Boyle.  Some perspective is needed as to what a £2-3m lift to their transfer budget can actually do...

The levels some Hibs fans are talking about I can only see coming through loans.  I suspect they'll get some better quality in, we have seen it already to be fair, but it's a far more uncertain approach and will see their team continously be 'in transition', the excuse fans use to justify poor results.  With Bouremouth top of the pile, I struggle to see how Hibs really grow from this opportunity.  They might get some flair players stopping by Easter Road and they may enjoy their Saturdays a bit more than they have been recently.  Good luck to them.

As we’ve witnessed with them in the past when it comes to the business end of the season these loan players don’t have the fight. Their minds on the summer and where they are going so injury isn’t worth it. I wouldn’t fancy a team of loanees in a relegation fight that’s for sure.

PortyBeach
On 22/03/2024 at 18:29, jock _turd said:

If he ends up at Hibs, it will be because he is not good enough to get a decent team down south. Nobody is going to tell me he is leaving an EPL outfit to end up in the SPL at Hibs. I think someone said he is out of contract this summer does anybody really think that he thinks Hibs is a good move?

I think you’re right. He does look like a decent player, mind you.

A target for Hearts, perhaps? That would upset them 😊

Jambo in Bathgate
12 minutes ago, PortyBeach said:

I think you’re right. He does look like a decent player, mind you.

A target for Hearts, perhaps? That would upset them 😊

The only reason these players are at Hibs is to maximise transfer fees for Foley. They won’t play for Bournemouth and he has to get rid to prevent fair play penalties. Also with the new  potential overseer checking on clubs I’m sure Foley and others will be closely scrutinised. 

Finlay James
2 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

All of the Hibbys I know fully understand the deep shit they are in and are really worried.  The club is rudderless and has zero direction and now under the thumb of Bournemouth.

There are however some Hibbys who haven’t at all grasped this and think a billionaire is pumping in money to make them challengers.  As a Jambo, it’s popcorn time.

Australis
2 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

None of them seem to have noticed they are 6th.

Mad Bad and Dangerous
1 hour ago, Finlay James said:

All of the Hibbys I know fully understand the deep shit they are in and are really worried.  The club is rudderless and has zero direction and now under the thumb of Bournemouth.

There are however some Hibbys who haven’t at all grasped this and think a billionaire is pumping in money to make them challengers.  As a Jambo, it’s popcorn time.

This 100%  bring it on  😁😁😁😁

Vlad Magic
7 hours ago, WDJ87 said:

I think maybe Alex is a Jambo 😂👌

7 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Ffs vlad, read that again!

7 hours ago, milky_26 said:

it sounds like you've been on the sauce, alex is clearly the jambo and harry is the tramp

🤣🤣🤣🤣

Red wine!!! 

🤣🤣🤣

Wee Mikey

Anyone remember Islam Feruz?

Nope ... didn't think so.

As for Hearts  ...

... anyone remember Ben Wodburn?

Loanees are very much hit-or-miss.

We've had a fair few stinkers recently ... wasn't there one lauded would-be 'star' from Man U or L'pool who came up injured and didn't even kick a ball for us? (double-barelled name, IIRC).

Anyhoo, my point is this; H1b5 are likely to get engulfed with mediocre loanees. It'll be disruptive and they'll be struggling with too many incomers (over-paid Billy big baws ones to boot).

Meanwhile, we're wise to that kind of strategy now and will be looking at better long-term options with any loanees being properly targetted rather than foisted on us.

I predict 15+ incomers for h1b5 and mayhem as a result ... much like their recent transfer windows.

I wonder if they'll have one or two 'Rocky' signings this up-coming window ... players they'd rather ditch but who can invoke a clause.

It wouldn't surprise me in the least to see them retain Stevenson & Hanlon.

milky_26
10 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

As for Hearts  ...

We've had a fair few stinkers recently ... wasn't there one lauded would-be 'star' from Man U or L'pool who came up injured and didn't even kick a ball for us? (double-barelled name, IIRC).

Anyhoo, my point is this; H1b5 are likely to get engulfed with mediocre loanees. It'll be disruptive and they'll be struggling with too many incomers (over-paid Billy big baws ones to boot).

Meanwhile, we're wise to that kind of strategy now and will be looking at better long-term options with any loanees being properly targetted rather than foisted on us.

I predict 15+ incomers for h1b5 and mayhem as a result ... much like their recent transfer windows.

I wonder if they'll have one or two 'Rocky' signings this up-coming window ... players they'd rather ditch but who can invoke a clause.

ashley smith-brown from man city?

No Idle Talk

I don't know many Hibs fans, or read any of their forums, so I have no idea what the prevailing mood is amongst their fans regarding the set up they are now embroiled in. 

I can only say that I would never want Hearts to be where they are. A part of a chain of clubs where you are not the biggest link in the chain. That seems to me to be a pretty precarious position to be in. A part of your individuality is gone and to some extent you have become a pawn in a game designed, ultimately, to improve the fortunes of another club. 

Wee Mikey
2 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

Your memory is impeccable.

Man City.

Never forget where we got Joel Periera from.

🤣

AC Mallin_51

Hibs fans will never learn. 9/10 times they start bumping their gums about something it comes back to bite them. A problem with this Foley guy is he genuinely will not care about Hibs. It’s just a wee side project for him to shell off some deadwood or youngsters to from Bournemouth. If it all goes belly up with Hibs he’ll just move on, it probably won’t bother him. He’s certainly not in it for the right reasons and if it was us in that situation I’d be pretty concerned 

If carlsberg did rivals...
On 23/03/2024 at 00:13, martoon said:

🤢😄

I moved to Leith, aged 12, in time for secondary school.

The two best friends I made there were b&b Leithers.

Neither had any interest in football, were great lads and pals, but they both thought I was an oddball because I hadn't pumped a cousin.

True story, Sooks.

Were they each others cousins? 

Chuck Berry
2 hours ago, milky_26 said:

Last seen at Stalybridge Celtic and now possibly out of the game at 27.

Randy Marsh
24 minutes ago, Chuck Berry said:

Last seen at Stalybridge Celtic and now possibly out of the game at 27.

Just another one of those absolutely shite Cathro/Levein signings.  Too many to remember.

john thomas
23 minutes ago, Randy Marsh said:

Just another one of those absolutely shite Cathro/Levein signings.  Too many to remember.

Lots of good ones too .

Forgotten them as well?

Randy Marsh
2 minutes ago, john thomas said:

Lots of good ones too .

Forgotten them as well?

Aye.  Who?

john thomas
4 minutes ago, Randy Marsh said:

Aye.  Who?

Where should I start ?

Paul Hartley, MDV ?

Plenty others

martoon
18 hours ago, Jamstomorrow said:

Your 2 mates sound ideal to be h1b5 supporters.  Did they happen to say if their cousins were male or female?

They didn't as it goes. 

martoon
1 hour ago, If carlsberg did rivals... said:

Were they each others cousins? 

:nojustno:

Randy Marsh
11 minutes ago, john thomas said:

Where should I start ?

Paul Hartley, MDV ?

Plenty others

I was clearly talking about his time during his 2nd stint.

Corstojohn
15 hours ago, Finlay James said:

There is a guy at my work who honestly thinks that Foley is going to be pumping at least £6 million into Hibs every season.

Ricardo Quaresma
1 hour ago, Corstojohn said:

There is a guy at my work who honestly thinks that Foley is going to be pumping at least £6 million into Hibs every season.

That's a question I asked on here; unsurprisingly no person from here knew if that's what they thought was true :lol:

I bet loads of them have made the jump from wishing it was true to considering it fact :lol:

EH11 2NL
18 hours ago, Rudy T said:

As we’ve witnessed with them in the past when it comes to the business end of the season these loan players don’t have the fight. Their minds on the summer and where they are going so injury isn’t worth it. I wouldn’t fancy a team of loanees in a relegation fight that’s for sure.

Exactly. 2012 cup final springs to mind. 

7 hours ago, Randy Marsh said:

I was clearly talking about his time during his 2nd stint.

A few of Cathros were not as bad as he and the circumstances at the time made them appear . Tsiolis was a fantastic player but he just completely lost interest . Avlonitis went on to prove he was a good player since then as well . Changing a whole relatively successful and settled squad in January was stupidity on a grand scale though .

Levein’s second tenure I saw a handful of decent players who had no chance because of all the complete shit signed around them . I hope Glenn Whelan has been left penniless by Karma . Dunne was a really good player . Washington would have been a good player if he had any kind of decent finisher to play off . What chance do players like that have when they are playing with Whelan , a crippled Berra , Damour , Martin , Grzlak and co though :( 

Finlay James
2 hours ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

That's a question I asked on here; unsurprisingly no person from here knew if that's what they thought was true :lol:

I bet loads of them have made the jump from wishing it was true to considering it fact :lol:

Any Hibs media conference on the topic is filled with ambiguity.  Foley has done nothing more than bought himself shares and a seat on the board and Hibs are using the funds to plug some gaping financial gaps or as they have termed it, ‘infrastructure projects’.

Their last set of accounts came with

massive alarm bells and unless they are cutting back dramatically, the next set will be even worse, albeit with the foley cash injection included.  Long story short, they’re living outwith their means and have no infrastructure to off set and built income streams (Bit coin Ponzi scheme aside).

I genuinely think the Gordon’s thought player trading would be much better that it has been and that they have been sold a pup and are looking for a way out, which foley may give them.

I’d be very worried if I were of the vermin persuasion.  These yank businessmen won’t give a shit about Hibs, as you can already see with the way Lorient fans feel about his grip on their club.

Ricardo Quaresma
1 minute ago, Finlay James said:

Any Hibs media conference on the topic is filled with ambiguity.  Foley has done nothing more than bought himself shares and a seat on the board and Hibs are using the funds to plug some gaping financial gaps or as they have termed it, ‘infrastructure projects’.

massive alarm bells and unless they are cutting back dramatically, the next set will be even worse, albeit with the foley cash injection included.  Long story short, they’re living outwith their means and have no infrastructure to off set and built income streams (Bit coin Ponzi scheme aside).

I genuinely think the Gordon’s thought player trading would be much better that it has been and that they have been sold a pup and are looking for a way out, which foley may give them.

I’d be very worried if I were of the vermin persuasion.  These yank businessmen won’t give a shit about Hibs, as you can already see with the way Lorient fans feel about his grip on their club.

The yank was quoted as saying £2M of this money was available for funding player transfers / wages

He didn't specify if that was for players already at the club, paid by borrowed money and therefore already spent :lol:

Or paying for loan deals, from bournemouth :lol:

kingantti1874
10 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

The yank was quoted as saying £2M of this money was available for funding player transfers / wages

He didn't specify if that was for players already at the club, paid by borrowed money and therefore already spent :lol:

🤣 £2m which wouldn’t even cover the massive losses they’ve been running up trying to keep up with us.

I’ve seen that Kensell described as a snake oil salesman.  Seems like an apt description . 

Ricardo Quaresma
10 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

🤣 £2m which wouldn’t even cover the massive losses they’ve been running up trying to keep up with us.

I’ve seen that Kensell described as a snake oil salesman.  Seems like an apt description . 

It's a revelation and I'm quite taken aback by the damage they and the sheep are inflicting on themselves trying to keep up with us

Delightful :smuggy:

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

It's a revelation and I'm quite taken aback by the damage they and the sheep are inflicting on themselves trying to keep up with us

It sure is. Neither of them have the core support or business to genuinely keep pace.

up to us to press home the advantage

If carlsberg did rivals...
14 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

I think the sheep are potentially heading for a very bad decade or two, any spare cash has to be spent on maintenance of a crumbling stadium, new stands or a new stadium altogether. Less money spent on players, less successful on pitch, less fans through the turnstiles, less money to spend on players! And so it continues, hopefully!

RustyRightPeg
15 hours ago, milky_26 said:

He was impressive in a pre-season friendly against Newcastle then he vanished.

1 hour ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

bring it on.jpg

1971fozzy
2 hours ago, Finlay James said:

the very fact that he hasn’t even been to Edinburgh (never mind Easter road) and now owns 25% of the club would be setting off alarm bells everywhere. Seems lost on them. 

boag1874
2 hours ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

It'll take at least £2m just to overhaul that utter shambles of a back 4, plus they'll have Marcondes & Maolida to replace :lol: 

£2m extra to spend picking up literally any young foreign player that's willing to sign for them in the hope that they turn out to be half decent & turn into a money maker, so far they've had a rip roaring success with that strategy :lol: 

Ricardo Quaresma
2 minutes ago, boag1874 said:

It'll take at least £2m just to overhaul that utter shambles of a back 4, plus they'll have Marcondes & Maolida to replace :lol: 

£2m extra to spend picking up literally any young foreign player that's willing to sign for them in the hope that they turn out to be half decent & turn into a money maker, so far they've had a rip roaring success with that strategy :lol: 

If the Gordons sold all the assets they own, foley would also happily trouser his cut and find another club

Maybe invest in the sheep where another yankee doodle dandy resides :lol:

Australis

Did the wee team filth not just lose 5 million over the last year. Hence the need for Toley.

What will it be next year.

And when they now have to sign players from teams below them from lower leagues. I bet they will be superstars of the future to their fans.

boag1874
1 hour ago, If carlsberg did rivals... said:

I think the sheep are potentially heading for a very bad decade or two, any spare cash has to be spent on maintenance of a crumbling stadium, new stands or a new stadium altogether. Less money spent on players, less successful on pitch, less fans through the turnstiles, less money to spend on players! And so it continues, hopefully!

I agree, that's 2/3 seasons now in the bottom 6 wilderness and yet another manager gone before the season ends. We've been there and we know how hard it is to stop that rot, they'll get a cash injection from European participation this year which will help them a bit plus probably fees for the likes of Miovski, Barron & Duk but a mass rebuild every year isn't good, again we've been there too.

I've said it before, they got very VERY lucky in the 2010s that ourselves, hibs & the huns were in such a state and then after recovery we had several major infrastructure projects to fund (Hibs I believe have also spent a fair bit in this area keeping it updated but not as much as us because they didn't have the Vlad mess to fix). They've went all in to get a successful team on the park the last decade and try cement themselves above the rest but without full houses and European football bringing extra cash in it isn't sustainable to run a club this way while neglecting to address major infrastructure issues. Their new ground was a pipe dream from the start and it's obvious they didn't have the resources available to build it much like us with Vlad's main stand.

Now Pittodrie is REALLY looking like a mess and they can't keep patching it up and carrying on forever because the costs will become not worth it, it needs proper upgrades done to it but that will cost big money and likely see them stuck in the wilderness a bit longer.

Stupid Sexy Flanders
18 hours ago, Wee Mikey said:

As for Hearts  ...

We've had quite a few EPL loanees over the years, and I can't think of very many we'd consider a success. Naismith, Cochrane and Simms aside, they've been largely woeful. You assume a guy who's on loan from Man Utd/City/Liverpool is going to be at least half decent, but it turns out they're not. 

Joel Pereira - Man Utd. 

Paul McCallum - West Ham.

Michael Ngoo - Liverpool.

Ryotaro Meshino - Man City.

That full back from Man City you mentioned, who we never ever saw. 

The boy Choulay(?) from Stoke. 

Demitri Mitchell - Man Utd. 

And probably loads more who were so forgettably average I can't even picture them. Dogshit. 

Edited by Stupid Sexy Flanders

TheBigO
1 hour ago, boag1874 said:

£2m isn't that much.  Don't get me wrong its good dosh, but what does it get Hibs?  You need to box smart and have they shown that their recruitment team can do so?  Are they capable of finding a Calem Niewenhof? I dont see it.

Like someone else said, that £2m was largely splurted on Vente and Youan last summer.  Include the equiv of £1.5m on Boyle, the fees for those 3 alone were £3m.  And that's without wages etc.

Now perhaps the £2m is over and above their usual spending, which would be a welcome boost for them, no doubt about it, no point denying it.  But even then, if it was Hearts, I wouldn't be thinking megastars, cos what do you get with a £1.5m megastar?  Well firstly, you get his wages and how does that tie in to your structure.  You also get a complete crap shot at that market.  Who are Hibs attracting at £1m+ who will smash it for them?  Again it comes down to great scouting.

I think it's a much harder situation than they realise and in all honesty, if their budget was being pushed higher, if I was a Hibs supported (eugh) then I'd have been hoping for the budget to at least partly be used on the types of guys we're signing at present.  It always has to be someone fancy with them.  Loads of us said Levitt was never the player they needed, nor a player we in any way wanted, but he has a decent wee highlights reel so he's the type of guy they sign.  They need good solid players, especially in defence and until they start recruiting that, they can dream all they want about the superstars they can afford (read here mercinaries who won't bleed for them, and who they can't afford), but they'll still be inonsistent and soft as shite.

I'd be concerned about a lot of things at Hibs.  But I'm not.  I'm waiting for the deck of cards to fall and I'll laugh, titter, chuckle and might even manage a guffaw.

And here we are sitting not a care in the world beyond need a new right back. Minor stuff really.

WorldChampions1902

So, looking closer to home and given previous experience, in the 2023 Accounts, James Anderson gifted us £4.5m, FOH raised £1.5m, we can conservatively expect to pocket a minimum £5m from next seasons European run and if Shankland leaves, anything between £4m to £5m could be coming our way. Others may leave the club too for a few £million such as Cochrane - at least another £2m for him.

Given the above scenarios, we are potentially looking at a total of around £17m - £18m ‘extra’ in our finances, all of which in theory could be made available for the playing side. Meanwhile, the docksiders are cock-a-hoop about having a £2m boost to their playing budget.

I won’t be losing any sleep about the Vermin.

martoon
10 minutes ago, WorldChampions1902 said:

So, looking closer to home and given previous experience, in the 2023 Accounts, James Anderson gifted us £4.5m, FOH raised £1.5m, we can conservatively expect to pocket a minimum £5m from next seasons European run and if Shankland leaves, anything between £4m to £5m could be coming our way. Others may leave the club too for a few £million such as Cochrane - at least another £2m for him.

Given the above scenarios, we are potentially looking at a total of around £17m - £18m ‘extra’ in our finances, all of which in theory could be made available for the playing side. Meanwhile, the docksiders are cock-a-hoop about having a £2m boost to their playing budget.

I won’t be losing any sleep about the Vermin.

They will read all that, dismiss it and continue believing they are miles ahead of us.

THEY HAVE THE MOMENTUM.

It's all in their heads but that's good enough for the average Hibby/dotnut. 😊

Wee Mikey
2 hours ago, boag1874 said:

Don't forget ... according to Wee Lee, £2M is but one 5th of a 'Rocky'.

Thankfully, I don't even have to make that up! 🤣

2 hours ago, boag1874 said:

Since Bosman has any team gambling by spending big bucks ever actually worked?

Us, Dundee, Gretna and currently Dundee United who are in mountains of debt. Throw in Rangers who gambled on Champions league money. Celtic pre Fergus McCann.

The throw high earners for instants success never works out. 

The model we have of learning and sustainably will keep us 3rd or 4th for a long time.

On the funny side at least some of them get the natural order of things.

IMG_0595.png