To hibs.net - here is how we're feeling tonight

Craigieboy

46 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Won't that mysterious guy that, along with gordos & foley, now have absolute power over there, be pivotal in selling any part of the club?

He was pivotal in accepting the foley investment, wasn't he?

He was king maker . Leslie Robb 

Basically he wiped out HSL as any kind of force and now has a cosy seat on the board

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sooks

• martoon

• maroonlegions

• Wee Mikey

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ricardo Quaresma
Just now, Sooks said:

He was king maker . Leslie Robb 

Basically he wiped out HSL as any kind of force and now has a cosy seat on the board

Is he a confirmed hibby? Guessing he obviously is

Just now, Ricardo Quaresma said:

I think he is and also has connections to BG similar to Anderson.

I get the feeling he see’s himself as a future AB and is in a win/win situation things go well with the Gordon/Foley hookup he is happy as a fan. Things go south he is in the right place to know it’s coming and snap the club up and take it forward possibly with a new version of HSL.

Ricardo Quaresma
2 minutes ago, Rods said:

I think he is and also has connections to BG similar to Anderson.

I get the feeling he see’s himself as a future AB and is in a win/win situation things go well with the Gordon/Foley hookup he is happy as a fan. Things go south he is in the right place to know it’s coming and snap the club up and take it forward possibly with a new version of HSL.

Ah, right enough, I remember someone mentioned the Baillie Gifford connection now 👍

I wonder how committed he is; he'll have to buy the lot from the rest of them though

10 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Seems to be yes . Pretty sure either or both of Duff and Gray were too however :) 

Ricardo Quaresma
1 minute ago, Sooks said:

Seems to be yes . Pretty sure either or both of Duff and Gray were too however :) 

:lol:

4 minutes ago, db211833 said:

EEN desperately trying to make Hibs relevant :D

McGinn left them 6 years ago ffs

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/steve-clarke-scotland-message-hearts-stars-hibs-heroes-euro-2024-bid-4572196

Yeah that was ****ing weird :lol: 

Might as well have said that Hibs fans will be thrilled that the grass is a similar colour to their shirts 

2 hours ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Ah, right enough, I remember someone mentioned the Baillie Gifford connection now 👍

I wonder how committed he is; he'll have to buy the lot from the rest of them though

He might pick them up quite cheaply when the experiment fails.

He has got himself into a place where he can continue to see under the bonnet. 

He must have realised HSL was not going to be a success this time around and manoeuvred into position.

It would be akin to having AB on the board during the Romanov era. 

Time will tell if he is going to have the power to act to prevent the failure at Hibs and to what level he can soften the blow

He seems to be the only safety net currently at Hibs.

martoon

FTHibs

Edited by martoon

DesertDawg

It's called "armchair journalism," where the writer works from home and submits his article by email where it's selected for publication, or not, by available space.

The real Evening News journalists of years ago would be horrified by the "quality" of today's contributors.

Jambo in Bathgate
1 hour ago, DesertDawg said:

It's called "armchair journalism," where the writer works from home and submits his article by email where it's selected for publication, or not, by available space.

The real Evening News journalists of years ago would be horrified by the "quality" of today's contributors.

Is this not the case for most so called journalists in Scotland in the media in general. The internet is blamed for papers not selling but it’s the lack of quality journalism that has done them too.

8 hours ago, Jambo in Bathgate said:

Is this not the case for most so called journalists in Scotland in the media in general. The internet is blamed for papers not selling but it’s the lack of quality journalism that has done them too.

There was a period of time where our one time two decent newspapers the Scotsman and Edinburgh Evening News just completely abandoned all pretence of being impartial on politics and sport . They drove away a big chunk of their readership . Idiots like Aidan Smith , and  his Hibby pals made an absolute midden of the football coverage , and the political position taken on Scottish politics drove away a great many more . This was at a time when online media was starting to threaten their existence . They basically committed suicide by alienating too many of their former readers at a time when they most needed people to keep buying and subscribing 

DesertDawg
5 hours ago, Sooks said:

There was a period of time where our one time two decent newspapers the Scotsman and Edinburgh Evening News just completely abandoned all pretence of being impartial on politics and sport . They drove away a big chunk of their readership . Idiots like Aidan Smith , and  his Hibby pals made an absolute midden of the football coverage , and the political position taken on Scottish politics drove away a great many more . This was at a time when online media was starting to threaten their existence . They basically committed suicide by alienating too many of their former readers at a time when they most needed people to keep buying and subscribing 

Do they really have an "editor" anymore?  The number of articles submitted by these home "journalists" that reach publication with grammatical and spelling errors nowadays would have caused the serious editors of years ago to jump off the Scotsman building!

36 minutes ago, DesertDawg said:

Do they really have an "editor" anymore?  The number of articles submitted by these home "journalists" that reach publication with grammatical and spelling errors nowadays would have caused the serious editors of years ago to jump off the Scotsman building!

Totally . Quite sad really :( 

db211833

The latest EN fanboy John Greechan is about as bad as it has ever been. Seems to think himself a wordsmith and the result is some unreadable articles desperately trying to convince that Hibs are good.

132goals1958
19 hours ago, DesertDawg said:

There is an article on Frankie Kent in today’s Evening News by Barry Anderson. Apparently he has had 28 starts this season with 3 assists and 0 goals. Did I just imagine he scored against The Spartans.

DesertDawg
1 hour ago, 132goals1958 said:

There is an article on Frankie Kent in today’s Evening News by Barry Anderson. Apparently he has had 28 starts this season with 3 assists and 0 goals. Did I just imagine he scored against The Spartans.

Easy mistake for "Banderson" to make since it was the Scottish Cup tie against Spartans when Kent scored but even a basic editor should have spotted that. 

Fxxx the SPFL
4 hours ago, db211833 said:

The latest EN fanboy John Greechan is about as bad as it has ever been. Seems to think himself a wordsmith and the result is some unreadable articles desperately trying to convince that Hibs are good.

Never purchased the daily hobo for years 

WeeToonJambo
14 hours ago, db211833 said:

Hates Hearts.  I remember he was writing in, I think, the Daily Mail, during the Vlad years.  He took great delight in writing articles putting Hearts down at every opportunity.  One described us as "a dying club", with the fans singing "We're ***** and we know we are".  The second part was probably true at that time but look at us now, Greechan!

Mikey1874

There are other pictures and videos. Nice to have a game today as well.

3 hours ago, WeeToonJambo said:

Hates Hearts.  I remember he was writing in, I think, the Daily Mail, during the Vlad years.  He took great delight in writing articles putting Hearts down at every opportunity.  One described us as "a dying club", with the fans singing "We're ***** and we know we are".  The second part was probably true at that time but look at us now, Greechan!

He would have been perfect for the Scotsman back then too then . Their oh so hilarious and not even a little xenophobic articles by “ Vladimov Romanir “ of the time were sooo clever and witty . Really is a mystery why their readership plummeted around this time 

Edited by Sooks

Ricardo Quaresma
3 hours ago, WeeToonJambo said:

Schools I went to, he's one of those 5h1tebags that got what they deserved, doon bae the hair, booted in the face, justice :lol:

Pity you can't do that as an adult :lol:

martoon

A new thread over the road about Hibs' top 6 chances:

chrome_screenshot_30Mar202419_39_14GMT.thumb.png.54b9eec99ff37f093800f673f7d15558.png

I see a few are starting to realise that there superstar of all superstars their proof of next level is actually poor. 

Marcondes after a couple of semi decent games against rubbish sides is now going backwards.

I really hope they break the bank to keep him. 

Arthur Morgan

Very unprofessional from those scaffs 😬

Edited by Arthur Morgan

BangkokHearts
On 30/03/2024 at 00:01, DesertDawg said:

Spellcheckers can be installed for free. They are just too lazy to use even them!

HeartsandonlyHearts

How is the “hear me out” thread going over there.

Shouldn’t the points gap be down to low single digits by now?

8 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

20240330_224920.jpg

😆  tbf, quite funny. I'd have been raging if that pen had been given against hearts.

kingantti1874

Much as I’m delighted to see them lose.  The hibs Twitter isn’t wrong. 

it’s not a penalty, no chance. Other teams don’t get them simple as that 

Deevers
49 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Much as I’m delighted to see them lose.  The hibs Twitter isn’t wrong. 

it’s not a penalty, no chance. Other teams don’t get them simple as that 

Spot on. It’s the usual gift that they get over and over again.  If you knocked off all of these “decisions” they get I actually wonder where about in the league they would be. The same applies to the other arse cheek.

Ex member of the SaS

The offside call at the penalty shows even VaR didn't think it was a penalty but after the fuss made with Brenda VaR had to highlight it ( the penalty ) or Sevco fans would think they favoured Celtic. Both cheeks seem to think the other is getting everything, when every other fan knows it's them getting stuffed.

AC Mallin_51
16 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

20240330_224920.jpg

Personally think this pretty funny, the fact the SFA are looking to take action is mental imo

Montgomery Brewster
12 hours ago, HeartsandonlyHearts said:

How is the “hear me out” thread going over there.

Shouldn’t the points gap be down to low single digits by now?

Absolute roasters the lot of them ! 

FTH. 

11 minutes ago, AC Mallin_51 said:

Personally think this pretty funny, the fact the SFA are looking to take action is mental imo

Yeah I am actually quite interested in this one too . They are whining little Tiny Tim muppets , whos necks you could not mark with a blow torch such is the hypocrisy of their words and actions but ……….. the more that the disparity of decisions for and against the old firm are highlighted the better . I think they could defend this one quite easily just by pointing to the frequency with which these decisions occur 

Bob Loblaw
23 hours ago, martoon said:

A new thread over the road about Hibs' top 6 chances:

chrome_screenshot_30Mar202419_39_14GMT.thumb.png.54b9eec99ff37f093800f673f7d15558.png

Claiming they are now the strongest team outside the OF since adding the new players I see.

When the window closed we were 16 points ahead of them. We are now 18 ahead of them. They haven't beaten us, have went out the cup and we've still only lost 2 in our last 19 while Hibs have lost 2 in their last 4.

Apart from that though.

gordon simpson
23 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Adds up

ffs they are the pricks pricks 

martoon
1 hour ago, Bob Loblaw said:

Claiming they are now the strongest team outside the OF since adding the new players I see.

When the window closed we were 16 points ahead of them. We are now 18 ahead of them. They haven't beaten us, have went out the cup and we've still only lost 2 in our last 19 while Hibs have lost 2 in their last 4.

Apart from that though.

Beyond parody, Bob.

Just when you think the Hibby/dotnut has plumbed the depths of fantasy and delusion they dig even deeper.

1875: the best Christmas day present anyone ever had.

Mister T
3 hours ago, gordon simpson said:

ffs they are the pricks pricks 

Sorry to be pedanti but the pricks prick is Peter the Tim prick wank Grant. 

1971fozzy
On 30/03/2024 at 22:49, Mikey1874 said:

20240330_224920.jpg

brilliant. Suppose they have to have one post that’s relevant. Never in a million years a penalty so (this is likely the only time I will ever say this) well done

Edited by 1971fozzy