To hibs.net - here is how we're feeling tonight

Craigieboy

RustyRightPeg

MWHibbies seems a smart fella. A few agree. The rest not so much. Particularly the guy who thinks they got Marcondes 'before the black knight deal was signed'. As if he'd go to you lot without a push. The f****r doesn't care, he described himself as a pasta dish getting warmed up so it could be eaten elsewhere 😂 He's going at the end of the season.

They're obsessed with finances now it's amazing to see Leithers try to count and come to the realization that £6M up front (not all for the playing squad by the way) isn't actually that much and doesn't separate them from anyone 😂

Suddenly above players like Spittal & Dhanda, who have caused them problems this season. 

Really good watch. 

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sooks

• martoon

• maroonlegions

• Wee Mikey

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ricardo Quaresma
9 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

...he described himself as a pasta dish getting warmed up so it could be eaten elsewhere 😂 ...

He really said that? :rofl:

RustyRightPeg
4 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

He really said that? :rofl:

Emiliano Marcondes has gone down the unusual route of comparing himself to a pasta dish after making his Hibs debut.

The attacker saw his first proper action since last May after spending months on the sidelines at Bournemouth following surgery last summer for a long-standing foot injury. Coming on as a sub against Rangers, he played for just over half an hour and missed a decent chance to score, but is just looking to build up his match fitness.

He joked that, having been unable to take to the pitch for so long, he has felt like a cold pasta dish that no-one wants to eat. He's now looking to put himself in the oven and "make myself edible again." In other words, he wants to feel loved and he has the rest of the season to achieve that at Easter Road.

Ricardo Quaresma
1 minute ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Emiliano Marcondes has gone down the unusual route of comparing himself to a pasta dish after making his Hibs debut.

The attacker saw his first proper action since last May after spending months on the sidelines at Bournemouth following surgery last summer for a long-standing foot injury. Coming on as a sub against Rangers, he played for just over half an hour and missed a decent chance to score, but is just looking to build up his match fitness.

He joked that, having been unable to take to the pitch for so long, he has felt like a cold pasta dish that no-one wants to eat. He's now looking to put himself in the oven and "make myself edible again." In other words, he wants to feel loved and he has the rest of the season to achieve that at Easter Road.

👍

TheBigO
47 minutes ago, Rods said:

Since Bosman has any team gambling by spending big bucks ever actually worked?

Us, Dundee, Gretna and currently Dundee United who are in mountains of debt. Throw in Rangers who gambled on Champions league money. Celtic pre Fergus McCann.

The throw high earners for instants success never works out. 

The model we have of learning and sustainably will keep us 3rd or 4th for a long time.

On the funny side at least some of them get the natural order of things.

IMG_0595.png

Hold on what fun did they have when we were relegated?  Like when they got relegated too?  Or does he mean the time we were demoted by vote and still scudded them in the cup semi!?  

If that's what they regard fun....!??!

16 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Hold on what fun did they have when we were relegated?  Like when they got relegated too?  Or does he mean the time we were demoted by vote and still scudded them in the cup semi!?  

Comfortblanket.net

Cameronstheman

Though they always have the blatant lie of Poopy Thieves to fall back on when toiling !!!

jimbojambo

What I am struggling to understand is does the £6 million include the 25% share purchase or is that separate? 

19 minutes ago, jimbojambo said:

What I am struggling to understand is does the £6 million include the 25% share purchase or is that separate? 

6 million for the 25% of the shares. With the Gordon’s doing the DFE the money will go to the club to be spent on infrastructure and players.

They seem to be thinking Foley will be pumping money in every season to keep them in 3rd or in Europe. 

More likely scenario is foley won’t care a jot on Hibs league position as his focus will be on Bournemouth. 

Fozzyonthefence
30 minutes ago, Rods said:

6 million for the 25% of the shares. With the Gordon’s doing the DFE the money will go to the club to be spent on infrastructure and players.

They seem to be thinking Foley will be pumping money in every season to keep them in 3rd or in Europe. 

More likely scenario is foley won’t care a jot on Hibs league position as his focus will be on Bournemouth. 

So the Gordons could just pocket the whole £6m if they wish?🤔

martoon
1 hour ago, TheBigO said:

I was struggling with that one, too.

😄

Not unlike the thrill and hilarity they appear to squeeze out of our new main stand. "Stairs, windaes..."

That's some very gentle comedy, man.

5 hours ago, boag1874 said:

It'll take at least £2m just to overhaul that utter shambles of a back 4, plus they'll have Marcondes & Maolida to replace :lol: 

£2m extra to spend picking up literally any young foreign player that's willing to sign for them in the hope that they turn out to be half decent & turn into a money maker, so far they've had a rip roaring success with that strategy :lol: 

I’m not convinced they’ll make any money from signings, any sales will go into the group and if they’re signing for Bournemouth then they’re definitely not seeing a penny of that money. They’ll get a few more loaned players in return.

Wee Mikey
2 hours ago, RustyRightPeg said:

..... The f****r doesn't care, he described himself as a pasta dish getting warmed up so it could be eaten elsewhere 😂 He's going at the end of the season. .....

Mind you, as a H1b5 player he'll likely end up more akin to that take away left by the bed-side in 'The Granton Star Cause' which Boab the fly landed on next morning causing hideous gastric troubles.

https://www.channel4.com/programmes/the-granton-star-cause

3 hours ago, Cameronstheman said:

Though they always have the blatant lie of Poopy Thieves to fall back on when toiling !!!

I know it's a typo but they do exist. I wouldn't suggest googling 🤮

Australis

Can you imagine mysisterismymaw.net if the wee team sign a player from clubs below them in the league or from lower English and Scottish leagues.

They seem to think the players they sign from now will are from top leagues and clubs in Europe.

Gundermann
4 hours ago, RustyRightPeg said:

WTF?

200w.gif?cid=6c09b9523uf8i5tu7otlpydj3sd

1971fozzy
28 minutes ago, Australis said:

Can you imagine mysisterismymaw.net if the wee team sign a player from clubs below them in the league or from lower English and Scottish leagues.

They seem to think the players they sign from now will are from top leagues and clubs in Europe.

indeed. Missing out on the next John McGinn so they can play Harry Kane or Salah 🤣🤣.

they will struggle to get top 6 at the split

hibs play

Rangers (a)

St Johnstone (h)

Motherwell (a)

Dundee play

St Johnstone (a)

Motherwell (h)

Rangers (h)

Aberdeen (a)

hibs are 2 points ahead having  played a game more than Dundee.  I can see hibs maybe getting 3 points at home to St J,  but I can see Dundee getting at least 6 points in Perth and at home to Motherwell and possibly getting something at pittodrie.

one point ahead for Dundee at the split is my prediction. Bottom 6 for Hibs will be tremendous when they are slagging us for signing bottom 6 players 🤣

I can see Motherwell nipping the green melts to the top six on GD.  

😀 

3 hours ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

So the Gordons could just pocket the whole £6m if they wish?🤔

Yeh they could but I think they will follow through with the infrastructure and get on with the BK group for a bit.

Stuff will get interesting if they decide to release the callbacks/drawdown facilities being offered. 

That will be a big indicator of there long term plans. 

indianajones
4 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

I can see Motherwell nipping the green melts to the top six on GD.  

😀

Spittal to score the goal that does it. 

So the reality of the £6m Foley money is that about £2m will be available to augment the playing budget after the infrastructure spend.  It's not as if they can go out and splash £2m on transfer fees, that £2m is a one-off sum, unless Foley decides to go all philanthropic and start chucking money at Hibs out of the goodness of his heart.

So a one-off windfall of £2m gets them what?  2 players for £250k each on 3 year deals at £5k per week.  That's their £2m spent.  Get the signings right and they might improve the team, but they ain't turning Hibs into the 3rd force.

To put things into context, we get a £6m windfall every year from our benefactors and FOH, and while a lot of that money has been spent on infrastructure development in recent seasons, Budge is on record as saying we'll be putting a bigger chunk of this into the playing budget going forward.

Add to that the likely European windfall we'll get next season, which net of costs will add an absolute minimum of £3m profit and that's if we lose every game.

1971fozzy

Also given the state Aberdeen are in it’s all good. Aberdeen losing £5-6m a season and openly admitted their business model is to sustain that by selling players. They will sell Miovski no doubt and paper over the cracks this close season but when he goes he will be a huge loss. They are flirting with the play off place and that’s with him. They are in for a world of pain. Add in the elephant in the room that is their decrepit cess pit of a stadium and the huge money needing spent in maintenance / relocating and just wow.

Edited by 1971fozzy

13 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

Also given the state Aberdeen are in it’s all good. Aberdeen losing £5-6m a season and openly admitted their business model is to sustain that by selling players. They will sell Miovski no doubt and paper over the cracks this close season but when he goes he will be a huge loss. They are flirting with the play off place and that’s with him. They are in for a world of pain. Add in the elephant in the room that is their decrepit cess pit of a stadium and the huge money needing spent in maintenance / relocating and just wow.

That's the big thing, Cormack is trying to get the Council to help fund a development by the harbourside that will include a brand new stadium.  Unfortunately, Dippy Dave seems oblivious to the fact that local councils all over the UK are facing huge financial problems and financing a new football stadium might be well down their priority list.

They’ve really missed the boat re building a new stadium. Not doing it years ago means costs are now extortionate and I guess, out of reach for them.  I doubt they can fund it. There lies their problem, and it’s a very real one. Shame 🤭

kingantti1874
8 hours ago, RobNox said:

So the reality of the £6m Foley money is that about £2m will be available to augment the playing budget after the infrastructure spend.  It's not as if they can go out and splash £2m on transfer fees, that £2m is a one-off sum, unless Foley decides to go all philanthropic and start chucking money at Hibs out of the goodness of his heart.

So a one-off windfall of £2m gets them what?  2 players for £250k each on 3 year deals at £5k per week.  That's their £2m spent.  Get the signings right and they might improve the team, but they ain't turning Hibs into the 3rd force.

To put things into context, we get a £6m windfall every year from our benefactors and FOH, and while a lot of that money has been spent on infrastructure development in recent seasons, Budge is on record as saying we'll be putting a bigger chunk of this into the playing budget going forward.

Add to that the likely European windfall we'll get next season, which net of costs will add an absolute minimum of £3m profit and that's if we lose every game.

Nearly every penny of our Europe money will be profit.  The last time we spent it on stadium upgrades such as floodlighting and screeens. 

that aside you aren’t far off.  They lost more than £2m last season so if they gave a£2m injection they will be able to maintain current levels of spending for another season. 

DalryJambo
13 hours ago, Rudy T said:

I’m not convinced they’ll make any money from signings, any sales will go into the group and if they’re signing for Bournemouth then they’re definitely not seeing a penny of that money. They’ll get a few more loaned players in return.

I'm convinced the Gordon's will make more money in side payments for making the loan scheme possible than hibs will directly.

Doc Rob

The £6m investment sounds like a lot, but it reminds me of the SMG investment we had back in the late 90s - which sounded like a lot until you realised it had to cover player salaries and signing-on fees as well as transfers. And then we blew most of it signing the likes of Petric and Fitzroy Simpson.

10 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

This is why I would rather keep our better players and use them to earn money on the pitch . As you said any money Aberdeen get for their players is immediately gambled on their replacement , and all the while their league position is subject to a yoyo effect . I prefer to look at transfer fees as an unexpected and unplanned income stream , that we get as compensation for agreeing to let one of our big onfield earners go 

1 hour ago, Doc Rob said:

The £6m investment sounds like a lot, but it reminds me of the SMG investment we had back in the late 90s - which sounded like a lot until you realised it had to cover player salaries and signing-on fees as well as transfers. And then we blew most of it signing the likes of Petric and Fitzroy Simpson.

Got a lot more for your money back then too. 

We ****ed that up so badly.

6 hours ago, DalryJambo said:

I'm convinced the Gordon's will make more money in side payments for making the loan scheme possible than hibs will directly.

Indeed. This current agreement looks like the Gordon’s first move on their route out. They’ll want their money, and still own the ground and the training farm.

Jamhammer
22 hours ago, TheBigO said:

They’re deviants

So Yes 😀

Firefox
20 hours ago, indianajones said:

Spittal to score the goal that does it. 

He'll be a target for the vermin cloggers the next time Motherwell play them now that they know he'll be a big team player next season

DalryJambo
2 hours ago, Rudy T said:

Indeed. This current agreement looks like the Gordon’s first move on their route out. They’ll want their money, and still own the ground and the training farm.

Yea. Very easy for them to set up a side company that is paid for 'consultancy' at agreed levels. For example there could be a fee paid to this company for every player taken to hibs from the group. There could be another fee if any player that has been loaned to hibs is then sold for a profit.

Even if its a set fee per player going to hibs for experience and exposure (£50k say) and then a small percentage of sales (1% or .5%) this could easily make it worth their while. I'm not sure what the SFA or other bodies could do about this. 

I have nothing to back this up, but for me all these business people getting involved in massively loss making clubs makes little sense. There must be some benift to the owners for this type of arrangement.

Edit: There's a finical fair play loop hole aspect to this as well as maybe one team could buy a player and loan it to another for free hence reducing that teams spend. Again not sure of FIFA etc are on to this anyway. 

Edited by DalryJambo

martoon
8 hours ago, Firefox said:

He'll be a target for the vermin cloggers the next time Motherwell play them now that they know he'll be a big team player next season

Hibs players, cloggers or otherwise, didn't impede Yan Dhanda in any way 2 weeks back. 😄😉

Sub4TiddlerMurray
14 hours ago, DalryJambo said:

Yea. Very easy for them to set up a side company that is paid for 'consultancy' at agreed levels. For example there could be a fee paid to this company for every player taken to hibs from the group. There could be another fee if any player that has been loaned to hibs is then sold for a profit.

Even if its a set fee per player going to hibs for experience and exposure (£50k say) and then a small percentage of sales (1% or .5%) this could easily make it worth their while. I'm not sure what the SFA or other bodies could do about this. 

I have nothing to back this up, but for me all these business people getting involved in massively loss making clubs makes little sense. There must be some benift to the owners for this type of arrangement.

Edit: There's a finical fair play loop hole aspect to this as well as maybe one team could buy a player and loan it to another for free hence reducing that teams spend. Again not sure of FIFA etc are on to this anyway. 

Apologies if I’ve missed this, but is it also possible that Gordon will have an off-shore company to which they charge fees to the likes of Hibs to ensure no tax is paid to HMRC on income received? I.e. something similar to Starbucks, Apple, etc.?

(or am I just making this up? 😁)

Greenbank2
51 minutes ago, Sub4TiddlerMurray said:

Apologies if I’ve missed this, but is it also possible that Gordon will have an off-shore company to which they charge fees to the likes of Hibs to ensure no tax is paid to HMRC on income received? I.e. something similar to Starbucks, Apple, etc.?

Football clubs generally don't pay tax as they don't make a profit. (you don't pay tax on income). On an annual basis there may be an OPERATING profit but this is usually offset against previous losses, investments (ground upgrades, new players etc)

36 minutes ago, Greenbank2 said:

Football clubs generally don't pay tax as they don't make a profit. (you don't pay tax on income). On an annual basis there may be an OPERATING profit but this is usually offset against previous losses, investments (ground upgrades, new players etc)

They are now just a branded shell , merely a spoke in a wheel . Money will move through their club , the same as players . A shit little dockside bus stop on the main line between Bournemouth and France :lol: 

DalryJambo
2 hours ago, Sub4TiddlerMurray said:

I'm 100% certain this type of arrangement would be structured to maximise tax avoidance. The parent company of the American could be based in the states, the Gordon's are based in the States and this holding company could be in a tax haven somewhere. An invoice could be sent based on the agreed contract and the various arrangements triggered, covering the 'football consultancy services'. This would then be paid directly into the holding companies bank account. There's no reason for that to touch the UK tax system or hibs accounts etc.

I've NO proof at all this is what's happening its just speculation, but I remain sceptical as to why all these business people are buying multiple football clubs in minor leagues given how little money the clubs traditionally make.  The guy at the top of the tree gets to tap into massive TV money, European money, the potential of million pound player sale income if they find some gems, but all the clubs lower down don't really benefit from these income streams and just need to live off the scraps.

In hibs case, yes they'll get better players, but what are the loan fees? 

Yes they might win more games and get higher up the league, sell more tickets, get more prize money, get into Europe, but will this impact the development and sale of players they own? It also risks constantly unsettling the 1st team with a constantly changing squad.

As a fan a lot of this maybe doesn't matter. Better players, means better football and more wins. If that's enough, is the rest just irrelevant? As long as they're not left with millions of debt the next time the club changes hands then maybe its all just modern football/business? 

DalryJambo
1 hour ago, Greenbank2 said:

But the owners will pay tax and how they manage their income is very relevant.

Turkishcap

While my focus is on the Killie game....

If st mirren beat well and if sevco beat hubz with 2 games pre split would rule hobos out of a euro spot.

Just saying.

jimbojambo
On 25/03/2024 at 23:32, RobNox said:

So the Gordon's don't get any of the £6 million? Why then did they allow it if it diluted their share value and didn't benefit them? Hibbies be worried as too many unanswered questions and individuals looking for returns. James Anderson and FoH put money in unconditionally and don't get anything tangible in return. 

buzzbomb1958
4 hours ago, jimbojambo said:

So the Gordon's don't get any of the £6 million? Why then did they allow it if it diluted their share value and didn't benefit them? Hibbies be worried as too many unanswered questions and individuals looking for returns. James Anderson and FoH put money in unconditionally and don't get anything tangible in return. 

I’d say that hobos have more debt than has been disclosed, I’d say they are in the shit and needed that money badly

Cameronstheman

Hate the two cheeks, but if celtic beat aberdeen in the SCSF does that mean we are in a good place with 3rd for Europe , sorry no clued up on this shit 

Malinga the Swinga
15 minutes ago, Cameronstheman said:

Hate the two cheeks, but if celtic beat aberdeen in the SCSF does that mean we are in a good place with 3rd for Europe , sorry no clued up on this shit 

Yep, that is correct 

ShedBoy
On 26/03/2024 at 00:13, RobNox said:

That's the big thing, Cormack is trying to get the Council to help fund a development by the harbourside that will include a brand new stadium.  Unfortunately, Dippy Dave seems oblivious to the fact that local councils all over the UK are facing huge financial problems and financing a new football stadium might be well down their priority list.

The same council that stopped heating the swimming pool in the leisure club 200yds from pittodrie, due to lack of funds.

The council is rooked.

https://www.aberdeenlive.news/news/aberdeen-news/aberdeens-beach-leisure-centre-bucksburn-8206727

2 hours ago, JAYEL said:

Will Foleys man pick the team. ?

This would probably improve them . Montgomery is useless 

13 hours ago, jimbojambo said:

You could ask the same about why the Gordon's converted their loans into new shares.  Their loans were secured over Hibs assets, so on the face of it, it's not beneficial to them to write off these loans in return for new shares.  However, in doing so, it allowed them to maintain a controlling shareholding while also issuing new shares to Foley for his investment.

I'm not sure if there is some grand plan behind this, but one outcome of issuing the new shares to both the Gordons and Foley is that the HSL shareholding has been reduced to below 10% so they are even more of an irrelevance than they were before.

Hilarious that so many Hibs fans keep saying that they are "on another level" to Hearts when it comes to transfer dealings now 😂  Signing proven players like Dhanda, Penrice and Spittal are signings way below them now and not of their standard because they got a guy like superstar Marcondes on loan for 6 months - a guy btw who's never been capped by Denmark he's that good. Had never even heard of him before. Maybe because they've had so much absolute dross over the years they get a little bit over excited they actually bring in a decent player.

According to these roasters we just won't be able to compete with them financially as they're absolutely loaded now and seem oblivious to the fact we are in a very healthy position ourselves. Getting way too far ahead of themselves, but that's just how you want them to be.

Ricardo Quaresma
6 hours ago, RobNox said:

You could ask the same about why the Gordon's converted their loans into new shares.  Their loans were secured over Hibs assets, so on the face of it, it's not beneficial to them to write off these loans in return for new shares.  However, in doing so, it allowed them to maintain a controlling shareholding while also issuing new shares to Foley for his investment.

I'm not sure if there is some grand plan behind this, but one outcome of issuing the new shares to both the Gordons and Foley is that the HSL shareholding has been reduced to below 10% so they are even more of an irrelevance than they were before.

Won't that mysterious guy that, along with gordos & foley, now have absolute power over there, be pivotal in selling any part of the club?

He was pivotal in accepting the foley investment, wasn't he?