To hibs.net - here is how we're feeling tonight

Craigieboy

Gundermann
1 hour ago, TexasAndy said:

That's very true.  Their starting line up wage bill was at least as big as ours if not more that day which is not the story you get from Welsh, Brookmyre etc....

Brookmyre is no Hibs fan. This from one of his novels:

P1020406.JPG

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sooks

• martoon

• maroonlegions

• Mikey1874

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Over 10 years this threads been going and still they give us more reasons to add to it. Never change hibs, never change!

Gillsland jack

I have just been called a poppy thief on a text message, yup from a Hibby, I'm bricking it now, does this mean they are coming oot fighting likes🤣Oh dear how sad, is this the best they can come up with, how long has passed since the poppy thieves accusation first emerged? I'm sure that was all paid in full years ago was it not?

Anyhoo, I think the snowflakes are a wee bit upset after the weekends St Liedown drubbing.

1 minute ago, Gillsland jack said:

I have just been called a poppy thief on a text message, yup from a Hibby, I'm bricking it now, does this mean they are coming oot fighting likes🤣Oh dear how sad, is this the best they can come up with, how long has passed since the poppy thieves accusation first emerged? I'm sure that was all paid in full years ago was it not?

Anyhoo, I think the snowflakes are a wee bit upset after the weekends St Liedown drubbing.

YAM CHEETURZ :jj:

Wee Mikey
29 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

I'm not an expert either but it sounds like their shares are being further diluted by a large share issue. I understand from Hibs net this will give  Foley 25% and Bydand 61%. A key issue will be whether the combined shareholdings of the Gordons and Foley get to 90%. If so then from what I understand it would be possible for someone to take over that 90% share (eg by the Gordon's and  Foley selling to the same person - perhaps someone/ company which has 4% now)  allowing them to buy out the other shareholders and then they can do what they like with the assets. there may be some protections in law against this -perhaps someone more knowledgeable can clarify?

One way, or another, both the Gordons and Foley (BK) will, sooner or later, wish to cash in on their 'investments'. Let's face it, they are not shelling out for benefactor or altruistic reasons.

I'm no expert either, obviously, but the longer this goes on the less likely that a buyer would stump up the required dosh to buy the club.

My logic? The more they pump in, the more they'll want out when the time comes.

That leaves cashing in on e.g. real estate and if I were an absentee American owner with no real connection to Hibernian FC then it wouldn't be a difficult decision to wave goodbye.

Hence, without being able to assess the moves afoot, I'm pretty certain that they'll be positioning themselves with an exit strategy that'll not see them getting burned.

This could very well end badly for them.

Mikey1874
1 hour ago, ToadKiller Dog said:

Foley wants hibs to punt Monty .

I hear after watching "a shot at glory" Foley part owner of hibs has been pushing the Gordon's to get Robert Duval in as head coach . They already turned down his demand to get Mike Bassett in.

I think Warnock to Aberdeen especially if he gets good publicity, not even if he gets success puts Montgomery on borrowed time.

TexasAndy
1 hour ago, Stupid Sexy Flanders said:

Christopher Brookmyre? He's a St Mirren fan, did he have a lot to say about the 2012 Cup final? 🤔

I was sure he was a Hibs fan unless I am thinking of someone else.

RustyRightPeg
16 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

One way, or another, both the Gordons and Foley (BK) will, sooner or later, wish to cash in on their 'investments'. Let's face it, they are not shelling out for benefactor or altruistic reasons.

I'm no expert either, obviously, but the longer this goes on the less likely that a buyer would stump up the required dosh to buy the club.

My logic? The more they pump in, the more they'll want out when the time comes.

That leaves cashing in on e.g. real estate and if I were an absentee American owner with no real connection to Hibernian FC then it wouldn't be a difficult decision to wave goodbye.

Hence, without being able to assess the moves afoot, I'm pretty certain that they'll be positioning themselves with an exit strategy that'll not see them getting burned.

This could very well end badly for them.

It's reasons like this that Foley cannot set foot in Lorient's stadium.

He has utterly scunnered that club.

section s heart

Re the share issue, the numbers are hard to follow. Not impossible that Foley's big headline £6m investment has little or nothing to do with the playing squad, and plenty to do with buying the stake in the club, which only benefits the Gordon family. 

In any event, player loans are likely to make them worse on the park (5-1 anyone).

Wee Mikey
22 minutes ago, Gillsland jack said:

Meanwhile, after stupendous efforts from our board and investors (the number of 'moving parts' needing addressed to pull this off would've seen me in an early grave) we get this kind of publicity. 👇

It must drive them bonkers.

They love trumpeting their various (alleged) 'firsts', so they do. But, see if I had the time? I'd mock them with a satirical Hibernian FC announcement substituting 'hovel' for 'hotel'.

4 minutes ago, TexasAndy said:

Definitely a buddy so you'll need to rack your brain as to who you were thinking about

scott herbertson
10 minutes ago, TexasAndy said:

Definitely not

I know him through a Book festival I help organise and a buddy he is. And a very nice guy despite that..

Edited by scott herbertson

1 hour ago, Rods said:

It looks like the gordons have converted 3.1m of the loan facility into shares (DFE) to keep their own holding up now that the new shares have been given to the BK consortium. The smaller shareholders will have their shares diluted ie HSL and a few others. The gordons are sacrificing smaller shareholders to entice the BK group and not themselves. 

It also seems that BK group are getting 25% of the company for a whopping 1.4m which seems very low.

That is how I see it too . The reason it seems low though is surely because they are buying off a debt ridden owner 

Wee Mikey
6 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

It's reasons like this that Foley cannot set foot in Lorient's stadium.

He has utterly scunnered that club.

Well, let's face it, if he can scunner the H1b5 even moreso than they already are then that'll be some acheivement. Lol.

After a process of scunnerification, they'll be totes scunnerified which would be a well deserved scunnerificatious outcome.

(Credit to the MC from 'The Good Old Days' for that ☝️ - one for our elderly posters)

It's already begun with H1b5' Sat capitulation whilst showcasing their raft of new talent; and I've got my pie, beans & chips plus a hearty Old Jock ready for their next home game.

I have a funny feeling that General Monty is in for a complete and utter pasting.

Wee Mikey
18 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

Definitely not

I know him through a Book festival I help organise and a buddy he is.

So, he's your buddy?

(Deliberate mis-interpretation) 😜

I wonder who wrote that letter.

The last bit seems quite ominous. Vote for it or no investment from BK.

Its almost as if they are trying to push something through which is a little off by adding in a thinly veiled threat. 

Lord Montpelier

If I had the misfortune to be a h1b5 I'd be more than a touch concerned about this arrangement. 

So they’ve went from £5m in the bank when Farmer sold to £5.75m in debt, and the Gordon’s have everything secured against ER and the farm.

buzzbomb1958
2 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

So they’ve went from £5m in the bank when Farmer sold to £5.75m in debt, and the Gordon’s have everything secured against ER and the farm.

Lovely Jubbly you know it makes sense 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

5 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

icegif-665.gif.35944b5d3bd5227b543f8206526862ed.gif

200w.gif.3edc74a20bdba763d346bd1ee302bed6.gif

donald-duck-rubbing-hands-together-apmdfjei6rzb8dln.gif.57fd1bf7034a7a096632379f6cdb584a.gif

vegas-voss

Some starting to ask questions of Black Knights and the Gordon's on hibs.net others just blindly going along thinking these guys are going to pump untold riches into Hibs.

TorinoJambo
59 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

Couldn't give a shiny shite personally. 

3 hours ago, Gillsland jack said:

Ahhhhhhh. Their little comfort blanket.

When they can’t compete with us on anything football related, they bring out the poppy chat.

https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/13116512.hearts-fans-settle-clubs-debt-unpaid-poppy-wreaths/#

gordon simpson
2 hours ago, Rudy T said:

sounds good to me a bit like the Man utd set up

An interesting variation in opinions on this over there. The more savvy are rightly suspicious and wary as to what all of this means for them. Rightly pointing out the dilution of value of the shares for ordinary share holders. The ravers hailing  a cash injection.  I have a feeling that this aint going to end well for them.

jock _turd
7 minutes ago, Deevers said:

An interesting variation in opinions on this over there. The more savvy are rightly suspicious and wary as to what all of this means for them. Rightly pointing out the dilution of value of the shares for ordinary share holders. The ravers hailing  a cash injection.  I have a feeling that this aint going to end well for them.

It is not a straight forward cash injection someone is buying a substantial percentage of the value of the club. That cannot be that hard to understand surely? If it was just a cash injection there would be no need for shares to be issued. Our benefactors inject money into the club without taking anything in return.

Phil D. Corners
1 hour ago, ShedBoy said:

Ahhhhhhh. Their little comfort blanket.

When they can’t compete with us on anything football related, they bring out the poppy chat.

https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/13116512.hearts-fans-settle-clubs-debt-unpaid-poppy-wreaths/#

I thought we (kickback members) collected a load of money and paid off a load of smaller debts?

DesertDawg

Somehow I don't see the Gordons or Foley ending up like this.

Romanov is still wanted by Lithuanian authorities for fraud, embezzlement and money laundering. The former Hearts owner was wanted by Interpol but is now a Russian citizen after taking refuge in the country where there are no extradition treaties.

After many years in hiding and silence, Romanov came forward for an interview with state-owned Russian TV channel Russia 1.  It was broadcast from his own personal K-19 nuclear submarine that he once worked on in the Russian Navy.  It’s now his home as the former Hearts chief revealed his funds have dried up: “I lost everything – my own private bank, factories, football clubs but I’ve spent the last of my money on this submarine. It cost me 500,000 dollars to refurbish it. That’s my money gone now.

This is the submarine that I served on 55 years ago. My plan was to live on it and turn it into a tourist attraction – a really fantastic museum. However, the rest of the villagers wouldn’t let me do that, so I just live on it now.”

Romanov with his submarine.

Romanov.jpg

3 hours ago, Rudy T said:

Bit staggering considering they’ve actually done some good business with player sales in that time. 

All spunked up the wall. 

They are saying that the BK group is going to invest in infrastructure but it seems they have already spent a lot on infrastructure. 

DFE were considered a warning sign under Romanov now it seems they are a commitment for the future.

So the Gordon family have now loaned 5 million which they have exchanged for shares, they own the real estate so if they were going to make money it would be either selling the club or the real estate maybe even as separate.

The young talent is not coming through and they have not got sellable assets on the field. 

The end game must be to sell to the BK group but probably only the football team and not the real estate after all BK group are only interested in player trading. 

31 minutes ago, DesertDawg said:

My take on this is that they can happily swap players in and out of whatever team they wish?

Like the NFL ‘drafting’ process?

‘kin mental if you ask me.

The “cash” situation is interesting. It’s not that long ago they were boasting about having a healthy balance. It all seems to have disappeared. 

On 04/02/2024 at 20:02, 1874robbo said:

A Bournemouth fan has put a big post on their forum.

I don’t think some of them will like it, especially the bit about their youths actually being pretty pish 😂😂

Evening. Some thoughts from sunny, sunny Bournemouth.

I'm unsure how this will work out for any of us in this group structure. I'm not a fan of the concept and don't think it should be allowed, but I don't make the rules, and many others have been doing the same for a long time. Modern football is rubbish sometimes. Often, even.

I wouldn't have too high expectations about our youth system. When it was run on some borrowed school playing fields with a staff of one, we still managed to turn out some decent players. Danny Ings for example. We've been investing more into it for about ten years but only this season got up from a Category C academy to a Category B one. Facilities are hard to build in a conurbation with no free land but luckily we managed to buy up a golf course and Foley is seeing the plans come to completion. Sadly, Category B still means that if we get a really exciting prospect anyone with a Category A academy can take them off our hands for a pittance. Because, you know, the big clubs need all the help they can get. I don't know if Cat A is a goal for us but if we are going to try and build everything we need for it, until we get it we remain sitting ducks.

The best chance we both have is if there is a plan to recruit young players from around the world who are 18+ so they can sign a pro deal which would keep the vultures at bay, for a little bit of time anyway. There was a South American midfielder we were meant to be after in January but that never materialised in the end. That kind of thing.

The EPL is absolutely a financially dominated league divided into clear groups. There are basically three leagues in it. Six or seven clubs that are on another planet, a few middle riders and then everyone else. Don't believe the hype that there's any kind of equality there. Plus, every year the biggest clubs try and bring in more rules to ensure they get to keep even more of the pie. I always want to see my team play as high as they can but, at the same time, the EPL is the most boring league I've ever watched us in. And that includes other divisions and seasons where we might have been stuck in a relegation battle.

I'm not convinced Foley understands the structural barriers that the big teams have spent the last thirty years erecting to try and keep others away. My worry is what he will do when the penny drops, but hopefully we're a long way from that still. I hope he finishes the new stadium before that moment!

Anyway, I'll drop in occasionally. Feel free to ask me anything about AFCB and I'll try and give an honest response to the best of my knowledge.

This is what I've said all along. Given we've had some absolute dross loans from Liverpool, Man U and Man City in the past, what makes Hibs fans think they're going to get anything special from Bournemouth on loan. We got James Hill on loan from them last season who was OK, but hardly a game changer.

Bournemouth will be sending up academy players  on loan who they've already decided aren't going to be good enough for the Premier league but they can get a wee bit more value out of them when they punt them on to a championship/League One team because they have 15-20 appearances in the Scottish Premier League. 

6 hours ago, boag1874 said:

Over 10 years this threads been going and still they give us more reasons to add to it. Never change hibs, never change!

I had to go back and check that.

Holy shit, I remember this thread starting.

10 years........where the **** did that go....

Maple Leaf
7 hours ago, Gillsland jack said:

Your first mistake is communicating with a Hobo.  Your second mistake is paying any attention to the nonsense that dribbles from his mouth.

For the umpteenth time, no charities lost money due to Hearts going into administration.

gar jambo
1 hour ago, Deevers said:

The “cash” situation is interesting. It’s not that long ago they were boasting about having a healthy balance. It all seems to have disappeared. 

See what happened when they fired 2 under 23 from England in the heart off defence on Saturday 😂😂

59 minutes ago, Bauld said:

I had to go back and check that.

Holy shit, I remember this thread starting.

10 years........where the **** did that go....

As much time as Sergey spent trying to bring down our club

Kennyfragg13

Can’t help thinking off all the hobos crowding round the2p push machine down the arcade so they can buy some shares

PaddysBar
1 hour ago, Wee Mikey said:

Get it right up ye's ...

Superb. Keep them coming Mikey.