FOH named preferred bidder

tartofmidlothian

Message from the Gaffer,

You are receiving this email from Heart of Midlothian Football Club regardless of whether or not you are a direct debit subscriber to the Foundation of Hearts.

Dear Daniel,

Yesterday, the joint administrators of Hearts announced that the bid submitted on behalf of the Foundation of Hearts would be ?preferred bidder?.

This is a very important announcement and one all the staff were hoping for.

It is an important milestone in the process to get Hearts back on its feet, particularly because it allows the Foundation and the club the opportunity to work together to promote the importance of direct debits.

So far I am told 6,000 supporters have signed up to a monthly commitment from just ?10, but to deliver a supporter-controlled Hearts the reality is the more subscriptions the Foundation has, the better it is for the club.

For that reason today I am asking, if you are able, to sign up to a monthly direct debit for the Foundation of Hearts, if you?ve not already done so.

We?ve seen the incredible unity of the club in recent weeks following a very difficult summer. There?s now a real opportunity to create something very special ? a moment in Scottish football history.

I know you?ve dug so deep in recent times, for which we?re thankful, but I hope this can be one last push which gives us a future to be excited about.

Set up your Direct Debit today...

Click here and play your part in history

Mon on the Hearts!

Gary Locke

Manager, Heart of Midlothian FC

PS - If you've already set up a direct debit, don't worry, the Foundation has your details - and I thank you sincerely for your support!

• Replies 574
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You know perfectly well what's meant. Don't be a knob.

I'll try.... :P

Those individuals or groups providing the purchase capital for FoH are investors. Those who offered alternative and/or additional funding are investors. Hopefully they are Hearts fans, or at least sympathetic to our cause, and will offer a generous rate, but don't kid yourself on that they are not investors, and will not be wanting a return on their investment.

With 6-7,000 fans (customers) having committed to FoH, it would be a bloody stupid "investor" who tried to fight against that, but if for any reason the Foundation fails to get a CVA, I have no doubt at all, that other investors will appear. Some trying to help, some just wanting to pick over the bones - but all expecting a return on their investment.

Ado has pledged/converted whatever it is!

Hope FOH can get us out of this situation. I am hopeful that we can come out the other end as a viable football business (seems odd considering but it hink its possible) and still compete in the Scottish game.

If 10000 of us pledged each month that would be some working capital the club would have! If everyone remains loyal to Hearts, supports us throught this diifuclt period, we will be back at the top end of Scottish football in no time.

C'mon the Hearts!

I have just received an Email from Gary Locke re FOH to ask me to pledge.

This is pretty much as some had suggested that "The Club" engage with us and ask us to pledge.

Well done HMFC.

HHGH

Sorry but not sure how to post the Email content

Those individuals or groups providing the purchase capital for FoH are investors. Those who offered alternative and/or additional funding are investors. Hopefully they are Hearts fans, or at least sympathetic to our cause, and will offer a generous rate, but don't kid yourself on that they are not investors, and will not be wanting a return on their investment.

With 6-7,000 fans (customers) having committed to FoH, it would be a bloody stupid "investor" who tried to fight against that, but if for any reason the Foundation fails to get a CVA, I have no doubt at all, that other investors will appear. Some trying to help, some just wanting to pick over the bones - but all expecting a return on their investment.

If someone wanted to invest 4 or 5 million pounds they'd get a better and safer return putting it in the building society rather than into Hearts.

I just don't see that there is a lot of money to be made, not like rangers where there are 1000's of orcs willing to "invest".

If someone wanted to invest 4 or 5 million pounds they'd get a better and safer return putting it in the building society rather than into Hearts.

I just don't see that there is a lot of money to be made, not like rangers where there are 1000's of orcs willing to "invest".

You don't 'invest' money in a building society, you deposit it.

Big difference.

You don't 'invest' money in a building society, you deposit it.

Big difference.

Absolutley your deposit in a building society will give you a return in ?'s where if you invest in HMFC you may well come out -?'s.

This will certainly be the case for all DD into FOH we will get ?0 return for our money. This is of course not really the point at this time but a fact none the less.

I will revue my current DD and up it or open another one soon.

HHGH

Disagree..Not all " Investors" will or want a return on the money they put into the club.! How many of us out there in Kickback land have dreamt what it would be like to win the Euro lottery, then to have the ability to help out family friends and perhaps a club that you love?. What would you do with all that cash? If I was such an individual.I would gladly hand over a couple of Mill, to ensure the the long lasting security of the club I have followed for over 40 years..A season Ticket for life would be enough of a return for me..A certain " Individual" does exist within the group of FOH, We should all be thankfull that He/She does..

Ado has pledged/converted whatever it is!

Hope FOH can get us out of this situation. I am hopeful that we can come out the other end as a viable football business (seems odd considering but it hink its possible) and still compete in the Scottish game.

If 10000 of us pledged each month that would be some working capital the club would have! If everyone remains loyal to Hearts, supports us throught this diifuclt period, we will be back at the top end of Scottish football in no time.

C'mon the Hearts!

This is my problem with FoH. Tin hat on.

I've pledged because the club are in the shit. Despite the success of the mad Vlad years, we've been in the shit since long before he rode in from Lithuania. The day when the fans would have to pull the club out of the shit has always been coming since the riduculous SMG deal was agreed by Mr Robinson.

I'm happy for FoH to use my pledge to repay the backers who allow them to purchse the club, delighted to play my part. If they want me to continue my pledge after that to deal with the fast approaching stadium problem, brilliant, you can have that too

But when all of that is done do they want fans to pledge money indefinitely to provide the third biggest club in Scotland with supplementary working capital, in addition to the season tickets, matchday tickets, services and merchandise that said fans buy and normal revenue streams from media and commercial deals? Once we have repaid our dues our club should be quite capable of being relatively successful using those normal revenue streams, without the extra pledges. The FoH focus is understandably on the short term goal of getting out of the shit, but I don't see my pledge as a permanent contribution in addition to my season tickets, merchandise, etc.

I've pledged because the club are in the shit. Despite the success of the mad Vlad years, we've been in the shit since long before he rode in from Lithuania. The day when the fans would have to pull the club out of the shit has always been coming since the riduculous SMG deal was agreed by Mr Robinson.

I'm happy for FoH to use my pledge to repay the backers who allow them to purchse the club, delighted to play my part. If they want me to continue my pledge after that to deal with the fast approaching stadium problem, brilliant, you can have that too

But when all of that is done do they want fans to pledge money indefinitely to provide the third biggest club in Scotland with supplementary working capital, in addition to the season tickets, matchday tickets, services and merchandise that said fans buy and normal revenue streams from media and commercial deals? Once we have repaid our dues our club should be quite capable of being relatively successful using those normal revenue streams, without the extra pledges. The FoH focus is understandably on the short term goal of getting out of the shit, but I don't see my pledge as a permanent contribution in addition to my season tickets, merchandise, etc.

I don't think you need the tin hat.

That all seems perfectly reasonable to me although I would like to think there would still be some level of fan involvement in the distant future.

We_are_the_Hearts

The way I see it if no one pledges then the manager just gets a smaller budget for players and we live within our means. Pledges will just be a bonus in the long term. Marketed right then I can see them being maintained (Loyalty Points, draws, the feeling of contributing to the player buget etc)

The way I see it if no one pledges then the manager just gets a smaller budget for players and we live within our means. Pledges will just be a bonus in the long term. Marketed right then I can see them being maintained (Loyalty Points, draws, the feeling of contributing to the player buget etc)

Your pledge then becomes a product, and is subject to VAT etc.You'd be as well increasing the season ticket prices, for example.

Good post IMO.

I would suggest that when the investers are paid back the pledge money would be paid into an FOH fans account. Then the fans/pedgers can choose how that money should be spent. This might be to resign a player, help fund a stand, or even paid in to a fans trust etc. Therefore it will not be supplementary working capital, just periodic gifts to the club. And as FOH will have a man on the board we now this money will be well spent.

News ?

Saints director Richard Atkinson has today stood down from the club board after just over three years with the club.

The Ayrshire businessman was voted onto the board three years ago so he could gain some knowledge for a proposed take over of the club by his 10000Hours community interest company. The idea was fans would become shareholders in the company, which would own a controlling interest in the club, and then be able to have a say in club matters.

The make-up of the scheme was adjusted a number of times and more than one bid was made before the board - who are looking to sell the club - effectively walked away from the idea. It then became a case of how long Mr Atkinson stayed on the board and it's perhaps a little surprising he stayed involved for this long.

It wouldn't be a surprise to see him end up at another club in the near future. There are suggestions he has been involved in the Supporters Direct side of the Foundation of Hearts takeover attempt and a cynic could suggest it's little coincidence he has quit Saints the day the foundation were given preferred bidder status to buy the Jambos.

What a load of mince, Richard Atkinson actually resigned from the St Mirren board on Monday for reasons totally unconnected with Hearts. I know him well and he's a highly successful businessman. There is no speculation about whether or not he is involved in Supporters Direct Scotland (SDS), it's a matter of fact that he is a council member of SDS. It's also true that SDS have been providing consultancy advice and support to FOH for several months and there's nothing sinister about this either. It's a role that SDS were established by the Scottish Government to undertake and they have been doing exactly the same at Dunfermline. I know for a fact that he has no desire to be involved long term either with FOH or the Hearts Board, as he has plenty of other things going on in his life to keep himself occupied. Still, there's nothing like a good conspiracy theory.

?10 a month pledged last night. I hope if FOH do take control we create a path into playing a successful brand of football. Like what Paulo was trying to achieve. Knowing my luck we'll end up re-signing Jj as manager and back into the stone age.

?10 a month pledged last night. I hope if FOH do take control we create a path into playing a successful brand of football. Like what Paulo was trying to achieve. Knowing my luck we'll end up re-signing Jj as manager and back into the stone age.

If you want to see flair, head down to Easter Road. :)

If you want to see flair, head down to Easter Road. :)

That's what I said right enough... I want progress as does everyone else I'd imagine.

North Berwick Jambo

Just found out that my retired parents, my missus & even my niece have pledged over the last day or so to the FOH, surprised but very proud :)

:vrface: 2 years later and your still going on about JJ. Was it time for him to go as manager? Yes it was, but the way you go on about him you'd think he'd got us relegated to the 3rd division. Not won us the cup in 98, and took 31 points out of 33 just a few months before he left.

I just don't get the pledge bit. Surely a pledge is what it says a pledge of support. Why can't the FOH issue ?30 million shares so that every pledge of ?1 buys a share. If property values recover each pledge will be backed at least in part by an asset. The payments therefore would retain a value and would not just disappear as did the last share issue.it would also allow a group of major Hearts supporters with a few quid say ?100k - ? 250k to invest and the largest 12 investors to form a board.

Franklin Delano Bluth

I'll keep pledging for as long as I can, simple as.

Increasing season ticket prices just makes people think they are being ripped off, because they are paying too high a price for the standard on display. A pledge is much more about giving financially to the club to directly improve our squad. That's how I view it at least. Like when people offered to pay Robbo or Rudi's wage.

Increasing season ticket prices just makes people think they are being ripped off, because they are paying too high a price for the standard on display. A pledge is much more about giving financially to the club to directly improve our squad. That's how I view it at least. Like when people offered to pay Robbo or Rudi's wage.

No problem with that but supporter ownership should be what it says on the tin. This is a business not a Charity.

Francis Albert

I struggle to see the distinction TBH. In the short term pledges will pay off the initial investors (ie the debt). If the pledges cover more than that then they will have the same effect as an increase in ST prices. Nothing wrong with that, but that's how it seems to me.

Hartley Jambo.

I just don't get the pledge bit. Surely a pledge is what it says a pledge of support. Why can't the FOH issue ?30 million shares so that every pledge of ?1 buys a share. If property values recover each pledge will be backed at least in part by an asset. The payments therefore would retain a value and would not just disappear as did the last share issue.it would also allow a group of major Hearts supporters with a few quid say ?100k - ? 250k to invest and the largest 12 investors to form a board.

Who would invest ?250K in a ?30M share issue worth, as a guess, ?5M just now.

That's turning ?250K into ?42K.

Yes you can do what rangers did and revalue the property, but there is still the problem of realising it.

Plus making the 12 largest investors on the board leaves us open to all sorts of nut jobs in charge.

How do 12 individuals agree a way forward, if we want them out then it will cost.

Who buys out caravan Bob or Massone etc, and if the value grows it'll cost more.

Makes no sense to me, who knows would be in charge of us or their agenda.

Because that's totally the opposite of what they are trying to achieve. They aren't there to help a few rich supporters to buy the club.

No problem with that but supporter ownership should be what it says on the tin. This is a business not a Charity.

Franklin Delano Bluth

I struggle to see the distinction TBH. In the short term pledges will pay off the initial investors (ie the debt). If the pledges cover more than that then they will have the same effect as an increase in ST prices. Nothing wrong with that, but that's how it seems to me.

I agree, there is little difference between keeping pledges or increasing ST prices. I just think it's how it's viewed might mean people would prefer to pledge and put money towards to club that way, rather than pay extra for the tickets. It's the exact same thing, just might be viewed differently.

Who would invest ?250K in a ?30M share issue worth, as a guess, ?5M just now.

That's turning ?250K into ?42K.

Yes you can do what rangers did and revalue the property, but there is still the problem of realising it.

Plus making the 12 largest investors on the board leaves us open to all sorts of nut jobs in charge.

How do 12 individuals agree a way forward, if we want them out then it will cost.

Who buys out caravan Bob or Massone etc, and if the value grows it'll cost more.

Makes no sense to me, who knows would be in charge of us or their agenda.

My view is that for every ?1 invested a share should be issued.

The bulk of the support would always have the majority shareholding and would have representation.

Chances of a nut job having any influence reduced dramatically.

Geoff Kilpatrick

My view is that for every ?1 invested a share should be issued.

The bulk of the support would always have the majority shareholding and would have representation.

Chances of a nut job having any influence reduced dramatically.

Then put that forward at an AGM after a deal is done.

As I understand it, the idea of FoH is to have a Hearts owned by the fans and not to have a rich sugar daddy who can do what he/she likes with the club. A debt-free Hearts that lives within its means won't have need of a major single investor, and I'm assuming the fan-owned set up will have safeguards which mean that one person can't take control.

You are right. I'm talking about when we realise that 10,000 initial pledges have dwindled and we are very poor. Then, when we need to come up with another plan, we'll see who's out there.

ToadKiller Dog

You are right. I'm talking about when we realise that 10,000 initial pledges have dwindled and we are very poor. Then, when we need to come up with another plan, we'll see who's out there.

Clubs where fans memberships have been put in place have not dwindled over time most have in fact grown or held steady , see Europe .

Why will Hearts be unique in this ? .

We won't be very poor anyway as membership will be only part of our turnover .

Do you expect a massive drop in ST , matchday sales , TV revenue , merchandising and prize money ? That a lone we should be over time reasonably well off in Scottish terms if we are run correctly .

If a new investor wants to get on board fair enough but he should have to expect a 51/49 fans control .

That's all of course if we can get a CVA agreed .

pettigrewsstylist

Message from the Gaffer,

You are receiving this email from Heart of Midlothian Football Club regardless of whether or not you are a direct debit subscriber to the Foundation of Hearts.

Dear Daniel,

Yesterday, the joint administrators of Hearts announced that the bid submitted on behalf of the Foundation of Hearts would be ?preferred bidder?.

This is a very important announcement and one all the staff were hoping for.

It is an important milestone in the process to get Hearts back on its feet, particularly because it allows the Foundation and the club the opportunity to work together to promote the importance of direct debits.

So far I am told 6,000 supporters have signed up to a monthly commitment from just ?10, but to deliver a supporter-controlled Hearts the reality is the more subscriptions the Foundation has, the better it is for the club.

For that reason today I am asking, if you are able, to sign up to a monthly direct debit for the Foundation of Hearts, if you?ve not already done so.

We?ve seen the incredible unity of the club in recent weeks following a very difficult summer. There?s now a real opportunity to create something very special ? a moment in Scottish football history.

I know you?ve dug so deep in recent times, for which we?re thankful, but I hope this can be one last push which gives us a future to be excited about.

Set up your Direct Debit today...

Click here and play your part in history

Mon on the Hearts!

Gary Locke

Manager, Heart of Midlothian FC

PS - If you've already set up a direct debit, don't worry, the Foundation has your details - and I thank you sincerely for your support!

Dissapointingly, despite have been a shareholder for around 10 yrs, and also last Nov, and having set 2 pledges up with my e mail to FOH, and having a customer number at the club, ie, loyalty points, hearts TV etc,,i never received this email.

If they can miss my audit trail,,,what chance they can find the ''distants'' and ''occasionals'' we are now looking to persuade?

No point in sending me tbh, so thats good, but i doubt it was super effective filtering and targeting that missed me..

Like i said , dissapointing

I agree, there is little difference between keeping pledges or increasing ST prices. I just think it's how it's viewed might mean people would prefer to pledge and put money towards to club that way, rather than pay extra for the tickets. It's the exact same thing, just might be viewed differently.

Are pledges not vat free, as its a donation. Where as we have to pay vat on ticket sales. Might be wrong but that's my understanding of it

Are pledges not vat free, as its a donation. Where as we have to pay vat on ticket sales. Might be wrong but that's my understanding of it

That is correct.

Dissapointingly, despite have been a shareholder for around 10 yrs, and also last Nov, and having set 2 pledges up with my e mail to FOH, and having a customer number at the club, ie, loyalty points, hearts TV etc,,i never received this email.

If they can miss my audit trail,,,what chance they can find the ''distants'' and ''occasionals'' we are now looking to persuade?

No point in sending me tbh, so thats good, but i doubt it was super effective filtering and targeting that missed me..

Did you receive the previous email from the Club..?

ToadKiller Dog

Or check your Junk mail , the previous email to me went in there .

Its only an email FFS get a grip no one has died. This email was sent to 65000 people of which the data comes from the club.

Or check your Junk mail , the previous email to me went in there .

Yeah we got one for my son in the junk folder

hibsarepants

What a load of mince, Richard Atkinson actually resigned from the St Mirren board on Monday for reasons totally unconnected with Hearts. I know him well and he's a highly successful businessman. There is no speculation about whether or not he is involved in Supporters Direct Scotland (SDS), it's a matter of fact that he is a council member of SDS. It's also true that SDS have been providing consultancy advice and support to FOH for several months and there's nothing sinister about this either. It's a role that SDS were established by the Scottish Government to undertake and they have been doing exactly the same at Dunfermline. I know for a fact that he has no desire to be involved long term either with FOH or the Hearts Board, as he has plenty of other things going on in his life to keep himself occupied. Still, there's nothing like a good conspiracy theory.

I met Richard as part of the McKie Group and his advice was excellent. He explained how the fans ownership (50 + 1) model worked and it looked surprisingly efficient with an appropriate level of corporate governance. He also gave the stats on fan pledges once the fans have control and it was very encouraging with a substantial increase in pledges once the fans see that they own the club.

HHGH

Hungry hippo

I met Richard as part of the McKie Group and his advice was excellent. He explained how the fans ownership (50 + 1) model worked and it looked surprisingly efficient with an appropriate level of corporate governance. He also gave the stats on fan pledges once the fans have control and it was very encouraging with a substantial increase in pledges once the fans see that they own the club.

HHGH

Do you know if he's been meeting with FoH too?

pettigrewsstylist

Its only an email FFS get a grip no one has died. This email was sent to 65000 people of which the data comes from the club.

get a grip?you need anger managment boyo. My point is, if you actually read it, if i can be missed with my history,,how many of the others we are actually trying to maildrop can

pettigrewsstylist

I did GM yeah,, like i say im very happy not having to press delete in my inbox,, just surprised at who else may be getting missed

bottom line is its not worth arguing about (not suggesting you were),,,it was a simple observation

kingantti1874

get a grip?you need anger managment boyo. My point is, if you actually read it, if i can be missed with my history,,how many of the others we are actually trying to maildrop can

Joking aside have you checked your spam? It's gone straight into spam for a couple of my mates... If not just need to Make sure club hold correct email address... They could have an erroneous full stop or something, don't think it's typical so hard to get excited about

hibsarepants

Do you know if he's been meeting with FoH too?

He has been closley advising FOH , from what I can see Supporters Direct have been very helpful to FOH.

Watt-Zeefuik

For other clubs that operate on this model (Barcelona is the biggest, of course, but there are others), it becomes a membership fee for belonging to a "society." As I understand it, being a "socio" of Barcelona means not just support of the football team, but access to supporters events, a newsletter, limited promotions, etc.

For Hearts, after we get back on our feet, I think it should be worked into the loyalty point system somehow, involve some annual badge of some sort, and also be worth a regular newsletter about the team. Eventually, the motivation should move from "I'm supporting a team in financial trouble" to "I'm a member of the club, and that has certain perks." I have no idea if there'd be demand for this, but one thing you could do in some future main stand-size development is have an exercise gym with a membership fee that could be tacked onto the base monthly membership.

Harry Palmer

6.700 have set up direct debits.

Bid structure to be revealed today.

Jamie Borthwick ?@jamiekborthwick7m

FoH announces bid structure today. Separate entities to buy the club, then purchase it back over time. Business community (Bidco) fund CVA, and fans (Fanco) enter binding contract to pay back and take full control. Stress Bidco will not gain.

6700 sounds about right base on season ticket sales. However more would be better.

6.700 have set up direct debits.

Bid structure to be revealed today.

"Bidco provide capital resource to buy the club. On agreeing terms with BDO, the Bidco/Fanco partnership created to deliver fan ownership.'

Archived