FOH named preferred bidder

tartofmidlothian

A positive step, albeit one that's been fairly inevitable for a fortnight. As with previously, it's all about what happens in Lithuania.

This thread is an interesting read, though. It reminds me why I never joined the Federation/insert other "fans" group and why I'm not sure fan ownership will work long term. It's now a new badge for the point scoring dafties in our support. Looking for labels on here to say you've pledged? How crass. In fact, the whole better fan as opposed to non pledgers chat is woeful and very sad.

An earlier poster (think it was Shaun Ryder) mentioned a point possibly in jest, but a key one. IMO, we will be looking for a wealthy investor in a year to 18 months time. Fans only have so much to give.

All about survival just now and anything that happens in the future we can deal with then....get behind the foundation and see were it takes us....theres no other option.

• Replies 574
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ToadKiller Dog

As others have mentioned you can't judge how a membership will work or not from a handful of posters on a fans forum .

Plenty evidence world wide how club membership schemes can be and are successful .

I don't mind a wealthy individual getting involved in the future we should actively court them as long as they accept majority ownership from the membership as Germany works .

For all we know a good few wealthy folk may already be members .

Our club should be self sustainable anyway given turnover and a sensible wage budget plus membership payments once dues are repaid .

But we are not at this point anyway arguments for later . Lets just get ownership first .

Nobody should be having a go at those who don't join , I actually don't think anybody of sense is doing that all most are doing are trying to encourage those who haven't to do so nothing wrong with that .

If those who haven't joined feel annoyed or divided from those that have its really their own problem as I don't sense or see any real division .

The put a pledge mark under kickback members info is daft idea but really not big a deal and won't happen .

Just read the desperatelyseekingsistersexandyamliquidation.net thread from they day before the derby until today... outstanding rollercoaster of delusion, hope, anger, pain and then acceptance.

God bless the mutated, stupid, deluded breed that follow that skid mark club.

Thanks Hibs. Always there to help. :rofl:

944 pages of misguided desperation. Interesting to see some slivers of sense breaking through, much to the chagrin of the deluded masses.

Heartsofgold

After a wee turnaround in our family financial issues, I have decided to pledge ?10pm. It's all I can afford just now but I have to do this...and my wife agrees!!

All about survival just now and anything that happens in the future we can deal with then....get behind the foundation and see were it takes us....theres no other option.

I agree. Just mentioning that I don't see this lasting.

Back to 2005

944 pages of misguided desperation. Interesting to see some slivers of sense breaking through, much to the chagrin of the deluded masses.

What is the significance of the frozen shares they keep going on about on the wee team site? They seem to think its important?

What is the significance of the frozen shares they keep going on about on the wee team site? They seem to think its important?

Maybe they were listening to their Hobonomics lecturer when he told them that it's easier to buy warm shares?

Doubt it's anything more sophisticated than that. ;)

hibsarepants

The frozen shares issue is nonsense,wishful thinking for the b**bags on caravandwellers.net. We are now in the end game of the admin process its what I stated months ago.to calm KB membes who had looked at the mega thread on our Liquidation. The outcome in about 2 months time will be a hibs fan nightmare.

B Jackson says Liths had no objections to proceeding to preferred bidder status.

Both sides need to meet in the middle as far as a price goes.

FoH still have a bit work to do.

Pledges are a must for this to succeed.

Thunderstruck

I think I will embark on a fact-finding mission to Munich to see how fan ownership works. October sounds like a good time to go.

I think I will embark on a fact-finding mission to Munich to see how fan ownership works. October sounds like a good time to go.

The event you'd like to go to actually happens in September lol

Maroon Memories

A positive step, albeit one that's been fairly inevitable for a fortnight. As with previously, it's all about what happens in Lithuania.

This thread is an interesting read, though. It reminds me why I never joined the Federation/insert other "fans" group and why I'm not sure fan ownership will work long term. It's now a new badge for the point scoring dafties in our support. Looking for labels on here to say you've pledged? How crass. In fact, the whole better fan as opposed to non pledgers chat is woeful and very sad.

An earlier poster (think it was Shaun Ryder) mentioned a point possibly in jest, but a key one. IMO, we will be looking for a wealthy investor in a year to 18 months time. Fans only have so much to give.

There are no wealthy investors, time to leave that idea behind. Besides a football club isnt an investment, see Ibrox as the latest example.

Thunderstruck

The event you'd like to go to actually happens in September lol

21 September - 6 Oktober 2013 if you mean Oktoberfest although I could been referring to an opportune (quieter) time for a visit to BMW Welt. ;)

I've been waiting on this day before taking action and so yet another FOH Pledge has been set up.

If we are in the position to be in control of our club and FOH is run properly, then theres absolutely no need for any big investor.

6000 @ an Average of ?50 p/month brings in 300k per month = 3.6 million per year

10000 Season Tickets @ An Average of ?300 brings in 3 million

Add in Tv Cash, Sponsorship cash, Merchandise Cash and Your probably looking at 8-9 million per year

In this current climate is their any reason why this amount cannot keep our club sustainable!!!!

All if, buts and maybes.

Someone mentioned we have nigh on 11k ST holders but only 6k who have pledged. Many ST holders will be kids/students.Convinced my Brother to commit today onwards and upwards

6000 @ an Average of ?50 p/month brings in 300k per month = 3.6 million per year

I think the average monthly contribution is more likely to be somewhere between ?10 and ?20.

Clerry Jambo

Agree with you BigH about "labels" but we got this as well with Season Ticket Holders and Non ST Holders.

We're all Jambos at the end of the day, everyone will help in their own way

News ?

Saints director Richard Atkinson has today stood down from the club board after just over three years with the club.

The Ayrshire businessman was voted onto the board three years ago so he could gain some knowledge for a proposed take over of the club by his 10000Hours community interest company. The idea was fans would become shareholders in the company, which would own a controlling interest in the club, and then be able to have a say in club matters.

The make-up of the scheme was adjusted a number of times and more than one bid was made before the board - who are looking to sell the club - effectively walked away from the idea. It then became a case of how long Mr Atkinson stayed on the board and it's perhaps a little surprising he stayed involved for this long.

It wouldn't be a surprise to see him end up at another club in the near future. There are suggestions he has been involved in the Supporters Direct side of the Foundation of Hearts takeover attempt and a cynic could suggest it's little coincidence he has quit Saints the day the foundation were given preferred bidder status to buy the Jambos.

I think the average monthly contribution is more likely to be somewhere between ?10 and ?20.

It's mathematically certain to be more than ?10 but the FoH money is primarily for paying off the cost of purchase so treating it as club revenue is a mistake.

No doubt they're going to have to make the backers wait at the start as pledges fill the initial funding gap but it'll be in the order of 4 years before the purchase is paid off.

Then we can start looking at a new stand

I've been waiting on this day before taking action and so yet another FOH Pledge has been set up.

If we are in the position to be in control of our club and FOH is run properly, then theres absolutely no need for any big investor.

Add in Tv Cash, Sponsorship cash, Merchandise Cash and Your probably looking at 8-9 million per year

In this current climate is their any reason why this amount cannot keep our club sustainable!!!!

All if, buts and maybes.

the average will be no where near 50 quid

All if, buts and maybes.

Its more likely just under ?20 average

Hungry hippo

I think someone connected with FOH said the average was around ?18.50 which seems about right.

I think someone connected with FOH said the average was around ?18.50 which seems about right.

?19.02 - surely..? ;)

Francis Albert

There are no wealthy investors, time to leave that idea behind. Besides a football club isnt an investment, see Ibrox as the latest example.

Some people are putting up around 4 to 5m quid based on a few thousand pledges, If they aren't "wealthy investors" what are they?

It would be great if the FOH came out, a bit like BOD did with 3000 season tickets, and let is know what our target pledges needs to be to get us over the line. This could be an annual amount or amout of pledgers...

Geoff Kilpatrick

It would be great if the FOH came out, a bit like BOD did with 3000 season tickets, and let is know what our target pledges needs to be to get us over the line. This could be an annual amount or amout of pledgers...

:Agree:

FOH need to tap into those Hearts fans that can well afford ?10-20 per month but rarely get to Tynecastle for one reason or another. The burden of season tickets,FOH pledge and other purchases from Hearts is a heavy financial burden for those regulars that go to games. I just think there's thousands of people who should be pledging now that things are clearer.

Francis Albert

While not a great fan of the poker analogy, I don't see how FoH could possibly know what was needed to get us over the line, As far as I know one of the key players in getting us over the line (UBIG's administrator, when his appontment is confirmed) hasn't yet been engaged in discussions. All we need to know now is the more converted pledges the better, and we have to trust (because we have no other option) in the deal-making skills of the FoH team.

yorkshire jambo

FOH need to tap into those Hearts fans that can well afford ?10-20 per month but rarely get to Tynecastle for one reason or another. The burden of season tickets,FOH pledge and other purchases from Hearts is a heavy financial burden for those regulars that go to games. I just think there's thousands of people who should be pledging now that things are clearer.

This in my opinion is bang on the mark henry !!!

I havent been to tynecastle for two seasons due to being based in Yorkshire these days and work commitments , does that make me any less of a jambo,no,have I pledged,damn right.

So why do I pledge to a team I have no idea when I will see again?because I want to do my bit,I believe the season ticket holders have done there bit already and the rest of us should be doing a bit more.

I really do understand there are people out there who cannot afford a monthly direct debit who would like to contribute to hearts,but I reckon there is a damn sight more folk who wouldn't miss a tenner a month and its time for them to get the fingers out...this is long term folks,it could really give us the edge.

Foh,lets hope you can sell some badges,or shirts or something that can be made available to pledgers to wear with pride be it regulars at tynecastle or supporters in distant lands who just want to show they are doing there bit.

Watt-Zeefuik

Late catching the news. I want to celebrate but now that we're one step away, I almost want to hold my breath.

I am, however, queueing up the Chumbawamba. And if the CVA goes through, it's getting blasted at top volume.

I cannot wait for the moment the CVA is accepted and we emerge debt free and under fan control. I will go ******* mental and the level of seethe will be probably the funniest thing I've ever witnessed.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

I cannot wait for the moment the CVA is accepted and we emerge debt free and under fan control. I will go ******* mental and the level of seethe will be probably the funniest thing I've ever witnessed.

I'm planning on hanging dwarf, live on stage. :smug:

I'm planning on hanging dwarf, live on stage. :smug:

A Proclaimer will try to slip a lemon wedge in her mooth. Careful.

kingantti1874

With you

I expect a visible cloud of steam to be generated over Leith

News ?

Saints director Richard Atkinson has today stood down from the club board after just over three years with the club.

The Ayrshire businessman was voted onto the board three years ago so he could gain some knowledge for a proposed take over of the club by his 10000Hours community interest company. The idea was fans would become shareholders in the company, which would own a controlling interest in the club, and then be able to have a say in club matters.

The make-up of the scheme was adjusted a number of times and more than one bid was made before the board - who are looking to sell the club - effectively walked away from the idea. It then became a case of how long Mr Atkinson stayed on the board and it's perhaps a little surprising he stayed involved for this long.

It wouldn't be a surprise to see him end up at another club in the near future. There are suggestions he has been involved in the Supporters Direct side of the Foundation of Hearts takeover attempt and a cynic could suggest it's little coincidence he has quit Saints the day the foundation were given preferred bidder status to buy the Jambos.

In which case, can I be the first to say:

MAD WEEGIES OUT!!1!

For a debt free Hearts? Bollocks.

Besides a football club is an investment, see Parkhead as an example.

Surely now would be the time for any investor to buy the club at its cheapest? Which begs the question, where are they?

Surely now would be the time for any investor to buy the club at its cheapest? Which begs the question, where are they?

Is it not investors that are providing FoH with the Capital to buy the Club..? :unsure:

You know perfectly well what's meant. Don't be a knob.

Is it not investors that are providing FoH with the Capital to buy the Club..? :unsure:

Geoff Kilpatrick

You know perfectly well what's meant. Don't be a knob.

You mean like Chuck at Ibronx?

As I understand it, the idea of FoH is to have a Hearts owned by the fans and not to have a rich sugar daddy who can do what he/she likes with the club. A debt-free Hearts that lives within its means won't have need of a major single investor, and I'm assuming the fan-owned set up will have safeguards which mean that one person can't take control.

Archived