FOH named preferred bidder

tartofmidlothian

• Replies 574
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I haven't pledged yet but I will be doing so tonight. Not because I have run out of "excuses". :facepalm:

I've contributed a decent amount through season tickets, merchandise and fundraisers so the "holier than thou" type posts can get rammed. Cliche bingo.

Well done to everyone involved in FoH. Tremendous efforts. I reckon that there will be a marked surge in pledges now and I'm now even more optimistic that we'll come through this in one piece. Happy, happy days.

I haven't pledged also, for reasons i've given before, but i'm still contributing to Hearts in other ways.

This hint of a 'witch-hunt by some posters leaves a sour taste in my mouth.

I know it's a small minority, but still distasteful.

FoH have approx 6000 pledges now, I cant see why it cant be double that. We have 11,000 season tickets sold (there will be no team to watch if FoH fail) plus another 1000 overseas.

But how many of these STs are bought by parents for their children, or for a family, or bought by OAPs. I have pledged a considerable sum but my wife and children have not, so you could say that my pledge was on behalf of family Tas.

I'd still like to see 10,000 pledges, so for those that have still not done so, please reconsider pledging.

:2thumbsup:

I won't manage the Partick game so i will donate the ticket money via here so The club get the money we will need sort term funding in the meantime

On my phone hence the stuff ups

downunderjambo

i found no problem with paypal they took my pledge they refunded it then took the new one all good

Kalamazoo Jambo

Very good news, although it's hardly a surprise. Also good to see that there have been quite a few additional pledges made already as a result :thumbsup:

Hungry hippo

UBIG have always been a bigger concern than Ukio for me. The claims and counter-claims between UBIG and Ukio will be crucial here.

Ubig should in theory be the easier party to convince given liquidation offers little or probably nothing to them.

They are still obviously a concern though given we don't even know who they are yet so clearly impossible to know their voting intentions. I'm confident though that the CVA will offer the best the best financial return for Ubig.

Gregory House M.D.

Some notable - yet somehow predictable - absentees from the contributors to this thread. :rolleyes:

Increasingly impressed by FOH's quietly professional approach to the process. With little hysteria or fanfare, they've done exactly what they said they'd do and have even managed to rein in the more...er..."excitable" of their advocates who used to post on here.

Well done all round. Bodes well for the future.

Shrewd move, start trying to start infighting :cornette:

Rudolf's Mate

But how many of these STs are bought by parents for their children, or for a family, or bought by OAPs. I have pledged a considerable sum but my wife and children have not, so you could say that my pledge was on behalf of family Tas.

I'd still like to see 10,000 pledges, so for those that have still not done so, please reconsider pledging.

:2thumbsup:

This was something I'd failed to take into account until a few weeks ago, once pointed out by another poster.

Someone has also mentioned we had 30k for the Gretna final. Worth noting that really was a family final.

Despite this, I see no reason why we can't hit 10k of pledgers.

That's the news we've been waiting for. Hopefully the message encouraging pledges can be spread beyond the hard core of attending fans and into the swathes who lined the streets in '98, '06 and last year who profess Hearts sympathies but wouldn't necessarily class themselves as full-on 'supporters'.

If we can even get a few % of the 100,000 flag wavers signed up, 10k and more pledging is a distinct possibility.

FarmerTweedy

It's coming to the boil over on mysistersagoodshag.net

Today 10:01 AM #28259

Spike Mandela

@hibs.net private member

Aug 2002

Alloa

Blog Entries

Originally Posted by Bostonhibby

Hearing what you say, and whilst it flies in the face of all good business sense (liquidating and selling for more than whatever the FOH cobble together) logic goes out the window and I have a feeling this is being set up behind the scenes somehow for an acceptance of whatever FOH maximium is. Been involved in a few admins - from a creditor angle - and this one does not feel like it's about how much can we get for the creditors and whats the quickest and best way to do it.

Just like the Pars CVA. It flew in the face of logic and required Gavin Masterton to accept next to nothing for the millions he was due.

Depends how tough the Liths get and how little they are prepared to accept of the money they are owed considering they have security on Tynecastle. Of course I see where you are coming from about this admin not being about getting the most for the creditors however it is the Hearts administration we get reported in the press over here the UKIO administration might be getting treated differently in the press over in Lithuania.

Of course if FoH do manage to weasel their way to ownership of Hearts with a few paltry million then it is another massive con via football administration for the cheats and scammers and Hearts will effectively have pulled off the great escape.

They actually think a Lithuanian administrator of a Lithuanian bank, appointed by a Lithuanian court, is going to accept an offer below what they think theyd get from liquidation, to do Hearts a favour?

They're even worse bampots than I thought!

:cornette:

:facepalm:

Great news, a long way to go but heartning to see so many new pledgers on the back of this news. Keep it up!! :fonzie:

Created my pledge this morning upon hearing the news. Still not sure about the FOH but they are the ones that are in pole position and it is the fans best chance to shape our club so all aboard.

I've been holding back pledging as we're expecting a 2nd, unplanned child. Money's tight and the missus won't be too happy about it so I didn't see the point in having an argument about it if FOH weren't even going to be involved.

Now that's sorted, time for me to man up and put the foot down/beg.

jambo-rocker

I actually think it would have really helped if you had been given the option of ?15 and ?25 per month, as I'm sure a lot of people would have been uncomfortable paying ?20, yet feeling that a tenner is not enough at the same time. The difference that it could have made might have helped put a bigger dent in it IMO.

jambo rocker, i would have done ?15, but opted for only a tenner. i agree with what you're saying there,

i've just moved jobs and the pay is an improvement, so i'll double my pledge when i get home tonight.

delighted about this news!

jambo rocker, i would have done ?15, but opted for only a tenner. i agree with what you're saying there,

i've just moved jobs and the pay is an improvement, so i'll double my pledge when i get home tonight.

It's a decent shout actually. Infact, I wonder if there's any reason why you couldn't just pick your own amount to pay? A logistical thing?

A ?15 option may well have extracted a few extra fivers per month. Money v tight for us at the mo and I went with ?20. I suppose if the ?15 option, you may well have lost a fiver from me!!!!

The People's Chimp

Shrewd move, start trying to start infighting :cornette:

This.

Trying to point score because people haven't posted on this thread. Total facepalm.

I've had a few doubts about this ever coming to fruition. Glad to be proved wrong, however, and I've pledged this morning. Things are starting to look much brighter.

?10 per month is still better than ?0 per month. It still gives you a vote and say on how OUR club is run

It's a decent shout actually. Infact, I wonder if there's any reason why you couldn't just pick your own amount to pay? A logistical thing?

A ?15 option may well have extracted a few extra fivers per month. Money v tight for us at the mo and I went with ?20. I suppose if the ?15 option, you may well have lost a fiver from me!!!!

but gained a fiver from me, and possibly others. i can only afford to up my pledge now as i've moved jobs.

i'd have thought ?5 increments from ?10 up would have been easy enough to implement. just wish i could afford ?51 haha

Clerry Jambo

Sincerely hope we can get a significant rise in pledges after the news today, I pause to use the term "feel good factor" in our predicament, but lets say small steps and mibbe light at the end of a long tunnel!!

Now we can really unite as a fanbase

Nice to see the news spurring a new round of pledgers - I must admit I thought we had topped out at 6k

FOH arent perfect, I do think they could be much better, but we the fans can help shape that improvement. Over time the FOH will become us, the fans, and we now have the chance to shape an exciting and innovative future.

There is a lot to be fearful of in our current position but already the cleansing of the recent past feels so much better, an imperfect team but full of players who look up for the fight, and a connection between the players and the fans

Now is the time to push on - I really hope we can get to 8k pledgers. If we do, that, IMO should be enough to give the financial clout we need to survive and finally cut all ties with the past regime.

Dean Winchester

Was in the same boat, just went back onto the FoH site and set up another one!

Just done the same. Does that make us better fans as we've pledged twice? :verysmug:

Jambo_in_Madrid

Fantastic news for all Hearts fans IMO !!!!

Hopefully this news will prompt some more doubters to sign up as well :2thumbsup:

Still a long way to go, but this is a major step forward.

Hearts, Hearts Glorious Hearts ...... !!!

Created my pledge this morning upon hearing the news. Still not sure about the FOH but they are the ones that are in pole position and it is the fans best chance to shape our club so all aboard.

I'm still dont not sure if fan ownership is the best way. However it is the best offer going forward that i have seen.

I pledged ages ago and donated this months money to JKB and I'm suprised, but happy, to see so many people pledging today! I thought all that would have pledged something would have done so a long time ago. It's great to see more coming in.

A big welcome and thank you to all the new pledgers!

Jambof3tornado

I cant believe how many hadnt pledged before. Could we really get up to 10k in pledges?

This bird really could get off the ground you know!!!

Looking forward to an update of no of pledges in the next few days.

Excellent News, and heart warming (pardon the pun) that from humble beginnings we are moving ever closer to this being a reality!

It is also good to see how the Support appears to be fully behind the FoH, and even the early doubters have been won over.

Like other posters have mentioned, I am amazed that we have not reached 10,000 at least - but there is still time......

I'm going to double my pledge so now have to set up another DD does this mean I get 2 votes?

?10 per month is still better than ?0 per month. It still gives you a vote and say on how OUR club is run

Excellent News, and heart warming (pardon the pun) that from humble beginnings we are moving ever closer to this being a reality!

It is also good to see how the Support appears to be fully behind the FoH, and even the early doubters have been won over.

Like other posters have mentioned, I am amazed that we have not reached 10,000 at least - but there is still time......

There's still a heluva lot needs clarified and explained before lots of fans are won over and fully behind FoH. That said, I still think many in that boat will pledge as it's clearly evident it's Heart of Midlothian's last chance!

(Disclaimer) Pledged weeks ago before any moral high ground is claimed.

Well done you can also donate something direct to the club via here even if its only a fiver, it will help keep the club running for now.

Just pledged, this is our club it needs all of us to do what we can

Rudolf's Mate

Direct debits, the amounts debited can change as long as the company informs you of any changes.

Standing orders are set amounts. I could be wrong but I thought you can setup standing orders via your own bank as long as you've got the intended recipients details?

Not sure if what we've all setup was a standing order or a direct debit.

Just pledged ?20 a month after returning to work following 3 months off sick. Wasn't waiting for this to happen before pledging but it strengthened my resolve, now just have to tell my( 8 months pregnant) wife and take my beating like a man!

I'm going to double my pledge so now have to set up another DD does this mean I get 2 votes?

You can amend the pledge online no need to set up another DD. However unless its in someone's else's name you still only get 1 vote I think

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Just read the desperatelyseekingsistersexandyamliquidation.net thread from they day before the derby until today... outstanding rollercoaster of delusion, hope, anger, pain and then acceptance.

God bless the mutated, stupid, deluded breed that follow that skid mark club.

Thanks Hibs. Always there to help. :rofl:

Seeing as we are trying to work towards fan ownership of the club which has proved successful in the Bundesliga I wonder if the bid is successful if the club will consider reviewing ticket pricing to a model more in favour of the fans? This has apparently also proved very successful in Germany in attracting larger crowds to games which may increase the amount of pledgers at the same time

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2010/apr/11/bundesliga-premier-league

Thanks

You can amend the pledge online no need to set up another DD. However unless its in someone's else's name you still only get 1 vote I think

Clerry Jambo

Seeing as we are trying to work towards fan ownership of the club which has proved successful in the Bundesliga I wonder if the bid is successful if the club will consider reviewing ticket pricing to a model more in favour of the fans? This has apparently also proved very successful in Germany in attracting larger crowds to games which may increase the amount of pledgers at the same time

http://www.theguardi...-premier-league

Totally agree Shug, I think we have an opportunity when we get out of Admin to be very flexible in ticket pricing considering we have a very low player budget at the moment and new signings post embargo will NOT be at ridiculous salaries, keeping wage bill to a decent % level of turnover. That's all for the future but certainly think its do-able

Totally agree Shug, I think we have an opportunity when we get out of Admin to be very flexible in ticket pricing considering we have a very low player budget at the moment and new signings post embargo will NOT be at ridiculous salaries, keeping wage bill to a decent % level of turnover. That's all for the future but certainly think its do-able

Time to be leaders, not followers. And I am not talking about leaders as in being the first club with bloody floodlights!

Tynie-Tempah

Direct debits, the amounts debited can change as long as the company informs you of any changes.

Standing orders are set amounts. I could be wrong but I thought you can setup standing orders via your own bank as long as you've got the intended recipients details?

Not sure if what we've all setup was a standing order or a direct debit.

Its direct debits. These are legal agreements and obviously required in this form as this is PROOF of the funding / backing to support the take over bid. If it was just ourselves setting up standing order (which we control) we could all just cancel them in one months time i.e. theres no security.

As for the values, i would expect that there is logic in it and they will have taken advice on what the best "milestones" should be to maximize the pledges AND meet required income from them. I would expect some sort of research to have taken place that would say for ?10 and ?20 more people would take the ?20....if ?5 ?15 ?25 was also available, most would take ?15 therefore losing ?5 on each...on average.

Purely an example to try help thinking on it...

Its direct debits. These are legal agreements and obviously required in this form as this is PROOF of the funding / backing to support the take over bid. If it was just ourselves setting up standing order (which we control) we could all just cancel them in one months time i.e. theres no security.

As for the values, i would expect that there is logic in it and they will have taken advice on what the best "milestones" should be to maximize the pledges AND meet required income from them. I would expect some sort of research to have taken place that would say for ?10 and ?20 more people would take the ?20....if ?5 ?15 ?25 was also available, most would take ?15 therefore losing ?5 on each...on average.

Purely an example to try help thinking on it...

I have tweeted FoH about this today and that is the logic they are using on the DD options. I did suggest that 2x ?5 would be better than 0 x ?10 and that it would maybe draw in some more of the abstainers.

How can we best get members, who haven't already done so, to pledge to FoH?

Can the Moderators here contact every member of Kickback by email urging them to pledge?

Should Hearts FC contact every person on the data base again by email and urge them to pledge to the Preferred Bidder? Can we Kickback ask the club to do this?

Can a banner be hung at the next home game asking every fan in attendance if they have pledged?

Can players be asked to appear publicly urging people to sign up?

Can we get Rudi (people on here have contact with him) to publicly appear with FoH to urge pledges?

FoH now need to go into a media drive to get every last pledge.

FoH have approx 6000 pledges now, I cant see why it cant be double that. We have 11,000 season tickets sold (there will be no team to watch if FoH fail) plus another 1000 overseas.

Great news though. Another step in the right direction to salvation!

Good thinking.

A big campaign is needed to get more plegders, or increase current pledges.

A positive step, albeit one that's been fairly inevitable for a fortnight. As with previously, it's all about what happens in Lithuania.

This thread is an interesting read, though. It reminds me why I never joined the Federation/insert other "fans" group and why I'm not sure fan ownership will work long term. It's now a new badge for the point scoring dafties in our support. Looking for labels on here to say you've pledged? How crass. In fact, the whole better fan as opposed to non pledgers chat is woeful and very sad.

An earlier poster (think it was Shaun Ryder) mentioned a point possibly in jest, but a key one. IMO, we will be looking for a wealthy investor in a year to 18 months time. Fans only have so much to give.

Archived