Jam Tarts 1874

Maroon Sailor

Both girls expected to plead not guilty according to the Irish girl's lawyer

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply
deesidejambo

Oh dear!

Had a bit of sympathy for them when the story first broke, thought they were a bit naive, but now I'm not so sure, the pics on one of the girls camera showing the both of them together, photos may have been taken in Ibiza where they claimed they didn't know each other, and now CCTV footage of one of them out shopping in Peru.

Indeed their stories are unravelling fast. All the talk about being forced into it is just tosh.

heartsfc_fan

Indeed their stories are unravelling fast. All the talk about being forced into it is just tosh.

Seems like it.

They could potentially get 15 years if found guilty. Grim.

TheMaganator

Unfortunately for them, I think they are goosed.

It should be about damage limitation now.

Do a deal and they may get home whilst they are still in their 20s.

I do feel a bit sorry for them. Unbelievebly stupid thing to do but we have all done some fairly stupid things when we were young - though most of us not on that scale.

Really this is what they are coming out with, i am very very sceptical

Ms Reid's father William Reid, who has flown to Peru to be with his daughter, agreed the photos were ambiguous, but said: "I want to know who took that picture of them on their balcony. Was it taken by a third person or by a minder, and who was drinking the beer?

"That wasn't Melissa's beer in the photo because I have never in my entire life seen her drink beer. She drinks a lot of water and, if she is drinking, it would be vodka."

He added: "I believe the trip to the beach was part of a set-up that they asked them to smile to build up a portrayal of them as happy holidaymakers.

"Melissa said they had been told by the men that they weren't smiling enough in the pictures and they told them to look happier.

Franklin Delano Bluth

Whats the prisons like in peru before they go to real jail?

Same sex prisons or everyone chucked in together?

Some Northern Irish bint was saying the foreigners stick together. It's probably not very safe.

Guest C00l K1d

Some Northern Irish bint was saying the foreigners stick together. It's probably not very safe.

Defo.

Id hate to go to prison here, never mind in those places.

I mind watching a programme about a Chile jail and it just looked terrible. Bread and water twice a day type thing with beasties crawling all over the place.

Theyve got some shite years ahead of them

Send in the SAS to rescue them.

They're too busy murdering the royals.

There's a documentary floating about, one half of which features a Peruvian prison. The idea was basically that the guards were only there to ensure no one escaped, the actual running of the prison was pretty much left to the prisoners themselves. Each wing was controlled by a rival gang and they frequently had wars with one another resulting in numerous maimings/deaths. There was a beast who had been stabbed but had not received any medical treatment, he had been walking around with the lining of his stomach protruding out of his body for months :vrface:

Granted that was a male prison so in all likelihood a far more aggressive environment, but if what these girls are facing is even remotely anything like that, it's impossible not to have some sympathy with them.

There's a documentary floating about, one half of which features a Peruvian prison. The idea was basically that the guards were only there to ensure no one escaped, the actual running of the prison was pretty much left to the prisoners themselves. Each wing was controlled by a rival gang and they frequently had wars with one another resulting in numerous maimings/deaths. There was a beast who had been stabbed but had not received any medical treatment, he had been walking around with the lining of his stomach protruding out of his body for months :vrface:

Granted that was a male prison so in all likelihood a far more aggressive environment, but if what these girls are facing is even remotely anything like that, it's impossible not to have some sympathy with them.

You were watching Oz with the spanish dub on bro.

Juan Rom?n Riquelme

Can't do the time, don't do the crime.

There's a reason the prison sentences for drug smuggling are harsh in South America. No sympathy for anyone that voluntary participates in the drug trade.

Sounds like the way prison should be - unlike the holiday camps in Britain.

Regards.

Enraged Daily Mail reader.

Maroon Sailor

@ThePoke: Genuine comment left on the Daily Mail website regarding those two girls arrested in Peru. http://t.co/t8ZrMCWe5X (via @CraigCoops)

At least some good has come out of this !

Women !

Clothes, clothes, clothes, clothes, clothes !

The girls have swapped outfits inbetween entering and leaving the court :what:

Just noticed that on the news just now, WTF is that aw aboot

Walter Bishop

The girls have swapped outfits inbetween entering and leaving the court :what:

I was just thinking that watching it on the news!

Franklin Delano Bluth

The Irish one reminds me of oor Larry. She has a pineapple on her heed too.

:sob:

Stay safe my African prince, sorry Irish princess.

Perfect explanation on the daily mail site about the cloth swappage...

Ordeal: Because they do not have any clean clothes, they were wearing each others outfits from the previous day

:cornette:

Ordeal: Because they do not have any clean clothes, they were wearing each others outfits from the previous day

well obviously that makes perf....waitaminute...hmmmm.

Quick question.

If you were guilty as hell, and knew you were guilty as hell. And had absolutely no means of proving your innocence. Then the head of the Peruvian police tells you that if you confess you'll get 6 years and probably only serve 2. However if you plead not guilty you'll have the book thrown at you and probably get 15 years, god knows how many you'd serve.

Which way would you plead? Regardless if I did it or not, I think I'd be pleading guilty.

Don't quite know what it is about this case, but something doesn't add up.

TheMaganator

Quick question.

If you were guilty as hell, and knew you were guilty as hell. And had absolutely no means of proving your innocence. Then the head of the Peruvian police tells you that if you confess you'll get 6 years and probably only serve 2. However if you plead not guilty you'll have the book thrown at you and probably get 15 years, god knows how many you'd serve.

Which way would you plead? Regardless if I did it or not, I think I'd be pleading guilty.

Don't quite know what it is about this case, but something doesn't add up.

Shame may be part of it? Also, most bursd I know struggle to admit when they're wrong.

They'll have told their families etc that they didn't do it.

Not sure if its a 'get six, out in 2' job though. They're awfy hard line on drug related stuff there

I have a 21 year old daughter who spent last year working in Spain during the summer, she's a sensible lassie unlike her dad thank ****.

These lassies are going to get punished for what they have done, their parents are going to get emotionally punished too. I have a lot of empathy for both, but am aware the misery drugs cause, yer wee line of of "ching" on Friday night ain't so innocent now is it ?

jt

I have a 21 year old daughter who spent last year working in Spain during the summer, she's a sensible lassie unlike her dad thank ****.

These lassies are going to get punished for what they have done, their parents are going to get emotionally punished too. I have a lot of empathy for both, but am aware the misery drugs cause, yer wee line of of "ching" on Friday night ain't so innocent now is it ?

jt

As a parent...

As a parent...

And as a human being, these young lassies and my maybe unfair impression is, they are spoilt young lassies, but are having their life taken away from them when it should be blossoming. Sad but here it is eh? do the crime etc.

jt

Shame may be part of it? Also, most bursd I know struggle to admit when they're wrong.

They'll have told their families etc that they didn't do it.

Not sure if its a 'get six, out in 2' job though. They're awfy hard line on drug related stuff there

The Peruvian authorities have pretty much said that's exactly what they'd get if they confessed.

Well thats all the confirmation I need that they are borderline retarded.

How come every time there is a thing in the news the parents come out with the old "he/she never touched drugs, they never would"

Parents don't know what their kids get up to when they're out.

Thank christ.

TheMaganator

The Peruvian authorities have pretty much said that's exactly what they'd get if they confessed.

Fair enough.

They should take it then

I would imagine the girls are pretty more frightened for their families to think about grassing up cartels and will stay on this course until proven they knew what they were into.

One for the experts - The amount they were caught with, how long would that have lasted in San antonio Bay.

Cant help get the feeling it will be a mere scratch on the surface making me think how is this normally imported to Europe.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Why are they swapping manky clothes for :rofl:

If they survive to the trial, it is policy of Peru for them to get returned to a British jail I think, so not too bad.

Winneh the poo is from Peru, can't be that bad man.

If they survive to the trial, it is policy of Peru for them to get returned to a British jail I think, so not too bad.

:lol:

Geoff Kilpatrick

:blink:

Paddington Bear, even.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

:blink:

Paddington Bear, even.

Baws it was that wee *****. Point still stands :smuggy:

Archived