British drug mules

Jam Tarts 1874

They are in a right pickle now, they wouldn't dare name the suppliers.

Could get a real hefty sentence here.

Gary O' (or whatever his name is these days) gets fined ?300 for second coke offence.

I asked this before on this thread, where does all the street coke come from? how does it get here?

These naive girls had supposed street worth ?1.5m, it would take an awful lot of couriers from Peru to feed the coke habits of o'connor, never mind the whole of europe.

Niave? More like greedy.

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I lost sympathy at this bit. Everything after that is a consequence of their own actions.

Oh, I agree. I am not defending them - just telling it how I see it.

They have been very stupid.

It just shows how one poor decision can effect the rest of your life.

If they now have to give up the names of their suppliers, or the deal is off - they are goosed. Give it up and risk an 'accident' in jail resulting in them being killed - or dont give the names and get out in 35 years.

• 2 months later...

Sentanced to 6 years 8 months

A long time but could have been alot worse

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-25423627

That's quite a lenient sentence, pretty lucky. Other countries would have executed them. A chap I spoke to was working in Ibiza over the summer and had heard that the girls were due to get only 8 grand each for their troubles. What a pair of stupid cows. 8 grand!

I P Knightley

Even one of the girl's farter did not believe their story.

After 6 and half years it will be in a pretty sorry state.

To be fair 6 years in a Peruvian jail is probably the equivalent of about 50 years in a UK jail.

Good luck girls.

It could have been. I have no sympathy though. Personally, I think they knew what they were doing. Even one of the girl's farther did not believe their story.

What gave it away? The pleading guilty part?

alwaysthereinspirit

Not the jokey responses, more so the grumpy old men responses like

"Absolutely. No doubt we'll have the wishy washy brigade all over this talking about these poor girls etc. etc. Just think of the misery these drugs would have caused if they'd been successful. Couple of bloody clowns"

How does anyone actually know what happened? Clearly they are not international drug smuggling kingpins, they are a couple of teenage girls who were probably very stupid. To suggest they should be locked up and the key thrown away before a proper trial is mental.

I dont think "stupid" is a defense in any country. They will rightly be jailed. I seriously doubt they'd have handed back their "pay" if they'd got away with it.

"i cant accept these ill gotten gains. I thought it was just dirty socks I was carrying"

scottish_chicP

So? You made your post after they pled guilty.

They only pleaded guilty to get a reduced sentence.

It was well publicised they were advised to change their plea.

yep or the case might have not started for a few years and they would have got a longer sentence, so they get almost 7 years now or possibly including on remand 20 years plus

It was well publicised they were advised to change their plea.

That doesn't mean they only pled guilty to get a shorter sentence. On that logic about 90% of the prison population who didn't go to trial probably only pled guilty due to the advice of their lawyers and to get a shorter sentence.

Jambof3tornado

That doesn't mean they only pled guilty to get a shorter sentence. On that logic about 90% of the prison population who didn't go to trial probably only pled guilty due to the advice of their lawyers and to get a shorter sentence.

Thats exactly what happens! !

So? You made your post after they pled guilty.

I made it before too, as I did with that granny who has been sentenced to death.

Regardless, I have no sympathy for them at all.

They and their families will make a few hundred grand selling their "my life of hell in a Peruvian jail" concocted stories. No sympathy at all for them.

Creepy Lurker

Don't understand why people seem to think that thinking they should be punished and having sympathy for them are mutually exclusive.

Nothing wrong with Peruvian prison food, evidently ... (I know this was pointed out earlier but now I've seen the photos too)

"hey guys, im having a drugs party! you in?"

"aww cool. we love drugs parties. is it byob?"

"bring your own bong?"

"yes. b for bong instead of bottle. Because we are young and love drugs parties. MMM IM GONNA TAKE SO MANY COCAINES!!"

The story died like a damp squib, but congratulations to 2NaFish for the best post on the thread.

Still laugh when I read it yet.

• 1 month later...

Parents of the Scottish half of the Peru 2 are lodging to pay ?3500 to get her sent back to the UK and serve the rest of year six year stretch at Cornton Vale.

So the tax payer pays for her upkeep for her stupidity.

from Today's Daily fool

"THE parents of Peruvian drugs mule Melissa Reid have stumped up ?3500 in a desperate bid to bring her home.

They?ve paid the bounty in the hope their cocaine- smuggling daughter can serve the rest of her six-year sentence at Cornton Vale women?s prison in Stirling.

Ibiza party girl Melissa, 20, is in jail in HIV-riddled Virgen de Fatima prison in the capital Lima.

Yesterday dad Billy, 53, said: ?We?re in the hands of the authorities but we are hopeful it will go ahead.

?The prospect of being transferred is the light at the end of the tunnel.

?Melissa accepts she has to serve the time but understandably would rather it was in Scotland.?

Billy and wife Debbie, also 53, of Lenzie, near Glasgow, paid the money to the Peruvian authorities and a lawyer has submitted their application.

It now allows the Foreign Office to progress a prisoner transfer request which is granted on rare occasions.

Melissa and co-accused Michaella Connolly, 20, from Dungannon, Northern Ireland, were jailed in September for trying to smuggle ?1.5million of coke into Spain.

The pair share a cramped cell and only have access to basic facilities.

Billy said he intends to hand out warning leaflets to young women heading to Ibiza this summer from Scots airports.

He added: ?I don?t want anyone else to get embroiled in what Melissa did ? the implications are too huge.?

The Real Maroonblood

Parents of the Scottish half of the Peru 2 are lodging to pay ?3500 to get her sent back to the UK and serve the rest of year six year stretch at Cornton Vale.

So the tax payer pays for her upkeep for her stupidity.

from Today's Daily fool

"THE parents of Peruvian drugs mule Melissa Reid have stumped up ?3500 in a desperate bid to bring her home.

They?ve paid the bounty in the hope their cocaine- smuggling daughter can serve the rest of her six-year sentence at Cornton Vale women?s prison in Stirling.

Ibiza party girl Melissa, 20, is in jail in HIV-riddled Virgen de Fatima prison in the capital Lima.

Yesterday dad Billy, 53, said: ?We?re in the hands of the authorities but we are hopeful it will go ahead.

?The prospect of being transferred is the light at the end of the tunnel.

?Melissa accepts she has to serve the time but understandably would rather it was in Scotland.?

Billy and wife Debbie, also 53, of Lenzie, near Glasgow, paid the money to the Peruvian authorities and a lawyer has submitted their application.

It now allows the Foreign Office to progress a prisoner transfer request which is granted on rare occasions.

Melissa and co-accused Michaella Connolly, 20, from Dungannon, Northern Ireland, were jailed in September for trying to smuggle ?1.5million of coke into Spain.

The pair share a cramped cell and only have access to basic facilities.

Billy said he intends to hand out warning leaflets to young women heading to Ibiza this summer from Scots airports.

He added: ?I don?t want anyone else to get embroiled in what Melissa did ? the implications are too huge.?

Let them rot in Peru.

• 3 years later...
Riddley Walker

What a dreadful piece of journalism.

The writer is terrible at English. Even though it's a rag and the story is trash, there must be a plethora of semi-literate, partially-eloquent folk who would jump at the chance to be a journalist for them.

Embarrassing.

Maroon Sailor

What a dreadful piece of journalism.

Didn't read it - just the headline was enough

Scrolled through the pics though

Maroon Sailor

She get it. Bang tidy

Some greasy Peruvian must have been hanging out of that

Some greasy Peruvian must have been hanging out of that

Aye....and?

Team Melissa for me.

The Irish lass looks a right ballbreaker.

Maroon Sailor

Team Melissa for me.

The Irish lass looks a right ballbreaker.

She looks weird as well

White face, brown legs

Archived