British drug mules

Jam Tarts 1874

Shanks said no

Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity. MLK Jnr

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I P Knightley

Going by the bikini shots of the Irish one, she is clearly smuggling more than just cocaine.

"Bikini shots", you say?

Hope they get locked up for a long time; for messing up the drop and contributing to higher prices.

Not acceptable in the current financial climate.

The Real Maroonblood

I believe their account of what happened and I also have the impression that some people in authority believe them as well.

In any case i wish people would show some compassion for the girls families it must be a nightmare for them.

It must be terrible for them.

My hearts bleeds for them.

As long as they get a fair trial and found guilty.

Didn't seem too niaive and "innocent" on the clip's I've seen. In fact seemed confideng and composed to the verge of arrogance (shaking hands while chomping on a sandwich). Seem like a couple of young women who are full of themselves. Free holiday to Peru girls? Couple of young attractive ladies like you will never get stopped? "Hell Yeah!"

Didn't seem too niaive and "innocent" on the clip's I've seen. In fact seemed confideng and composed to the verge of arrogance (shaking hands while chomping on a sandwich). Seem like a couple of young women who are full of themselves. Free holiday to Peru girls? Couple of young attractive ladies like you will never get stopped? "Hell Yeah!"

THIS!

What Ross said above.

It's all very well going to the authorities... but if the drug smugglers are in anyway professional, it's not difficult to force them to take the drugs. They don't even need to follow through with threats, just make them, and naive, young girls will believe them.

When did anyone mention it being because they're 'pretty young European women'. You're turning it into a gender/race(?) issue, not anyone else.

they might be young but they sure as hell ain't pretty

Creepy Lurker

I still can't decide whether or not I would. Think that means probably.

It must be terrible for them.

My hearts bleeds for them.

As long as they get a fair trial and found guilty.

Anyone who cant feel sympathy for the girls family is a brain dead moron.

Lets just hope your kids never do anything daft.

Shanks said no

Anyone found out what team they support yet?, I'll reserve judgement until that's clear

Anyone who cant feel sympathy for the girls family is a brain dead moron.

Lets just hope your kids never do anything daft.

This.

I feel they have been more naive than anything else.

He Who Cannot Be Named

Absolutely. No doubt we'll have the wishy washy brigade all over this talking about these poor girls etc. etc.

Just think of the misery these drugs would have caused if they'd been successful.

Couple of bloody clowns.

What kind of misery would they have caused?

There seems to be a multitude of possible scenarios as to what actually happened here. When I first heard the story I have to say I was in the "stupid little girls, lock em up" camp. But now I'm not so sure.

Scenario 1

Went to Ibiza, offered a big pay day. Got caught

Result : Lock em up

Scenario 2.

Went to Ibiza, ran up a drugs debt, offered an "easy out", got caught.

Scenario 3

Went to Ibiza, partied hard with the wrong crowd, led into a basement and we forced at gunpoint to be drugs mules.

Result : 3 years in Peruvian prison awaiting trial.

We may never know the absolute truth, but to me there also seems to be a mahoosive amount of evidence that is, from what we know, getting overlooked. From what I've read this evening here are some things that the girls claim / seems to have happened thus far.

1. Both had their mobiles taken off them and were given Blackberries. "By the Cartel"

2. Both had contact with the cartel via BBM using their new mobiles

3. Both travelled from Ibiza to Majorca and then on to Peru

4. Both arrived in Peru on different days.

5. The cartel tried to call one of the girls Blackberries after they had been caught but the police didn't answer (claimed by one of the girls)

Like I say all of the above has either been claimed by the girls or the press. So surely all of the below can be proven via electronic transaction or cctv

1. Who bought the plane tickets. If bought by credit card, who was it registered to. It's not going to be the girls. If bought with cash, I'd guess that most places you can buy a plane ticket to Majorca / Peru would have cctv.

2. The Blackberries that the girls had in their possession when caught, surely there are text records. Gps records and also SIM records. When was the sim activated? And in what country was it first activated? Had the sim been activated first in Majorca. Had either of the girls ever been to Majorca before the sim was activated there? If not, it seems like they put a lot of planning into their trip.

3. The number that tried to call in the Peruvian airport. Was it a known number? Can it be GPS traced? Was the call made from within Peru. And if so do we really expect either of these girls to know anyone else in Peru.

4. If the girls were under duress from the cartel the whole time, is there anyone seen at any of the airports (probably of a South American origin) that is either travelling with them or seen at regular intervals throughout the journey.

And finally. The following is purely speculation. But in an industry that makes someone god knows how many millions each year. Is it completely inconceivable that the Peruvian authorities haven't been bought. Give me two foreigners that we can lock up with 1.5 Mil of coke and we all look good, meanwhile we'll let 15 Mil of coke pass through undetected on the same flight. Whether by gunpoint or talked into it using phrases like "we've done it loads and have made thousands" by apparent friends back in Ibiza, I suspect this is the real truth and that these girls have been used as bargaining chips to let a much larger amount of coke get through.

One would have to be unbelievably na?ve to accept going to Peru for near-strangers to deliver a "package". Even if one was very innocent, would it not occur to them to wonder why they aren't sending the package by post or taking it themselves. Such na?vet? is not credible in a mentally normal person. I could imagine it being a debt or an opportunistic way of making money.

One would have to be unbelievably na?ve to accept going to Peru for near-strangers to deliver a "package". Even if one was very innocent, would it not occur to them to wonder why they aren't sending the package by post or taking it themselves. Such na?vet? is not credible in a mentally normal person. I could imagine it being a debt or an opportunistic way of making money.

Seglespaan's not going to get far on JKB: too thoughtful.

Are you suggesting that I too am naive, or that I've put to much thought into this? If the former, explain yourself.

Are you suggesting that I too am naive, or that I've put to much thought into this? If the former, explain yourself.

Means you have too much brains for us on this forum

Creepy Lurker

And finally. The following is purely speculation. But in an industry that makes someone god knows how many millions each year. Is it completely inconceivable that the Peruvian authorities haven't been bought. Give me two foreigners that we can lock up with 1.5 Mil of coke and we all look good, meanwhile we'll let 15 Mil of coke pass through undetected on the same flight. Whether by gunpoint or talked into it using phrases like "we've done it loads and have made thousands" by apparent friends back in Ibiza, I suspect this is the real truth and that these girls have been used as bargaining chips to let a much larger amount of coke get through.

While I'm not denying that things like this go on, it seems that similar arguments to this are made every time that a Briton is arrested abroad for this kind of thing. I think that it's a bit too easy to attribute everything to corruption on the part of foreign officials.

Good post, though. Certainly a few things to think about.

Dagger Is Back

Do you know anyone who has been on Coke? Seriously? Google it.

Dagger Is Back

Doesn't sound all fun to me

http://www.drugabuse.gov/publications/research-reports/cocaine-abuse-addiction/what-are-long-term-effects-cocaine-use

http://www.stopcocaineaddiction.com/Effects-of-cocaine-on-society.htm

I know that there are loads of sources of info available but the impact of drug addiction on the individual, those that they are in contact with regularly and wider society are pretty clear to me

Do you know anyone who has been on Coke? Seriously? Google it.

I do. I also know and currently work with people who have serious substance use problems. The problem is society's reaction and Government's 'War on Drugs' which has simply been a complete and utter failure.

Dagger Is Back

I do. I also know and currently work with people who have serious substance use problems. The problem is society's reaction and Government's 'War on Drugs' which has simply been a complete and utter failure.

So, in your opinion, what impact can cocaine use have on individuals and society?

So, in your opinion, what impact can cocaine use have on individuals and society?

It can have a terrible effect. As can alcohol. As a number of things. The point being, if people who took this were educated and managed properly, the effects would be less. The War on Drugs is a total sham.

I akways did wonder what was in Padington Bear's suitcase.

Seemed awful big for a small bit of marmalade.

Dagger Is Back

It can have a terrible effect. As can alcohol. As a number of things. The point being, if people who took this were educated and managed properly, the effects would be less. The War on Drugs is a total sham.

Totally agree. Addictions like alcohol, gambling and drugs can wreak havoc on individuals and society. Not sure what needs to be done to improve the War On Drugs but I sometimes feel as if 'society' tends to shake it's collective head, wag a finger and say 'get yourself sorted out'.

There but for the grace of God I think sometimes.

I've got very sympathy for those who are addicted, particularly those who are trying to fight that addiction. I have zero sympathy for those who profit from others addictions and who facilitate that addiction.

He Who Cannot Be Named

Totally agree. Addictions like alcohol, gambling and drugs can wreak havoc on individuals and society. Not sure what needs to be done to improve the War On Drugs but I sometimes feel as if 'society' tends to shake it's collective head, wag a finger and say 'get yourself sorted out'.

There but for the grace of God I think sometimes.

I've got very sympathy for those who are addicted, particularly those who are trying to fight that addiction. I have zero sympathy for those who profit from others addictions and who facilitate that addiction.

Presumably you feel the same way about those addicted to alcohol and cigarettes? and the vendors of these drugs which are considerably more detrimental to society than a bit of ching.

Dagger Is Back

Presumably you feel the same way about those addicted to alcohol and cigarettes? and the vendors of these drugs which are considerably more detrimental to society than a bit of ching.

Yes I do. I think both industries could do much more to help addicts. Let's face it, without Govt intervention, there would be no health warnings on fag packets and no unit info on drink containers for example.

Maybe I'm just being old or maybe I'm poorly educated, but I'm really uneasy about Coke being referred to as a bit of ching. You make it sound like it's as harmless as chewing gum.

The People's Chimp

There seems to be a multitude of possible scenarios as to what actually happened here. When I first heard the story I have to say I was in the "stupid little girls, lock em up" camp. But now I'm not so sure.

Scenario 1

Went to Ibiza, offered a big pay day. Got caught

Scenario 2.

Went to Ibiza, ran up a drugs debt, offered an "easy out", got caught.

Scenario 3

Went to Ibiza, partied hard with the wrong crowd, led into a basement and we forced at gunpoint to be drugs mules.

Result : 3 years in Peruvian prison awaiting trial.

We may never know the absolute truth, but to me there also seems to be a mahoosive amount of evidence that is, from what we know, getting overlooked. From what I've read this evening here are some things that the girls claim / seems to have happened thus far.

1. Both had their mobiles taken off them and were given Blackberries. "By the Cartel"

2. Both had contact with the cartel via BBM using their new mobiles

3. Both travelled from Ibiza to Majorca and then on to Peru

4. Both arrived in Peru on different days.

5. The cartel tried to call one of the girls Blackberries after they had been caught but the police didn't answer (claimed by one of the girls)

Like I say all of the above has either been claimed by the girls or the press. So surely all of the below can be proven via electronic transaction or cctv

1. Who bought the plane tickets. If bought by credit card, who was it registered to. It's not going to be the girls. If bought with cash, I'd guess that most places you can buy a plane ticket to Majorca / Peru would have cctv.

2. The Blackberries that the girls had in their possession when caught, surely there are text records. Gps records and also SIM records. When was the sim activated? And in what country was it first activated? Had the sim been activated first in Majorca. Had either of the girls ever been to Majorca before the sim was activated there? If not, it seems like they put a lot of planning into their trip.

3. The number that tried to call in the Peruvian airport. Was it a known number? Can it be GPS traced? Was the call made from within Peru. And if so do we really expect either of these girls to know anyone else in Peru.

4. If the girls were under duress from the cartel the whole time, is there anyone seen at any of the airports (probably of a South American origin) that is either travelling with them or seen at regular intervals throughout the journey.

Just as an aside, I've never had one, but apparently you can scrub the messages on BBM remotely. This makes Blackberries the favoured phone of the criminal fraternity. And in respect of your alst paragraph, could be fairly close to the truth.

Seaglespaan's post will not be beaten again this year, very good post.

I was going to start this thread when the girls got caught and so far all the excuses and changes of versions have been predicable.

next change will be they will then turn on each other and blame other.

seaglespaan has hit the nail on the head tho'.

Seglespaan: neither. I meant that glib sarcasm is the usual fare on here and a thoughtful post might not get much of am audience. But now it has.

Seglespaan: neither. I meant that glib sarcasm is the usual fare on here and a thoughtful post might not get much of am audience. But now it has.

Yes I do. I think both industries could do much more to help addicts. Let's face it, without Govt intervention, there would be no health warnings on fag packets and no unit info on drink containers for example.

Maybe I'm just being old or maybe I'm poorly educated, but I'm really uneasy about Coke being referred to as a bit of ching. You make it sound like it's as harmless as chewing gum.

Personally, I don't really like coke and cant see what the fuss is about. It turns some folk into raging arseholes and it's expensive for what you actually get. Because it's illegal, you get folk making millions from it, much like if alcohol was illegal and I believe it's because of this 'DRUGS ARE BAD' message that the Government rams down our throats, that most people are ill informed when it comes to the actual damage drugs can do when compared to alcohol, cigarettes andeven gambling. They are all destructive and addictive yet because some are legal and, for the most part, a social norm, they are seen as acceptable.

Its the same side of the same shite smeared coin.

He Who Cannot Be Named

Why? its the same as saying booze or fags. I personally think all drugs should be legalized. Its up to an individual what they want to put in their body. There are plenty of legal things to be addicted to, and that are far worse than most illegal substances excluding heroin. Alcoholism, gambling and consumerism being the main ones.

Indeed. So put it in to the hands of Government and Professionals, tax it and make it safer. Cut out the 'middle man', so to speak.

And the 2 posters above have it spot on as well.

As an aside, after speaking to people I work with, either service users or professionals, im more concerned with some of the legal highs rather than the illegal drugs.

If I really wanted to get a quantity of coke from A to B I sure as shit wouldn't hand it over to a couple of 19yr olds. If however I had another larger quantity heading out and wanted a couple of patsies to give the authorities something well then....

at the end of the day they broke the law and i hope they get the biggest sentence possible , im sick of the crap...they made me do it......balls

Guest C00l K1d

at the end of the day they broke the law and i hope they get the biggest sentence possible , im sick of the crap...they made me do it......balls

Its easy to say that til someone has a gun pointed at you saying theyll pull the trigger if you dont agree.

Not saying that happened like, but its a possibility.

doctor jambo

Hate to say it but it is working....lowest rates of new heroin users since records began.

As for the girls- I'd have stopped in Majorca and called my parents to get me to the UK ASAP.

And I think the media furore is ENTIRELY a gender, race, class issue.

White working class male- DEALER

Black male -DEALER

Unemployed scaff- DEALER

pesky foreigner- DEALER

White middle class young female -VICTIM

AS for the "didn't know"- aye, they did,

doctor jambo

Why, because it happens to be my opinion? Why should I spare any sympathy for addicts - I prefer to save my sympathy for those who, in my eyes, deserve it. Not those who got into such a situation through their own choice - because it was their choice in the first place. If you don't like that point of view then tough...

I happen to agree with Brow on this one. I have sympathy for addicts, same as I do for the overweight, drivers, sports people etc etc who may all fall vicitim to what they do and expect the NHS to patch them up. we all know trampolines are dangerous FFS but we still go on 'em and fill A&E. And most addicts had pre-existing mental issues- many were sexually abused or from violent disruptive households with high levels of poverty and domestic violence. MAny from care, adoption etc etc

blondejamtart

Jesus weeps.

Hah, good for him....and that's exactly the sort of replies I was expecting. Good to see JKB 's standards haven't changed...no wonder so many former posters have given up on the place...

LSD Eindhoven

Did it not occur to them it was a bit odd their lives were being threatened over packages of porridge?

Hate to say it but it is working....lowest rates of new heroin users since records began.

Is it? Its no coincidence it comes when its price is at its apparent highest, other drugs are at their lowest and the availability of legal highs at their easiest.

Certainly when ive spoke to people I mentioned earlier, they've thats the reasons its at its lowest.

Its easy to say that til someone has a gun pointed at you saying theyll pull the trigger if you dont agree.

Not saying that happened like, but its a possibility.

Possibly could happen.......but tbf they would'nt have marched them into the airport.......whats to stop them going to the authorites once in the airport.

Guest C00l K1d

Possibly could happen.......but tbf they would'nt have marched them into the airport.......whats to stop them going to the authorites once in the airport.

The fear of someone coming and getting them for being a grass?

Im not really sticking up for them, what theyve done is shite. But imo most probably out of fear rather than making money.

Archived