Brellier, Bednar and Pressley at Robbie's game [Pressley threads merged]

Ryan Gosling

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply
superjack

hope no one ruins the day by boo-ing elvis.at the end of the day he is a hearts hero IMO

Charlie-Brown

Still much less attractive (and meaningless) than the Premiership finale.

Tams bird

Only game i have been looking forward to for ages...

If Weir is there hope he isnt constantly moaning...

Charlie-Brown
Wonder if Bruno is delighted that Brellier is back.....

Well If I was Aguiar I'd make sure I returned the favour........:rolleyes:

Wonder if Bruno is delighted that Brellier is back.....

Did he injure him or did they just not get on?

Can't believe people are getting excited by this "game". Will be like a training session.

Will be in the pub watching the premiership.

Charlie-Brown
Can't believe people are getting excited by this "game". Will be like a training session.

It's a decent game to take younger kids to if you want to indoctrinate them into being 'Hearts' minded - however I won't be going as these games are rubbish at the best of times and the Premiership final day is so much more appealing. Also Hearts play on Saturday & Tuesday either side of Sunday.

Did he injure him or did they just not get on?

Halved Bruno in training.

But in the recent EEN article about Bruno's recovery it hinted that Bruno was most unpleased with Brellier.

It's a decent game to take younger kids to if you want to indoctrinate them into being 'Hearts' minded - however I won't be going as these games are rubbish at the best of times and the Premiership final day is so much more appealing. Also Hearts play on Saturday & Tuesday either side of Sunday.

Fair enough. Just a shame RN has hijacked it for his testimonial. 4 seasons as a first team regular and a testimonal....joke.

Colonel Kurtz

I posted Elvis was coming a while back.

What happened to one of our posters who was apparantly on a Bigots in Benidorm Break with one of the organisors,and assured us that due to his advice ,Elvis would"Be nowhere near" Tynecastle.

Can't believe that so many people would rather watch Man U easing their way to the Premiership title than watch players who have contributed a lot to our history.

So what if it's like a training session? For a start it'll be more entertaining than what we'll see on Saturday and it's a chance to applaud a number of players who gave us trophies, something that many of us had never seen before.

It's great to see so many players back and if things had worked out differently, I think everyone would have come back. Gordon and Hartley certainly would have if they hadn't been playing that day.

Guest JamboRobbo

What happened to one of our posters who was apparantly on a Bigots in Benidorm Break with one of the organisors,and assured us that due to his advice ,Elvis would"Be nowhere near" Tynecastle.

You mean this Colonel.

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/showthread.php?t=12761&page=4#post248828

Shown up for talking out his bum.

blondejamtart
Can't believe that so many people would rather watch Man U easing their way to the Premiership title than watch players who have contributed a lot to our history.

So what if it's like a training session? For a start it'll be more entertaining than what we'll see on Saturday and it's a chance to applaud a number of players who gave us trophies, something that many of us had never seen before.

It's great to see so many players back and if things had worked out differently, I think everyone would have come back. Gordon and Hartley certainly would have if they hadn't been playing that day.

Well said! :thumb: I'm certainly looking forward to seeing ALL of our former players who will be there back in action again.

It'll be my 3 year-old's first live game!

Nelly Terraces

Ineresting bit in that article that nobody seems to've picked up on:

Neilson has been a force for good off the football field as well as on it. On Monday he travels to Downing Street to meet the Prime Minister after being inducted to the hall of fame organised by Show Racism The Red Card for his work in supporting the charity.

Nice one the Retriever.

John Findlay

I admit I did not like what Steven Pressley did after the Hearts v Celtic game on his return to Tynecastle as at the time I thought it was dis-respectful to the Hearts support. However, if Steven says that is no the case then I for one believe him as I believe overall he is an honest man.

The bottom line is. There are not many Hearts captain's knocking about who have lifted the Scottish Cup. Three more than Hibs but still not many. I will also respect Steven for that alone.

John

Nelly Terraces
I admit I did not like what Steven Pressley did after the Hearts v Celtic game on his return to Tynecastle as at the time I thought it was dis-respectful to the Hearts support. However, if Steven says that is no the case then I for one believe him as I believe overall he is an honest man.

The bottom line is. There are not many Hearts captain's knocking about who have lifted the Scottish Cup. Three more than Hibs but still not many. I will also respect Steven for that alone.

John

John, has he actually said that anywhere?

Seeing these players again will be immense.

I am most looking forward to see Pressley again. Although he has gone down in estimation in many fans eyes. I still have the utmost respect for him.

Riccarton 3 was the demise of the team as we know it. Since that point it has been all down-hill and SP was trying to open our eyes to what was going on, yet he is still lambasted for it.

John Findlay
John, has he actually said that anywhere?

Nelly,

a poster posted he said that personally to him whilst at an event they were both attending. I see no reason to dis-believe either.

John

Nelly Terraces
Nelly,

a poster posted he said that personally to him whilst at an event they were both attending. I see no reason to dis-believe either.

John

No, I'm sure the boy's telling the truth, but I wish Pressley would come out and say something along the lines of that publicy. He should have said it at the time. Even if he said he his actions at the game in question were not aimed at the Hearts support, that would have done for me, and a lot of others.

I will be on my feet applauding Elvis, a true Hearts great, yes he annoyed me greatly with his antics, but I am not going to let a few seconds of madness taint everything he did for the club

Guest Dipped Flake
Fair enough. Just a shame RN has hijacked it for his testimonial. 4 seasons as a first team regular and a testimonal....joke.

The only joke is that some Hearts 'fans' would rather watch some english teams on the tv than get the chance to cheer some of our 2 cup-winning teams back at Tynecastle. I will be there with my family, cheering Robbie for his efforts for our team and cheering our cup-winners. Hope you have a good time cheering on players on atelly who have nothing to do with our club.

Jamboross98
hope no one ruins the day by boo-ing elvis.at the end of the day he is a hearts hero IMO

He lost his legendary status when he came back to Tynie with them and their fans. I know that he has to earn a living, but the way he strutted about that day, beating and kissing their badge, saluting their fans and more or less sticking two fingers up at those who respected him for his professionalism, was the final straw for me. I never liked what he did as part of the Riccarton Three either, coming out publicly and feeding the press with just as much garbage as is put on The Terrace on Kickback. I never booed him at that game, but he's hardly played since then and I have booed him in the past now. Sunday will be a chance to see many ex-Hearts players whom I would call legends including Skacel & Bednar who have done no wrong by the club, but I, for one, will boo Mr Pressley. How anyone like him can walk down Princes Street on a clear day with a full Celtic tracksuit and hat, the day before they play us at Tynie, I will never know. I'd rather he never came back, but if Robbie wants him then that's his choice, a poor choice IMO.

The only joke is that some Hearts 'fans' would rather watch some english teams on the tv than get the chance to cheer some of our 2 cup-winning teams back at Tynecastle. I will be there with my family, cheering Robbie for his efforts for our team and cheering our cup-winners. Hope you have a good time cheering on players on atelly who have nothing to do with our club.

Will not be cheering on anyone on the telly mate. Just be more interesting to watch than the training session.

I cheered both cup winners at Parkhead (98) and Hampden (06) as well as the days afterwards. Not to mention the teams who lost in 86 and 96 (though why I cheered them after a 5-1 humping I ain't sure).

I never said the game was a joke just that RN was using it as a testimonal since he has only been a first team player for 4 seasons. But hey, you are a better fan than me so what do I know.

PresidentRomanov

It was Tenerife actually, and that's what was said at the time.

There's obviously been a change of someone's mind, which is a shame, because I won't be attending now:mad:

Guest JamboRobbo
It was Tenerife actually, and that's what was said at the time.

There's obviously been a change of someone's mind, which is a shame, because I won't be attending now:mad:

I'm sure Robbie will be gutted that such an influental supporter as yourself didn't get his way. :rofl:

PresidentRomanov
I'm sure Robbie will be gutted that such an influental supporter as yourself didn't get his way. :rofl:

I like Robbie, that's why I won't be attending - wouldn't want to spoil his day.

I'm still helping out, by picking up Stephane Adam from Prestwick Airport on Saturday for him though.

Guest JamboRobbo
I like Robbie, that's why I won't be attending - wouldn't want to spoil his day.

I'm still helping out, by picking up Stephane Adam from Prestwick Airport on Saturday for him though.

What a hero.

PresidentRomanov
What a hero.

Do I detect a hint of jealousy there ;)

Don't worry, you're still top dog on the internet :computer:

Guest JamboRobbo
Do I detect a hint of jealousy there ;)

Don't worry, you're still top dog on the internet :computer:

How conceited. Clearly I was talking about Mr Adam.

What is stopping you from going, no need for applause, just sit in your seat and kepp shctum when Pressley comes out:confused:

Dave 1974

Why would anyone boo Elvis? He's been completely vindicated by Romanov's actions and poor handling of the club.

Welcome back Steven.

I've got a good way to not spoil his day - go and dont boo at any of the players. Or is that too hard?

PresidentRomanov
How conceited. Clearly I was talking about Mr Adam.

You're so clever :rolleyes:

If you're incapable of basic self-control, it's probably better that you don't bother.

:mw_rolleyes:

Craigieboy

Look at me everyone. Please, look at me!

Commander Harris

brellier and bednar confirmed on official site now.

http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/page/HeartsNewsDetail/0,,10289~1308223,00.html

no sign of Pressley in the Squad list yet.

Gilles Rousset

Dave McPherson

Paul Ritchie

Ibrahim Tall

Deividas Cesnauskis

Steve Fulton

Jose Quitongo

Neil McCann

Rudi Skacel

Thomas Flogel

Stefano Salvatori

Julien Brellier

Michal Pospisil

Stephane Adam

Jim Hamilton

John Robertson

Edgaras Jankauskas

Roman Bednar

Ryan Gosling
brellier and bednar confirmed on official site now.

http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/page/HeartsNewsDetail/0,,10289~1308223,00.html

no sign of Pressley in the Squad list yet.

Gilles Rousset

Dave McPherson

Paul Ritchie

Ibrahim Tall

Deividas Cesnauskis

Steve Fulton

Jose Quitongo

Neil McCann

Rudi Skacel

Thomas Flogel

Stefano Salvatori

Julien Brellier

Michal Pospisil

Stephane Adam

Jim Hamilton

John Robertson

Edgaras Jankauskas

Roman Bednar

I'm sure it'll be a late announcement.

Looks like quite a spectacle now though.

The whole event seems like a massive kick in the sacks.

"Here's what you could've won...."

Guest Dipped Flake
Will not be cheering on anyone on the telly mate. Just be more interesting to watch than the training session.

I cheered both cup winners at Parkhead (98) and Hampden (06) as well as the days afterwards. Not to mention the teams who lost in 86 and 96 (though why I cheered them after a 5-1 humping I ain't sure).

I never said the game was a joke just that RN was using it as a testimonal since he has only been a first team player for 4 seasons. But hey, you are a better fan than me so what do I know.[/QUOTE]

See, at last we agree on something;)

Look at me everyone. Please, look at me!

Not me who posts in large pink letters mate.:P

rossthejambo

im really looking forward to the game now. even if im missing out on the premiership finale.

seeing the likes of flogel, adam, skacel, brellier, bednar etc will more than make up for it.

as for pressley. iv always said as long as hes in a celtic top i would never applaud him. if he plays on sunday i will happily applaud him because he does deserve it for what he did for hearts

Archived