Brellier, Bednar and Pressley at Robbie's game [Pressley threads merged]

Ryan Gosling

davemclaren
To be fair, he never seemed clever or articulate. :laugh:

His interviews were / are amazing :

"Eh...ah hink the boays...played well the day...we scored some goals...(big pause)...so we won the game...which wis gid...(bigger pause)...ah'm glad we won...hopefully we kin keep it up...eh..."

The point about Hartley's a very good one, and one which serves to invalide the timpathisers' argument about everyone who boos Pressley being a bigot. That being the case, how come Paul Hartley - the one who's a Celtic fan and, er, the actual Catholic out of the two - doesn't get any abuse? It's a point which tends to be ignored by the "we don't have an agenda, honest" brigade, though.

Where is the post that says that everyone that boos Pressley is a bigot?

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Maple Leaf
After speaking with my friends that I attend games with, the dozen or so of us that were planning to go on Sunday, aren't now.

I suspect inviting that rheptile back, could cost Robbie a few quid - shame :sad:

This is an incredible, shocking post. I had to read it twice to make sure I wasn't mistaken.

You have a dozen friends? ;)

Paul Hartley also signed for the mhanks, but I - and my mates who are very representative of the wider Hearts support - have no problem with that. The way he got his move demonstrated respect and dignity. :)

The same can't be said of Prhessley, and this was compounded and aggravated by his despicable and disgusting chest thumping display. :mad:

you and your mates clearly are in the minority as far as mr pressley is concerned.

Nucky Thompson
you and your mates clearly are in the minority as far as mr pressley is concerned.
I think you'll find that most Jambos in the real world are disgusted by Pressley:cool:

I think you'll find that most Jambos in the real world are disgusted by Pressley:cool:

I don't quite see how you can know that.

I know many Hearts supporters who hate him, i know many that still think he is a legend.

The majority of Hearts supporters that i know couldn't really care less about him one way or the other.

I suspect the majority of Hearts supporters "in the real world" share this view.

I should point out that i don't know every Hearts supporter "in the real world" and the above is only an opinion.

Nucky Thompson

Nice to see the two kickbackers who fervently hate him (for the crime of sticking it to the lunatic who owns our club) trying to redress the balance by posting the same point incessantly.

This has nothing to do with the riccarton statement (when he made the already hurting Hearts fans a bigger laughing stock). What did he tell is in that statement by the way?

This is about rubbing the Hearts fans faces in the sh*t against our most hated team (Hibs are just our wee rivals).

Nucky Thompson
I don't quite see how you can know that.

I know many Hearts supporters who hate him, i know many that still think he is a legend.

The majority of Hearts supporters that i know couldn't really care less about him one way or the other.

I suspect the majority of Hearts supporters "in the real world" share this view.

I should point out that i don't know every Hearts supporter "in the real world" and the above is only an opinion.

OK mate, every Hearts fan I know who doesn't post on here (all with different opinions on Vlad) have no respect for him.

Only a Game

Superb.

Almost to a man, every single poster on here with a pro Rangers, barely concealed nasty sectarian agenda NOT going to the game because an ex-Hearts captain they have a twisted issue with is appearing.

Go then. Do what you feel your twisted logic persuades you to do. And dont come back. Your not needed or wanted at Tynecastle (all 12 of you who are left) The decent fans amongst us have been waiting for years for you all to

p 1ss off anyway.

I am quite delighted personally and I'll be applauding Elvis as a true Hearts FC legend on Sunday.

Be off with you all.

sneakypete
It was Tenerife actually, and that's what was said at the time.

There's obviously been a change of someone's mind, which is a shame, because I won't be attending now:mad:

good you,ll no be welcome anyway dick imagine booing a real HEARTS LEGEND

Nucky Thompson
barely concealed nasty sectarian agenda
Is hating someone because they happen to be born in England sectarian? Not that I'm saying you hate English people:rolleyes:

This has nothing to do with the riccarton statement (when he made the already hurting Hearts fans a bigger laughing stock). What did he tell is in that statement by the way?...

He told us that...

1) A number of players weren't happy with what was going on.

2) The managers position was almost incidental in association with the problems related to the football club.

3) The correct values and discipline was absent within the club.

4) The coaching staff and certain players lacked the full backing, direction and coherence of the manager and those running the football club.

5) The problems within the club had been ongoing for two years.

and

6) Morale was not good and there was significant unrest in the dressing-room.

Dirk Diggler
Is hating someone because they happen to be born in England sectarian? Not that I'm saying you hate English people:rolleyes:

He's one of the 'decent fans'.

You're not.

Read it and weep !!.:rolleyes:

sneakypete
remember reading a guys post a couple of weeks ago saying that he had met him and it was aimed at romanov not the hearts fans and he is sorry for them taking it the wrong way

THAT WAS ME AND ITS THE TRUTH , AND WAS AIMED AT THE ROMANOV REGIME :evilno:

Nucky Thompson
He told us that...

1) A number of players weren't happy with what was going on.did he tell us what was going on?

2) The managers position was almost incidental in association with the problems related to the football club.Did he tell us the problems related to the football club?

3) The correct values and discipline was absent within the club.Can't remember him saying that

4) The coaching staff and certain players lacked the full backing, direction and coherence of the manager and those running the football club.or that

5) The problems within the club had been ongoing for two years.or that

and

6) Morale was not good and there was significant unrest in the dressing-room.I'll give you that

Some people see things differently I suppose:rolleyes:

i am sure that you dont really believe that.

Nucky Thompson
THAT WAS ME AND ITS THE TRUTH , AND WAS AIMED AT THE ROMANOV REGIME :evilno:
It was you:mw_rolleyes: That says it all for me:biggrin:

Dirk Diggler
i am sure that you dont really believe that.

I don't know about 'most' but he certainly upset many Hearts fans.

Perhaps Sunday will be his chance to make the peace with some.

I'm not attending, Ach, I'll have to just keep on hating him.

did he tell us what was going on?

Did he tell us the problems related to the football club?

I think you could reasonably assume that what was going on and what the problems relating to the football club were had something to do with the lack of correct values and discipline, the lack of full backing, direction and coherence of the manager and those running the football club & that morale was not good and there was significant unrest in the dressing-room

Can't remember him saying that

or that

or that

The Riccarton 3 statement is undernoted. I've emboldened certain parts for you. Perhaps it'll jog your memory.

"This is a statement on behalf of a number of players.

This statement is no reflection on Eduard Malofeev. My first impression is that he is an honest and diligent man.

I would like to wish Valdas a speedy recovery, but whether he returns or not is almost incidental in association with the problems related to this football club.

I have tried, along with the coaching staff and certain colleagues, to implement the correct values and discipline, but it has become an impossible task.

There is only so much coaching staff, a captain and certain colleagues can do without the full backing, direction and coherence of the manager and those running the football club.

While publicly I have expressed the needs for unity, behind the scenes I have made my concerns abundantly clear. The last two years have been testing for the players and together they have faced a number of challenges.

I have worked hard to retain unity.

However, due to circumstances, morale understandably is not good and there is significant unrest in the dressing-room".

Some people see things differently I suppose:rolleyes:

It would seem so.

sneakypete
It was you:mw_rolleyes: That says it all for me:biggrin:

TAKE IT YOUR HAPPY WITH THE WAY THE CLUB IS BEING RUN BY THE ROMANOVS , MAYBE YOU SHOULD WAKE UP AND SMELL THE COFFEE AS IT SEEMS THAT YOU THINK BOOING A LEGEND IS GREAT JUST BECAUSE HE TRIED TO MAKE A STANCE TO LET US THE FANS KNOW WHAT WAS HAPPENING BEHIND THE SCENES . WHY DO YOU THINK JOHN MCGLYNN LEFT EH COS OF THE WAY VLAD IS RUNNING THE CLUB YOU REALLY ARE CLUELESS:evilno:

Nucky Thompson
I think you could reasonably assume that what was going on and what the problems relating to the football club were had something to do with the lack of correct values and discipline, the lack of full backing, direction and coherence of the manager and those running the football club & that morale was not good and there was significant unrest in the dressing-room

The Riccarton 3 statement is undernoted. I've emboldened certain parts for you. Perhaps it'll jog your memory.

It would seem so.

Yes I know Legend, but did it really make things clear to the supporters what was going on? I remember scratching my head thinking, what was that all about.

Nucky Thompson
TAKE IT YOUR HAPPY WITH THE WAY THE CLUB IS BEING RUN BY THE ROMANOVS , MAYBE YOU SHOULD WAKE UP AND SMELL THE COFFEE AS IT SEEMS THAT YOU THINK BOOING A LEGEND IS GREAT JUST BECAUSE HE TRIED TO MAKE A STANCE TO LET US THE FANS KNOW WHAT WAS HAPPENING BEHIND THE SCENES . WHY DO YOU THINK JOHN MCGLYNN LEFT EH COS OF THE WAY VLAD IS RUNNING THE CLUB YOU REALLY ARE CLUELESS:evilno:
The caps lock button is on the left hand side of your computer:cool: I'll say it again with the caps lock on...NOBODY IS P*SSED AT HIM BECAUSE OF THE RICCARTON STATEMENT, IT WAS HIS CONDUCT WHEN HE CAME BACK TO TYNIE WITH THAT MHANKY LOT.

Yes I know Legend, but did it really make things clear to the supporters what was going on? I remember scratching my head thinking, what was that all about.

Apart from a number of players being unhappy with what was going on, the managers position being almost incidental in association with the problems related to the football club, the correct values and discipline being absent within the club, the coaching staff and certain players lacking the full backing, direction and coherence of the manager and those running the football club, the problems within the club being ongoing for two years and morale being not good along with significant unrest in the dressing-room, what else did you want him to say? Specific instances/details?

sneakypete
The caps lock button is on the left hand side of your computer:cool: I'll say it again with the caps lock on...NOBODY IS P*SSED AT HIM BECAUSE OF THE RICCARTON STATEMENT, IT WAS HIS CONDUCT WHEN HE CAME BACK TO TYNIE WITH THAT MHANKY LOT.

theres only one steven pressley theres only one steven pressley theresonly one steven pressley

Pants Shaton

The simple way to settle whether most Hearts fans (or at least the ones who spend too much time on the internet) believe Pressley is a legend:

POLL.

Nucky Thompson
theres only one steven pressley theres only one steven pressley theresonly one steven pressley
And it was your thread on here that had everyone believing Pressley had repented:brows:

Nelly Terraces

Geezers not even playing for us any more, so who gives a flying duck about it? Get over it for foxs sakes. Know what I'm bovved about? The mug in charge of my club, who needs a good bit of Gorgie Aggro coming his way, and the fact the manager we have just now is a puppet and 99.9% of our players are gash, and total bottlers.

"Oh Oh Steven Pressley this and that".

Cheers.

NT(prob banned fae here now)

MacDonald Jardine
Superb.

Almost to a man, every single poster on here with a pro Rangers, barely concealed nasty sectarian agenda NOT going to the game because an ex-Hearts captain they have a twisted issue with is appearing.

Go then. Do what you feel your twisted logic persuades you to do. And dont come back. Your not needed or wanted at Tynecastle (all 12 of you who are left) The decent fans amongst us have been waiting for years for you all to

p 1ss off anyway.

I am quite delighted personally and I'll be applauding Elvis as a true Hearts FC legend on Sunday.

Be off with you all.

So answer the point about Hartley.

The barely concealed sectarian agenda is reserved for Protestants who play for Celtic?

This has nothing to do with the team he has chosen to play (in the loosest possible sense) for and everything to do with his antics at Tynecastle.

Does it wipe out the previous 8 years?

No, but it suggests that any thoughts people had about him having feelings for Hearts as a club were nonsense.

For the record I hope Sunday isn't spoiled by any abuse of Pressley but I'll never applaud him.

I'd give Hartley a standing ovation if he was there.

By The Light..

I think a wee song or two might be in order;

One STEVEN PRESSLEY

There's only one

STEPHEN PRESSLEY

etc etc

;)

Nucky Thompson

I hope he reads this forum and feels guilty:rolleyes: the amount of guys who still

stick up for him is unreal:cool:

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic
I hope he reads this forum and feels guilty:rolleyes: the amount of guys who still

That's how I feel about Romanov.

The vast majority of Hearts fans, rightly, regard Steven Pressley as a legend.

Nice to see the two kickbackers who fervently hate him (for the crime of sticking it to the lunatic who owns our club) trying to redress the balance by posting the same point incessantly.

My respect for Pressley plummeted following his chest thumping but I can understand the circumstances leading up to it. It cannot erase the 8 years of inspirational service he gave to Hearts.

This should have been his testimonial season.

First of all, where are you getting "the vast majority" from? It certainly hasn't been in evidence at actual games, which I'd say are a better barometer of public opinion than online forums. Each to their own, though.

Secondly, you're right. We (They? Not quite sure if you were referring to me, maybe you could clarify) are posting the same point. Maybe that's because no-one's answered it yet. Could you please try and answer it? Thanks in advance.

Where is the post that says that everyone that boos Pressley is a bigot?

You're being disingenuous, and I'm having trouble believing that it's not deliberate.

Take a look at the post that I've quoted below - why bother saying it when you can heavily imply it?

Superb.

p 1ss off anyway.

Be off with you all.

Out of interest, could you answer the point about Hartley? No-one's done it yet.

Since you're the shaker in chief of the bigot stick, maybe you could explain this glaring inconsistency?

I would say that "Hearts don't need fans like you", but I'm not arrogant enough to give it the "my viewpoint is the only one which can ever be right" patter - I also don't accuse people of being a bigot without proof.

So it's lucky that I don't need proof in this instance. What's that avatar all about?

Only a Game
So answer the point about Hartley.

Your seriously suggesting that Paul Hartley, whilst he was at Hearts, when he made it clear that he wanted to go to Celtic, and when he actually joined Celtic, was universally appreciated by the Kickback Flute band and attracted no abusive criticism or thinly vieled(or otherwise) sectarian abuse.

Thats the picture they would like to paint now of course to deflect away from an agenda that even they are too ashamed to come out and openly discuss but its far from the truth.

If Pressley had went the other way and gone back to Rangers there would be threads on here wishing him luck in the UEFA cup final (if he was playing) and hoping he got a well deserved league championship medal. Threads started by the same same people who dismiss his magnificent contribution in his time at Hearts by highlighting one mistake made in a time of high passion and emotion for the guy.

He'd have got away with chest thumping in a Rangers shirt with barely an adverse comment about it. You know it. I know it. Everybody knows it and we all know why.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic
Your seriously suggesting that Paul Hartley, whilst he was at Hearts, when he made it clear that he wanted to go to Celtic, and when he actually joined Celtic, was universally appreciated by the Kickback Flute band and attracted no criticism or thinly vieled(or otherwise) sectarian abuse.

Thats the picture they would like to paint now of course to deflect away from an agenda that even they are too ashamed to come out and openly discuss but its far from the truth.

If Pressley had went the other way and gone back to Rangers there would be threads on here wishing him luck in the UEFA cup final and hoping he got a well deserved league championship medal. Threads started by the same same people who dismiss his magnificent contribition in his time at Hearts by highlighting one mistake made in a time of high passion and emotion for the guy.

He'd have got away with chest thumping in a Rangers shirt. You know it. I know it. Everybody knows it and we all know why.

Bingo.

Game over.

Your seriously suggesting that Paul Hartley, whilst he was at Hearts, when he made it clear that he wanted to go to Celtic, and when he actually joined Celtic, was universally appreciated by the Kickback Flute band and attracted no criticism or thinly vieled(or otherwise) sectarian abuse.

If Pressley had went the other way and gone back to Rangers there would be threads on here wishing him luck in the UEFA cup final and hoping he got a well deserved league championship medal. Threads started by the same same people who dismiss his magnificent contribition in his time at Hearts by highlighting one mistake made in a time of high passion and emotion for the guy.

He'd have got away with chest thumping in a Rangers shirt. You know it. I know it. Everybody knows it and we all know why.

I actually don't "know it". At all.

If your only points are going to consist of sheer conjecture, I'd humbly suggest (as a worse fan and generally worse human being than you, naturally) that you don't have a leg to stand on here.

Nucky Thompson
Your seriously suggesting that Paul Hartley, whilst he was at Hearts, when he made it clear that he wanted to go to Celtic, and when he actually joined Celtic, was universally appreciated by the Kickback Flute band and attracted no abusive criticism or thinly vieled(or otherwise) sectarian abuse.

He'd have got away with chest thumping in a Rangers shirt with barely an adverse comment about it. You know it. I know it. Everybody knows it and we all know why.

Paul Hartley got no abuse, he didn't deserve any abuse. Paul Hartley has respect for Hearts fans.

davemclaren

You're being disingenuous, and I'm having trouble believing that it's not deliberate.

Take a look at the post that I've quoted below - why bother saying it when you can heavily imply it?

It doesn't imply it. It says that those with a pro-rangers view posts against Pressely. Not sure I agree with that but it is somewhat different from saying that everyone that boos Pressley is a bigot.

I think you are being a bit more disengenuous than I am. Perhaps it's you that has an agenda to promote?

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

It seems as if people are under the impression that only bigots boo Pressley.

I remember about 18,000 people giving him dogs abuse at Tynecastle!!

He won't get abuse this week because it's not that type of occasion.

MacDonald Jardine

I wouldn't say Hartley got no abuse but very little.

I still don't quite understand why all these sectarian anti catholics avoid having a go at Hartley who is a Catholic so they can pick on Pressley the Protestant.

To suggest that a Rangers jersey would have been okay is nonsense.

Name me one poster on here who defends Allan Johnston, Paul Ritchie or Andy Webster.

It doesn't imply it. It says that those with a pro-rangers view posts against Pressely. Not sure I agree with that but it is somewhat different from saying that everyone that boos Pressley is a bigot.

I think you are being a bit more disengenuous than I am. Perhaps it's you that has an agenda to promote?

Err, he said a "pro Rangers, nasty sectarian agenda". Which, um, is actually accusing others of being bigots.

Even if he hadn't (and he did, rendering this paragraph superfluous), what do you think that he was getting at with the below comment?

Your not needed or wanted at Tynecastle (all 12 of you who are left) The decent fans amongst us have been waiting for years for you all to

p 1ss off anyway.

That seems to go a bit deeper than accusing people of being "pro-Rangers".

What agenda do you think that I have to promote? You obviously can't be accusing me of being a bigot - you wouldn't do that - so maybe you can clarify?

Only a Game

Perhaps theres a LARGE amount of Hearts fans sticking up for him because they are right and you are WRONG.

Not something I imagine you had considered.

Shh! It never happened. Absolutely no-one on Kickback booed, even though they were all at the game!

...they are right and you are WRONG.

Not something I imagine you had considered.

:laugh:

Do you do the irony on purpose?

Edit : By the way, I don't think that we're right and you're wrong, I think that we all have opinions - which, by definition, can't be either right or wrong. It'd be nice to be extended the same courtesy, because as things are you're being a bit of a bigot about this.

davemclaren
I wouldn't say Hartley got no abuse but very little.

I still don't quite understand why all these sectarian anti catholics avoid having a go at Hartley who is a Catholic so they can pick on Pressley the Protestant.

To suggest that a Rangers jersey would have been okay is nonsense.

Name me one poster on here who defends Allan Johnston, Paul Ritchie or Andy Webster.

Me. :)

MacDonald Jardine
Me. :)

There's always one.

Should have thought of the smart arse comment.

Only a Game
It seems as if people are under the impression that only bigots boo Pressley.

He won't get abuse this week because it's not that type of occasion.

We can argue all night about the actual numbers who boo'd him at that game. But the reason he wont get universally boo'd on Sunday is because reasonable right thinking people have moved on and forgiven and forgotten a silly mistake he made.

He was wrong to do what he done. No doubt about that. But FFS he did way more good than harm to Hearts over the years and he is a Cup winning captain. Get over it.

Charlie-Brown

How many Elvis / Pr(h)essley threads must there be every week? it's completely repetitive & tiresome.......

...reasonable right thinking people have moved on and forgiven and forgotten...

Who decides what constitutes a "reasonable, right thinking person"? Is it you?

If any of us were reasonable or right thinking, would we spend this much time on an internet forum posting to a bunch of strangers about a bunch of strangers kicking about a piece of inflatable leather?

Is it reasonable or right thinking to slander an entire country in your avatar on said internet forum?

Edit : Out of interest, No More Heroes, don't you think that people who come onto every single Pressley / Phressley thread and moan about it being another Pressley / Phressley thread are repetitive and tiresome?

Charlie-Brown
Who decides what constitutes a "reasonable, right thinking person"? Is it you?

If any of us were reasonable or right thinking, would we spend this much time on an internet forum posting to a bunch of strangers about a bunch of strangers kicking about a piece of inflatable leather?

Is it reasonable or right thinking to slander an entire country in your avatar on said internet forum?

Edit : Out of interest, No More Heroes, don't you think that people who come onto every single Pressley / Phressley thread and moan about it being another Pressley / Phressley thread are repetitive and tiresome?

This is the 2nd thread this week though? Wasn't everybodies point of view stated on the 1st one? what new has been added by highjacking this thread? why didn't people just bring the old one back to the front page?

Archived