US Open Tennis Series

Rudi Skacel

• Replies 592
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sergio Garcia

Hewitt takes the final set with ease winning it 6-1. 7/1 at the start of the match was a steal considering his form against JDP this year.

I watched it till Hewitt got broken back at 5-5 in the second set. Was a good match up till then.

Only downside to Del Potro going out is I was hoping he could perhaps be the one to knock out Novak. Seems like our Andy is going to have to do this the hard way.

Sergio Garcia

Shock that Del Potro is out. Unfortunately, it opens the draw right up for Novak.

Hewitt has beaten him twice this year before last nights game, seems to have the measure of him.

Dan Evans on next after the Isner match which is currently at 1 set all.

Murray is on court at 6pm tomorow. What an afternoon of sport that is, Liverpool Man Utd, Arsenal Spurs then Murrays match.

Hope it pisses down tomorrow so Murray gets bumped to Monday, for purely selfish reasons. :smug:

Watching Camila Giorgi at the moment who appears to be wearing a cocktail skirt. I have no idea what the score is.

Great win there 7-6 6-2 6-2

Some of the shots were just brilliant.

Good stuff going into next week. Should get through the 4th round ok but it gets really tough in the quarters against either Berdych (who has played well so far unnoticed) or Wawrinka who won today in 4 sets, and the semi and final need to explaining.

Great win there 7-6 6-2 6-2

Some of the shots were just brilliant.

Good stuff going into next week. Should get through the 4th round ok but it gets really tough in the quarters against either Berdych (who has played well so far unnoticed) or Wawrinka who won today in 4 sets, and the semi and final need to explaining.

I still believe that, in normal conditions, Berdych would have beaten Murray in last year's semi-final.

I also do not believe that Murray will win this tournament. Utterly ridiculously, I think Federer will. :o

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC
:rofl: geez a break lawson. Should have retired about a year ago. Nadal wins this at a canter. I have come to the conclusion djoko has regressed an his one great season was a bit of a fluke.

:rofl: geez a break lawson. Should have retired about a year ago. Nadal wins this at a canter. I have come to the conclusion djoko has regressed an his one great season was a bit of a fluke.

Well yes: he was bound to regress on that level of brilliance. I attempted to make precisely that point in the aftermath of the Wimbledon final, but no-one on here was having it. Blue and white tinted specs are far easier to hide behind at such moments. :ninja:

I'd love to see Rafa and Murray go at it full pelt in a US Open final.

Nadal's hard court form has been unstoppable this year and of course picked up his madrid, barca and roland garros wins on the clay. He's definitely back.

Aye that Wimbledon thread was something else eh :lol:

Djoko for me is now in a position ahead of fed/del Potro and behind Murray/nadal

Aye that Wimbledon thread was something else eh :lol:

Djoko for me is now in a position ahead of fed/del Potro and behind Murray/nadal

Think that's a bit harsh on Djokovic. He's only had one set so far this tournament go beyond 6-2. I think he'll beat Murray in the semi then lose to Nadal in the final though. Hope I'm wrong, obviously.

A Nadal vs Murray final would be awesome. When was the last time they met in a major? I mind Murray beating Nadal in the semi in either 2007 or 2008 at the US Open, but can't remember many others.

Think that's a bit harsh on Djokovic. He's only had one set so far this tournament go beyond 6-2. I think he'll beat Murray in the semi then lose to Nadal in the final though. Hope I'm wrong, obviously.

A Nadal vs Murray final would be awesome. When was the last time they met in a major? I mind Murray beating Nadal in the semi in either 2007 or 2008 at the US Open, but can't remember many others.

http://www.atpworldt...d=N409&oId=MC10

Nadal leads 6-2 in Grand Slams.

Last meeting was the 2011 US Open semi-final. Nadal won in four sets. Nadal actually beat him in three grand slam semis that year though a lot has changed since then.

To be honest, it's just a feeling I have, the stats don't support it but I just think he has lost some of that magic he had two years ago.

Murray is clearly the better player now for me.

Hope the mum's boy from Dunblane get's emptied.

Andy

Damn Right

I hope none of the professional Tennis players who grew up with pushy parents do well.

Except that's all of them

Lawson goes very scatter-gun after his ace-in-the-hole Del Potro gets pumped out :lol:

I went very scatter-gun before my ace-in-the-hole Del Potro got pumped out, I'll have you know. :smuggy:

Having been tipping JMDP all year long to win this, I backed off a few weeks back. And why? Because I watched Federer playing like a donkey - playing more like Roger de Courcey than Roger Federer - and I thought: "This is the GOAT for heavens sake. This can't continue".

And then I thought back to Pete Sampras also suffering a stunning early exit at Wimbledon, also playing like a donkey during that summer, and being completely written off by everyone... before bouncing back to win one final US Open and cap his glorious career. So that's what I think will happen this time too. :sorcerer:

NB. Of course it won't happen. It'd be absolutely mental if it did. But hey ho. :)

This is weird. I don't even like Federer but for some reason I'm willing him to stage a wee comeback here. It's a bit hard to watch.

He's not RoboFed anymore and I'm not sure how I feel about that at all.

Chad Sexington

This is weird. I don't even like Federer but for some reason I'm willing him to stage a wee comeback here. It's a bit hard to watch.

He's not RoboFed anymore and I'm not sure how I feel about that at all.

I know how I feel.

:jjyay:

Robredo now 2 sets up against Mr Smug Has been Prick.

Lawson strikes again. :lol:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Nothing EVER changes.

I know how I feel.

:jjyay:

I thought I would be all :jjyay: and have been in the past when he slipped up but I feel right sorry for him tonight for some reason. I'm not impressed with myself or my reaction at all if that's any better.

Doesn't matter what he does, it's just not happening for him tonight. Very strange. Robredo deserves some credit but there's also loads of bizarre ****** ups and unforced errors from Federer.

Oh well. I guess he really is finished. Lawson kiss of death shoved him straight down the trapdoor marked "Retire now you smug waster" too. :vrface:

I agree with redm though. I feel a bit sorry for him. It's weird watching geniuses reduced to shambling incompetence: like a Rembrandt painting that just resembles a bunch of incomprehensible smudges or something. :mellow:

Well well well.

I thought about pausing the screen there to screenshot his miserable face but resisted urge. I'm clearly not that upset for him after all. :biggrin:

Did he wear his personalised rf tap :verysmug:

Come on rog, do the right thing and retire my man.

Went to have a quick peek at Tipsarevic/Ferrer but no other matches on red button? What's going on?

You missed a great match :smug:

Ferrer is an outside bet, but I still see the big three having too much for him.

Did he wear his personalised rf tap :verysmug:

Come on rog, do the right thing and retire my man.

Nothing quite like seeing the chubby wee faces of overweight geeky kids in their 'Roger that' t-shirts tonight. :laugh:

Their buttery tears give me strength. :pleasing:

Chad Sexington

Just posted "He's finished." on the Tennis Now thread on Facebook.

I await the tears and snotters from his fan boyz with glee. :smuggy:

Just posted "He's finished." on the Tennis Now thread on Facebook.

I await the tears and snotters from his fan boyz with glee. :smuggy:

I've just taken a look.

1. :cornette:

2. :cornette:

3. Good work! :lol:

Just been looking at the rankings, Roger will actually move up a place to 6th due to Del Potros's early exit and a key one here, if Djokovic fails to reach the final and Nadal wins the US Open then he will be number 1.

Its only a matter of time before Nadal becomes number 1 in the world again and he will do so before the WTF in November.

I P Knightley

Just been looking at the rankings, Roger will actually move up a place to 6th due to Del Potros's early exit and a key one here, if Djokovic fails to reach the final and Nadal wins the US Open then he will be number 1.

Its only a matter of time before Nadal becomes number 1 in the world again and he will do so before the WTF in November.

Stan and Gasquet are both snapping at Fed's heels to take places in the tour finals. I'm assuming that JWT is injured but if he puts together a few more tournies, there's a decent chance of Fed falling to make the tour finals.

Archived