US Open Tennis Series

Rudi Skacel

Franklin Delano Bluth

5 major finals in a row, about 8 semis - inconsistent.

How many finals of ATP Tour 1000's in a row? When was the last time he played in the final of a ATP 1000? When was the last time he played in a Semi of an ATP 1000? Before Queens for either of them?

Consistent in Grand Slams doesn't mean consistent week in, week out.

• Replies 592
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How many finals of ATP Tour 1000's in a row? When was the last time he played in the final of a ATP 1000? When was the last time he played in a Semi of an ATP 1000? Before Queens for either of them?

Consistent in Grand Slams doesn't mean consistent week in, week out.

He won Miami in March but yes I agree, he is too inconsistent in the masters series. I dont see anyone winning other than Nadal now Djokovic has gone out. Its all very well saying you focus on the grand slams but playing well in the masters makes your route in the grand slams easier.

Franklin Delano Bluth

He won Miami in March but yes I agree, he is too inconsistent in the masters series. I dont see anyone winning other than Nadal now Djokovic has gone out. Its all very well saying you focus on the grand slams but playing well in the masters makes your route in the grand slams easier.

I knew he'd won some Masters this year, obviously. I agree with everything you say :thumbsup:

Decent match between Nadal and Federer last night, Nadal won 5-7, 6-4, 6-3. Best I've seen Federer play in a while. Having won last year Federer will now drop to 7th in the Rankings, though as far as seeding at the Slams goes it doesn't matter where he's ranked between 5th & 8th.

Gavsy Van Gaverson

Decent match between Nadal and Federer last night, Nadal won 5-7, 6-4, 6-3. Best I've seen Federer play in a while. Having won last year Federer will now drop to 7th in the Rankings, though as far as seeding at the Slams goes it doesn't matter where he's ranked between 5th & 8th.

I think if Federer were to fall out of the top 8 (and perhaps miss the ATP finals) he'd really start to think about retiring. He can still play excellent tennis but it is now getting harder for him to do it over a sustained period of time.

Maroon Sailor

Every time I see John Isner he seems to be in a marathon match !

His match with Del Potro is heading for the 2nd tie break of the match. 7-6 Del Potro first set

On another note, iv got my first singles match in the Gullane ladder tennis competition. Im cocky so challenged the boy at the top. Play tomorow at half 10. Come on!!!

Rafa won, Murray now down to number 3 and will likely need to play both Rafa and Novak if he wants to defend his US Open title.

I lost my match though 6-2 6-3 :( Was quite windy and i struggled with it. Key moment was at 3-3 2nd set, i had so many chances to break but couldnt take them in a game that had about 8 deuces, then he broke me next game. Ah well next time.

That rafa is finished eh :rofl:

That was as bad a prediction as saying Rafa would win Wimbledon without dropping a set.

Tommy Wiseau

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013_US_Open_%E2%80%93_Men%27s_Singles

Murray, if all goes to plan, would face Djokovic in the semi finals.

His likeliest path would be:

1 - Llodra

2 - Hanescu

3 - Monaco

4 - Almagro

QF - Berdych

SF - Djokovic

F - Nadal

Brutal draw. If he defends that title, he has earned it, that's for sure!

Gavsy Van Gaverson

Brutal draw. If he defends that title, he has earned it, that's for sure!

That does look a bad draw but it is very unusual that it goes to plan like that.

Murray will still be confident that he can get to the Quarters without too much trouble. Its then that it gets a lot tougher.

Potentially Djokovic and Del Potro in the Quarters too.

Tommy Wiseau

That does look a bad draw but it is very unusual that it goes to plan like that.

Murray will still be confident that he can get to the Quarters without too much trouble. Its then that it gets a lot tougher.

Potentially Djokovic and Del Potro in the Quarters too.

True, but the majority will be the favourites, I would think. To get a guy like Llodra, who is a very capable player, in the first round is a bit of a dull yin! He'll make it through, no doubt in my mind, but likely it will be a more draining experience than it usually would be.

True, but the majority will be the favourites, I would think. To get a guy like Llodra, who is a very capable player, in the first round is a bit of a dull yin! He'll make it through, no doubt in my mind, but likely it will be a more draining experience than it usually would be.

Llodra is one of those players capable of taking a set off of Murray, but Murray's stamina and endurance usually see off these challenges without too much trouble. I'd hope that theme will get him to the QF, where it could all get rather tasty.

Tommy Wiseau

Yeah but that's my point. You don't want a guy like that first round, putting more miles on your clock - especially when you have a likely path of all players like that, followed by Berdych, Djokovic and Nadal.

First round or two, you want some doss **** who doesn't even know the top 100 exists, let alone trouble it.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

We all said the same about Wimbledon and his route ended up being the easiest he's had.

We all said the same about Wimbledon and his route ended up being the easiest he's had.

It did work in Murray's favour in the end, even if Verdasco took him further than he would have liked.

You wouldn't imagine that anyone would dump Djokovic before the semi though.

It did work in Murray's favour in the end, even if Verdasco took him further than he would have liked.

You wouldn't imagine that anyone would dump Djokovic before the semi though.

Would quite fancy Del Potro to win, in saying that Murray would need to get past Berdych aswell.

Laura Robson[30] V Lourdes Dominguez Lino is 1st match on Court 17 and Dan Evans V Kei Nishikori[11] is 1st match on Court 13.

Arthur Ashe Stadium

Agnieszka Radwanska[3] V Silvia Soler-Espinosa

Kirsten Flipkens[12] V Venus Williams

Ryan Harrison V Rafael Nadal[2]

US OPEN 2013 OPENING CEREMONY

Serena Williams[1] V Francesca Schiavone

Roger Federer[7] V Grega Zemlja

Louis Armstrong Stadium

Olga Govortsova V Na Li[5]

Richard Gasquet[8] V Michael Russell

Mandy Minella V Sloane Stephens[15]

Nick Kyrgios V David Ferrer[4]

Grandstand

Albert Ramos V Bernard Tomic

Fernando Verdasco[27] V Ivan Dodig

Jelena Jankovic[9] V Madison Keys

Lucie Hradecka V Angelique Kerber[8]

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

That nadal is finished eh. Destroyed his body with his strength on the court.

FINISHED

Sergio Garcia

Both Rafa and Ferrer through there first round matches with ease on their side of the draw. With Rafa in the form he is in can't see Roger stopping him in the quarters so it should be an all Spanish semi with Rafa taking it.

A few tricky opponents on the other side of the draw but it'll be Novak and Murray I fancy in that semi. JDP up against Hewitt in 2nd round will be interesting if both get through, Hewitt has beaten him twice this year.

Murray on tonight at midnight.

Pretty stupid that some women will be in the 3rd round before Murray has even played his 1st round match

I P Knightley

Murray on tonight at midnight.

Pretty stupid that some women will be in the 3rd round before Murray has even played his 1st round match

After a long delay for thunderstorms, it's possible that Murray may not even get started until tomorrow.

I've ranted plenty of times about the scheduling of the US Open - this will really make a difference by the time they get to Semis and Finals. Stupid people.

I P Knightley

Any decent streams for the US Open..quite fancy watching Murray tonight.

Ditto request re the streams.

Robson on court at the mo. Took the first set but it seems that she may have injured her wrist.

After a long delay for thunderstorms, it's possible that Murray may not even get started until tomorrow.

I've ranted plenty of times about the scheduling of the US Open - this will really make a difference by the time they get to Semis and Finals. Stupid people.

Nah he is on after Del Potros match which has at least 2 sets to go. Its a joke really, though it can still be scheduled for him to get a day off inbetween each match.

Robson saves 2 set points aswell and now has break point.

Frustrating. Having to watch wummins tennis and Murray perhaps not even playing tonight.

Pure shite.

I'm yawning my bum off already. Chances of making it through the Murray match are getting less and less by the minute. Damn you, NYC weather. And damn you Yank TV bullyboys with your stupid scheduling too.

Frustrating. Having to watch wummins tennis and Murray perhaps not even playing tonight.

Pure shite.

He will be playing

jamboinglasgow

So let me get this straight, to suit US tv, they have moved Murray's first round tie to Wednesday evening, after some second round ties are played. Now its raining he might have to play tomorrow. This could mean he will have to play 7 best of 5 set matches in 11 days Meanwhile all his rivals have played their games and have days rest between them. What a shambles by the organisers.

So let me get this straight, to suit US tv, they have moved Murray's first round tie to Wednesday evening, after some second round ties are played. Now its raining he might have to play tomorrow. This could mean he will have to play 7 best of 5 set matches in 11 days Meanwhile all his rivals have played their games and have days rest between them. What a shambles by the organisers.

Yup. Disgraceful way to treat any player never mind their defending champion.

It's all about spreading out the "big hitters" apparently. Total nonsense.

http://m.scotsman.com/sport/tennis/us-open-andy-murray-faces-midweek-start-1-3062172

im giving up for tonight

It's raining a wee bit on the west side of Manhattan as well, so wouldn't surprise me if they get more rain in about 20 minutes at Flushing.

Ditto request re the streams.

Robson on court at the mo. Took the first set but it seems that she may have injured my wrist.

FTFY.

Speaking of wimmin's tennis, watching Venus Williams getting dinged out by the wee Chinese lass was actually reasonably entertaining. I was shocked.

Archived