US Open Tennis Series

Rudi Skacel

Well I was talking shite. Murray up.

Looks like it could be fun, French boy straight to the net.

• Replies 592
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Chad Sexington

Murray wins with ease. Only caught the last couple of games but he looks in pretty good nick. :)

Just 5 unforced errors in the whole match. That's pretty impressive.

America's made me soft. Getting a bit emotional watching James Blake's retirement speech.

Very few make it right to the top.

Schedule released for tomorow, Murray on 3rd on Armstrong at about 8-9pm.

Still on serve 6-5 3rd set

Quite refreshing to have another British male in the draw after the 1st round to support other than Andy Murray. 5-3 up and now serving for it.

Chaka Demus & pliers

I like what I've heard of this Evans guy. He obviously has talent and is screwing the nut a bit now. He still comes across as extremely laid back though. :lol:

I P Knightley

Quite refreshing to have another British male in the draw after the 1st round to support other than Andy Murray. 5-3 up and now serving for it.

I see that "Evo" made it through. An interesting story how he pulled the finger out and (I say this through gritted teeth) got positive support from the LTA.

Big Bernie Tomic seems like he might go through his career as a bit of an enigma. With all the promise he showed, and the accompanying (Aussie) hype, I was surprised to see that he wasn't a seeded player for this tourney.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

He was saying he hasn't kicked on so far in his career because he loves a bevy :lol: seems a decent down to earth guy

Gavsy Van Gaverson

I like what I've heard of this Evans guy. He obviously has talent and is screwing the nut a bit now. He still comes across as extremely laid back though. :lol:

He's definitely making an effort to screw the nut, but after now winning at least $92,000 he must be dying to go out on the piss tonight :lol:

Chaka Demus & pliers

He's definitely making an effort to screw the nut, but after now winning at least $92,000 he must be dying to go out on the piss tonight :lol:

:lol:

Aye the real test will be to see if he can keep it going.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Quite a good article here on him. Like his 'couldn't give a fcuk' attitude to what Laura Robson had to say.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/tennis/23870110

Think he's maybe pumping her. She was taking the piss out of his tatoos on twitter the other day.

Good read though, the Murray effect is clearly massive on British tennis players - he must be like a god to them and you want to impress him.

:lol:

Aye the real test will be to see if he can keep it going.

Depends what motivates him, if he keeps the head then he can have plenty days on the piss in the future when he is retired. If he is stupid and falls back into his ways then in 10 years time he will need to be like the rest of us and find a job..

Laura Robson on 1st against Li Na on Ashe tomorow. Repeat of the 3rd round last year when Robson won. Should be a good game.

I P Knightley

There's a nice wee story on BBC Sport how Tomic's dad refused to let Bernie practise with Evo last year, telling Evans that he wasn't good enough for Bernie.

In the crazy, top-heavy world of tennis though, it works out that Evans has, in just two matches, earned just under 50% of his total career prize money beforehand.

I P Knightley

Robson's on and seems to be suffering from a lack of support from JKB.

Lost first set 6-2 but the slam tracker tells me she is sitting down with a 3-0 lead in the second set.

Robson's on and seems to be suffering from a lack of support from JKB.

Lost first set 6-2 but the slam tracker tells me she is sitting down with a 3-0 lead in the second set.

Li Na breaks back :(

There's a nice wee story on BBC Sport how Tomic's dad refused to let Bernie practise with Evo last year, telling Evans that he wasn't good enough for Bernie.

In the crazy, top-heavy world of tennis though, it works out that Evans has, in just two matches, earned just under 50% of his total career prize money beforehand.

Tomic's dad is crazy - I'm sure Bernard tried to get the umpire to throw him out of a match once :lol:

Bernard should do what Bartoli does and rise above the 'abusive' father (according to Shaun Libelson), have a few kebabs, win a tournament and retire.

Hopefully Berdych can wrap up this 3rd set so we can get Andy on the court. Currently 2 sets up winning both in a tie break.

Just had a thought, when was the last time Britain (assuming Mr Murray goes through) had 3 players in the 3rd round of a slam in both singles draws?

Chaka Demus & pliers

Bet 365 steam US Open games live as long as you have credit or have placed a bet in last day.

I P Knightley

Who's the British commentator on Sky Sports 3?

H gets my thumbs up for nothing more than saying "Argentinean" rather than the "Argentine" which most use annoyingly when describing people from Argentina.

Leo Mayer has been playing phenomenally well up til now. Nothing much wrong with what Murray's been doing.

I P Knightley

Am I right that Murray's next match will also be against Mayer?

Switch to the red shirt. I prefer that one.

Who's the British commentator on Sky Sports 3?

H gets my thumbs up for nothing more than saying "Argentinean" rather than the "Argentine" which most use annoyingly when describing people from Argentina.

Leo Mayer has been playing phenomenally well up til now. Nothing much wrong with what Murray's been doing.

Mark Petchey, he used to be Murrays coach in 05.

Good set of tennis to watch actually. Just shows the gulf in class between the top players when someone plays out their skin and still cant win the set.

Gavsy Van Gaverson

Murray always tends to struggle a bit on the Armstrong Court.

Not really a surprise that he's lost a set.

Gavsy Van Gaverson

Fantastic returning from Murray in that game to break.

:wow:

Aye, that was quite brilliant.

Murrays opponent is just going for everything, hitting the ball hard and flat...when it goes in it looks great but the errors are starting to show.

4-1 Murray in 4th set and 2-1 up in sets

Harry Palmer

I take it Murray had a word with himself after the 3rd set.

Not watched any of it tbf.

I P Knightley

Mark Petchey, he used to be Murrays coach in 05.

Good set of tennis to watch actually. Just shows the gulf in class between the top players when someone plays out their skin and still cant win the set.

He's just negated any respect for "Argentinean" by calling it the "Lewis" Armstrong court. Back to being a bit of a dick.

Archived