US Open Tennis Series

Rudi Skacel

• Replies 592
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I P Knightley

Ana Ivanovic looking and playing fantastic today!

I'm just looking at the scores on the Slamtracker (another couple of breaks) and beside each player there's a measure of 'positive sentiment'.

Anyone know what that is and how it's arrived at? If it comes from viewers voting with a tick, I'd like to give Ivanovic one.

Finally, a hold. Azarenka taking a lead in set two.

Well well well.

I thought about pausing the screen there to screenshot his miserable face but resisted urge. I'm clearly not that upset for him after all. :biggrin:

755o.jpg

Gavsy Van Gaverson

It's a shame that nobody wants to see multi-hour, 5 set tennis matches, as Youzhny and Hewitt are into a decider.

I've a feeling that Hewitt has blown this now. I hope he proves me wrong though.

Sergio Garcia

After a slow first 2 sets this match between Hewitt and Youzhny has turned into a cracker, swinging back and forth and anybodys game at the minute.

Hewitt bleeding a little after a fall so trainer delaying match now.

I P Knightley

Hewitt was leading 2 sets to 1 and 4-1 in the fourth but has been pegged back to 2 sets all.

Seems these 32-year-olds ain't all that.

Sergio Garcia

Hewitt was leading 2 sets to 1 and 4-1 in the fourth but has been pegged back to 2 sets all.

Seems these 32-year-olds ain't all that.

The 31 year old across the net was pegged back from a break up in the 2nd and in this set as well.

Hewitt 5-2 up now, should hopefully see it out from here.

Broken and back to 5-4 on Youzhny serve.

Hewitt can't get over the line!

Sergio Garcia

Broken and back to 5-4 on Youzhny serve.

Hewitt can't get over the line!

Yep seems that way, reaching his first slam quarter since 09 is weighing on him.

Sergio Garcia

Hewitt has chucked it.

Yep defo, had umpteen chances to take it and never looked like doing so. Shame it would have been good to see him try and give Novak a game. That will hurt Hewitt.

Wont even get to see it. Have to help a mate fix his guttering. :sob:

I once helped someone fix their pipes... :uhoh2:

Break down, break back.

Typical Andy.

I P Knightley

He was making excuses about the windy conditions but I'm sure they can't have been all that much worse than earlier in the day when Djokovic absolutely took Granollers apart.

I hope he finds a bit more consistency about switzerland's best player!

How did it go? I saw the first few games of the first set but then flaked out.

Saw the score, presume he did his third set thing in the first set instead?

And was Djokovic as impressive as that scoreline suggests? Blinkin heck.

How did it go? I saw the first few games of the first set but then flaked out.

Saw the score, presume he did his third set thing in the first set instead?

And was Djokovic as impressive as that scoreline suggests? Blinkin heck.

3 sets to one win for Murray. :2thumbsup:

He won, but he wasn't particularly convincing.

Looked more like the Murray of 2010/2011 than the last two years. The shots were just that little bit further away from the corners and the baseline than they normally are.

He came through it, and still played some amazing shots, but I fear for him in the next three games.

Wawrinka is his bogey man and looks to be in great form, Djokovic looks close to his imperial best, and everyone knows how well Nadal is playing.

He needs to find something more, otherwise it looks like the post-Wimbledon hangover hasn't quite lifted.

He won, but he wasn't particularly convincing.

Looked more like the Murray of 2010/2011 than the last two years. The shots were just that little bit further away from the corners and the baseline than they normally are.

He came through it, and still played some amazing shots, but I fear for him in the next three games.

Wawrinka is his bogey man and looks to be in great form, Djokovic looks close to his imperial best, and everyone knows how well Nadal is playing.

He needs to find something more, otherwise it looks like the post-Wimbledon hangover hasn't quite lifted.

When is his next game ? Tomorrow ?

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

There was a couple of bad line calls he was seething about and that interrupted his game. He can and will lift it for the top players.

However, I just can't see how him or djokovic can come through a match v each other considering how demanding they usually are, and then beat the glorious rafa who is on a mission.

The death of tennis continues with another tortuous 5-set match looming - Ferrer is on the verge of pulling level from 2-0 down against Gasquet.

Sergio Garcia

Gasquet loves chucking a 2 set lead at this stage in the slams :lol:

Was thinking that myself, he must have a terrible record of doing it.

Gavsy Van Gaverson

Was thinking that myself, he must have a terrible record of doing it.

Did they not say earlier on that he has lost from 2 sets up 5 times?

The record is 6 held by a few unfortunate others. Not a group he'd be wanting to join.

Sergio Garcia

Did they not say earlier on that he has lost from 2 sets up 5 times?

The record is 6 held by a few unfortunate others. Not a group he'd be wanting to join.

I have the American commentary on via the red button so might have mentioned it on normal commentary.

I P Knightley

USopen.org has an "instant highlight" from the second set where Gasquet puts so much backspin on a drop shot it hits the tape trying to get back to his own side of the net. Worth a watch.

Gasquet's one of my favourite players from the last few years; hope he comes through this one.

Captain Sausage

Thought Gasquet played some wonderful tennis in the first two sets, Ferrer poor.

Thought the game was over at 2-2 but shows what I know! Some 'lucky' shots at key moments for the Frenchman but deserved nonetheless.

Sergio Garcia

Fair play to Gasquet some of his tennis in the 5th was outstanding, thought he was going to do his usual and chuck it as Ferrer wore him down.

Archived