Breaking Bad - Final episodes (warning: spoilers)

jack D and coke

Walt, fed up of with his job and not being able to walk without a stick, at the last minute leaves them to be for a cut. Walt gets stabbed & shot in the leg saving Walt Jr. Saul also gets killed though he rats on Walt & Jessie. How do you do a spoiler alert thing on here?

• Replies 654
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You think? I actually have got well into it now... season 7 was a bit naff but likeing how its panning out now... am nearly on the new season now

Chad Sexington

Cant see Walt surviving. He surely has to get his comeuppance. Have a feeling Jesse will survive.

If Walt's gimpy laddie catches a stray bullet in the face, that would be a Brucie bonus.

It's all a side effect of the chemo. He'll snap out of a day dream and find himself at the breakfast table, and he'll eat some facon. Wander in to the bathroom, try for a shit. Fail. And then he'll slit his wrists. The other 7 episodes will just be a montage of Jenny Powell's best bits from Wheel of Fortune.

The People's Chimp

It's all a side effect of the chemo. He'll snap out of a day dream and find himself at the breakfast table, and he'll eat some facon. Wander in to the bathroom, try for a shit. Fail. And then he'll slit his wrists. The other 7 episodes will just be a montage of Jenny Powell's best bits from Wheel of Fortune.

:pinilla:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-23531817?SThisFB

I met a traveller from an antique land

Who said: "Two vast and trunkless legs of stone

Stand in the desert. Near them on the sand,

Half sunk, a shattered visage lies, whose frown

And wrinkled lip and sneer of cold command

Tell that its sculptor well those passions read

Which yet survive, stamped on these lifeless things,

The hand that mocked them and the heart that fed.

And on the pedestal these words appear:

`My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:

Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!'

Nothing beside remains. Round the decay

Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,

The lone and level sands stretch far away"

Fairly big hint in that i'd say.

If this video doesn't get you excited about the upcoming few episodes I don't know what will!

Since the thread is already full of wild speculation I predict that Jesse is going to kill Walt (who will already have done away with Hank :44:) but being Breaking Bad it wouldn't surprise me if Walter ends up walking into the sunset as the biggest anti hero of all time, everyone else either dead, arrested or just generally devastated. As much as I admired the ambiguous ending to the Sopranos I want a clear ending to BB, one way or another (my personal dream scenario is that everyone dies apart from Jesse, Saul and Hank!).

jack D and coke

I'm really going to be gutted when its over but I believe they're concluding the story at just the right time. They could've no doubt dragged it out for a couple more series but maybe ruined it a bit. It's taken me by surprise right through the entire show so I just hope it goes out with a proper bang. I'm not sure what I want to happen tbh. I think Walt deserves his cumuppence but I'd also like to see him go out on top. Either way I hope gimpy Walt jnr gets caught in the crossfire as does his po faced missus Skyler! Bring it Walt!

If this video doesn't get you excited about the upcoming few episodes I don't know what will!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5oy5EzFtTk

Since the thread is already full of wild speculation I predict that Jesse is going to kill Walt (who will already have done away with Hank :44:) but being Breaking Bad it wouldn't surprise me if Walter ends up walking into the sunset as the biggest anti hero of all time, everyone else either dead, arrested or just generally devastated. As much as I admired the ambiguous ending to the Sopranos I want a clear ending to BB, one way or another (my personal dream scenario is that everyone dies apart from Jesse, Saul and Hank!).

Cheers for that!

**** the festival i might just lock myself in my house for the next week and watch every episode, till the new ones air!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5oy5EzFtTk

I totally disagree with you that the ending of Sopranos was ambiguous.

rossthejambo

I totally disagree with you that the ending of Sopranos was ambiguous.

I've seen it so I'm not too bothered but think that should have spoilers in it

rossthejambo

Ross, I don't even know how to put something in spoiler tags. I removed the offending line though.

:lol: good to see the admins are up to speed with the workings of the board.

I agree with you though, Sopranos ending wasn't ambiguous.

:lol: good to see the admins are up to speed with the workings of the board.

I agree with you though, Sopranos ending wasn't ambiguous.

I'm pretty useless at the technical aspects of this website tbh.

How do I use spoiler tags for next time?

rossthejambo

I'm pretty useless at the technical aspects of this website tbh.

How do I use spoiler tags for next time?

[ spoiler ] [ /spoiler ]

Without the spaces

Kalamazoo Jambo

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-23531817?SThisFB

I met a traveller from an antique land

Who said: "Two vast and trunkless legs of stone

Stand in the desert. Near them on the sand,

Half sunk, a shattered visage lies, whose frown

And wrinkled lip and sneer of cold command

Tell that its sculptor well those passions read

Which yet survive, stamped on these lifeless things,

The hand that mocked them and the heart that fed.

And on the pedestal these words appear:

`My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:

Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!'

Nothing beside remains. Round the decay

Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,

The lone and level sands stretch far away"

Fairly big hint in that i'd say.

Brilliant stuff. Can't wait for the 11th.

I've seen it so I'm not too bothered but think that should have spoilers in it

Yeah sorry, with hind sight I should have used spoilers, will note for future! Without wanting to hijack the thread which I'm sure will refocus when the BB episodes air, I've put a little bit of Sopranos opinion in the spoiler below, don't read it if you haven't watched it or care about it in a BB thread. (I promise this will be last Sopranos comment)

I think it was ambiguous as I have three friends with different interpretations on what the ending meant who won't be persuaded their view is wrong - Tony was shot, Tony will inevitably be hit but the ending is representative of the fact that he is living with constant paranoia and fear waiting for that moment, Tony wasn't shot but is having a panic or heart attack brought on by the stress of past (which I think is too obscure myself). I think either of the first two interpretations are legit (and have been argued about in depth elsewhere on the internet) but the very fact the argument exists made the final ambiguous (but brilliant).

Yeah sorry, with hind sight I should have used spoilers, will note for future! Without wanting to hijack the thread which I'm sure will refocus when the BB episodes air, I've put a little bit of Sopranos opinion in the spoiler below, don't read it if you haven't watched it or care about it in a BB thread. (I promise this will be last Sopranos comment)

I think it was ambiguous as I have three friends with different interpretations on what the ending meant who won't be persuaded their view is wrong - Tony was shot, Tony will inevitably be hit but the ending is representative of the fact that he is living with constant paranoia and fear waiting for that moment, Tony wasn't shot but is having a panic or heart attack brought on by the stress of past (which I think is too obscure myself). I think either of the first two interpretations are legit (and have been argued about in depth elsewhere on the internet) but the very fact the argument exists made the final ambiguous (but brilliant).

Maybe your friends just didn't understand the ending or didn't want Tony to die? Both are understandable. David Chase said that all the clues are there and they are if you watch closely. It's all about the guy who walks in at the same time as AJ. The camera shows all of the other incidental diners paying no attention to the Sopranos apart from him. He stares at Tony throughout and looks nervous. The camera then makes a point of panning to the right as he walks to the bathroom, thus showing how Tony is going to be killed. As Meadow walks in, the door chime rings and it all turns black, just as Bobby said it would when they were fishing. Tony never saw Meadow enter the diner as he was dead. It's an obvious reference to the Godfather as well. It is pretty clear what they intended IMO.

jack D and coke

Don't know if its up on UK Netflix yet but I've downloaded it from iseries. Haven't watched it yet though.

Don't know if its up on UK Netflix yet but I've downloaded it from iseries. Haven't watched it yet though.

if its episode 9 yeah it's up just checked the Netflix app on my phone.

jack D and coke
Can't wait to get this watched tonight.

I've watched the first ten mins at work and I'm choking to watch the rest now. My initial thoughts were right Walt is on the run.

I'm actually off all week but I have to get shot of the bursds nana who has been staying with us this weekend before we can watch it!

The People's Chimp

I've watched the first ten mins at work and I'm choking to watch the rest now. My initial thoughts were right Walt is on the run.

Please use spoiler tags. It's not a big deal, but would rather not have had that little bit of info tbh.

jack D and coke

Please use spoiler tags. It's not a big deal, but would rather not have had that little bit of info tbh.

Sorry man. I wouldn't say anymore than that I thought most people would've assumed that anyway with the bedraggled look of Walt at the start of series 5. I said as much at the time. I'm not sure how to use the spoiler tags either but I won't do it again.

The People's Chimp

The tags are really easy - in fact the instructions are just a few posts up in this thread! :lol:

That was awesome.

:wow:

Stayed up till 3:15am waiting on my sabnzbd grabbing it so I could watch right away, wasn't disappointed!

The writers on this show should be studied and revered as much as Shakespeare. They made us wait so long and yet they absolutely delivered.

What an episode and the ending. Mondays are gonna be great for the next wee while. I'm going to miss this show when it ends.

How many times are they going to do the 'Jesse is moping/Walt tries to cheer him up' scene? Must be about the tenth time.

jack D and coke
How many times are they going to do the 'Jesse is moping/Walt tries to cheer him up' scene? Must be about the tenth time.

It's more about the fact Jesse knows how bad Walt is but can't prove it. I don't think it's a tired storyline tbh, nobody can nail Walt....yet.

jack D and coke
I'm gonna start watching this soon. See what all the fuss is about

Series one is the slowest. Starts off great then gets a bit a slog in the middle when they focus on Walt's cancer then the last couple of episodes before series 2 get it back on track. I think some people expect it to be like a movie and have it all crammed into 90 minutes. Some episodes aren't as good as others but its the best TV show I've watched for years and years. I can't think of anything off the top of my head that even comes close. The amount of times that I have been taken by surprise with the story is what really blew me away. Quite shocking at times too. I think if you give it the time it needs you'll be hooked and watching 2 or 3 episodes every night to catch up. It's superb I can't recommend it enough.

Archived