HMFC Illustration in the works

Gregorski

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Fxxx the SPFL

Lol! A wee bit longer than that mate. it's just going to the printers tonight and then i'll be picking it up at the end of the week when I get back to the UK.

Getting there though. Getting closer. :thumbsup:

Definition of the word FEW

few [fju?]

determiner

a. a small number of; hardly any few men are so cruel

b. (as pronoun; functioning as plural) many are called but few are chosen

2. (preceded by a)

a. a small number of a few drinks

b. (as pronoun; functioning as plural) a few of you

a good few Informal several

a. at great intervals; widely spaced

b. not abundant; scarce

have a few (too many) to consume several (or too many) alcoholic drinks

not or quite a few Informal several

n

the few a small number of people considered as a class the few who fell at Thermopylae Compare many [4]

[Old English f?awa; related to Old High German fao little, Old Norse f?r little, silent]

fewness n

Usage: See at less

As far as I am concerned Gregor a few sleeps means well a few

TheMaganator

Happy to oblige sir! :)

It looks fantastic!

If you get a chance can you put good images of it on your website? Just so we can have a good gander at it!

TheMaganator

Happy to oblige sir! :)

It looks fantastic!

If you get a chance can you put good images of it on your website? Just so we can have a good gander at it!

john brownlee

brill gregor..as I live abroad and unable to get one could you post the individual letters like you did earlier....I love your detail....

Screenshot2013-08-03at70222PM.png

Done.

Screenshot2013-08-05at95259PM.png

Ignore the thin line down the left. I just made an @rse of making a screenshot. :)

It looks fantastic Gregor, well done! Can't wait to see it close up. Now I just need to think of where I can hang it without getting too much grief from my wife!

It looks fantastic Gregor, well done! Can't wait to see it close up. Now I just need to think of where I can hang it without getting too much grief from my wife!

THIS!

Sierra Delta

Would it be possible to get a high-res version of it for a desktop wallpaper?

Chaka Demus & pliers

Would it be possible to get a high-res version of it for a desktop wallpaper?

Would that not mean that folk could go and get these made themselves on the sly?

Would that not mean that folk could go and get these made themselves on the sly?

Yes. But they wont be numbered and autographed. But aye, don't do it!

Spot on mate.

And there's also a chance that they wouldn't stop at one copy and end up flooding eBay with knock off versions. Unfortunately it's pretty common.

I know that 99% of folks wouldn't go in for such shady stuff but it only takes one to mess it up for the rest.

It would be a right boot in the goolies for anyone that's contributed to the print so far.

What I will do is try and post some details of the ilustration and not the whole version.

I'll see if I have time today.

speaking on behalf of all the wives of the mighty HMFC, its a real thing of beauty, a thing to be viewed by all who enter our household,show it with pride,

pick your spot son,

gotta go , she ll be hame soon, good luck all

Gregor

I can get to diggers after the game if you are still going to be there for pickups

Jim

Cheers Jim. I'm not sure that we're going to do the pick up idea from the Diggers anymore. I think the general idea is that it Is a disaster waiting to happen.

I'd have to find somewhere willing to hold them for me during the game also. I doubt I'd get past the stewards with a pile of postal tubes. :lol:

I don't know. I'll have a think. I'd still be willing to do it if enough people are up for collecting them that way.

Just got back to UK today, jet lag and all.

Picking up prints tomorrow. :thumbsup:

Gregor

Your probably right I would have to go straight home after receiving it rather than staying out to savour the humbling of the wee team.

Jim

kingantti1874

Superb stuff... Mine is going in my sons room.. He's only 6 months, can't wait to explain it to him

8 signed, 242 to go...

:sob:

You've done an amazing & iconic image that will be up there with Julie Ramsey's print.

Thanks for all the effort.

Can't wait to get mine framed & put up on my wee lads wall.

You've done an amazing & iconic image that will be up there with Julie Ramsey's print.

Thanks for all the effort.

Can't wait to get mine framed & put up on my wee lads wall.

This ^^^ plus enjoy the game tomorrow bud!!

When I stop celebrating the derby and get to signing them all. :lol:

Tomorrow and Tuesday. :thumbsup:

Fxxx the SPFL

Hi Gregor, i stated in my earlier posts quite happy to pick up from you in West Calder just name a time and place and will nip out and collect.

Hi Gregor, i stated in my earlier posts quite happy to pick up from you in West Calder just name a time and place and will nip out and collect.

No problem.

I'm down in Dedridge just packaging them just now. Got a few few people collecting for my house tonight so can't leave but you're happy to pop down if you can manage.

Otherwise I can nip up to West Calder tomorrow.

I'll PM you my address.

If anybody is in the Livi area and wants to collect their prints tonight they're more than welcome.

Just email me at [email protected] and I'll give you my address.

Let me know you're full name also so I can tick you off the list.

The rest will be in the mail 2mo.

Cheers! FTH

Hi. I sent a PM. Can collect tonight if that's okay. PM me your address.

Cheers

Replied. :thumbsup:

If anybody is in the Livi area and wants to collect their prints tonight they're more than welcome.

Just email me at [email protected] and I'll give you my address.

Let me know you're full name also so I can tick you off the list.

The rest will be in the mail 2mo.

Cheers! FTH

cannae wait, well done Gregor :2thumbsup:

Jambo-Dave68

The finished product is fantastic. I have framed it already now just looking for an empty space on the wall to hang it. Fantastic job and congratulations on a great job and for raising so much money. Will look good if it can be printed on mugs etc.

The finished product is fantastic. I have framed it already now just looking for an empty space on the wall to hang it. Fantastic job and congratulations on a great job and for raising so much money. Will look good if it can be printed on mugs etc.

That's great Dave!

Could you send me a photo so I can put it up on my website?

Good to meet you in person before btw.

Uplifted no. 250/250 tonight, and well worth the wait. Looks superb, can't believe you have organised this from over the pond, massive credit due. Still think there's a job on the official programme for you once we get our house in order. Also looks superb under a very dim light, where all you can make out is H E A R T S. Tremendous, the other 249 people are in for a treat. Thanks again mate.

Jambo-Dave68

Hi Gregor

Just sent a photo. Not too good but will try and get a better one on my camera tomorrow night once it is charged up.

Was good to meet you as well.

BoswallJambo

Any left? Id like one as well. Just started on JKB so apologies if Ive missed the boat on this one.

Seeing McRae of Gorgie (framers) on the list for ?560 owed to them by HMFC I'd suggest using them for this if you are Edinburgh based.

Just a reminder this business will likely be ?500 out of pocket as a consequence of our admin.

Hawick Jambo

Superb quality. Well done Gregor. Brilliant work. Anyone any ideas what size frame we are talking about that would best suit?

Are they getting posted out?

Trying to get that done today.

Everything is packaged and labeled.

Will post updates.

Superb quality. Well done Gregor. Brilliant work. Anyone any ideas what size frame we are talking about that would best suit?

You could most likely get a standard size A2 frame from most places or you could get it custom framed with a Matt frame.

McCrae of Gorgie is the place to go I hear.

Trying to get that done today.

Everything is packaged and labeled.

Will post updates.

A lot of work mate.

You deserve a medal.

Thanks.

Update time:

Went out to the post office today, bought all the stamps that I could and was able to mail out all the prints apart from thirty.

That's not including the US and Canada ones that I'm bringing home with me to mail from New Jersey.

I've to go back tomorrow to mail the rest as they didn't have enough stamps. I bought all 480 quids worth.

I then went round to the Livingston sorting office to mail them all which resulting in the staff there having a bloody fit when they saw the amount I was posting through the mailbox. Apparently there is a special designated area for "bulk loads". Oh well. Nobody told me.

I'll be mailing the rest tomorrow before lunch.

Jambo Spartan

Picked up mine tonight and absolute class. Gregor you have a great talent and I am sure everyone would agree on here what a great job you have done and all of your time spent doing all of this for the club we all love.

Frame shopping tomorrow so the masterpiece can be hung!!

Archived