HMFC Illustration in the works

Gregorski

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Could you sign and number them near (or within) the main artwork for people who will cut off the border when framing?

That's the thing. Generally, the tradition is to sign a print close to the edge. It might look weird if it's too close to the centre.

I'd be happy to do so though if people request it individually.

Quick recap. Most of the flat colour added. Now it's a matter of adding shadows and tones(like I've done with parts of the "H"), add a few more objects, especially in the "E"

and tidy up the lines. Still a bit to do but on target for this weekend.

Screenshot2013-07-07at70803PM.png

Screenshot2013-07-16at93843PM.png

Screenshot2013-07-27at104134PM.png

Screenshot2013-07-31at120844AM.png

Screenshot2013-07-29at111448PM.png

Aye, still not managed to fix Gary Mackay. Do that 2mo.

Screenshot2013-07-31at120229AM.png

The final version will be set out like this with a white background...

Screenshot2013-07-29at114022PM.png

Payday! Money coming your way gregorski!

Also, that would look really cool on mugs and stuff - has that been mooted?

Maroon Sailor

Gregor are you going to put white for the umbro diamonds on young Robbo's shirt in the 'R' ?

It will look better

Payday! Money coming your way gregorski!

Also, that would look really cool on mugs and stuff - has that been mooted?

A giants mug?

:lol:

With the wonders of modern technology, images can be, get this, reduced in size!

Mental eh!

Pants Shaton

With the wonders of modern technology, images can be, get this, reduced in size!

Mental eh!

A set of 6 - one with each letter.

Ideal Christmas present for the lady in your life.

That would be cracking!

Seeing McRae of Gorgie (framers) on the list for ?560 owed to them by HMFC I'd suggest using them for this if you are Edinburgh based.

This really is looking great, can't wait for mine to arrive. :2thumbsup:

Getting it framed at McCrae's on Gorgie Rd is a good shout.

Tried to pm you Gregor, you need to do some housekeeping, as you know I've bought one already but I see Robbo's top as saying STRC not STRO, it might be my old eyes though :-)

Just looking over the content again, looks great. A real shame that Pressley doesn't feature IMO, I know some others will disagree.

And I have a feeling that Hearts will still very much be in need of our fundraising efforts come Christmas so this idea works I think.

I'm still keen on jigsaw puzzles for the bairns too. :thumbsup:

Tried to pm you Gregor, you need to do some housekeeping, as you know I've bought one already but I see Robbo's top as saying STRC not STRO, it might be my old eyes though :-)

Housekeeping, aye. One of the many things I have to get round too.

I get what you mean about his shirt but it's actually a fold in the material so you don't see the whole letter "o". It'll be more obvious when I add the shading and tones.

Can't see the "big flag" anywhere, too late to be added somewhere?

Big flag, yeah. I knew I'd missed one of them. Did we ever get a pic of it for a reference? If I manage to shoehorn it in then it's not going to be so big though.

Just looking over the content again, looks great. A real shame that Pressley doesn't feature IMO, I know some others will disagree.

I'll throw in an Elvis wig and a pair of shades when I get home tonight.

Sorted! :thumbsup:

Housekeeping, aye. One of the many things I have to get round too.

I get what you mean about his shirt but it's actually a fold in the material so you don't see the whole letter "o". It'll be more obvious when I add the shading and tones.

Gotcha.

As for the jigsaw idea you could make it one of those cube jigsaws, if you know what I mean.

:muggy:

Big flag, yeah. I knew I'd missed one of them. Did we ever get a pic of it for a reference? If I manage to shoehorn it in then it's not going to be so big though.

BloodDoesntShow.jpg

Pants Shaton

KNKEY117-large.jpg

The 21 key was made of tinfoil, looked a bit like this, and (IIRC) the 21 was at the end.

On another point, I'd agree that Pressley lifting the cup should feature - he captained us to one of our 8 Scottish Cup wins and played a big role in 05/06 season as well as our achievements under Levein. I don't want this to become a Pressley thread but it's true.

The big key at the Foster Derby was a 21st key btw.

Yeah, I know. I used some artistic license to make it "22".

But, I can change it back to 21. Not fussed.

Pants Shaton

Yeah, I know. I used some artistic license to make it "22".

But, I can change it back to 21. Not fussed.

21 is better - it's an iconic image.

I think 21 too and I'm sure it was tinfoil on cardboard on that great day.

Agreed.

But Prhessley can suck my fecking balls.

The only picture involving that snake should be his banner in flames.

I'd like Pressley in it too, very decent guy, I believe he regrets what he did, I know I do, took my son home bits after that game.

Prhessley's a far too divisive character for something like this (that should appeal to everyone).

Prhessley's a far too divisive character for something like this (that should appeal to everyone).

Double post.

Either that or I offer to swap Willie Bauld for him.

:troll:

Pants Shaton

As I said, I don't want to make this a Pressley debate but in a decade no one will remember the chest thump but history will show him to have been a top captain, trophy winner and (I think I'm right in saying) our most capped player.

I will say no more on the matter!

I agree it's too divisive. My post was more lamenting his absence than advocating his inclusion.

As I said, I don't want to make this a Pressley debate but in a decade no one will remember the chest thump but history will show him to have been a top captain, trophy winner and (I think I'm right in saying) our most capped player.

I will say no more on the matter!

It might have helped if you'd said anything at all on the matter before I pretty much filled up all the space.

:sob:

:lol:

Although the unbeaten run was 22. Surely that worth reminding about, permanently?

I think 21 too and I'm sure it was tinfoil on cardboard on that great day.

Gregorski have you any left?

This whole fuss around Pressley is quite irksome to me. Bearing in mind how he gave everything for the club and the only thing that ever grated on me about him was his faux salute when he went to Celtic. I still remember after the Holland game when we got routed and he had to come off because his jaw was knackered and couldn't header it. Still wanted to play though. Arguably the finest skipper we have had in the last twenty years.

If the shots of them lifting the cup with Glidden, Locke, Pressley and Big Zal were emblazoned on it, I would be fair away with it. But it's your brainchild mate and it's looking cracking.

Can't really see why Pressley shouldn't be on it personally he did a fantastic job under difficult circumstances,always a cup final legend in my eyes. Time to let things go I think.

Gregorski have you any left?

This whole fuss around Pressley is quite irksome to me. Bearing in mind how he gave everything for the club and the only thing that ever grated on me about him was his faux salute when he went to Celtic. I still remember after the Holland game when we got routed and he had to come off because his jaw was knackered and couldn't header it. Still wanted to play though. Arguably the finest skipper we have had in the last twenty years.

If the shots of them lifting the cup with Glidden, Locke, Pressley and Big Zal were emblazoned on it, I would be fair away with it. But it's your brainchild mate and it's looking cracking.

Yeah, there's a lot that I've not been able to add that I would have liked to. The fact that I only got two keepers, Gordon and Banks was a a shame also as being a child of the eighties, Henry was a big hero.

It has just came down to how much space and time I had to work with in the end.I'm sure I'll do other Hearts related projects in the future though as this has been great fun to do.

Pre order link here...

Is there room for the Veni Vidi Vici flag? It seems quite appropriate, lots of meanings as well as the obvious.

I vote Pressley IN. El Capitano on one of the three occasions Hearts have lifted a trophy in my lifetime. Feck me, we (almost) ALL hate Vlad now do we not? Elvis just got there a bit sooner! Didn't like what he did but well I guess I must be a grown up. because I couldn't give a shit now (or the day after it happened).

Theme From Sparta F.C.

Just ordered and paid. What an amazing piece of artwork. SUPERB.... :heart:

Archived