HMFC Illustration in the works

Gregorski

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not many spaces left, but could i suggest again a wee silvery moon, for this song:

By the light, (6 claps)

of the silvery moon (6 claps)

We're the talk of the toun (6 claps)

We're the boys in maro-o-n.

Words from:

http://www.zinescene.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/songbook.htm

Sort of thing that isn't self evident to non supporters, but adds all the more for those who do know what it means! Doesn't need to be big. Guess it would need to be a crescent so people would know it wasn't just a silver disc?

Hi Mate, trying to put my order through but having a 'mare as it's not accepting email address - can I send you a cheque or pay by cash - let me know either way..

Not accepting your email address? that's wierd. don't suppose you have paypal? You could send it directly to that if you can. I'll PM you.

What's your colleague thinking of that, then? :lol:

I passed him my iPad the other day with this thread up and he just sat there scrolling through it in disbelief.

Owned! :lol:

Hi Gregorski,

Good work m8, just ordered from link - was on the original list requesting one so you can tick off.

Address details will be shown on Paypal - any issues let me know

Next steps - Quality frame to do it justice, anyone got a good place for a frame yet for this, if not what size should we look out for?

Hi Gregorski,

Good work m8, just ordered from link - was on the original list requesting one so you can tick off.

Address details will be shown on Paypal - any issues let me know

Next steps - Quality frame to do it justice, anyone got a good place for a frame yet for this, if not what size should we look out for?

Thanks mate.

I'm going to try and come to a decision either way on the final dimensions tonight. I'll let you all know.

Thanks mate.

I'm going to try and come to a decision either way on the final dimensions tonight. I'll let you all know.

Might be worth checking what "standard" sizes the type/weight of paper you want comes in, as I'd imagine it would add considerably to your costs if the paper needs cut to size.

Might be worth checking what "standard" sizes the type/weight of paper you want comes in, as I'd imagine it would add considerably to your costs if the paper needs cut to size.

That's what I'm thinking. I'll to email our man and get his thoughts.

G

Thanks Gregorski, must say you have loads of other cool things on your site too.

Look forward to the finished article like everyone else :)

stuarty1874

Payment made mate. Look forward to drooling over this for many happy years to come. Now, where's that Bayern link...

Gregorski, i've tried to PM you but inbox unsurprisingly full. Any left if i can transfer funds on Wednesday?

Cheers

Bought one and might have bought another but couldn't, not even told the misses yet, she said that Hearts are 'just a football team', she's seen us win two cup finals too so that comment was a sore one to take, obviously, doesn't connect with the club and ourselves.

If she knew what I've been sneaking away to the Famous I'd be getting divorced, might do yet.

Anyone have similar issues ?

Bought one and might have bought another but couldn't, not even told the misses yet, she said that Hearts are 'just a football team', she's seen us win two cup finals too so that comment was a sore one to take, obviously, doesn't connect with the club and ourselves.

If she knew what I've been sneaking away to the Famous I'd be getting divorced, might do yet.

SNN1833B_471637a.jpg

Wow. Maybe I shouldn't come back to sign these after all. I'll end up with a load of angry wives waiting at the airport to batter hell out me :sad:

Won't accept PayPal or Debit card. Am I too late to purchase? Is it sold out?

That's strange. That's how most have paid as well. Let me look into it.

Gregorski, i've tried to PM you but inbox unsurprisingly full. Any left if i can transfer funds on Wednesday?

Cheers

So far so good. 42 left and things have slowed down slightly today.

There's a few in your boat so I'm trying to keep an eye on it.

Wow. Maybe I shouldn't come back to sign these after all. I'll end up with a load of angry wives waiting at the airport to batter hell out me :(

Don't worry Gregor you will/might be safe, I won't tell mine you are coming over :-)

What flight are you on again ? :cheesy:

That's strange. That's how most have paid as well. Let me look into it.

Tried loads of times now. It keeps saying.. Oh dear, there was a problem adding your credit card.

I can see there are few left. Hope I don't miss out. Will try again in morning.

Tried loads of times now. It keeps saying.. Oh dear, there was a problem adding your credit card.

I can see there are few left. Hope I don't miss out. Will try again in morning.

Try again and if it doesn't work, email me and I'll arrange for you to just paypal it directly. My email is on my website. Link below.

And here's an idea for how the the final artwork would be set out. I was thinking that there was going to be too much blank space like this but now I've created this mock up, I think it works quite well with all the negative space. It would give the letters room to breathe I think.

The "Est. 1874" would just be typed out how it is here.

Screenshot2013-07-29at114022PM.png

Also, as Gasman has pointed out, it would probably raise the costs to have the paper trimmed. Another thing to take into account is that if the paper was cut to a custom size then it's going to be a lot more expensive when it comes to framing it.

Anyway, just my thoughts.

Can I just go onto the site and order one or will I need to have had my name down earlier? Looks great btw

Carl Spackler

And here's an idea for how the the final artwork would be set out. I was thinking that there was going to be too much blank space like this but now I've created this mock up, I think it works quite well with all the negative space. It would give the letters room to breathe I think.

Also, as Gasman has pointed out, it would probably raise the costs to have the paper trimmed. Another thing to take into account is that if the paper was cut to a custom size then it's going to be a lot more expensive when it comes to framing it.

Gregorski, tbh the white space doesn't do much for me but I understand trimming would up the labour and cost.

However would printing two to a sheet and cutting it in half not dramatically reduce the cost? If the space is white anyway then framing one way or the other probably doesn't make any difference, a custom frame probably better in my opinion but a standard frame would just need an inset?

Just a thought. It'll look great whichever way.

it leaves room for players autographs, :thumbsup: maybe we could get the players to do this, then an auction/raffle :2thumbsup:

fabienleclerq

Hi gregorski I ordered earlier on but have lost my bank card but it should arrive soon, will pay then if that's ok? Don't sell mine!

Looks great btw.

it leaves room for players autographs, :thumbsup: maybe we could get the players to do this, then an auction/raffle :2thumbsup:

Very good point actually. Never thought of that.

Any other opinions from those who have bought? This will determine the final product so pyoor dead important and aw' that.

Any idea when these will be ready/posted out gregor?

Final artwork going to the printers this weekend. :thumbsup:

Gregorski, tbh the white space doesn't do much for me but I understand trimming would up the labour and cost.

However would printing two to a sheet and cutting it in half not dramatically reduce the cost? If the space is white anyway then framing one way or the other probably doesn't make any difference, a custom frame probably better in my opinion but a standard frame would just need an inset?

Just a thought. It'll look great whichever way.

Thanks for the feedback. I'm going to try and get the advice of the printer.

Kalamazoo Jambo

I think it looks fine the way you're suggesting. I'd be happy to get a custom frame, but a lot of people will be on budgets that wouldn't easily allow for this so I think a 'standard' size would be best.

I think it looks fine the way you're suggesting. I'd be happy to get a custom frame, but a lot of people will be on budgets that wouldn't easily allow for this so I think a 'standard' size would be best.

Thanks, I agree. I think the practical, cost effective way is the best way to go forward.

Pants Shaton

Could you sign and number them near (or within) the main artwork for people who will cut off the border when framing?

Hawick Jambo

Looks stunning. Can't wait to see the final product hanging on my wall and the other one framed and ready to give to someone, probably my Dad as a present. What an awesome present !

stuarty1874

Looks great with the white, ideally a standard ikea frame size would be most cost effective to frame.

Carl Spackler

Thanks for the feedback. I'm going to try and get the advice of the printer.

Autographs point was a good one from Jamboozy. Not incompatible with an inset of course but then it would need framed before signing which is a big hurdle if several were to be singed at once. Unless you are making a really good saving on media costs you're probably best going with the standard sheet size I'd say. Looking forward to seeing it.

Fxxx the SPFL

Added flat color to "T". Looks a little dark around the left hand corner but that's change after I add tones and shadows.

Screenshot2013-07-29at111448PM.png

Check updates from start to present here... http://www.gregorlou...c-illustration/

looking even better if that's possible. I paid by credit card hopefully you have my payment details. I was advised to do it this way just in case your company goes into administartion :cheesy:

looking even better if that's possible. I paid by credit card hopefully you have my payment details. I was advised to do it this way just in case your company goes into administartion :cheesy:

We could maybe do a fundraiser for the fundraiser! :sob:

:lol:

Archived