The all new "seethe" thread

cosanostra

12 hours ago, 3fingersreid said:

Slipped on ice on Friday coming out my front door , my ribs had a coming together with the metal railings at the steps resulting in either badly bruised ribs or something a bit more . Can’t sneeze , laugh or cough without excruciating pain . 😡
Should’ve listened to my wife when she asked me months ago to level the bloody step off to stop it creating a wee puddle . 

One of the biggest causes of a colles fracture (broken wrist) falling on ice😧.

• Replies 20.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Morgan

• Harry Potter

• iantjambo

• IronJambo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 08/01/2021 at 20:38, chubby1973 said:

Strangely enough both. And the laces. 😂

However, I've ordered a coat from blacks and they use hermes. So christ knows over how many weeks that'll be delivered to my greenhouse that I don't have🙄

Coat turned up today at back of 1. Got an email 45 mind ago to say they would be delivering it between 1pm and 5pm today. 🤦🏼‍♂️

On 10/01/2021 at 20:37, obua said:

They will be back tonight for the other one.🤣

Good news!

not only was the other one not pinched. Found the others 

Someone taken them down the wee quiet path and dumped them all

On 10/01/2021 at 20:37, obua said:

They will be back tonight for the other one.🤣

Good news!

not only was the other one not pinched. Found the others 

Someone taken them down the wee quiet path and dumped them all

manaliveits105

That go compare guy was bad enough before but now he is promoting himself in real life as well in the advert :vrface:

he is just an annoying cock 

Edited by manaliveits105

45 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

That go compare guy was bad enough before but now he is promoting himself in real life as well in the advert :vrface:

he is just an annoying cock 

aye, guid singer though😏

STV continuity announcers. Yeah, let us know it's the news coming up next, but please refrain from telling us as if you are auditioning for a part in a Shakespeare feckin tragedy.

Houses with Xmas decorations still up on the 14th january

:bolt:

*yes, I know that people that work in the military or offshore sometimes have to be apart over actual xmas and have it either earlier or later than the day itself but these people have had their decorations up pretty much since the 1st week of december

15 hours ago, Cade said:

Houses with Xmas decorations still up on the 14th january

:bolt:

*yes, I know that people that work in the military or offshore sometimes have to be apart over actual xmas and have it either earlier or later than the day itself but these people have had their decorations up pretty much since the 1st week of december

Just realised we still have our wreath up.  Haven't really been out much this year, so totally forgot about it :lol: 

Konrad von Carstein

Royal Mail... **** useless, posted an Xmas parcel overseas first week of December... Not been recieved, CANNOT navigate their customer service lines to get to speak to someone... Arseholes!!

A cow's Moo sounds like a moo, a cats meaow sounds like a meaow and a dogs woof sounds like a woof. So why the **** do they say a pig's sound goes Oink. 

13 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

£35 for a SIX minute call consultation to the vets 😡😡😡😡😡

Ooft. My insurers (Bought by Many) offer free telephone vet consultations.

1 hour ago, Sooperstar said:

Sadly our insurers have a £100 excess and as he’s now coming up for 11 we can’t get other insurance now 😡

Like most owners I’d pay whatever it took to keep the wee fella well 

1 hour ago, Sooperstar said:

Sadly our insurers have a £100 excess and as he’s now coming up for 11 we can’t get other insurance now 😡

Like most owners I’d pay whatever it took to keep the wee fella well 

While reading an actual page in an actual book, for a split second I put my thumb and forefinger together in order to zoom in on something.

:facepalm:

Edited by fancy a brew

Konrad von Carstein
7 minutes ago, fancy a brew said:

While reading an actual page in an actual book, for a split second I put my thumb and forefinger together in order to zoom in on something.

Been there too... :(

11 minutes ago, fancy a brew said:

I regularly do this when I switch from iPad to laptop forgetting my laptop isn’t touch screen. Pretty embarrassing if you do it in a meeting. 

William H. Bonney
58 minutes ago, fancy a brew said:

I was looking at old photos from my childhood recently and tried to pinch the photograph to zoom. 

Mrs tjambos pal has been doing a live FB gig throughout lockdown. Tonight, at the end of her set, she had a knock on the door. 6 (six) policemen at her door because one of her neighbours reported her as having a party.

What a complete waste of police resources. 
Jobby through the reporters letterbox imo.

2 hours ago, iantjambo said:

Mrs tjambos pal has been doing a live FB gig throughout lockdown. Tonight, at the end of her set, she had a knock on the door. 6 (six) policemen at her door because one of her neighbours reported her as having a party.

What a complete waste of police resources. 
Jobby through the reporters letterbox imo.

🤣🤣 Brilliant

29 minutes ago, heartsfc_fan said:

🤣🤣 Brilliant

I thought it was hilarious. My ‘here’s the police...When’s sting coming’ comment went down pretty well 😂

23 hours ago, fancy a brew said:

I did similar when I tried to scroll down on my kids jotter. I'm blaming it on the fact that everything had been tablet or Ipad based up to then and not on the fact that I'm a ****ing idiot. 

Captain Sausage

Nice day in the city, got back to the train station and some ***** had stolen my bike. 

Cut the lock, snapped off the kids seat on the back and dumped it. 

Had to carry a tired 3 year old 2 miles home in the snow/rain. 

Hope the wank falls off the bike into a ditch where he breaks his neck but is still alive and dies of thirst after a few days. 

21 minutes ago, Captain Sausage said:

Nice day in the city, got back to the train station and some ***** had stolen my bike. 

Hope the wank falls off the bike into a ditch where he breaks his neck but is still alive and dies of thirst after a few days. 

That's just shit🤬

On 23/01/2021 at 13:31, Norm said:

I did similar when I tried to scroll down on my kids jotter. I'm blaming it on the fact that everything had been tablet or Ipad based up to then and not on the fact that I'm a ****ing idiot. 

In a sort of reversal of the new tech meets old, I remember laughing my head off, when in the 70s my mum walked through an automatic door and thanked it.

manaliveits105
2 hours ago, Captain Sausage said:

No cctv at station for police to scan .

Captain Sausage
8 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

No cctv at station for police to scan .

Cheeky ******* did it right under a camera. I live in France so it’ll be 12 months before they get round to reviewing it. 

More of a non seethe I suppose and it is retrospective. A couple of years ago I was going to Abu Dhabi, long flight so bought a really decent pair of earphones at Edinburgh airport for a bit of quality sounds for the flight there and back, £150 or thereabouts and the most I've ever splashed out on earphones. A week or so later and I get back in the house about 10 in the morning and dump my bags and settle on the sofa to watch anything to prevent me falling asleep. Ten minutes later the cat wanders through and just sits in front of me with a look on her face that just says 'arsehole'. She's got one earpiece in her mouth. hasn't eaten it, just removed it from my shit expensive earphones. £150 and I've worn them twice. Can't seethe at my cat though.

At the back of my flats, there's private resident parking. Noticed a young lad who stays over the road in the houses parking there, in a space that belongs to one of my neighbours. Not sure if he's been given permission to park there, that's upto the person whose space it is, but I do care if he's going to be a pain in the arse.

Last night, he and 4 of his pals sat in the car for about 2-3 hours, drinking and listening to music. 2 of them were lads, and 2 of them were loud nippy screaming lassies. Wasn't so bad when in the motor, but they kept getting out to go and pish or what not, in peoples gardens might I add.

Surprised none of the curtain twitchers phoned the police on them, but I have quite a number of elderly neighbours who would probably be too scared to confront a group of young, drunken adults. I promptly told them where to go, and to be fair they were quite apologetic and dispersed shortly after.

I'm sure it's shite being a young adult in lockdown on a Saturday night, but no need to loiter in a residential area, disturbing people at midnight. Especially when you don't even live in these flats, and we've been good enough to let you park there.

All roads lead to Gorgie

Quality of plastic milk bottles. Got home with shopping today and happened to knock the shopping bag slightly on the door frame entering the kitchen, looked down and a trail of milk everywhere. A big split down the side of the bottle and milk gushing out. 

Great that plastic is recycled but it needs to be thicker. You often see bottles leaking on supermarket shelves when you go to pick one up as well.

52 minutes ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

Quality of plastic milk bottles. Got home with shopping today and happened to knock the shopping bag slightly on the door frame entering the kitchen, looked down and a trail of milk everywhere. A big split down the side of the bottle and milk gushing out. 

Great that plastic is recycled but it needs to be thicker. You often see bottles leaking on supermarket shelves when you go to pick one up as well.

At least we get milk in bottles and not plastic bags like in many other nations!

All roads lead to Gorgie
2 hours ago, Cade said:

At least we get milk in bottles and not plastic bags like in many other nations!

Don't give them ideas:laugh: 

4 hours ago, Cade said:

You get used to it; plonk in suitable jug and cut corber to suit how you want to pour.  Voila!

Wrt recycling I'm not sure what the net difference is between the two.  Obviously it's a differnt type of plastic being used but the bags I doubt are getting recycled, well not deliberately by consumers.

Dennis Reynolds

Trying to set up the council tax on my new flat. Wife phoned up a couple weeks ago but they couldn't find the address as it's a new build :berra:

So just phoned up to try and get through to someone as the online portal was no help. Genuinely about 5 minutes on the phone going through all the options and all the usual shpeel on these automated phone lines for it to say it's really busy, please phone another time. :muggy: Could you not have told me that at the start!?

Somehow, I get the feeling ill get the blame for not paying my council tax 🤨

Governor Tarkin
On 24/01/2021 at 17:43, Captain Sausage said:

Dehydration induced kidney failure. :sweeet:

Before long we'll be back to the days of my parents' generation where the only realistic option was to go to somewhere like Pittenweem by bus, for the fortnight summer holiday.  Rest of the year you'll be back to kiling yourself with alcohol but only at home as we don't do pubs anymore.  Far off lands will only exist on laptops, and places like Tantallon Castle will be Look-at-Only barricaded-off sites requiring time-slots to visit as your only option for weekend leisure outside your home/street/hood. Of course you'll have to do it by public transport!

Edited by ArcticJambo

3 hours ago, LMc said:

Trying to set up the council tax on my new flat. Wife phoned up a couple weeks ago but they couldn't find the address as it's a new build :berra:

So just phoned up to try and get through to someone as the online portal was no help. Genuinely about 5 minutes on the phone going through all the options and all the usual shpeel on these automated phone lines for it to say it's really busy, please phone another time. :muggy: Could you not have told me that at the start!?

Be as well just setting up a payment plan with Scott & Co now

Not so much a seethe as a minor irritation - but getting used to a new wallet.  Cards not where you expect them to be, feels weird, can’t decide where to put which card etc,

1 minute ago, FWJ said:

Not so much a seethe as a minor irritation - but getting used to a new wallet.  Cards not where you expect them to be, feels weird, can’t decide where to put which card etc,

Most of the time I don't even carry a wallet these days, from the start of covid the only times i've needed to actually carry my wallet have been to get cash when pubs were open or to get fuel, everything else is contactless and I have my phone for that (watch as backup)

3 minutes ago, FWJ said:

I’m in my 50’s and I think I’ve only owned about 3 wallets in my entire life. It would have been 2 but I got one stolen in Liverpool years ago. If I find one I like I’ll stick with it for the very reason you mentioned. 

1 minute ago, Ribble said:

Most of the time I don't even carry a wallet these days, from the start of covid the only times i've needed to actually carry my wallet have been to get cash when pubs were open or to get fuel, everything else is contactless and I have my phone for that (watch as backup)

There’s a good seethe. I transferred some cash into my everyday spending account recently as I realised it was down to a pound. Then I used my phone to get on the bus, or rather I tried to as ApplePay seems to take longer to get the cash into it than your card. Had to get off the bus and go home to get my wallet. 

5 hours ago, LMc said:

I work for the council. They can’t set up the council tax account until Lothian valuation joint board send through all the info and banding. It’s often a few months after sale. 

Send an email to the address below. Confirm your names, the address and the date of sale or the date tenancy started. The council tax team can then send a memo to Lothian valuation joint board to try and prompt them to do what they need to do. 

[email protected]

Dennis Reynolds
3 minutes ago, Helzibob said:

I work for the council. They can’t set up the council tax account until Lothian valuation joint board send through all the info and banding. It’s often a few months after sale. 

Send an email to the address below. Confirm your names, the address and the date of sale or the date tenancy started. The council tax team can then send a memo to Lothian valuation joint board to try and prompt them to do what they need to do. 

[email protected]

Nice one! Will get on that pronto. Thank you very much!