The all new "seethe" thread

cosanostra

Radio 2 playing Christmas songs all bloody day ,😡after pop master I’ll be sticking on some old albums I’ve not heard for a while 😃

• Replies 20.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Morgan

• Harry Potter

• iantjambo

• IronJambo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Lemongrab said:

I drove up Gilmerton Road the other day and there are now places where the the cycle lane takes up most of one side of the road. Though they have been kind enough to leave a 2 feet space which isn't cycle lane. I drove the length of the road and didn't see a single cyclist. Utter madness.  

I've driven it once since the cycle lane was put in and did see the one cyclist, bang centre of the road travelling up the hill at about 2mph on one of those daft bromley's that are designed for a short flat commute

2 minutes ago, Ribble said:

I've driven it once since the cycle lane was put in and did see the one cyclist, bang centre of the road travelling up the hill at about 2mph on one of those daft bromley's that are designed for a short flat commute

folk cycling in winter, brave souls, 🥶, dark, icy roads, saving the planet though.

luckyBatistuta

Not my seethe, but there was plenty on Pentland Terrace yesterday. A car had broken down in rush hour, just before the junction with Greenbank Crescent heading in to town. It was pretty much directly opposite where the poles start for the psycho lanes, so there was massive tailbacks behind the car, as there was so much traffic heading out and only enough room for one car. Utter madness.

luckyBatistuta
Just now, luckyBatistuta said:

Not my seethe, but there was plenty on Pentland Terrace yesterday. A car had broken down in rush hour, just before the junction with Greenbank Crescent heading in to town. It was pretty much directly opposite where the poles start for the psycho lanes, so there was massive tailbacks behind the car, as there was so much traffic heading out and only enough room for one car. Sat and watched it from my window for ages, utter madness.

4 hours ago, 3fingersreid said:

Radio 2 playing Christmas songs all bloody day ,😡after pop master I’ll be sticking on some old albums I’ve not heard for a while 😃

That radio 2 is a joke today. Who actually thought playing that crap all day was a good idea. Wish that Zoe Ball would Gtf as well.

Салатные палочки

Up early to wait for the TV being delivered between 7 and 12 today. Check the emails and see one from the courier telling us they wouldn't be delivering it today as the supplier had given them the wrong item. 

luckyBatistuta

Passed by Jocks Lodge last night. Bollards on the edge of the pavement all over the place up to Meadowbank Terrace, big chrome looking things too(what’s the point🤷‍♂️) The UK is financially falling apart right now and these erseholes in the council are spunking money all over the place on bollards, crazy cycle lanes and so called safe spaces. They’ve  lost the plot, they really have.

Trying to change my direct debit payment to British gas on their website😕.

E-Mail sent to them. 

Whats the point of having a service which does not work, beyond me.

The phrase "chicken hearted" that gets spouted constantly on The Terrace. 

No idea what it is, but it gives me the seethe something chronic.   It gets posted time and time again on any thread about any player by certain posters. 

It's just clichéd nonsense and I really, really hate it. 

Edited by tian447

No idea what it is, but it gives me the seethe something chronic.   It gets posted time and time again on any thread, about any player by certain posters. 

Салатные палочки
8 hours ago, tian447 said:

No idea what it is, but it gives me the seethe something chronic.   It gets posted time and time again on any thread, about any player by certain posters. 

Is there an Elliot Frear thread?  If so, I would avoid it.  

The chicken hearted wee ***** :laugh2:

9 hours ago, tian447 said:

It's one that confuses me, I know it's a slur on a players lack of grit and determination but I really like chicken hearts, they are really tasty! so if a player is chicken hearted am I meant to like or dislike that player?

4 way temporary traffic lights at the Stenhouse Drive/ Broomhouse Drive/ Saughton Road crossroads 😡.

Pain in the arse when your street has only one way in and out and arseholes constantly block the bloody entrance!

Dr. Sheldon Cooper
4 hours ago, iantjambo said:

4 way temporary traffic lights at the Stenhouse Drive/ Broomhouse Drive/ Saughton Road crossroads 😡.

Pain in the arse when your street has only one way in and out and arseholes constantly block the bloody entrance!

I didn't know they were there and tried to go into the left hand lane to turn left into Stenhouse Drive from Saughton Road North the other day. Lane is blocked off so had to hover waiting for someone to let me in when the lights turned green. One of my pet hates is when folk sneak up the inside and then try and cut in when their lane is blocked off but I genuinely didn't know the roadworks were there.

Just going to try and avoid them where possible until they disappear.

8 minutes ago, Dr. Sheldon Cooper said:

I didn't know they were there and tried to go into the left hand lane to turn left into Stenhouse Drive from Saughton Road North the other day. Lane is blocked off so had to hover waiting for someone to let me in when the lights turned green. One of my pet hates is when folk sneak up the inside and then try and cut in when their lane is blocked off but I genuinely didn't know the roadworks were there.

Just going to try and avoid them where possible until they disappear.

They’re an absolute nightmare. On the plus side, the new bus lane camera on Stenhouse drive will have caught all the arseholes trying to zip up the bus lane, only to find themselves having to try and get into the right hand lane.

I did do it myself on the first day though. Turned left out my street, only to drive straight into a blocked feckin lane.

Edited by iantjambo

Dr. Sheldon Cooper
1 minute ago, iantjambo said:

They’re an absolute nightmare. On the plus side, the new bus lane camera on Stenhouse drive will have caught all the arseholes trying to zip up the bus lane, only to find themselves having to try and get into the right hand lane.

Didn't realise that had been installed until a few weeks ago either and went to move into the left hand lane to go straight across at the crossroads. Think I left it late enough not to be caught out by the camera thankfully.

One to watch out for though.

5 minutes ago, Dr. Sheldon Cooper said:

Didn't realise that had been installed until a few weeks ago either and went to move into the left hand lane to go straight across at the crossroads. Think I left it late enough not to be caught out by the camera thankfully.

One to watch out for though.

I had to register on a list of exempt vehicles for that one, as I have to cut across it to get into my street.

16 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

It seems these days that the number one attribute for participation in politics is a brass neck. You can spout lies, screw the expenses, employ your relatives, act with total hypocracy, and indulge in any number of other questionable behaviours with almost total impunity. Shameless behaviour is becoming normalised. Rant over.

luckyBatistuta
4 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

It seems these days that the number one attribute for participation in politics is a brass neck. You can spout lies, screw the expenses, employ your relatives, act with total hypocracy, and indulge in any number of other questionable behaviours with almost total impunity. Shameless behaviour is becoming normalised. Rant over.

That pretty much covers every box you need to tick to become one of these lowlifes. Sorry for passing my seethe on to you pal.

luckyBatistuta
1 hour ago, Harry Potter said:

Took four and a half hours, deary me, reminds me of delboy in miami.

:rofl:

16 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Guy should be applauded for going to great lengths just to get his NKC. Imagine his first day in the jail, getting asked what he's in for? :)

:lol: Everyone crowded around him loving it. He’d be a top boy on day one. 

Yesterday we laid my mother in law to rest , whilst sitting in one of the 3 cars following the hearse it struck me that so many people in other vehicles don’t stop to allow the funeral cars to manoeuvre out of junctions . 😡

I’ve always stopped to allow funeral vehicles out , always will , purely as a mark of respect ( not sure if there is a Highway Code rule or not?) . 

Are people more selfish or just oblivious to their surroundings and the impact of their actions of those around them ? 

2 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Cycling with my son yesterday. Signal right. Car coming the opposite direction slows down and flashes us. That's kind I thought. Son proceeds to start with the right turn. Car accelerates, almost hitting my son.

Brilliant lesson for my son - if you see a fat, middle-aged woman behind a steering wheel, all bets are off as to what they are planning to do.

So a fat woman in a car showed you and your son her titties and you thought she was giving you right of way?

On 11/12/2020 at 00:47, tian447 said:

Bit of a bump but I’m like that with “ever so” especially when it’s football/ers - he’s ever so quick on his feet etc. especially when mixed in with the he’s went for the ball  type chat.

Yesterday we laid my mother in law to rest , whilst sitting in one of the 3 cars following the hearse it struck me that so many people in other vehicles don’t stop to allow the funeral cars to manoeuvre out of junctions . 😡

I’ve always stopped to allow funeral vehicles out , always will , purely as a mark of respect ( not sure if there is a Highway Code rule or not?) . 

Are people more selfish or just oblivious to their surroundings and the impact of their actions of those around them ? 

Horatio Caine
5 hours ago, FWJ said:

Bit of a bump but I’m like that with “ever so” especially when it’s football/ers - he’s ever so quick on his feet etc. especially when mixed in with the he’s went for the ball  type chat.

Yes.  Agree. `Ever so` sounds almost straight out of Swallows and Amazons!

luckyBatistuta
9 hours ago, 3fingersreid said:

I’m the same pal, always get out of the way. I find a lot more people these days are selfish and less respectful of others around them, sad really, costs nothing.

Sorry about your loss bud

Edited by luckyBatistuta

2 hours ago, OBE said:

Got a bottle of Arran Marsala fi Santa...canae ***kin taste or smell it, impeccable timing. 😕

Feel your pain. Im skipping Christmas Dinner due to no taste or smell.

:seething:

Салатные палочки
4 hours ago, iantjambo said:

Forth One. 

Let’s play Callum ****** Beattie, every five ****** minutes!

Same with West FM. His songs are absolutely miserable pish as well. 

16 hours ago, Der Kaiser said:

Feel your pain. Im skipping Christmas Dinner due to no taste or smell.

:seething:

10 days now since the senses vanished. After the effort the wife made food wise, I couldn't not sit with them, I tried but it was pointless. No weight gain this festive period.

3 hours ago, OBE said:

10 days now since the senses vanished. After the effort the wife made food wise, I couldn't not sit with them, I tried but it was pointless. No weight gain this festive period.

Yeah my silver lining is 5 pound weight loss in the last week.

Think I've seen a slight taste increase today though.

Edited by Der Kaiser

23 minutes ago, Der Kaiser said:

Yeah my silver lining is 5 pound weight loss in the last week.

Think I've seen a slight taste increase today though.

Don't worry, I've probably put 5lbs on for you 👍

On 11/12/2020 at 00:46, tian447 said:

No idea what it is, but it gives me the seethe something chronic.   It gets posted time and time again on any thread about any player by certain posters. 

Getting trotted out again on the Terrace today. 

It's good though, because as soon as I see someone use the term, I know to immediately disregard their entire opinion, as it just comes verbatim from the Sky Sports Book of Footballing Clichés. 

A robust centre forward
On 19/12/2020 at 09:00, 3fingersreid said:

Sorry for your loss. I always give way or hold up traffic to let a cortege through as a matter of respect. I also take my hat off if I am out walking if a corvette passes by. People now are so disrespectful. Sad that society has turned out that way. A couple of years ago when I was laying my father to rest, a young girl flew out and drove straight across a roundabout between the hearse and the first family limousine following on our way to the crematorium. She just missed the hearse by inches whilst holding her phone to her ear. She was completely unaware of the carnage she almost caused and just drove away at speed. The limo driver was going nuts. It really p*sses me of these days with the lack of manners and respect shown by certain members of the general public.

Samuel Camazzola
On 26/12/2020 at 04:13, iantjambo said:

Forth One. 

The problem lies in your station of choice. (I've no idea who Callum Beattie is but if he is part of their play list, I can guess his stuff is pish). 

6 minutes ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

The problem lies in your station of choice. (I've no idea who Callum Beattie is but if he is part of their play list, I can guess his stuff is pish). 

His stuff is pretty ‘meh’. Nothing that’s not been trotted out hundreds of times before.

You’re probably correct about my choice of station :lol:

On 26/12/2020 at 04:13, iantjambo said:

Forth One. 

Glad I’m no the only one that was thinking that.... in fact they seem to play the same songs over and over 

54 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

His stuff is pretty ‘meh’. Nothing that’s not been trotted out hundreds of times before.

You’re probably correct about my choice of station :lol:

Im more a Forth 2 fan.

All roads lead to Gorgie

Deliveroo. Please teach your cyclists to stop at red lights and on pavements inform them that pedestrians have the right of way and they shouldn't have to take evasive action just because one of your employees is trying to squeeze in as many jobs a day they can away with.

All roads lead to Gorgie
Just now, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

Deliveroo. Please teach your cyclists to stop at red lights and on pavements inform them that pedestrians have the right of way and they shouldn't have to take evasive action just because one of your employees is trying to squeeze in as many jobs a day they can get away with.

Trying to read any threads on The Terrace. There are about half a dozen posters who charge into any thread about any subject and manipulate it to their own agendas and turn them into bunfights.