• iantjambo

• IronJambo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dagger Is Back
33 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

Can you elaborate a little on this?

Not being a dick. Genuinely curious.

Don’t think you are being a dick for one minute Ian.

Difficult to explain but take the vigils held in Scotland to mark Brexit. What was that all about? What were participants trying to accomplish?

I’m definitely guilty of ignorance in terms of vigils but what are they intended to do? What happens at them apart from the lighting of candles and weeping? What are they intended to achieve particularly when the person in question is unknown to you?

I can think of many people throughout the years whose passing has saddened me and had an impact on me.

Some of those were famous and others not. Not once has the thought of attending a vigil entered my mind.

Might just be the personal way that folks show emotion I guess.

Each to their own 

7 minutes ago, Dagger Is Back said:

Don’t think you are being a dick for one minute Ian.

Difficult to explain but take the vigils held in Scotland to mark Brexit. What was that all about? What were participants trying to accomplish?

I’m definitely guilty of ignorance in terms of vigils but what are they intended to do? What happens at them apart from the lighting of candles and weeping? What are they intended to achieve particularly when the person in question is unknown to you?

I can think of many people throughout the years whose passing has saddened me and had an impact on me.

Some of those were famous and others not. Not once has the thought of attending a vigil entered my mind.

Might just be the personal way that folks show emotion I guess.

Each to their own 

Fair enough.

The brexit thing is throat punching inducing.

In other manners. It could be the media that are more at fault there.

Nookie Bear

Facebook today:

”Happy Mother’s Day to mother’s of fur babies”

”Happy Mother’s Day to those mothers who chose not to be mothers”

Look, if you want to sit your saggy arses on the sofa and eat chocolate all day, just do it. You don’t need to make up excuses. 

Byyy The Light
1 hour ago, Nookie Bear said:

Facebook today:

”Happy Mother’s Day to mother’s of fur babies”

”Happy Mother’s Day to those mothers who chose not to be mothers”

Look, if you want to sit your saggy arses on the sofa and eat chocolate all day, just do it. You don’t need to make up excuses. 

😄 properly laughed at this.

William H. Bonney

A work colleague of mine wished her dead grandmother a happy birthday on Facebook. 
‘you would be 123 today’

Nah, you’d still be ****ing dead. 

Edited by Furious Styles

7 minutes ago, Furious Styles said:

A work colleague of mine wished her dead grandmother a happy birthday on Facebook. 
‘you would be 123 today’

And wouldn't have a clue what Facebook was.

JudyJudyJudy
1 hour ago, Furious Styles said:

‘you would be 123 today’

Tes Facebook ! The “ happily heavenly “ birthday thing drives. Me mad . It’s so corny . I also feel had that I need to commentate a loved ones death on it each year on their anniversary of their death as I feel it’s a very private thing but I feel if I don’t I’ll get pelters from some family members . I notice today on Facebook tons of Mother’s Day wishes to dead mothers . No thanks I’ll remember my mum when I want to not on a manufactured fake day like today . It was anniversary of one of my brothers death last week and I wasn’t gonna comment but the pressure got too much and I did eventually . . 

3 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

Tes Facebook ! The “ happily heavenly “ birthday thing drives. Me mad . It’s so corny . I also feel had that I need to commentate a loved ones death on it each year on their anniversary of their death as I feel it’s a very private thing but I feel if I don’t I’ll get pelters from some family members . I notice today on Facebook tons of Mother’s Day wishes to dead mothers . No thanks I’ll remember my mum when I want to not on a manufactured fake day like today . It was anniversary of one of my brothers death last week and I wasn’t gonna comment but the pressure got too much and I did eventually . . 

Grief, in my opinion anyway, should be personal. All this 'Happy heavenly Mother's Day' on Facebook is attention seeking of the highest order. Just wondering how many replies and likes their shitty post gets. There was one from a girl I know on my Facebook I seen earlier, a Happy heavenly Mother's Day to mum who passed away in 2016. One of the replies said 'taken too soon'........she was 93 when she died

JudyJudyJudy
5 minutes ago, JWL said:

Grief, in my opinion anyway, should be personal. All this 'Happy heavenly Mother's Day' on Facebook is attention seeking of the highest order. Just wondering how many replies and likes their shitty post gets. There was one from a girl I know on my Facebook I seen earlier, a Happy heavenly Mother's Day to mum who passed away in 2016. One of the replies said 'taken too soon'........she was 93 when she died

completely agree.  that " taken too soon " :)    thats Facebook for you.  All very virtual signalling and slacktivsm.   Makes me laugh seeing the fakeness of some people on it whom i know in real life.  Tragic really. 

You should only be allowed to refer to your pet as a  fur baby IF you have had sex with another member of that species. 

Granted you are not the biological Mother but I'll allow the term to be used. So going by a video sent to me 15 years ago only one woman from through the west can use the term fur baby for her dog.

Disclaimer: (I was not told prior to the video what I would be watching.....and I cannot comment on what transpired as I never watched the whole video but it was enough footage to haunt me and decide not to stay in touch with that former work colleague)

Edited by Der Kaiser

57 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

completely agree.  that " taken too soon " :)    thats Facebook for you.  All very virtual signalling and slacktivsm.   Makes me laugh seeing the fakeness of some people on it whom i know in real life.  Tragic really. 

Of course you could go the whole hog and buy this shirt I just saw advertised on Facebook? 

203B2827-4807-466F-BF17-4ADAAAFC826C.jpeg

JudyJudyJudy
18 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Of course you could go the whole hog and buy this shirt I just saw advertised on Facebook? 

Arghh there is something disturbing about that and just plain weird 

2 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

The total lack of punctuation, and the use of Comic Sans? 

Governor Tarkin
5 hours ago, JamesM48 said:
5 hours ago, Tazio said:

Expand  Expand  

3 hours ago, tian447 said:

I'd go with the tarantula on her shoulder.

Edited by Governor Tarkin

bruce springsteen covering because the night by patti smith has just came on the radio. possibly one of the worst cover versions i have ever heard

13 hours ago, tian447 said:

It's making my lower eyelids twitch.

1 hour ago, milky_26 said:

bruce springsteen covering because the night by patti smith has just came on the radio. possibly one of the worst cover versions i have ever heard

I’m really not sure if you’re being serious here. 

7 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

it sounded like a drunk at karaoke

I’m not referring to the quality of the cover, more the fact that he wrote it with Patti writing most of the lyrics so it’s his song as much as hers. 

36 minutes ago, Tazio said:

I’m not referring to the quality of the cover, more the fact that he wrote it with Patti writing most of the lyrics so it’s his song as much as hers. 

did not know that, he should have stuck with the writing credits

luckyBatistuta

And so it continues on and on.

Earlier today a Central taxi passing the cemetery at Old Dalkeith Road with a dialysis patient had his window smashed by little ##### throwing stuff over the wall at the traffic. Now they’ve just done my taxi too. Put a large dent in the side and smashed the light cluster too. They have no fear of anyone or anything. Someone is going to get killed one day.

Edited by luckyBatistuta

6 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Earlier today a Central taxi passing the cemetery at Old Dalkeith Road with a dialysis patient had his window smashed by little ##### throwing stuff over the wall at the traffic. Now they’ve just done my taxi too. Put a large dent in the side and smashed the light cluster too. They have no fear of anyone or anything. Someone is going to get killed one day.

It seems to be the new thing chucking stones. I had a bunch of the feral little shits throwing stones at me when I was riding along the cycle path at Drylaw this afternoon. 

1 hour ago, luckyBatistuta said:

That's brutal bud. Hope the wee pricks get some karma their way

luckyBatistuta
1 hour ago, Tazio said:

It seems to be the new thing chucking stones. I had a bunch of the feral little shits throwing stones at me when I was riding along the cycle path at Drylaw this afternoon. 

They still haven’t recovered the taxi that was stolen in December when the driver got out to them and they kicked the #### out of him and drove off with his taxi

2 minutes ago, chubby1973 said:

That's brutal bud. Hope the wee pricks get some karma their way

Here’s hoping bud 🙏

7 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

They still haven’t recovered the taxi that was stolen in December when the driver got out to them and they kicked the #### out of him and drove off with his taxi

Here’s hoping bud 🙏

The police had the cycle path closed off a few days ago for some reason at Drylaw and at the Leith end as well. I’ve not seen anything in the press about it since. The thing is you get people going on about “try it with me I’d batter them soft”. Sod that. My fighting days are long in the past and even then I wouldn’t have waded into a bunch of 16 year olds. A young Polish lad was badly beaten a couple of years ago where I live. He got off the bus with his mate and a couple of teenagers were shouting abuse so despite his mate saying to leave it but he chased them. Turned the corner and there were another 4 waiting for him and they piled on. Poor sod ended up in hospital. 

luckyBatistuta
1 minute ago, Tazio said:

The police had the cycle path closed off a few days ago for some reason at Drylaw and at the Leith end as well. I’ve not seen anything in the press about it since. The thing is you get people going on about “try it with me I’d batter them soft”. Sod that. My fighting days are long in the past and even then I wouldn’t have waded into a bunch of 16 year olds. A young Polish lad was badly beaten a couple of years ago where I live. He got off the bus with his mate and a couple of teenagers were shouting abuse so despite his mate saying to leave it but he chased them. Turned the corner and there were another 4 waiting for him and they piled on. Poor sod ended up in hospital. 

Yeah, @jack D and coke mate who’s a big lad had the same thing happen. They just have no fear. Get a right going over in my days as a teenager if you were a little ####

3fingersreid
1 hour ago, Harry Potter said:

Bankhead Drive shut to traffic, i take it the road is getting a completer makeover,😀.

The Romans built roads quicker than they do nowadays, it’s a real pain that road being closed 😡

People.

Ok....its people who want something for absolutely nothing. They are all over Facebook and it just seems to be a growing trend. I think its evolved from the folk offering stupid low offers for decent goods...sometime with a sob story attached (Can i offer £100 for your top spec gaming computer youre selling for £800. Its for my disabled son (He has ADHD)

Other Examples .....

Free stones! Just need bagged and collected.

(So you want your garden cleared but dont want to pay anyone or do it yourself)

Anyone giving away a large dog cageneeds to be sturdy with solid door in really good condition. 

Can anyone replace a plug socket for me for free? I know its a simple job but im not confident and someone could probably do it in 10 seconds. 

1 minute ago, Der Kaiser said:

People.

Ok....its people who want something for absolutely nothing. They are all over Facebook and it just seems to be a growing trend. I think its evolved from the folk offering stupid low offers for decent goods...sometime with a sob story attached (Can i offer £100 for your top spec gaming computer youre selling for £800. Its for my disabled son (He has ADHD)

Other Examples .....

Anyone giving away a large dog cageneeds to be sturdy with solid door in really good condition. 

Can anyone replace a plug socket for me for free? I know its a simple job but im not confident and someone could probably do it in 10 seconds. 

the phrase you are looking for is choosing beggars, and even if you offer something for free they will want you to deliver it many miles away or add "sweeteners" like they are doing you a favour

10 hours ago, Der Kaiser said:

People.

Other Examples .....

10 hours ago, milky_26 said:

the phrase you are looking for is choosing beggars, and even if you offer something for free they will want you to deliver it many miles away or add "sweeteners" like they are doing you a favour

The 1 I see a lot on facebook is "asking for a friend who doesn't have facebook, she has had to move to a new flat and has no furniture or money". 

Also, when put something on a for sale or free cycle site, I ALWAYS say where I live, for pick up only. Someone from the other side of the island says they'll take it, so far so good. Then they say, I cant get into town to pick it up, can you drop it off? I remind them that it was pick up only. The reply I've had a few times is, but you work in Callanish, that's only 10 miles from my house. Ok, that means you could do a 10 mile drive to pick it up. Then they say it's not worth their time? The item was free, or very cheap, feck off. 

1 hour ago, superjack said:

The 1 I see a lot on facebook is "asking for a friend who doesn't have facebook, she has had to move to a new flat and has no furniture or money". 

Also, when put something on a for sale or free cycle site, I ALWAYS say where I live, for pick up only. Someone from the other side of the island says they'll take it, so far so good. Then they say, I cant get into town to pick it up, can you drop it off? I remind them that it was pick up only. The reply I've had a few times is, but you work in Callanish, that's only 10 miles from my house. Ok, that means you could do a 10 mile drive to pick it up. Then they say it's not worth their time? The item was free, or very cheap, feck off. 

I see this a lot and it does my head in!

Aye, nae bother. I’m giving you something for nothing but I’ll burn half my petrol/diesel to get it to you as well, just so you don’t have to get off your fat, lazy arse to come get the freebie by yourself.

**** off!

2 hours ago, iantjambo said:

I see this a lot and it does my head in!

Aye, nae bother. I’m giving you something for nothing but I’ll burn half my petrol/diesel to get it to you as well, just so you don’t have to get off your fat, lazy arse to come get the freebie by yourself.

**** off!

I was getting rid of a lot of ps4 games recently. A guy wanted to buy some, 15 quid for 6. Told him where I lived, then where I worked. He said his work was only 10 miles from me. When I said that should only take him 15 minutes to drive, he took the huff. He said he still wanted them, so I gave him 2 days. 3 days later, someone else asked about them, offered 20 quid and they were at my house within an hour. Week later, the original guy says he's on his way to pick them up. By the time I told him he was too late, he had already left. He got my message when he was outside. I got a quite abusive message saying how I've fecked him about. So I went out to see him, the prick drove off as soon as he seen me, waiting until he was a bit away prior to shouting things. He has now been removed from the selling site I was using. In future, I'll just be dropping things at the charity shop.

33 minutes ago, superjack said:

I was getting rid of a lot of ps4 games recently. A guy wanted to buy some, 15 quid for 6. Told him where I lived, then where I worked. He said his work was only 10 miles from me. When I said that should only take him 15 minutes to drive, he took the huff. He said he still wanted them, so I gave him 2 days. 3 days later, someone else asked about them, offered 20 quid and they were at my house within an hour. Week later, the original guy says he's on his way to pick them up. By the time I told him he was too late, he had already left. He got my message when he was outside. I got a quite abusive message saying how I've fecked him about. So I went out to see him, the prick drove off as soon as he seen me, waiting until he was a bit away prior to shouting things. He has now been removed from the selling site I was using. In future, I'll just be dropping things at the charity shop.

People really are complete dicks aren’t they? 😡

7 hours ago, iantjambo said:

People really are complete dicks aren’t they? 😡

I know. Wife is clearing out the kitchen cupboards, I didnt realise how much shite she has accumulated. A lit of the stuff we could probably sell on facebook, even to people who have just moved house and dont have facebook. We both agree though, I'll take everything to a charity shop at the weekend.

Malinga the Swinga

Right wing libertarian so called comedians make me seethe. Just suffered Gary Delaney who is by all accounts, a comedian, but comes over as a ***** of the highest order. He is also married to Sarah Millican, the world's unfunniest female comedian, whose routine seems to consist of stories about periods. 

The very thought of them together brings sick to my throat. 

3fingersreid

More ****ing student flats being built , 400 beds in new 7 storey dev at Sainsbury’s and 250 beds at the old telecoms club on Gorgie road ( probably more at Tynecastle HS) .

How about giving young folk a chance to buy or rent their own homes ? 

Dennis Reynolds

Put up a couple floating shelves last week next to the bed.

This morning the cat jumped on one, eyed up the top of the bed and as he jumped tore the shelf out the wall. At 7am. I was absolutely seething but everytime I think of the shelf giving way with the cat on it I do laugh.

More DIY tomorrow now though.

14 hours ago, LMc said:

Put up a couple floating shelves last week next to the bed.

This morning the cat jumped on one, eyed up the top of the bed and as he jumped tore the shelf out the wall. At 7am. I was absolutely seething but everytime I think of the shelf giving way with the cat on it I do laugh.

More DIY tomorrow now though.

Floating shelves are shit, mrs ribble bought them for our living room and exactly the same happened with our cat, took about a square metre of plaster off the wall and I ended up having to buy steel brackets to support the bloody shelves anyway.

Daft cow should have just bought normal shelves to start with.

On 23/03/2021 at 07:24, superjack said:

I put a desk and chair on my local Facebook page, said collection only. I drive a ruddy aygo, there’s no way I could fit them in my tiny car. I got a message giving me a sob story about him being disabled and housebound and could I deliver. Eh no, no I can’t. 

In terms of freeloaders on sales pages about 15 years ago I bought a car from a friend for the outrageous price of £50. She was going to scrap it but it had some MOT and tax left on it and I was carless at the time as I was looking for a very specific one as a long term project. I drove it for a few months including putting 6 months tax on it then put it on gumtree for £50, only fair as it had 4 months tax and MOT on it. The first person that phoned said he’d take it. Turned up and offered me £25. When I told him £50 or nothing he took the hump and stood shouting in the street outside my house that I was a thieving ******* and a cheat. Then scuttled off when I came out the house to confront him. 
The next person took the car was chuffed at their bargain and it was spotted a couple of years later driving around Dumfries so it really was a good deal after all. 
What kind of helmet thinks £50 is too expensive for a car with MOT and tax. 

Another good one today.

Free wood. You just have to chainsaw it so it's manageable and collect it.

Are folk now too lazy to just dump their garden waste in nearby woodland......which......I never do.....just heard that some folk do......

Energy Vampires.

You know the folk that suck all the joy and energy out of a room the second they walk into it?

**** at work does it every day, comes into the office and makes everything about him and his troubles, just **** off and bore some other sap with your tedious, inconsequential, minor problems, I don't give a shit about any of it.

26 minutes ago, cheetah said:

Energy Vampires.

You know the folk that suck all the joy and energy out of a room the second they walk into it?

**** at work does it every day, comes into the office and makes everything about him and his troubles, just **** off and bore some other sap with your tedious, inconsequential, minor problems, I don't give a shit about any of it.

On the same sort of note, Patter Vampires.

You know the folk that just kill a conversation by contributing to it?  Everyone will be laughing, or talking about something interesting, and they chime in with something that just completely misses the tone of what's being said, or otherwise pulls you of the moment so that you're sort of awkwardly sitting there thinking "Come on..."

I work with a guy, that is just like that, and it just seems to be Social Awkwardness, but it's every single conversation, and even worse in Team Meetings, because you know everyone is thinking the exact same... "For ****'s sa....."

This week's seethe...

If you go shopping, when you arrive at the till that marks the end of the shopping experience. You are now on the packing and paying experience. 

That item you forgot.....its gone OK....you forgot it....maybe make a list next time......but your shopping is done. Its finished. You have shopped.

You should not get to wander back off to fetch it and make me wait longer due to your incompetence. 

You need to repeat the shopping experience for your forgotten item(s). 

You'll probably never know how much I thought about killing you in the car park? Another screw loose upstairs for me and you're headline news......yup....I would find a way to kill you with that Batchelors Chicken Noodle Soup.

1 hour ago, cheetah said:

Energy Vampires.

Is it this bloke?
1a63121c-6eeb-4cb4-902e-2cd712777288.jpe