cosanostra

The all new "seethe" thread

jonesy
16 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

Typical trip to KFC goes along the lines of...

"Can I have a bacon and cheese box meal please?" 

"We don't have any bacon or lettuce" 

"Okay just a fillet box meal then"

"What side do you want with that?" 

"Can I have corn on the cob please?"

"We don't have any corn on the cob.  We have beans or coleslaw" 

"Beans?  With a burger?" 

"Okay kids, do you want a Krushem?" 

"Sorry, the machine is broken" 

"Can I have a latte please?" 

"Sorry, the machine is broken" 

Absolute shitehole of an establishment. My kids love their chicken but so always choose to go there.  

it’s  great for hangovers though. 

iantjambo
2 hours ago, iantjambo said:

Car is in the garage due to leaking oil. Can’t wait to see how much this is going to cost me 🤬

Problem with the oil pressure and needs a new oil pressure switch or something installed.

£68 all in :pleasing:

Edited by iantjambo

Captain Sausage

Maybe I’m a heartless *******, but just read a bbc article about the Wonga collapse and the pennies in the pound they’re paying out in compensation. 

A woman is on who is owed £208 in compensation but it’s only going to get £8 back. 

I appreciate Wonga is a scummy company, but why are these people not being questioned for their lack of thought to the consequences of loaning money they didn’t have? Same with the Brighthouse stuff. If you bought a 55” 4K tv and couldn’t afford it - then cry me a river. You don’t deserve any sympathy for having to be a grown up and accept the consequences of your actions. 

IronJambo
2 hours ago, Captain Sausage said:

Maybe I’m a heartless *******, but just read a bbc article about the Wonga collapse and the pennies in the pound they’re paying out in compensation. 

A woman is on who is owed £208 in compensation but it’s only going to get £8 back. 

I appreciate Wonga is a scummy company, but why are these people not being questioned for their lack of thought to the consequences of loaning money they didn’t have? Same with the Brighthouse stuff. If you bought a 55” 4K tv and couldn’t afford it - then cry me a river. You don’t deserve any sympathy for having to be a grown up and accept the consequences of your actions. 

I had the same thoughts when listening to this on LBC. The interest rates were extortionate but how can it be deemed you weremis-sold a loan?

They all seen the APR and the t's&c's.

The world's gone mad. Compensation for being an idiot!

Salad Fingers
15 hours ago, Captain Sausage said:

I'm no expert but I would imagine that the people who are borrowing from Wonga or getting a TV out of Brighthouse don't bother to look at the paperwork or listen to what they are being told in the shop.  They are thinking, my god I could have £500 in my account today or I could be walking away with a 60" TV today.  There is no way they will be thinking about the consequences when it goes tits up.  

Captain Sausage

This ****ing storm has blown down my fence. 

We are starting our extension build in 2 weeks so all our current and future cash is tied up in that, now I’ll need to find another £1k to get a new fence (10off 6’ sq panels) installed. Raging. 

Captain Sausage

Edited by Captain Sausage

Old Blue Eyes

Trampolines potentially taking flight in these current windy conditions...secure the ***king things please.

Edited by Old Blue Eyes

Sooperstar

Wasn't really much of a storm was it? Blew through in a couple of hours.

Harry Potter
Just now, Sooperstar said:

ts back the morra at 9am.

Sooperstar
4 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

ts back the morra at 9am.

I spoke too soon. Seems to be back now!

Harry Potter
9 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

I spoke too soon. Seems to be back now!

😯nightmare bud, im sure from 9am the morra  its windy till 0200 on wed.

Sooperstar
16 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

😯nightmare bud, im sure from 9am the morra  its windy till 0200 on wed.

Fine by me. I enjoy a windy night.

Tynieman
On 30/01/2020 at 17:40, Captain Sausage said:

Honestly, sometimes I wonder about people (no offence intended).

Wonga (and every other payday company, or legal loan sharks as they should be called) were designed to target the most vulnerable in society who could not get money from elsewhere.

I agree that some people may have been irresponsible, myself included if I’m honest, but that’s these companies wanted. They were designed to target vulnerable, poor people. It’s honestly no different for loan sharking.

If a single mother needed food for her children, these companies prayed on that kind of situation and aggressive marketing ensured that many people were stuck in the cycle of borrowing from them.

People have killed themselves due to these companies, one of whom was a close family member so I want to see all of them taking for what they worth. 

Such an ignorant and foolish comment to make.

Edited by Tynieman

Captain Sausage
55 minutes ago, Tynieman said:

Honestly, sometimes I wonder about people (no offence intended).

Wonga (and every other payday company, or legal loan sharks as they should be called) were designed to target the most vulnerable in society who could not get money from elsewhere.

I agree that some people may have been irresponsible, myself included if I’m honest, but that’s these companies wanted. They were designed to target vulnerable, poor people. It’s honestly no different for loan sharking.

If a single mother needed food for her children, these companies prayed on that kind of situation and aggressive marketing ensured that many people were stuck in the cycle of borrowing from them.

People have killed themselves due to these companies, one of whom was a close family member so I want to see all of them taking for what they worth. 

Such an ignorant and foolish comment to make.

Not sure why my comment was foolish...ignorant most likely. 

Yes these companies are scum, but why should people not own the consequences of their actions. The farcical repayment terms for these companies is well publicised and yet people continued to use them. I use the Brighthouse example as it’s easier to see - don’t buy shit you can’t afford. 

I have genuine sympathy for people who were forced into them because a pay check didn’t stretch and they needed the cash ASAP, but it should always have been done understanding that this isn’t free cash, but an expensive short term loan. 

And I refuse to accept that Wonga and their ilk got so big purely on squeezing those people who genuinely couldn’t get by due to awful situations they found themselves in.

This societal thing of always having someone else to blame is wearing pretty thin. 

superjack
2 hours ago, Sooperstar said:

This isn't a storm, didn't even need to double peg the washing today.

jonesy
1 hour ago, Captain Sausage said:

Yes these companies are scum, but why should people not own the consequences of their actions. The farcical repayment terms for these companies is well publicised and yet people continued to use them. I use the Brighthouse example as it’s easier to see - don’t buy shit you can’t afford. 

I have genuine sympathy for people who were forced into them because a pay check didn’t stretch and they needed the cash ASAP, but it should always have been done understanding that this isn’t free cash, but an expensive short term loan. 

And I refuse to accept that Wonga and their ilk got so big purely on squeezing those people who genuinely couldn’t get by due to awful situations they found themselves in.

This societal thing of always having someone else to blame is wearing pretty thin. 

I agree with a lot of what you’re saying here. 

Ultimately, some folk lack the understanding to be able to take out financial products, much like people who don’t see cause and effect with diet, hygiene, booze, fags, etc. In a capitalist-driven society like the UK, in which money determines a lot of things in your life, financial education should be front and centre of the education system. There’s also the case that folk need to educate themselves.

Others are just chancers who see the compensation as another way to scrounge money without working for it.

The faux vilification of Wonga and other companies by the media was partly to blame. It gave them free publicity, while giving others a feeling that they deserved compensation because of big bad money lenders. It’s been going on since the dawn of time!

BarneyBattles
13 hours ago, Captain Sausage said:

This ****ing storm has blown down my fence. 

We are starting our extension build in 2 weeks so all our current and future cash is tied up in that, now I’ll need to find another £1k to get a new fence (10off 6’ sq panels) installed. Raging. 

Ours blew down a few weeks ago. Roughly the same size as yours. Retired neighbour who shared the fence sorted it. Used as much of the old wood as he could, a few new posts, cost me £100 and zero effort. Smug grin smiley!

luckydug
4 hours ago, Captain Sausage said:

It's OK for you to talk when you can afford to shell out a grand for a fence.

Where do you stay ? Buckingham Palace 😂

luckyBatistuta

I must be a heartless ******* too then. I don’t know how some folk sleep at night with the debt they have run up. They aren’t broke, but they think it’s just fine to keep buying stuff they don’t have the cash for and continue piling up debt. They go around spending way beyond their means with other people’s money, then give it all the tears and snotters, complaining about how they’ve been badly treated and it’s not their fault when it goes tits up. Sorry, but you brought it upon yourself.. 

3fingersreid

West Approach road closed

Temp traffic lights on Fountainbridge

Ardmillan Terrace about to be closed for a week 

45 mins on a no 22 from Stenhouse to fountain park , get off and go up to get a cab or a no1 at Dundee street and it’s also not moving . Bus driver tells me he’s 1 hour behind schedule . He also says it’s carnage at haymarket . 

well done CEC ,well ****ing done , absolute ****ing shambles . Plan ahead for once . 

Ribble

I got a couple of hundred off their administrators, got knows how they worked out the compo, I got up to my neck with them years ago and bumped them, they eventually wrote it off when it was found that they never should have given me the loan in the first place. Pay day loans and their interest rates can be catastrophic for people whose income and outgoings are more or less the same to start with as you can easily be trapped into taking loan after loan from them.

Ribble
On 30/01/2020 at 20:42, IronJambo said:

I had the same thoughts when listening to this on LBC. The interest rates were extortionate but how can it be deemed you weremis-sold a loan?

They all seen the APR and the t's&c's.

The world's gone mad. Compensation for being an idiot!

The loans were marketed as a one off quick fix but for the vast majority this wasn't the case, the people taking out loans from the likes of wonga wouldn't have passed affordability checks anywhere else because they didn't have disposable income so after loan no 1 say they paid 50 quid interest it just meant they were 50 short the following month so took another loan and the cycle started. 

IronJambo
5 minutes ago, Ribble said:

The loans were marketed as a one off quick fix but for the vast majority this wasn't the case, the people taking out loans from the likes of wonga wouldn't have passed affordability checks anywhere else because they didn't have disposable income so after loan no 1 say they paid 50 quid interest it just meant they were 50 short the following month so took another loan and the cycle started. 

You're only confirming what I understood. The loanee's knew they'd be short the following month when they took the loan. They still took the loans. Some I feel bad for as you can't always choose your circumstances, trust me I know. All kinds of credit cards and loans are shit for some, I just don't get why all of a sudden it's been decided that people aren't responsible for themselves.

iantjambo
11 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

I must be a heartless ******* too then. I don’t know how some folk sleep at night with the debt they have run up. They aren’t broke, but they think it’s just fine to keep buying stuff they don’t have the cash for and continue piling up debt. They go around spending way beyond their means with other people’s money, then give it all the tears and snotters, complaining about how they’ve been badly treated and it’s not their fault when it goes tits up. Sorry, but you brought it upon yourself.. 

I pretty much agree with what you say but in some situations it’s not quite as black and white as that. For the people who take out loans for shite like night outs and stuff they don’t need should reap what they sow. A lot of these people take the loan with no intention of paying it back. But there’s people who take them through sheer desperation (food, gas, electricity etc) as they might have nowhere else to turn.

Ribble
1 hour ago, IronJambo said:

You're only confirming what I understood. The loanee's knew they'd be short the following month when they took the loan. They still took the loans. Some I feel bad for as you can't always choose your circumstances, trust me I know. All kinds of credit cards and loans are shit for some, I just don't get why all of a sudden it's been decided that people aren't responsible for themselves.

In the cases such as Wonga it was badly advertised in that people seen it as a one off thing, i.e my car/washing machine broke down and it's a a day or two before payday, it's not a case that people aren't responsible for themselves but they were sucked in by an irresponsible lender.

Wonga's model was that if you paid back what you'd been lent then your credit limit with them went up more or less automatically so within a year someone who wouldn't qualify for the original 100 quid loan anywhere else now found themselves with a 1000 credit limit. 

IronJambo
32 minutes ago, Ribble said:

In the cases such as Wonga it was badly advertised in that people seen it as a one off thing, i.e my car/washing machine broke down and it's a a day or two before payday, it's not a case that people aren't responsible for themselves but they were sucked in by an irresponsible lender.

Wonga's model was that if you paid back what you'd been lent then your credit limit with them went up more or less automatically so within a year someone who wouldn't qualify for the original 100 quid loan anywhere else now found themselves with a 1000 credit limit. 

I certainly agree it was irresponsible lending. It still remains that people were knowingly borrowing money they couldn't pay back/struggle/didn't think how to pay back. 

A long time ago in times of desperation (being too proud/stubborn to ask parents for help) I looked at all sorts of consolidation loans and I was well aware of the disgusting APR's involved and exactly how much extra I'd be paying back. It's on the loanee to make those checks and I know we don't agree but I just can't bring myself to blame the big bad company with the open cheque book.

Captain Sausage
15 hours ago, luckydug said:

It's OK for you to talk when you can afford to shell out a grand for a fence.

Where do you stay ? Buckingham Palace 😂

Didn’t think a grand was two bad. 6 panels, 7 posts, the gravel boards and labour. Given I’m in Surrey, everything is twice as expensive as it should be. 

luckyBatistuta
2 hours ago, iantjambo said:

I pretty much agree with what you say but in some situations it’s not quite as black and white as that. For the people who take out loans for shite like night outs and stuff they don’t need should reap what they sow. A lot of these people take the loan with no intention of paying it back. But there’s people who take them through sheer desperation (food, gas, electricity etc) as they might have nowhere else to turn.

Agree Ian, there are definitely  a few exceptions, but there are too many people these days who don’t seem to have a problem running up huge amounts of debt and are not willing to accept the consequences when they can’t pay it back. Only going to get worse too😞

G.Wright

Latest android update, has changed the layout of my keyboard and now i have a black bar at the bottom of the screen that i cant get rid of. Pushes everything out of sync

iantjambo
22 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Agree Ian, there are definitely  a few exceptions, but there are too many people these days who don’t seem to have a problem running up huge amounts of debt and are not willing to accept the consequences when they can’t pay it back. Only going to get worse too😞

One of my mates was brutal for it. Took multiple payday loans for nights out and never made a single repayment. He would then moan in our ears about these horrible companies that were chasing him for thousands. He got really pissed off when we all told him it was his own fault.

Not heard from him in a few years so god knows how he got on with it in the end.

tian447

Never had an accident ever before, and today I decided to have a complete lapse in judgement, and hit a car in front of me at all of 1mph when trying to get out of a tight space.  

About a 2 inch scratch on the car I hit, and the same on mine.  No dents, or smashed lights or anything, just a lovely matching scrape on both.

I am ****ing :seething: at my own stupidity.  Never done anything like that before and I am devastated.

No sign of the other driver, so parked up, waited 5 minutes, then left my details, and phoned the Police and my insurance company to report the incident.  £700 excess can **** right off, but I'll still be out of pocket to pay for the damage.   Still financially recovering from changing jobs and the time over Christmas, so it couldn't have come at a worse time.

****!!!

tian447

Oh, and of course, my car has a sort of 2-tone metallic paint, so it's going to be a ******* to colour match.

I'll get it fixed, but I'll always know it's there.

Gulpener
3 minutes ago, tian447 said:

Oh, and of course, my car has a sort of 2-tone metallic paint, so it's going to be a ******* to colour match.

I'll get it fixed, but I'll always know it's there.

If it's only a wee scratch I'd try one of those Chips Away type places.

tian447
4 minutes ago, Gulpener said:

If it's only a wee scratch I'd try one of those Chips Away type places.

Unfortunately, it's right through the lacquer and the paint, so you can see the bodywork underneath.  It will definitely need redone.  Tempted to just put a whole new bumper on.

I don't know how it's so bad because the car I hit only has some white scratches, maybe 1mm deep at a max, so it'll be much easier to fix.  I remember reading something about Mazda's having pretty poor quality paint work, so possibly a reason why.  It shows up stone chips like bullet holes, so could be true.

Edited by tian447

heartsfc_fan
1 hour ago, tian447 said:

Never had an accident ever before, and today I decided to have a complete lapse in judgement, and hit a car in front of me at all of 1mph when trying to get out of a tight space.  

About a 2 inch scratch on the car I hit, and the same on mine.  No dents, or smashed lights or anything, just a lovely matching scrape on both.

I am ****ing :seething: at my own stupidity.  Never done anything like that before and I am devastated.

No sign of the other driver, so parked up, waited 5 minutes, then left my details, and phoned the Police and my insurance company to report the incident.  £700 excess can **** right off, but I'll still be out of pocket to pay for the damage.   Still financially recovering from changing jobs and the time over Christmas, so it couldn't have come at a worse time.

****!!!

At least you were honest and didn't just drive off. Happened to my wife a while ago, some idiot hit the hit of her car (at low speed) and drove off! She was in the car at the time as well.

tian447
35 minutes ago, heartsfc_fan said:

At least you were honest and didn't just drive off. Happened to my wife a while ago, some idiot hit the hit of her car (at low speed) and drove off! She was in the car at the time as well.

Just met with the driver of the car there, he didn't seem pissed off in the slightest, was very happy that I left all the details and was honest about it. 

We're just going to get it sorted, and I'll pay for their damage.

Raging though! :vrface: 

milky_26
30 minutes ago, tian447 said:

Just met with the driver of the car there, he didn't seem pissed off in the slightest, was very happy that I left all the details and was honest about it. 

We're just going to get it sorted, and I'll pay for their damage.

Raging though! :vrface: 

That's the thing don't be dick and report it most people are fine with that. Even if they are internally seething

tian447
40 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

That's the thing don't be dick and report it most people are fine with that. Even if they are internally seething

1 hour ago, heartsfc_fan said:

Yeah, I would be beyond raging if someone did that to my car and just drove off, so I would never think of doing the same to someone. I just never expected to actually have to do it! :(

However, I'm a firm believer of "if you **** up, take ownership of it and the consequences" :thumbsup:

IronJambo
6 hours ago, tian447 said:

Unfortunately, it's right through the lacquer and the paint, so you can see the bodywork underneath.  It will definitely need redone.  Tempted to just put a whole new bumper on.

I don't know how it's so bad because the car I hit only has some white scratches, maybe 1mm deep at a max, so it'll be much easier to fix.  I remember reading something about Mazda's having pretty poor quality paint work, so possibly a reason why.  It shows up stone chips like bullet holes, so could be true.

Two things....

It's a bumper so it really doesn't need painted anyway.

I'm not sure what you mean with two tone metallic (4 stage paint with a groundcoat maybe?) but if it's a factory paint that came on the car it's easy enough for a smart repairer to match and do a localised repair. It really doesn't matter how deep it is either. Shouldn't cost the earth.

Edit...I see it's a Mazda, that'll be a 4 stage paint. Basically.... primer, then a specific colour (groundcoat), then your top colour, then lacquer. It's easy enough and bread and butter for a smart repairer. What colour is it? The darker the better for blending the repair in

Edited by IronJambo

tian447
3 hours ago, IronJambo said:

Two things....

It's a bumper so it really doesn't need painted anyway.

I'm not sure what you mean with two tone metallic (4 stage paint with a groundcoat maybe?) but if it's a factory paint that came on the car it's easy enough for a smart repairer to match and do a localised repair. It really doesn't matter how deep it is either. Shouldn't cost the earth.

Edit...I see it's a Mazda, that'll be a 4 stage paint. Basically.... primer, then a specific colour (groundcoat), then your top colour, then lacquer. It's easy enough and bread and butter for a smart repairer. What colour is it? The darker the better for blending the repair in

Yeah, sorry, 2 tone wasn't an accurate choice of words. It's the Soul Red paint, which I'm hoping someone will be able to match, even if it's just a close match that isn't noticeable other than up right up close to it. 

I'm a bit obsessive about my car, so I don't have any option but to get it fixed unfortunately. I just can't ignore the fact that it's there. 

Would you recommend going to the dealership, or trying to find a body/spray shop to have a go? 

IronJambo
6 minutes ago, tian447 said:

Yeah, sorry, 2 tone wasn't an accurate choice of words. It's the Soul Red paint, which I'm hoping someone will be able to match, even if it's just a close match that isn't noticeable other than up right up close to it. 

I'm a bit obsessive about my car, so I don't have any option but to get it fixed unfortunately. I just can't ignore the fact that it's there. 

Would you recommend going to the dealership, or trying to find a body/spray shop to have a go? 

I'd ask the used car salesmen at your dealership if they use a smart repairer and if so who. Then when does he visit them? Reason being a repair to an ordinary Joe is going to be £80+(up to ££120(?) but probably more like £50ish to the dealership.

To come to you and fix it the guy has his travel time and set up time to account for. If you approached him at the dealership when he was already there he'd probably be more amenable to a cash in hand price as he's already set up and there's also a good chance he'd have the right paint already mixed given he's at a Mazda dealership already. It could easily be just a 20-30 minute job with drying times behind a heatgun and lamp.

Failing the above I'd be asking around for a decent smart repairer. I'm sure colourworks (or something similar to that) used to have a good rep but it's well over ten years since I was in the area. I think the body shop in loanhead does localised repairs these days as well, can't remember the name but it's full of jambos. Some will quote (wrongly)  as being in straiton.

Boof

People who slam a stapler.

****'S SAKE - just press it firmly.

All roads lead to Gorgie

Just when we finally don't have to suffer all those PPI adverts, now it is over fifties life insurance that is overwhelming the ad breaks!

Probably the same money grabbing companies involved as well!

Edited by All roads lead to Gorgie

Morgan
2 hours ago, Boof said:

People who slam a stapler.

****'S SAKE - just press it firmly.

Similarly, folk who slam doors.

In the middle of the night or in the early morning.

Cade
22 minutes ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

Just when we finally don't have to suffer all those PPI adverts, now it is over fifties life insurance that is overwhelming the ad breaks!

Probably the same money grabbing companies involved as well!

Don't forget "equity release" (which isn't a thing, you are remortgaging your house)

All roads lead to Gorgie
32 minutes ago, Cade said:

Don't forget "equity release" (which isn't a thing, you are remortgaging your house)

Hopefully the generation they are targeting are savvy enough not to be taken in by these too good to true schemes like equity release!

IronJambo
3 hours ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

Hopefully the generation they are targeting are savvy enough not to be taken in by these too good to true schemes like equity release!

Plenty of reasonable reasons for people to borrow against the equity in their home. 

Cade

The adverts are all like:
"sell us your hoose, go on a smashin holiday"

"sell us your hoose and use the cash to pay off your mortgage so you can spend more every month"

"feck your kid's inheritance, spend spend spend"

These remortgages are lifetime deals, with interest accruing every year.

It's not just secured on the value of the house, but on the value of your estate.

So if your house has not increased in value at the same rate as the interest rate, when you die they take the house AND they have first claim on the rest of the estate.

If your estate is not large enough to pay back the full loan, then your next of kin have to pay it out of their own pocket.

Nae house, nae inheritance and a big fat debt.

Thanks mum&dad.

Glad you enjoyed your cruise.

superjack
1 minute ago, Cade said:

The adverts are all like:
"sell us your hoose, go on a smashin holiday"

"sell us your hoose and use the cash to pay off your mortgage so you can spend more every month"

"feck your kid's inheritance, spend spend spend"

These remortgages are lifetime deals, with interest accruing every year.

It's not just secured on the value of the house, but on the value of your estate.

So if your house has not increased in value at the same rate as the interest rate, when you die they take the house AND they have first claim on the rest of the estate.

If your estate is not large enough to pay back the full loan, then your next of kin have to pay it out of their own pocket.

Nae house, nae inheritance and a big fat debt.

Thanks mum&dad.

Glad you enjoyed your cruise.

Need to remember this if my daughter pisses me off in the future. It's a great threat though, even better than the old "do as you're told or I'll boil the gold fish" line.