The all new "seethe" thread

cosanostra

chester copperpot
7 hours ago, Der Kaiser said:

Finish up teaching on Thursday for Easter Break.....and it's not a half day? I have to teach all Thursday!!

Teachers4Justice.

Anyone else seething about this........

:kirk:

I've been on a P7 outbound course all week, I finished last Friday :P

• Replies 20.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Morgan

• Harry Potter

• iantjambo

• IronJambo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 hours ago, IronJambo said:

Sounds like a boast, but hard luck not being able to choose your holidays. That would be my seethe. 

and always having to go on holiday in school holidays. I love a June or Sept holiday. Or a wee winter bargain break. 

7 hours ago, Der Kaiser said:

Finish up teaching on Thursday for Easter Break.....and it's not a half day? I have to teach all Thursday!!

Teachers4Justice.

Aye, you must be exhausted. This being March. That week holiday in February must feel like last year, what a b*st*rd.

9 hours ago, Der Kaiser said:

Teachers4Justice.

:notsure:

The driver of the taxi I got out of ten minutes ago. 

Normally I get a taxi from my work on Cambridge Street home and it is enough below a tenner that I tell the driver to keep the change and it's enough not to be a poor tip. Got one tonight on Lothian Road and off he goes on a bizarre route.

I kept quiet as there are 2 or 3 ways the drivers go to my house. Get outside the house and it's £10.85. So I give him a twenty and he asks if I have a pound so he doesn't have to break a ten. So I casually mention that normally it's less than ten so I was a bit surprised at his route being a couple of quid dearer. At which point he starts getting ratty and demanding to know which way I would have gone as his was the best. I tell him how the drivers normally go and he hands me a ten back and starts the engine still complaining, so I get out reckoning he is cutting his losses on the change and I was in no mood to be charitable. By then I was pissed off so asked him for his number (knowing full well it is on the cab) and he demands I give him 85p. So I sarcastically give him a pound coin and tell him to keep the change. As I reach my gate he runs after me and insists I take my 15p back and starts ranting about how I should report him to the council if I think he's a crook. 

Maybe not a crook but a pretty useless cabby I reckon. And I might report him anyway, for being a dick.

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
9 hours ago, Tazio said:

The driver of the taxi I got out of ten minutes ago. 

Normally I get a taxi from my work on Cambridge Street home and it is enough below a tenner that I tell the driver to keep the change and it's enough not to be a poor tip. Got one tonight on Lothian Road and off he goes on a bizarre route.

I kept quiet as there are 2 or 3 ways the drivers go to my house. Get outside the house and it's £10.85. So I give him a twenty and he asks if I have a pound so he doesn't have to break a ten. So I casually mention that normally it's less than ten so I was a bit surprised at his route being a couple of quid dearer. At which point he starts getting ratty and demanding to know which way I would have gone as his was the best. I tell him how the drivers normally go and he hands me a ten back and starts the engine still complaining, so I get out reckoning he is cutting his losses on the change and I was in no mood to be charitable. By then I was pissed off so asked him for his number (knowing full well it is on the cab) and he demands I give him 85p. So I sarcastically give him a pound coin and tell him to keep the change. As I reach my gate he runs after me and insists I take my 15p back and starts ranting about how I should report him to the council if I think he's a crook. 

Maybe not a crook but a pretty useless cabby I reckon. And I might report him anyway, for being a dick.

You got out of a taxi driver? 

tokyowalnut

People who put jackets on their dogs for walking. No need.

It's a cracking day in Edinburgh, I've just walked past a women who has put a thick red jacket on a mid sized lab.

2 hours ago, Der Kaiser said:

Still 2 hours and 20minutes to go......

Struggling...... 

Thanks for update, been thinking about it all day.....

Relieved it’s coming to an end for you...

Chin up.

Edited by Morgan

1 hour ago, Morgan said:

Thanks for update, been thinking about it all day.....

Relieved it’s coming to an end for you...

Chin up.

Looked suspect towards home time but had a coffee, packet of mini eggs....another coffee......cut some stuff out, tidied a cupboard and then the bell rang.

Home now. Time for a wa.............    

6 minutes ago, Der Kaiser said:

Looked suspect towards home time but had a coffee, packet of mini eggs....another coffee......cut some stuff out, tidied a cupboard and then the bell rang.

Home now. Time for a wa.............    

Hope you enjoy the walk (take it that’s what you meant? :tongue:) as much as the mini eggs.

Have a great holiday, you certainly deserve it....

"Boycott this because this person said something I don't agree with, now everyone else do the same or else you're a racist/fascist/whichever."

2 hours ago, The_razors_edge said:

When you get home from a hard day at the graft and find the fit for purpose thread has been locked

:muggy:

This. I planned to catch up on it on my way home from the shareholders dinner ??.

Stupid Sexy Flanders
10 hours ago, peter_hmfc said:

"Boycott this because this person said something I don't agree with, now everyone else do the same or else you're a racist/fascist/whichever."

Saw a woman on Twitter yesterday who was boycotting Netflix due to Ricky Gervais' "transphobic" routine. :lol:

On 28/03/2018 at 12:51, Thommo414 said:

Hate to say it for sounding a tad bigoted these days but I do have to concede that Italians are a bunch of full blown welts

Try having your company take over the finance for the italian part of the business, now nearly 70 italians in my department!

oddest behavior I've noticed is when they go to the bog, we have 3 cubicles and normal behavior is to take either of the outside cubicles first so there is as much distance as possible from the next person and only use the middle trap if the other 2 are in use, the italians always go for the middle one for some bizarre reason.

Went into NatWest in George Street and wanted to deposit some cash into my daughter's NatWest account and they said they couldn't since I'm not a NatWest customer !!!!!!  Couldn't believe it.

Edited by robroy1874
spelling

The pay in machines in banks.

Stood in the queue to deposit via the staff as the machines are awful.  one person in front so not long of a wait. Chirpy member of staff comes over and asks what I was doing today.

Me: "Just making a deposit"

D**k: "why don't you use the machine, it pays in immediately and it's free just now"

Me: "No thanks, I've used it before and never works properly"

D**k: "I'll come over and help you, it'll take 2 seconds, a teller might not be free for a couple minutes"

Me: "Alright, if you say so"

Head over to the machine...

Money in, nicely aligned and correct orientation. Spits 2 notes out, 2 notes put back in, 1 note spat out. 1 note put back in. Not accepted, so transaction cancelled and all notes spat out. 

D**k: " That's weird, you'll have to try again or just wait in the queue instead"

Me: "you mean the queue that I was almost at the front of,and now is almost out the door?"

D**k: "I'm afraid so"

Me: *seethe* Stood in the queue for 15 minutes contemplating whether to just close my account. 

1 hour ago, gjcc said:

Stood in the queue to deposit via the staff as the machines are awful.  one person in front so not long of a wait. Chirpy member of staff comes over and asks what I was doing today.

D**k: "why don't you use the machine, it pays in immediately and it's free just now"

D**k: "I'll come over and help you, it'll take 2 seconds, a teller might not be free for a couple minutes"

Money in, nicely aligned and correct orientation. Spits 2 notes out, 2 notes put back in, 1 note spat out. 1 note put back in. Not accepted, so transaction cancelled and all notes spat out. 

D**k: " That's weird, you'll have to try again or just wait in the queue instead"

Me: "you mean the queue that I was almost at the front of,and now is almost out the door?"

Me: *seethe* Stood in the queue for 15 minutes contemplating whether to just close my account. 

No sympathy. You should know your own mind.

4 hours ago, gjcc said:

If I'm standing in a queue in the bank and asked to fill in a form at a counter or use a machine I tell them I'm dyslexic, they usually help you or feck off with a right beamer.

9 hours ago, Ribble said:

Try having your company take over the finance for the italian part of the business, now nearly 70 italians in my department!

oddest behavior I've noticed is when they go to the bog, we have 3 cubicles and normal behavior is to take either of the outside cubicles first so there is as much distance as possible from the next person and only use the middle trap if the other 2 are in use, the italians always go for the middle one for some bizarre reason.

Awful behaviour. Complete lack of lavvie etiquette right there 

On 30/03/2018 at 15:58, gjcc said:

Thank god, I thought this only happened to me 

Edited by theshed

Placid Casual

The use of the word 'super' as an adverb.

"I'm super excited to be here".

"I'm super busy at the moment".

200w.webp

4 hours ago, Jefferson Davis Hogg said:

"I love you to the moon and back" 

A horrendous phrase. 

Yes, that is indeed quite awful.

”Love you to bits”is a wee bit cringy too.

5 hours ago, Jefferson Davis Hogg said:

"I love you to the moon and back" 

A horrendous phrase. 

A guy I work with uses that in Facebook messages to his wife. When I pointed out to him that he was turning into a woman he took the huff with me. He also posts stuff with #makingnewmemories which is of course also wifie patter. 

Seething at myself for watching a video that Ricky gervias posted on his Twitter last night.  How anyone can do that to an animal is beyond me. Was disgusted by it. 

Sick *******. 

1 minute ago, Irufushi said:

Seething at myself for watching a video that Ricky gervias posted on his Twitter last night.  How anyone can do that to an animal is beyond me. Was disgusted by it. 

Sick *******. 

Is that the one with the guy and the pony?

Just now, Irufushi said:

No, a dog. 

My mate sent me one with a guy and a pony, catching not pitching.......... somethings you just can't unsee. 

Stupid Sexy Flanders
20 minutes ago, obua said:

When did my bad replace I’m bad, what’s that about.

It doesn't mean I'm bad, it means my fault or my mistake. Yet another shitey Americanism creeping in to our language.

4 minutes ago, Stupid Sexy Flanders said:

It doesn't mean I'm bad, it means my fault or my mistake. Yet another shitey Americanism creeping in to our language.

Cheers,still just wrong.

49 minutes ago, Irufushi said:

Sick *******. 

I saw this on someone else’s twitter feed, apparently he’s been arrested and the dog sadly died. Hopefully karma will give him it back ten fold. 

2 hours ago, Stupid Sexy Flanders said:

Correct.

It’s like ‘I could care less’.

When I was wee it was ‘I couldnae care less’.

Bloody Americans :)

2 hours ago, Geoff the Mince said:

WORLDY .

Or the one that gives me the rage. Referring to a penalty as a pen. For christ sake we don't have a quota of syllables we can use before we run out. 

Stupid Sexy Flanders
2 hours ago, Morgan said:

Correct.

It’s like ‘I could care less’.

When I was wee it was ‘I couldnae care less’.

Bloody Americans :)

"Could care less" is the worst of the lot. It means the opposite of what they think it does, ie if you "could care less", it implies that you actually do care. Absolute nonsense.

6 hours ago, Stupid Sexy Flanders said:

"Could care less" is the worst of the lot. It means the opposite of what they think it does, ie if you "could care less", it implies that you actually do care. Absolute nonsense.

Yep, this does my head in too and what’s with Americans calling the things you keep your pants and socks in draws, they’re drawers you numpties. 

Geoff the Mince
9 hours ago, Tazio said:

Or the one that gives me the rage. Referring to a penalty as a pen. For christ sake we don't have a quota of syllables we can use before we run out. 

Or Lino instead of linesman  ( and yes I know they're called assistant referees)

also the use of "awesome" for  nearly everything 

very annoying ! 

Fitzroy Pointon

The weather.  Actually beginning to lose my shit a wee bit with it.  

I remember the easter holidays when I was younger.  We used to go a wee run down the coast on bank holiday Monday to Ayr or Girvan and, although it wasn't always nice, it wasnt ******* SNOWING!!

Freezing waiting for the bus this morning, freezing on the hoof from the bus to work and now sitting freezing at my desk.  Can't warm up at all.  

3fingersreid

Waste recycling operatives, or bin men /women as I prefer to call them . 

How is it they can't put the bins back where they got them from after emptying them , or rather after the machine empties it for them ? How would the current lot have survived in the days of lifting metal bins full of old ash from coal fires and all other waste put in making it heavy ? Bloody hell they even throw the food recycling caddy about the place , after today I'll need to order the 2nd new one in 6 months as the guy who's thrown it down has broke the handle leaving a sharp spike where the handle was !

Also went into a furniture shop today with the missus and as soon as we got one step in the door a sales assistant was over asking if we needed any help ,did we know what we wanted , now I know he's on sales commission and I'd hate it to be me doing that , but ffs give us some space , all he done was actually make us leave 

scott herbertson

Got into new home in August. Gas and electricity with SSE (who I have found to be generally very good). It's a big house with two meters leading to one bill, plus a wee cottage on a separate meter

The early communications all have a message in big letters telling me to GET A SMART METER otherwise I'm clearly not smart. I'd like a smart meter as I'm using mucho Lecky and gas

So I phone and after about 20 minutes of two and fro I'm booked in. Then I get a call cancelling because of the two meters. I can't have one for the cottage either.

Next bill. WE NOTICE YOU DON'T HAVE A SMART METER! (YOu THICKO)

So I call them. Yes I would want one or two but I have two meters etc etc. "That won't be a problem- we'll get the engineer in,"

Engineer arrives

"HEY! YOU HAVE TWO METERS!"

Phones base, visit cancelled

I may be be able to get one at some date in the far and not predictable future

I phone them and ask them to stop sending me messages about smarteters but of course the system isn't smart enough...

Edited by scott herbertson

On ‎30‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 20:40, Dawnrazor said:

If I'm standing in a queue in the bank and asked to fill in a form at a counter or use a machine I tell them I'm dyslexic, they usually help you or feck off with a right beamer.

Naw! usually does the trick.

Harry Potter
12 hours ago, 3fingersreid said:

Waste recycling operatives, or bin men /women as I prefer to call them . 

How is it they can't put the bins back where they got them from after emptying them , or rather after the machine empties it for them ? How would the current lot have survived in the days of lifting metal bins full of old ash from coal fires and all other waste put in making it heavy ? Bloody hell they even throw the food recycling caddy about the place , after today I'll need to order the 2nd new one in 6 months as the guy who's thrown it down has broke the handle leaving a sharp spike where the handle was !

Also went into a furniture shop today with the missus and as soon as we got one step in the door a sales assistant was over asking if we needed any help ,did we know what we wanted , now I know he's on sales commission and I'd hate it to be me doing that , but ffs give us some space , all he done was actually make us leave 

Bin ladies, thats a new one, :mellow:

Harry Potter
On 3/29/2018 at 10:47, tokyowalnut said:

People who put jackets on their dogs for walking. No need.

It's a cracking day in Edinburgh, I've just walked past a women who has put a thick red jacket on a mid sized lab.

The type of dog that will demand home made food and reject canned dog food, :mellow:, no way to

treat a dog, should be bareback all the time,:mellow:.