Snow on the way

Budgie.

Nucky Thompson

Ha ha ha. What a crap forecast, heavy snow since 4pm yesterday and feck all! It's rain and it's melting the last wee bit that was left from Saturday

• Replies 691
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nothing this morning when I left for work in west Calder but its looking quite heavy up here in Deans the now.

See the thing I hate about this weather? It's not the cold, or the rain, or the snow, or the wind. It's SLEET. Horrible awful awful stuff.

I'm going to have to invest in a hat too. My hair can hold a LOT of frozen water...which then later melts and soaks me.... :mad:

I'm going to have to invest in a hat too. My hair can hold a LOT of frozen water...which then later melts and soaks me.... :mad:

:lol:

kingantti1874

See the thing I hate about this weather? It's not the cold, or the rain, or the snow, or the wind. It's SLEET. Horrible awful awful stuff.

Poor *******... It's just the frozen rain that soaks me when it runs over my balding heid

Everybody loves Baz

As predicted. Sent out shovelling snow around bus stops and shop fronts around Gorebridge nitten& Mayfield. Turn around and it's lying all over the place again. Waste of time lol.

Snow's been chucking it down in the city centre for the best part of 40 minutes. No idea if it's lying because I'm stuck inside too far away from windows and natural light :sob:

Snow's been chucking it down in the city centre for the best part of 40 minutes. No idea if it's lying because I'm stuck inside too far away from windows and natural light :sob:

Its not. Its more sleety than snow. I was out for a walk and got caught in it. Soaked.

Its not. Its more sleety than snow. I was out for a walk and got caught in it. Soaked.

Well that's disappointing. :(

I'm surprised you say it's more sleet than snow, looks like mostly snow from my admittedly poor vantage point, but I'll take your word for it.

It seems to be snow rather than sleet but the pavements and roads, on Princes Street anyway, are too wet for the snow to lie.

Snowing pretty heavy all day at the Gyle but feck all lying.

Went from Uni (Sighthill) to town up to Fairmilehead. Hardly any snow until you reach Buckstone, where it is like Narnia!

I hope to hell it doesn't start lying in the next few hours as I'm going out and need to take the car and won't be back until later tonight.

I can drive in the snow no problem but it isn't any easier when you have a rear wheel drive automatic car.

Coming down quite heavy here now. Dad's just been out chasing bairns that are chucking snow balls at the kitchen window :rofl:

The perks of living on the corner...

The Old Tolbooth

Snowed all day here. No really lying in Gala but seems to be worse in Selkirk and Hawick.

Here's a pic from my cousins back garden in Gala earlier mate

734362_132305143602283_101401580_n.jpg

You should have the BBC reporting from your back garden, showing how tough it is to live with this snow blizzard we have struggle through. Cant get to the shop for vital supplies and no heating, no wait a minute this is Scotland not England.

:10900:

No too bad eh? Selkirk and Hawick are worse and I'm hearing Greenlaw is much worse.

I'm trying to work out where that photo is. Is it near Meigle Street?

Woke up to nice clear roads and paths, no snow to report in Corstorphine :pleasingao:

There was when I got into my car around the time you posted this.

Nucky Thompson

There was when I got into my car around the time you posted this.

Not where I was, it was totally clear. It started about 2 fecking minutes after I posted, I must have jinxed it. There is nothing forecast after 11am so hopefully we won't get much till then

Archived