Snow on the way

Budgie.

• Replies 691
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Everybody loves Baz

Can't wait to get into work the morn only to be given a shovel and told to feck off back out there and start gritting.... :42:

Just back from a 5 mile run round Firhill, Colinton, Lanark round. Mostly clear apart from side roads were light dustings of snow remain. Sounds daft..but it 'feels' like it wants to snow in the atmosphere..make of that what you will.

Carl Fredrickson

A coupe of inches yesterday morning and another couple this morning in Gorebridge.

Surprisingly Midlothian Council have sent a snow plough and a gritter into our cul-de-sac!

Everybody loves Baz

A coupe of inches yesterday morning and another couple this morning in Gorebridge.

Surprisingly Midlothian Council have sent a snow plough and a gritter into our cul-de-sac!

Wait till tomorrow morning, there will be council boys everywhere gritting and shovelling snow, too many bodies kicking about due to new routes being implemented just now.

Midlothian are usually pretty good at getting the wee tractor/gritters doing pavements etc.

Carl Fredrickson

Midlothian are usually pretty good at getting the wee tractor/gritters doing pavements etc.

Aye the paths were done pretty quick when we had a flurry/ice snap before Christmas - but they didnt do the roads!

I think/hope lessons have been learned from previous years

There are bits of snow drifting around in the air in Leith but it doesn't seem like it'll actually start properly.

Radar's showing lots of showers coming in off the North Sea. Looks a bit hit & miss if you happen to be under one of them or not.

Have assessed things and decided that I fancy a snow day off after all tomorrow. Let's get it on God B)

Not near me.....except for today. First time in years we've had a gritter and a digger come down our street near the start of the snow....and I mean years. Perhaps the ear bashing from me and many of my neighbours 2 years ago finally struck home.

Have assessed things and decided that I fancy a snow day off after all tomorrow. Let's get it on God B)

Unless he works his magic in Edinburgh to ensure your snowed in then your screwed Tommy. Not a hint of snow through here in the west and if you work for the same LA as me then it will need to be as bad as two years ago for the schools to get closed.

Our director got a kicking for closing them then and I don't think she will be as keen this time round.

Unless he works his magic in Edinburgh to ensure your snowed in then your screwed Tommy. Not a hint of snow through here in the west and if you work for the same LA as me then it will need to be as bad as two years ago for the schools to get closed.

Our director got a kicking for closing them then and I don't think she will be as keen this time round.

That would be a shame :jjyay:

Tommy's knuckles red raw as he scrapes the car tomorrow morning.

I will be in a nice warm office with one of the typing pool girls making me a cup of tea whilst I tell them stories of Enrico Chiesa's time at the Doria.

:jjyay:

I will be in a nice warm office with one of the typing pool girls making me a cup of tea whilst I tell them stories of Enrico Chiesa's time at the Doria.

I actually don't mind at all. I love going to work this job.

That said, I'm feeling lucky for a day off this week sometime regardless of your weather apps and thei pish B)

I actually don't mind at all. I love going to work this job.

That said, I'm feeling lucky for a day off this week sometime regardless of your weather apps and thei pish B)

Times your alarm set Tommy?

Classic GA..'Typing Pool'.

Mind you can't slap their arses when they bend over as a motivational technique these days.

You office CAD.

:lol:

Still no snow through here. :pleasing:

Sergio Garcia

As Floyd is reporting no new flurries of snow in my area of Lanarkshire either.

Saying that its still lying for last weeks downfall, never seems to melt here.

There are bits of snow drifting around in the air in Leith but it doesn't seem like it'll actually start properly.

The man that makes a barbed comment about Fife lives in Leith!

banana.jpg

:beats:

:rat:

The man that makes a barbed comment about Fife lives in Leith!

All of Leith isn't the Banana Flats.

And anyway forecast for tomorrow has been upgraded to snow instead of sleet.

Light flurry in Firrhill, dosen't look like stopping anytime soon.

Tucked up in bed with a coffee watching the Andy Murray game though. :verysmug:

Need to leave for work in an hour :sob:

Archived