Snow on the way

Budgie.

portobellojambo1

Just reading on Facebook about a poster on here who was driving South for the Manchester United v Liverpool game at Old Trafford, got as far as Beattock and had to turn back due to heavy snow.

• Replies 691
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just reading on Facebook about a poster on here who was driving South for the Manchester United v Liverpool game at Old Trafford, got as far as Beattock and had to turn back due to heavy snow.

Dougie will be shaking with rage :-)

Penicuik is much higher above sea level. Mind my mate at work sending me a picture of him up to his chin in snow outside his house to accompany his phone call to the boss saying he wasn't coming in that day during the 2010 snow.

Yeah I used to live in Penicuik but worked in Edinburgh zoo and the difference in weather is unbelievable. The snow lies in Penicuik for months! I used to leave mine in blizzard condition and get to a sunny zoo hill with not a hint of snow. Anyway still none in Ullapool :)

If its going to snow at least do it tonight so that the school can close early and I don't have to die on the M8 in the morning pls :muggy:

(real reason I am not up for the snow NAP)

If its going to snow at least do it tonight so that the school can close early and I don't have to die on the M8 in the morning pls :muggy:

(real reason I am not up for the snow NAP)

The M8 when there's been snow just turns into utter bedlam :vrface:

Jackknifed lorries, arseholes that still want to drive 70mph in blizzard conditions, then the extreme opposite, the folk that just don't seem to want to move at all. Absolutely horrendous.

Sergio Garcia

Plenty of snow here in The Forth. Not that fussed as no plans for today or tomorrow and can work from home. Better F off by the time I need to get public transport though.

Plenty of snow here in The Forth. Not that fussed as no plans for today or tomorrow and can work from home. Better F off by the time I need to get pubic transport though.

Interesting!

The M8 when there's been snow just turns into utter bedlam :vrface:

Jackknifed lorries, arseholes that still want to drive 70mph in blizzard conditions, then the extreme opposite, the folk that just don't seem to want to move at all. Absolutely horrendous.

Hate the dicks who sit in the outside lane at 70 when it's snowing. Especially when you're trying to overtake the road hogging arseholes :muggy:

Hate the dicks who sit in the outside lane at 70 when it's snowing. Especially when you're trying to overtake the road hogging arseholes :muggy:

70 is the speed limit. So you would to be breaking the law to over take them... :curtain:

So does any ***** have snow then?

**** all here.

Feck all through here in Hamilton.

:pleasing:

Looks like Tommy's journey to work will be incident free...........

Unless they shut the school once he gets to it. :ninja:

Major snow on the way for most of the UK on Monday including us. 10-15 cm followed by high chance of even more as the week goes on

:pleasing:

not a cloud in the sky as i look out my window in musselburgh.....some snow haha

not a cloud in the sky as i look out my window in musselburgh.....some snow haha

Same in Glasgow, although some smart arse taxi driver told me this morning that it will hit at the end of the week.

:muggy:

I seen gritter. Snow plough and a pavement plough today and not even a bit of ice....

Not one smidgen of snow, and I'm not best pleased about that either.

I could be working from home rather than sitting here in the office. I'm way more productive when wearing jammies.

:dry:

Baws. BBC website now saying snow overnight from 11pm pretty much right through til tomorrow afternoon.

:(

Says we can expect "a few light snow flurries". That's no good. We need walloping great blankets of the stuff, not piddly 'flurries'.

That's not even traffic disturbance, it's just annoyingly wet shoes.

Says we can expect "a few light snow flurries". That's no good. We need walloping great blankets of the stuff, not piddly 'flurries'.

That's not even traffic disturbance, it's just annoyingly wet shoes.

You get roasters who can't drive skidding around after 15 minutes of sleet, never mind a few hours of light snow.

Baws. BBC website now saying snow overnight from 11pm pretty much right through til tomorrow afternoon.

:(

STV seem to be saying opposite... I will look out the window tomorrow morning and see who is right...

Nicholas Brody

That wasn't snow.

Believe me, I was in 'Nam.

I can't compete with that :sob:

Archived