Snow on the way

Budgie.

• Replies 691
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep, I'm in Bathgate too (up the top end) and it was really bad earlier. Died down a bit now. Actually just looked out and it's back on again. Lying too.

Higher prelim tomorrow. This could be bad timing :(

What? Usually people would pray for a snow day during the exam period.

blondejamtart

It's fallen and has disappeared.

:jjyay:

Not in my garden it hasn't...but that's Gorebridge for you. Looks like the Arctic out my kitchen window at the moment

. Fecking roads were terrible this morning driving from West Calder to Deans. Do West Lothian council do anything rather than sit on their backsides. As for drivers not indicating today at turns you will cause an accident ya *****. conditions are bad and some drivers forget the basics of driving

Nucky Thompson

Just a wee dusting in Corstorphine this morning. As long as it's clear at Edinburgh airport on Friday morning for my plane taking off for Tenerife, I don't give a feck. It can snow for a fortnight after that :curtain:

• 1 month later...

Just looked our the window. Early start for work I think. Boooo to snow.

What gets me is people joining the bypass.

I've been driving in the town since 5am. The roads are covered in snow and also icy. Skidding about everywhere.

Why the **** would you go onto the bypass? Radio saying its not moving at all east bound.

:vrface:

Thick.

Nucky Thompson

What no gritters out ? What a surprise...

I was coming back up the road from Berwick yesterday afternoon and saw about 3 gritters waiting in the laybys from Dunbar onwards, it was bright sunshine at the time right enough :curtain:

Nucky Thompson

looking at the live camaras on traffic Scotland and the bypass seems to be clear and moving. The snow will be gone by tonight

Anyone know what the roads are like at gyle/hermiston gait/calder road/bypass going east/any route to Craiglockhart from Kirkliston?

Nucky Thompson

Anyone know what the roads are like at gyle/hermiston gait/calder road/bypass going east/any route to Craiglockhart from Kirkliston?

There is a breakdown eastbound at Hermiston Gait

Ryan Jarman

Firrhill is ridiculous at the moment.

The amount of people that haven't cleared the snow off the roofs of their cars :vrface:

Hopefully it blocks the arseholes queueing up for doughnuts :jjyay:

I'm sitting with my feet up watching a film.

:verysmug:

Get some cocoa and then out for some slide tackles?

Thanks. Will go the gyle way I think then. Fecking nightmare. Got a presentation today.If I never had it I'd be having a day of dissertation work at home which would descend into watching disney films and drinking hot chocolate.

I'm heading out soon. Snow everywhere and I need to take the car.

It's rear wheel drive.

And automatic.

Luckily I've just renewed my insurance.

Prince Buaben

Lucky they've gritted the roads though eh....

:vrface:

Just seen a gritter down granton. :jjyay:

PsychocAndy

Took the Mrs to her work this morning, doing handbrake turns in car park, makes up for not being able to take the dug out.

Franklin Delano Bluth
Took the Mrs to her work this morning, doing handbrake turns in car park, makes up for not being able to take the dug out.

Like the football version of slide tackles!

:yas:

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Still not left in the car yet. It's parked tail in to the pavement on a slope and couldn't get enough traction to get up the slope. And I didn't want to risk sliding the rear end into the cars either side of it. Going to have a cuppa and head back out with a shovel and some rock salt.

Archived