Snow on the way

Budgie.

:muggy:

It's fecking shyte. Ice hertjng blown in uour ear hole. Finishing my last hour up here then I'm away for some of the old hot stuff.

Stop off at Colinton Mains park for some slide tackles first though.

:jjyay:

That you finished work for the day mate?

• Replies 691
  • Created
  • Last Reply
chuck berrys hairline

Its lying pretty thick here in livingston a good 3-4 inches off packed snow. And theres no signs of it stopping being chucking it down since i got up.

heartsfc_fan

Drive into work was fine for me.

Lasswade is a white-out but as soon as you hit the inner parts of the city (Cameron Toll etc) no snow at all.

A kick in the baws, because just had a call from the missus, snow day for her :11300: Her boss (Livingston) is sending everyone home.

That you finished work for the day mate?

Is now mate.

Started at 5 and still have more scheduled but **** this. It can wait until the morn. :lol:

The benefits of being self employed.

:verysmug:

Just going into Morrisons for some cream to top off the hot chocolate. And a slither of Brie.

:jjyay:

indianajones

Sent home from work. Cant access any sites in this weather and we have few 4x4s. Fantastic scenes.

Dean Winchester

Out at Livingston and there's no sign of getting sent home... Still looks like it's battering it down outside

Work wanted me to drive up to Dundee were gonna let me use the gaffers audi but kindly told them no ill just stay in the warehouse. Sent some other poor sod up. To hell with driving in that when I don't need too.

so much for the heavy snow as its raining now in musselburgh

Thank Christ. Hoping Tranent will be the same as heading through later. On the way to Livi the now, mum and dad are taking me shopping for birthday presents and the snow seems to be turning to rain here.

This snow lark has been totally pathetic.

It's not even snow, it's bloody SLUSH.

No 'snow days', no pretty scenes I can instagram and chuck up on my Facebook page, no fun stuff. Just wet feet and fuzzy hair. MEH.

This snow lark has been totally pathetic.

It's not even snow, it's bloody SLUSH.

No 'snow days', no pretty scenes I can instagram and chuck up on my Facebook page, no fun stuff. Just wet feet and fuzzy hair. MEH.

You should move to West Lothian. ::troll:::'>

kingantti1874

How bad? I'm due to head home to Bathgate soon.

Was bad earlier but light enough now... Still on tho

rossthejambo

Was pretty bad out past Loanhead this morning. No idea what it's like now mind.

so much for the heavy snow as its raining now in musselburgh

. Raining in Newington as well...

Still snowing just outside West Calder.

Hasn't stopped since I got up.

Fortunately, I'm on a day off.

Still snowing just outside West Calder.

Hasn't stopped since I got up.

Fortunately, I'm on a day off.

great that will mean West Calder Main Street will still be the mess it was this morning.

Also working in Livi and dreading the walk to the bus stop tonight, office is just short of a mile away from the nearest bus stop and the road I walk along has no footpath!

Although at least this morning some random old bloke took pity on me trudging through the snow and stopped to offer me a lift!!

Dean Winchester

Also working in Livi and dreading the walk to the bus stop tonight, office is just short of a mile away from the nearest bus stop and the road I walk along has no footpath!

Although at least this morning some random old bloke took pity on me trudging through the snow and stopped to offer me a lift!!

Sky as well then? :lol:

Nucky Thompson

There is no sign of it left whatsoever in Edinburgh. Been raining all afternoon

Dean Winchester

Aye!

The reason I learnt to drive and got a car. I wasn't even that bad considering my mate works in the same department and had a car but he was off for a couple of weeks and it was an absolute nightmare.

I never want to get on a First bus again :lol:

Franklin Delano Bluth

Aberdeen is holding up. It's just coming and going. Snow's like the arctic for 5 minutes then stops, melts and starts again 20 minutes later. Might go down the park and do some slide tackles, do some handbrake turns in the car park then home and get the hot chocolate on. Fantastic.

The reason I learnt to drive and got a car. I wasn't even that bad considering my mate works in the same department and had a car but he was off for a couple of weeks and it was an absolute nightmare.

I never want to get on a First bus again :lol:

Planning to save up and buy a bike this year, first bus a terrible! Been late 3 times already because the sodding buses have broken down, first time it didn't even manage to get off Regent Road before breaking down :lol:!

Seen the daft wee 14 - 15 year olds who took the piss out of me last night and told them to get to school or get a job.

Got followed half way down the road to the bus stop to a torrent of abuse.

Gotta hand it to them, they are quite articulate in the ribbing proccess.

Will be great when I take out my revenge on them

:verysmug:

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/

Woke up to a couple of inches of snow in Armadale.

This time last year it was beach weather! :unsure:

today last year we had a heat wave. I remember this because I sat my driving test that day and was roasting in the car sitting next to a big fat St Mirren fan who wanted the windows to stay rolled up.

today last year we had a heat wave. I remember this because I sat my driving test that day and was roasting in the car sitting next to a big fat St Mirren fan who wanted the windows to stay rolled up.

Sure I read March last year was the hottest for decades and this year has been the coldest for decades!

Ryan Jarman

There's only so much hot chocolate and slide tackes I can take.

Ryan Jarman

Some boy on the bus wearing sunglasses and ear muffs.

Some boy on the bus wearing sunglasses and ear muffs.

:rofl:

How guilty are you going to feel if he gets up at his stop and starts feeling his way to the front of the bus using his white stick...

:curtain:

Nucky Thompson

Stv with a story saying it could last until the end of April.

:sob:

The press just love a negative story

scottish_chicP
Stv with a story saying it could last until the end of April.

Now that would suck given I might be home in 2 weeks and it was 36 degrees today :(

kingantti1874

I was reading an article the other day which was explaining the reduction in sea ice is responsible for pushing the jet stream south which in turns allows the development of anti-cyclones, anti-cyclones are rare for the UK and now 3 out of the last 4 winters have been dominated by them...

The jet stream is currently sitting around France which is a record latitude so the current weather will persist for the foreseeable...

The thing is, we should all be keeping our fingers crossed that it stays that way, if it does stay that way this summer will be more akin to a Canadian or Scandinavian summer, clear skies and mid 20's as the easterly wind will drag in warm air from the continent as opposed to the cold stuff we are experiencing now... If the Gulf Stream moves north again that's when it will get wet and windy... I know what is prefer.. Snowy winters, Sunny summers , sounds like a plan.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Had enough long slide tackles for one year.

This is getting me down.

Archived