WWE

Beats

I don't buy into Mahal as champion at all.

They've done it purely to get into the Indian market. None of it is on any sort of merit.

Brock Lesnar wins the belt and is never seen for months yet when Balor wins the belt and is injured he's forced to give it up when he's probably away for the same amount of time.

I hope to god Samoa Joe is given the belt and the sooner guys like AJ and Rollins are back among the main prize the better.

Matt and Jeff have come back, done their job of making the tag titles relevant again, split them up before it goes stale. Get the rights to broken Matt sorted and have him get into the title picture on raw, he'd work well with Wyatt. Get Jeff over to smackdown and have him and AJ do a proper heel/face title story. It would work stunningly well.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beats

• The Great Khali

• weststand93

• :shitwine:

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Only thing annoying me about MITB is that its a smack down only ppv. They should have had Raw involved as well rather than some shan made up named PPV separate for them. 

Other than that think it will be a strong PPV, I'm guessing Nakamura for the briefcase and he will cash it in at summerslam against Mahal. 

letsalldothebeattie

Not staying up for it will watch tomorrow after work but looking forward to this PPV despite poor shows of late Smackdown do tend to pull it out the bag when it comes to the PPVs.

Corbin will win the briefcase which I'm delighted about. I like Corbin he's a proper heel and will be the perfect holder of the briefcase to cash in at any moment. Although I do like the idea of Sami winning and possibly announcing ahead of time his cash in. Think Corbin will cash in at Summerslam on Mahal. WWE have broke India market and will want to get big numbers for one of the big 4 in Summerslam and have Mahal main event it as champ will do that especially against someone like Cena and after he wins Corbin sneaks in and cashes in.

Looking forward to the first ever women's one too. Becky Lynch to win it and turn heel in the process of holding the briefcase.

As far as other matches go.

Hype Bros win on Pre Show I think against Colons.

New Day win tag Titles

Naomi retains women's title over Lana

And as mentioned earlier Mahal retains over Orton.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...
weststand93

So it's WWE Battleground tonight, I've not watched RAW or Smackdown for weeks now, think I'll watch this but it don't really seem like much has happened. here are the matches

1PTye Dillinger vs. Aiden English Singles match[20] 2 Jinder Mahal © (with The Singh Brothers) vs. Randy Orton Punjabi Prison match for the WWE Championship[21] 3 The Usos (Jey and Jimmy Uso) © vs. The New Day (Big EKofi Kingston, and/or Xavier Woods) Tag team match for the WWE SmackDown Tag Team Championship[22] 4 John Cena vs. Rusev Flag match[23] 5 Charlotte Flair vs. Becky Lynch vs. Natalya vs. Tamina vs. Lana Fatal 5-Way elimination match to determine the #1 contender for the WWE SmackDown Women's Championship at SummerSlam[24] 6 Shinsuke Nakamura vs. Baron Corbin Singles match[25] 7 AJ Styles © vs. Kevin Owens Singles match for the WWE United States Championship[26] 8 Sami Zayn vs. Mike Kanellis (with Maria Kanellis) Singles match[27]

A certain poster (if he still posts) will be delighted.

was thinking that myself now is a perfect time for his return  :pleasing:

That was probably the worst PPV I've ever watched because I couldn't give a flying about any of the matches or results. There wasn't a single hook to any of them.

The only one that interested me was the AJ match and even then I don't mind Kevin Owens winning because he's well worthy of it anyway, if given the chance to develop they could put on a storyline that would rival some of the best in the attitude era. They've actually ruined KO from what I've seen. In the indie circuit he was pulling off moves some cruiserweights would struggle with. Hardly see any of that now.

letsalldothebeattie

Battleground was arguably the worst PPV for a long time. 2 decent matches New Day v Usos & Styles v Owens wasn't enough to save this PPV. Been proven twice previously the Punjabi Prison match doesn't get the fans excited for the match the way other stipulations do and once again its failed to deliver. I hope they put that match to rest now and never do it again.

Apart from Owens/Styles/New Day/Usos the PPV done nothing for any superstar on the roster going forward to Summerslam on the blue brand.

Styles will now move onto Nakamura at Summerslam, Owens will do his challenge again possibly/hopefully feud with Chad Gable. New Day & Usos can go again I love watching them. Surely Mahal is finished with Orton now wouldn't surprise me if Cena came in to get big draws to Summerslam. Other than that can't see how the others on the card from Sunday will get into the Summerslam card especially being joint brand show.

• 3 weeks later...
letsalldothebeattie

Summerslam week begins and got to say looking forward to the weekend. Takeover Brooklyn 3 on Saturday then Summerslam on Sunday will hopefully make for a cracking weekend of wrestling viewing. Plus with rumours of another superstar shakeup happening after Summerslam it could be an interesting week or two.

Takeover will surely steal the weekend as it usually does with the card its got on

Gargano v Almas could be a cracking match assuming Ciampa will get involved somewhere to continue from the break up at Chicago

Black v Itami has the makings of a brutal hard hitting clash which I think will set Black up for a title shot soon.

AOP v SAnitY could be decent. Think SAnitY will go over and take the titles with AOP moving onto Smackdown as they desperately need Tag Teams just now. Plus could be brought in at Summerslam as Breezango attackers

Asuka v Ember Moon both produced a good match at Orlando and think this will be the moment Asuka finally loses potentially to move to Raw or Smackdown

Roode v McIntyre think this has the makings of a classic fancy McIntyre to win with potentially Roode moving up as well in this shake up.

As for Summerslam the card is a bit weak for what is to be a 6 hour show (2 for Pre Show & assuming Main show lasts the 4 being touted) 11 matches so far and I would assume from whats been going on, on Raw we could have Miz v Jason Jordan added to the card as well. In all honesty im only looking forward to 5 matches on the card, New Day v Usos, Styles v Owens, Neville v Tozawa, Bliss v Banks (I hope its Banks) & Lesnar v Reigns, Joe,& Strowman.

Whats everyone thinking of the coming week in WWE? Takeover to steal the weekend? Will Summerslam be a good show? Better than Takeover?

RustyRightPeg

Rumours that Ziggler's absence is related to a character repackage. Be interesting to see what comes of it.

letsalldothebeattie

Rumours that Ziggler's absence is related to a character repackage. Be interesting to see what comes of it.

He definitely needs something as he was struggling before his "heel" turn and has struggled as a "heel" mainly because nobody can buy him as one.

I've heard he's one who will be shifted in this possible superstart shakeup after Summerslam and see him moved to NXT

He definitely needs something as he was struggling before his "heel" turn and has struggled as a "heel" mainly because nobody can buy him as one.

I've heard he's one who will be shifted in this possible superstart shakeup after Summerslam and see him moved to NXT

I'd have suggested Enzo was the more likely candidate to go back to NXT. With the chat that his attitude/personality needs to be reigned in it's the chance for NXT folks to help him.

letsalldothebeattie

I'd have suggested Enzo was the more likely candidate to go back to NXT. With the chat that his attitude/personality needs to be reigned in it's the chance for NXT folks to help him.

Yeah I could see zen I going back to NXT could also see him being put on 205 live as well because let's face it he will struggle on the main roster as a singles competitor

letsalldothebeattie

Correct.

More interested in Takeover and a certain debut, Bay Bay.

Who's debuting? Must have missed this

RustyRightPeg

Who's debuting? Must have missed this

A lot of speculation that a certain former ROH Champ has signed with WWE.

I don't wanna say out on here for spoilers in case I ruin it for folk so can PM you if you wish.

letsalldothebeattie

A lot of speculation that a certain former ROH Champ has signed with WWE.

I don't wanna say out on here for spoilers in case I ruin it for folk so can PM you if you wish.

I know who you are on about now. I heard he had signed just had no idea meant to be debuting at Takeover.

RustyRightPeg

I know who you are on about now. I heard he had signed just had no idea meant to be debuting at Takeover.

Bit of a wasted opportunity if he doesn't debut IMO.

Suspect Roode could be called up *if* the rumoured Superstar shake up happens on Monday they'd need another Main Eventer in NXT.

letsalldothebeattie

Bit of a wasted opportunity if he doesn't debut IMO.

Suspect Roode could be called up *if* the rumoured Superstar shake up happens on Monday they'd need another Main Eventer in NXT.

With the suspected Superstar shakeup to happen Monday & Tuesday I would be disappointed if they didn't debut him at Takeover.

I did say I think Roode, Asuka & AOP will lose titles and move up to main roster. Think AOP to Smackdown as they desperately need tag teams just now could well be the attackers of Breezango as well.

RustyRightPeg

With the suspected Superstar shakeup to happen Monday & Tuesday I would be disappointed if they didn't debut him at Takeover.

I did say I think Roode, Asuka & AOP will lose titles and move up to main roster. Think AOP to Smackdown as they desperately need tag teams just now could well be the attackers of Breezango as well.

Agree with everything you say.

I wonder what Mr Corbin is feeling like this morning...

Would have been a brilliant twist to have Corbin suddenly win and head in to defend in the triple threat with Nakamura and Cena.

Shame. Turned a big thing, winning money in the bank, into a cheap laugh that doesn't really change anything.

The AJ and Owens storyline also feels like it's lost a bit of an edge. You know it's going to come down to whoever punches Shane "by accident" and he retaliates against. Probably ends up missing as well and hitting the other guy handing the person who hit him the match.

Joe to win the title. That's all I want.

RustyRightPeg

Would have been a brilliant twist to have Corbin suddenly win and head in to defend in the triple threat with Nakamura and Cena.

Shame. Turned a big thing, winning money in the bank, into a cheap laugh that doesn't really change anything.

The AJ and Owens storyline also feels like it's lost a bit of an edge. You know it's going to come down to whoever punches Shane "by accident" and he retaliates against. Probably ends up missing as well and hitting the other guy handing the person who hit him the match.

Joe to win the title. That's all I want.

I wonder if this is a pause in his push or not. 

I wonder if this is a pause in his push or not.

I think they are lost for ideas. They can't figure out what to do with half the talent on the roster.

The last time I was really immersed in wrestling I was watching TNA in 2005. Never seen anything better since and I was watching Samoa Joe and AJ Styles.

Best part about the attitude era. Everyone that mattered for the majority had something to do. They were always working storylines. Actual stories.

Austin or The Rock could go 5-10 weeks in a row and never wrestle but it didn't matter. They had a story and it only took 15 minutes of a promo each week to keep the story moving. They didn't need to fight but you could throw in a stunner and a couple of cans and the fans would go home happy. They had proper chemistry and could create a real story that you believed.

All the while while HHH and the undertaker for example who have done the same thing for the few weeks prior would get their 30 minutes to develop the story but also have a match that would result in some DX interference etc so nobody wins but someone gets one up for that week.

These days the story development is shit. They don't even try to do promos any more because none of them can improvise and the writers are clueless. The matches are shit because you aren't immersed in the story. The promos are shit and the only guys who can create a story are kept down by guys like Brock Lesnar who don't even show up for 3 months and wrestle 5 minute matches. Cena....enough said.

I mean what the hell is that with Randy Orton. He loses the Punjabi prison match because Kali suddenly comes back for 2 minutes and then for some reason he's randomly super kicked by Rusev a week later. Utterly pointless.

RustyRightPeg

I think they are lost for ideas. They can't figure out what to do with half the talent on the roster.

The last time I was really immersed in wrestling I was watching TNA in 2005. Never seen anything better since and I was watching Samoa Joe and AJ Styles.

Best part about the attitude era. Everyone that mattered for the majority had something to do. They were always working storylines. Actual stories.

Austin or The Rock could go 5-10 weeks in a row and never wrestle but it didn't matter. They had a story and it only took 15 minutes of a promo each week to keep the story moving. They didn't need to fight but you could throw in a stunner and a couple of cans and the fans would go home happy. They had proper chemistry and could create a real story that you believed.

All the while while HHH and the undertaker for example who have done the same thing for the few weeks prior would get their 30 minutes to develop the story but also have a match that would result in some DX interference etc so nobody wins but someone gets one up for that week.

These days the story development is shit. They don't even try to do promos any more because none of them can improvise and the writers are clueless. The matches are shit because you aren't immersed in the story. The promos are shit and the only guys who can create a story are kept down by guys like Brock Lesnar who don't even show up for 3 months and wrestle 5 minute matches. Cena....enough said.

I mean what the hell is that with Randy Orton. He loses the Punjabi prison match because Kali suddenly comes back for 2 minutes and then for some reason he's randomly super kicked by Rusev a week later. Utterly pointless.

I've since read up that Vince has lost a bit of faith in Corbin and the way he has lost to on the Mic battles with Cena over the last few weeks. Hence the reason for the cash in, it's all part of a bigger plan to build him into an even angrier and hostile character.

I agree though, whilst I love the fact the brand split happened when it did as everything had become a bit stale, they are now pushing stories into 4 week time frames i.e. Orton & Rusev so that they can each have the monthly PPV's!

letsalldothebeattie

Can't believe they've bumped one of the matches of the night at Summerslam to the pre show. Usos v New Day on the pre show for the tag titles is a joke. They tore it up at Battleground and could potentially do the same at Summerslam only now to be relegated to the pre show. Now I know one or two matches need to move to the pre show but arguably one of the matches of the night seems a bit of a joke.

RustyRightPeg

Can't believe they've bumped one of the matches of the night at Summerslam to the pre show. Usos v New Day on the pre show for the tag titles is a joke. They tore it up at Battleground and could potentially do the same at Summerslam only now to be relegated to the pre show. Now I know one or two matches need to move to the pre show but arguably one of the matches of the night seems a bit of a joke.

The build up & mic work leading up to this match has been as good as I've seen in a long long time.

It's farcical that this match will be pre-show but the likes off Orton & Rusev which is a meaningless match will be on the main card.

letsalldothebeattie

The build up & mic work leading up to this match has been as good as I've seen in a long long time.

It's farcical that this match will be pre-show but the likes off Orton & Rusev which is a meaningless match will be on the main card.

Exactly the build for this has been great actually been done well by WWE for a change. Both teams clearly been given a lot of freedom with promos etc which has helped the whole rivalry and to just throw all that work and arguably one of the hottest rivalries in the company just now onto the pre show is seriously bad booking by the company.

Looking at the card I agree Orton v Rusev could and should be on the pre show, Big Show v Big Cass could be as well, I just have no interest in this match and neither does a lot of folk I know. Other one I would've said should be pre show would be Natalya v Naomi only interest I have is that I hope Carmella cashes in at the end. If the cash in wasn't an option to add drama to the show I would think this would certainly be on pre show.

RustyRightPeg

Exactly the build for this has been great actually been done well by WWE for a change. Both teams clearly been given a lot of freedom with promos etc which has helped the whole rivalry and to just throw all that work and arguably one of the hottest rivalries in the company just now onto the pre show is seriously bad booking by the company.

Looking at the card I agree Orton v Rusev could and should be on the pre show, Big Show v Big Cass could be as well, I just have no interest in this match and neither does a lot of folk I know. Other one I would've said should be pre show would be Natalya v Naomi only interest I have is that I hope Carmella cashes in at the end. If the cash in wasn't an option to add drama to the show I would think this would certainly be on pre show.

The only explanation I can think of is they're trying to bring more attention to the pre-show.

I know these guys are getting on a bit now but look at the potential for these guys in WWE.

My favourite cage match and most of it is outside the cage. Everything about it is innovative and Abyss was the one who proved AJ could work great matches against bigger guys.

AJ and Joe have regularly worked some of the best matches of all time.

My favourite being the triple threat with Daniels. However this match shows how well he and Joe can work a singles match.

Edited by Bauld

RustyRightPeg

It would be rude of me not to ask if perhaps this was changed to just a wresting thread a a case to WWE.

Some of the best wrestling going on at the moment is outwith the big boys i.e. ROH & NJPW and i find myself glued to my screen whenever i watch the likes of the Young Bucks, Ibushi, Okada & Omega to name a few go at it in NJPW.

letsalldothebeattie

Hardy Boyz & Jason Jordan v Miz & Miztourage now been added to card on Pre Show as well. That's now 3 pre show & 10 main show matches

letsalldothebeattie

Thought Takeover last night was excellent. Delivered as they always do. Ending was amazing BAY BAY

RustyRightPeg

What a bloody main event!!!!!

Strowman has gone from a mediocre performer to looking like the most legitimate main eventer in a year!!

• 1 month later...
letsalldothebeattie

Well that's No Mercy in the books for another year and got to say feel a bit let down by the whole show.

It was built well with Reigns v Cena & Strowman v Lesnar but when it came to the actual night I felt having promised so much it delivered very little.

It's very clear to see at the event more and more now how nobody gives a feck about Jason Jordan and it's a shame for the guy he's clearly a good worker but the story he's been given has killed the guy. I'm glad the Miz won because let's face it best IC champ in years.

Balor v Wyatt was a lot better than I thought it was going to be.

Ambrose/Rollins v Cesaro/Sheamus was excellent along with New Day v Usos last couple matches up there with best we've seen all year. Cesaro losing teeth during the match was unreal.

Women's match was good Nia Jax deserves a run with the belt soon she looks amazing every time she steps in the ring and that Powerbomb she took to the outside WOW!

Reigns v Cena when announced didn't fancy it hate both guys but damn the Promos they cut on each other were savage and drew me in big time. Brilliant match Cena made Reigns look amazing and same other way round although we all knew Cena can wrestle a long time ago.

Cruiserweight title match I'm disappointed with. Not happy with the outcome Neville has worked his ass off building that division making the title look legit and then Enzo comes along and with his first shot takes the title. Not having it makes Neville look like a punk. I know he lost by a kick in the balls but come on they could've at least built Enzo up to look a legit threat over the coming months. Plus I'd rather see Gallagher, Alexander & Dar hold the belt before Enzo.

Then the Universal title match after all the hype what a let down. Strowman is clearly the next big monster in the company and he looked dominant in the build and then the start of the match but then a Kimura lock take down in one go makes Strowman look weak and even worse he delivered a few of his running power slam finishers to Lesnar with kick outs but Lesnar wins with 1 F5 come on. I'm all for making guys look strong in the business but they could've made Strowman look so much stronger if he kicked out of 1 F5. I just feel after the build to it the whole match was a let down.

What did you think of No Mercy?

Never mind onto Hell in a Cell next which should be a good PPV and from one ad during No Mercy on the network seemed to hint at the possible first ever Tag Team Hell in a Cell match with New Day v Usos for the "Final Time in Hell" which I would love to see it's about time Tag Teams were given the Cell to use.

• 2 weeks later...

Hell in Cell - fairly solid PPV.

Owens vs Shane - really enjoyed this. The ending was a bit of a surprise.

letsalldothebeattie

Tag Team Cell, US Triple Threat & Shane/KO made that PPV as good as it was. Thought middle was a bit of a let down but its still been one of the best PPV this year.

New Day/Usos once again I could watch them go at it all the time, that Cell match was one hell of a way to end the rivalry. I think that match will be spoken about in years to come like the Hardyz/E&C/Dudleys TLC matches are.

KO/Shane was unreal the stuff  they did on top the Cell had me thinking they were going to go through the top. The end I never saw coming I thought KO would win but didn't see Zayn getting involved

On 10/10/2017 at 12:25, letsalldothebeattie said:

KO/Shane was unreal the stuff  they did on top the Cell had me thinking they were going to go through the top. The end I never saw coming I thought KO would win but didn't see Zayn getting involved

The KO segment on Smackdown was brilliantly funny. KO is one of the best all round performers in WWE destined even more success than he has already achieved.

I like Zayn going heel - he is more than capable of stepping up a level or two. Suspect the short term sees Zayn pick up a championship or two with a potential turn on KO down the line.

letsalldothebeattie
10 hours ago, Mysterion said:

The KO segment on Smackdown was brilliantly funny. KO is one of the best all round performers in WWE destined even more success than he has already achieved.

I like Zayn going heel - he is more than capable of stepping up a level or two. Suspect the short term sees Zayn pick up a championship or two with a potential turn on KO down the line.

KO/Zayn segment was some excellent work. KO his brilliant funny self and Zayn was spot on in things he said which made the segment so good. His delivery as a heel was excellent for someone I thought might struggle as I’m not aware he’s ever been heel before. 

Agree I see Zayn getting a championship or two through this possibly even seeing Zayn/KO tag title run in the not too distant future. 

I think they’ve done this to have something massive between these two at Mania. I know it’ll strike of JeriKO from this year but I think it’ll work so much better because they never have a bad match 

• 2 weeks later...

Now this is going to be very interesting. 

WWE tables ladders and chairs has been thrown into absolute chaos.

Roman Reigns and Bray Wyatt have been struck down by viral meningitis and as a result they can't perform.

AJ Styles has been drafted in to face Finn Balor. While that meeting is pretty random it's an absolute dream match between former Bullet Club leaders and AJ could face off against a cardboard cut out of himself and still work a good match. 

KURT ANGLE WRESTLES IN WWE RING FOR THE FIRST TIME IN 11 YEARS. 

He replaced Reigns to battle in the 3 on 5 handicap match. Love it. Let him win it with an ankle lock to the Miz.